Thursday, May 24, 2007

Winter Just Wasn't My Season

“Some times you are such a jerk,” I snapped at Jordan as he stood there with arrogant grin on his face. He started to say something but I didn’t want to hear it and I told him that. “Just leave us alone.”

As Jordan stalked off, I turned to Josh who had gotten off his knees when Jordan came home. “Honey…” I went to him, wrapped my arms around his waist and held him. I honestly didn’t know what to say about moving in with him. I thought we needed to talk about it more.

We stood in each other’s arms for a long time; it felt so good I didn’t want it to end. And if it wasn’t for his watch beeping, he probably would still be holding me. “Anna,” he kissed the top of my head. “I didn’t mean for it to come out that way, he’s not the reason I want us to live together.”

“I know,” I told him as I tried to snuggle closer to him. It was true, I did know that but I did wonder if that was the reason he wanted it to happen so soon.

“I have to go,” he sighed. “Were we getting together after you get off work tonight?”

“Mmmhmm,” I gave him a squeeze before I smiled up at him. “I was going to come over after, is that ok?”

He told me that sounded great. “I hope that we can talk about this then?”

I giggled, “Will you be half asleep?”

“No!” He chuckled, “I’ll be fully awake, even if I have to take a nap after I get off work!”

I walked him the three feet to the door and gave him a kiss before he jogged away. Before closing the door, I noticed that my car was now sitting in the driveway.

That jerk! I closed the door harder than I meant too and made a beeline straight for Jordan’s room. “What the hell were you doing taking my car without even asking?” I asked him as his door bounced off the wall as I threw it open.

Jordan turned towards me slowly, “It’s not the first time I’ve borrowed your car without asking.”

“No, it’s not.” I agreed. “But damn it Jordan, you came home drunk! And you think I wouldn’t mind you stealing my car?”

He rolled his eyes, “I’m not going to argue with you, so stop trying to pick a fight. Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to get in the shower and get ready for work.” He turned to his dressed and was going through the top drawer for a pair of underwear and socks when I picked up his pillow and flung it at him.

“Don’t turn away from me when I’m talking to you!” I snapped at him as he looked over his shoulder at me.

“You really need to calm down Anna,” he said softly, which irritated the hell out of me.

“How could you Jordan? Why would you say something like that to Josh?”

He slammed his drawer shut. “Because it’s true! Why can’t you see that he’s only trying to control you? Wanting you to move in because he misses you? HA! He wants you to move in so that you are around him 24 hours and not living a life of your own!”

“No, that’s not true!”

“Yes is it!” Jordan came over to me, “Since you started seeing him, you’ve changed! You don’t do anything without his approval. When you do try to do something without him, he’s calling you or showing up unexpectantly!”

“I’m still the same person I always was Jordan!”

Jordan stared down at me for a minute and then he shrugged, “Fine, whatever. Move in with Josh, be his little robot. See if I care.”

“Jordan it’s not -”

“Anna, I don’t care. It’s your life, do what you want. I have to get ready for work, please leave.”

I didn’t move I stood there staring at him. I wanted to tell him that Josh wasn’t like that, that he would see. I don’t need his approval, I do things I want to do. And yes, I want to spend time with him, I don’t like not being with him. “Jordan…” I started to say something but he rolled his eyes at me.

“What will it take to get you to leave me alone?” He asked and then he gave me a smile. “I bet I know,” he reached for his shirt and pulled it over his head. When I didn’t move, he laughed, “Interesting. You know it’s all coming off,” he said as he undid the button on his jeans and pulled the zipper down. My eyes remained on his face, as he pushed his jeans to the floor.

“Not much left,” he said in a teasing tone. “I’d get out if I were you, Josh wouldn’t like it if you saw me naked, especially after last night.”

I rolled my eyes, “You aren’t going to strip in front of me.” I told him as I crossed my arms over my chest and glared at him.

“No?” He raised a brow and smiled at me. “I guess you’ll soon find out.” Jordan shortened the distance between us. “I’d get out of here if I were you, these are coming off.” When I didn’t move he shrugged, “Ok.”

I couldn’t see what he was doing; he was too close to see where his hands went when they weren’t in my line of vision. He was moving around in front of me when he raised a brow and looked down, “Huh! Looks like ‘little Jordy’ is up this morning.”

And that’s when I looked down.

“I KNEW IT!” He exclaimed as my head snapped back up. “It’s that right there Anna that makes me wonder if you really know what you are doing with Josh.”

I rolled my eyes at him, “That means nothing Jordan!”

“No?” He frowned, “For some reason I don’t think that Josh would think you standing there watching me get naked means nothing.”

“You didn’t get naked,” I pointed out.

He chuckled, “No I didn’t. But you looked anyway.”

“Whatever Jordan,” I went to leave but he grabbed my arm and turned me around. “Jor-”

My words got lost as his mouth covered mine. It took me a moment to realize that he was trying to kiss me. And when that realization struck, I snapped.

Pulling back from him, I didn’t even give him a chance to say anything before my hand landed soundly against his cheek. “I told you never to do that again!”

I ran from his room, started to head for mine when I heard him call out to me. I changed my direction, I ran out through the kitchen. Grabbing my keys from the table, I barely slipped on my boots and took my jacket before I was out the door.

“Anna wait!”

I fumbled with the remote for a moment and panic set in as I saw Jordan coming down the steps towards me. He didn’t bother to grab a jacket, only his boots. If I wasn’t so upset with him I probably would’ve yelled at him to get his butt back in the house, he was only wearing his boxers.

As I drove away, I knew I couldn’t go back. That there was no way Jordan and I could ever live together after that.

I didn’t even know if we could be friends.

26 comments:

Anna said...

Good Morning Everyone!

I want to thank everyone for commenting on yesterday's blog.

I've been having a bad day so far. In real life I have 4 sisters, no brothers. Yesterday one of my sisters, who was pregnant with her fourth child called me to tell me that she lost the baby. I didn't know what to say to her, I felt so bad about this. See I wasn't too thrilled when I found out she was pregnant, I won't go into why because that's too personal. All yesterday was I walking around in a daze, I couldn't believe it happened and as I tried to sleep I only had nightmares of a little baby needing my help but I just couldn't save him.

I know this has no bearing on the story...but it does make it harder to make the story happy.

Thank you all for being wonderful to me...I hope you all have a great day...I'll see you tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

i'm really sorry angela i hope your sister is ok. i think we'll be ok if you need to take a day or two off from posting. hope you and ur family the best.

B

Anonymous said...

Oh, Anna, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister as I too have 3 younger sisters, (and my youngest sister lost one of her sons at a young age of 2 years old a couple of years back) I sort of know what your feeling.

Just the fact that you even wrote at all says that you are a wonderful, thoughtful person.

Thank you for that.

GG

Anonymous said...

the whole anna and jordan issue is so hard! i think we all understand that shes totally in love with josh and so is he with her, although it is moving so fast they def have something going. although jordan seems pretty amazing and theyve been childhood friends forever, i don't know if shes completely sure of herself with josh and might always wonder what could've happened if she were to date jordan, but then she'd wonder wat if josh was the one. decisions decisions.


btw: love the song love the title...

Anonymous said...

Anna, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister and her baby! You'll all be in my prayers! And I agree with B that we'll all be ok if you need to take awhile off to do what you need to do, and not post. You have to do what's best for you and your family right now...

Dawn

Anonymous said...

My prayers are with your sister and your family.

Meanwhile, it's time to get out of Jordy's house!! Too many "close" calls!!
-ej

Anonymous said...

So sorry about your sister. I hope she is doing ok, and you too.

I really think that Anna wants Jordy, even if she doesn't think so.
Sandy

PCS said...

Sorry about that. Hope you guys get better soon!

Anonymous said...

Losing a baby is hard even if it may not be the right time but truly the only thing you can say is to let your sister know you are there for her and always will be she will never truly get over it but she will have you to lean on in the process
okay now about the story what in the world is wrong with Jordy I have always liked him but these last two posts have really erked me on the one hand i agree she should not move with josh now and they need to build their relationship more first i also believe that her friendship with jordy is vital but he is going about it the wrong way to prove to her she shouldn't move just yet and that maybe josh isn't the person for her he needs to let her find that out on her own it may work it may not but if she and jordy are to be together he can't force it it has to be on it's own time and anna has to decide what she wants because only she can

keisha

Anonymous said...

I said it before and I'll say it again......Anna has feelings for Jordan!! She needs to figure that whole situation out before she moves in with Josh.......IF she moves in with Josh! What a great story this is turning out to be!

Anonymous said...

Anna,
HUGE HUGS to you. I'm sorry your sister went through that. Its so hard.

Your story is good, and I'm starting to lean back into the Jordan camp. I do like Josh, but he is really controlling and I've noticed that for awhile. Plus there is something about winding up with your best friend. :)

Anonymous said...

NO NO NO... don't let her move in with Josh. He's too controling and they have moved way to fast already. I think that she has feelings for Jordan.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry about the baby. I will pray for you guys.

MJ said...

I'm so sorry about your sister and what your family is going through. Thank you though, for still writing during a tough time...I know we all appreciate it.

As for the jordan/josh/anna issue...
personally, I think josh and anna are moving a bit fast and it seems to be catalyzed by what has been going on with jordan and anna. Also, whenever jordan does anything towards anna (like the whole kissing thing) anna's excuse is always that she's with josh now, or josh doesnt like that. Her excuse is never that she doesn't have feelings for jordan anymore or she doesn't want to. The excuses always tend to have to do with josh, which does make it seem like he somewhat controls her.

Anonymous said...

my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family
L

Annie Register said...

I don't think Josh controls Anna at all. Part of being in a relationship is considering what your partner thinks. Anna doesn't always do what Josh tells her to (the fact that she turned down his proposal for now is one example), but she does consider his feelings. There is a difference btw using your partner's opinions as commands and using them as suggestions. I def think Anna falls in the latter category. Maybe Anna should live by herself for a little while and stand on her own two feet before she makes any big decisions.

I am so sorry to hear about your sister; my husband and I are currently trying to start a family and I can't even imagine the pain!

Anonymous said...

I think Anna needs to slow things down with Josh. She needs to explore these feelings that Jordan is all of sudden showing towards her. This story is getting GOOD!

I will be thinking about you and your family, Anna. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

i kind of agree with what jordan has to say about josh controlling her. everything she does she has to run by him first and that's not what a relationship is about.

i personally think anna and jordan together would be kinda hot.

Anonymous said...

I hate Josh!!! Anna is way too blinded to see that what Jordan is saying is the truth!!

God i love this blog!!!

Anonymous said...

Anna,
I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. Whether or not you were 'excited', she's still your sister and you still feel a loss. And I know everyone else would understand as has been previously stated if you just need to take some time.

And as for the title of today's post, it's funny, but whenever I hear this song on the radio, I think of you. I don't know why, but ever since I started reading the blog, I think of it and you when it comes on!

D

Anonymous said...

Anna, I am sooo sorry for your family's loss. I can't imagine how that feels for your sister or you. My prayers are with you all.

As for the post:

I agree with mj. I don't think Josh is controlling her, but because she uses him as her excuse sooo much, it seems that way. And I think Annie has it right. Anna needs to move out on her own. Don't rush into living with Josh, and she definitely shouldn't live with Jordan anymore.

Vikki

PS. I LOVE THAT SONG TOO!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. I must be hard no matter what....

i think jordan was trying to provoke anna to see if she would fall for him which will proof that she doesn't love josh that much and shouldn't move in with him. Now about the controlling thing, I don't think josh is controlling her.. it's what you do when you like eachother and wants to spend time together...i guess..but moving in right now, not so sure if that's a good plan...

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear that news. it has to be hard for everyone. iwish you and your sister the best and you are in my prayers.

I want Anna to try to be with Jordan. Josh is great and all, but he seems a little clingy... maybe thats just me, i hate clingy guys.

Anonymous said...

anna i hope u feel better and i send my prayers out to you and ur family...

I agree with mya...anna and jordy would be so hot...Jordy and Anna have a really good relationship that has survived a lot and hes really funni and seems so sweet... Josh is cool but like many of u said he is a little too controlling..personally if i was anna i would just move out on my own so that i could clear my head and think about who i want to be with....hopefully jordy;)

Anonymous said...

I think Anna and Jordan together would be HOT I agree!! Josh is definitly too clingy

Anonymous said...

Thoughts & prayers for you & your family.

Stacey