Sunday, May 20, 2007

Left In The Dark

I tried to tell John that it wasn’t Jordan’s fault hat Nick fell in the lake but he didn’t want to hear it. “I have to go,” he said abruptly. I tried to get him to talk about what happened but he told me to mind my own business.

“But you came here!” I yelled after him. “You involved me when I asked you not to!”

There was no point; he was already in his car.

****

I was laying on the couch watching “Henry Rollins: Live at Luna Park”, when I heard the front door open.

“Anna?” Jordan called out as he walked through the kitchen. “Hey!” He sounded surprised to see me. “Did you and Josh have a fight?”

I shook my head, “No he has plans with his friends.”

“Oh,” he leaned over the back of the couch and stared down at me. “So you are mine tonight?”

Laughing, I told him I guess I was. “If you didn’t have plans already.”

He told me he didn’t, “I was just going to do exactly what you are doing right now. After I shower of course.”

“Of course,” I repeated as he disappeared down the hallway.

About 20 minutes later, Jordan jumped over the back of the couch and settled down behind me, his arm around my waist. We didn’t speak much as we watched the remaining half hour of Henry Rollin’s stand up act. “God, I love that guy!” I exclaimed when the credits started to roll.

“Yeah,” Jordan agreed but he seemed to be a little distracted by something.

I glanced over my shoulder, “Is everything ok back there?”

He started to nod but changed his mind and shook his head, “No.” He frowned, “We need to talk about something Anna.”

“Oh?” I frowned, he sounded too serious for this to be a good thing. “Did I do something wrong?” He didn’t say anything. “Jordy?” I moved around until I was face to face with him. “What did I do?”

“You didn’t do anything Anna,” Jordan’s tone seemed sarcastic. “It’s not always about you, you know.”

I moved back from him as much as I could without falling off the couch, “What is that supposed to mean?”

He groaned, “Nothing. I didn’t mean anything.”

“Then why did you say it?”

“Why do you always assume everything is about you? Why do you have to get involved? Why can’t you just keep your mouth shut for once?”

I stared at him, “What are you upset about Jordan?”

“My father came to the shop today.”

“Oh,” I looked away from him. I knew that I might have stepped over the line earlier with John but I was tired of all the bs. I was tired of John treating Jordan like crap. “I’m sorry,” I told him.

“You should be,” he snapped.

“Jordan, I can…where are you going?” I watched as he pushed himself up and slipped back over the back of the couch.

“Out,” he mumbled as he disappeared down the hallway into his room.


Shortly after he came out, he had changed into a pair of blue jeans and a white shirt. He walked past the living room without even glancing in. I heard the front door open and then I heard footsteps as they quickly came back through the kitchen.

“He’s my father Anna, not yours! You can’t make everything better, we will never be one big happy family,” he glared at me. “You will never be one of us.”

Before I could say anything, he stomped out the door, slamming it behind him.

I sat there in the dark, wondering what he meant by that.


I thought you wanted to talk!

14 comments:

Anna said...

I feel off today...sorry for the lame post...

I'll see you all tomorrow...

Hadley said...

I didn't think it was lame.

I thought it was strange how Jordon was friendly at first, and watched TV with his arm around Anna, but then blew up with no warning. But people do behave strangely sometimes, so who knows. Maybe he was going to try to let it pass and not get mad, but then found he couldn't do it...? I'll have to stay tuned. Thanks for the weekend post!!

Heather said...

Anna-

Will there be a Sunday for "Once..."?"

Anonymous said...

is jordy pms-ing? lol happy at one moment and mad at the next??? and what he said to anna was mean! that she would never be apart of his family! she was always there for him and then he said that!

Anonymous said...

I know!! I thought the same about "Once", but we are all spoiled. So far I have not come across another blogger who posts as much or with such consistant quality. The fact that you write 2 blogs makes it even more amazing. Thank you for giving me something to look forward to NEARLY every day!

Anna said...

Good Morning Everyone!

Just letting you know there WILL be a post today on both blogs...but it won't be until later this afternoon.

See you all then!

The Middle Child said...

MEN!

Anonymous said...

WHAT THE? Jordan is trippin' REALLY HARD!! Anna should have stopped him and made him chill out and listen. It's not her fault John came to see her. Can't wait to see what happens next...

Vikki

MJ said...

hmmm... i have a feeling that john didn't say what exactly happened with anna to jordan, or at least not the whole story...i guess we'll have to see what happens, can't wait! =]

Unknown said...

Hey I love the story and I check everyday. I am mostly a lurker. What is the url to the second blog? TY

Annie Register said...

brownda2:

http://onceinthislife.blogspot.com/

It's also on the front page of this blog under "My Other Blog".

:)

HTH!

Anonymous said...

Whatever! Gees, not very nice of Jordy not to at least ASK what happened. John is just being a trouble maker!

Stacey

Unknown said...

Thanks Annie! I found it just after I sent the comment.

Johnpkwk said...

With high unemployment, job security has sunk to its lowest level in decades. One needs strength and also time to do exercises. A popular but highly addictive prescription drug is building a dangerous reputation. We know that everything has its side effects and hoodia is no exception. It is an organic product and has been derived from hoodia gordonii, a south african plant and therefore it.