Friday, May 4, 2007

Information Please

Before I left work that night, Bella had asked me every question possible about Jordan. It had gotten to the point where I told her if I had to talk about him any longer; I’d start to wonder why he was just my best friend. She quickly changed the subject to Josh. “You remember him right? Mr. Wonderful?” She giggled at the look I had on my face when she mentioned him. “That’s what I want right there! The idiotic look of love.”

“You’ll have that look, I just know you will.” I told her and regretted it when she spoke again.

“Do you think Jordan would be interested in me?”

I didn’t know what to say, there was nothing in Jordan’s actions that told me if he was or wasn’t interested in her. Although, it’s not like he stuck around after she pulled me away, he came over to tell me he had to go and get Jenna back to her mom’s. So it’s possible he might be…or might not be. I shrugged, “Bella, I honestly don’t know. Jordy has so much on his mind right now, he’s getting used to being a dad. I don’t know what he’s thinking, or if he’s thinking.”

Bella nodded sadly, “He’s too hot for me anyway.”

“Bella!” I rolled my eyes, “You are very pretty, Jordan would be lucky to even get a chance with you.” I knew what I was going to have to say, so I said it. “I’ll tell you what. I’ll go see him tomorrow and see if he says anything.”

She grabbed my arm, “Really?” I nodded, “Oh Anna that would be great!!”

Bella was extremely giddy for the rest of the night, I’ve never seen her so full of energy. Right as we were walking out to go home, she begged me not to forget to talk to Jordan. “I’ll be dying to hear what he had to say, I don’t know if I’ll make it until you get here tomorrow!”

On my drive to Josh’s place I was thinking about the last time Jordan or I set the other up with a friend, it didn’t turn out that well. In fact, just going by Will and Heather, I started to think that it wouldn’t be a good idea for me to try to set Jordan up with Bella.
But you told her you’d see what he thought, you shouldn’t have done that!

I was still deep in argument with myself as I let myself into Josh’s apartment. “Hey Beautiful,” Josh’s voice came from the living room.

“Hey,” I smiled as I joined him on the couch.

He frowned, “Is everything ok?”

I nodded, “Yeah, why?”

Josh shrugged, “You didn’t call me ‘handsome’. You usually do when I call you Beautiful.”

“I’m sorry,” I gave him smile; “I’m just a little distracted.” He asked me what was up and I told him about Jordan coming to work and Bella’s reaction.

“I see,” he said.

“You see what?”

“I see that you have put yourself in a position you don’t wish to be in because you don’t want to hurt either of them if it doesn’t work out. But,” Josh kissed my cheek. “Both of them are adults and if they want to date, they’ll do it whether you set them up or not. And you never know, they might be very happy together.” When I nodded and told him he was right, he jumped up of the couch. “I knew it!” He yelled out. “I knew I wasn’t always wrong!”

I shook my head and laughed at him, “You are such a goof!” Standing up, I gave him a kiss. “I’m going to bed. Are you joining me?”

Josh slowly nodded, “I think I could do that.”

“Well,” I started to move towards the hall, “If you don’t want too…” I shot a naughty grin over my shoulder and turned the corner to go down the hall.

I didn’t even get two feet pass the corner when Josh flew around it. “You know I want too,” he told me as he scooped me up in his arms and carried me the rest of the way.

*****

The next day Josh was running late so we didn’t have time for breakfast which really sucked because I was looking forward to talking to him more about the conversation we started before we fell asleep. I had asked him what he planned on doing once he finally got full custody of Jess. “You know it’s going to happen,” I told him when he started to say that it might not happen. “No court in its right mind will let her keep him when we find out what’s going on at her house.” Of course it was late for him so he only managed to ramble off incoherently about having to make arrangements for when he was working and the weekends he had tournaments.

“I have to meet with Carol after school,” he told me on his way out. “So I won’t see you before you go to work.”

“You’ll call me and tell me how it goes though?”

“Of course I will,” he said before he kissed me and headed out of the door.

I spent most of the morning at my place cleaning. I didn’t want to do it but it had to be done. While I was there I started to realize that I spent most of my time at Josh’s. I wanted to talk to him about maybe bring some of my clothes and stuff over so I didn’t have to always carry a bag but I didn’t want to make it seem like I was pushing him.

Pushing him? I laughed, Girl the guy has already asked you to marry him and has told his mother that it will happen. I don’t think he’ll be freaked out by having your stuff at his place. I made a mental note to mention it the next time I saw him.

An hour before I had to go to work, I finally stopped pissing around and got ready to go talk to Jordan. I didn’t know why I was putting it off like I did, but for some reason I didn’t know if I wanted to set Jordan up with Bella. Even though I knew it was mean, I was hoping that Jordan wouldn’t even mention her. But he did.

I had just walked back into the shop when Jordan spotted me, he stopped what he was doing and leaned against the car he was working on, something he’s never done while we talked, unless it was very important. “Hey babe,” he said when I finally stood in front of him. “I was hoping I’d see you today.”

Damn! I thought but I gave him a smile. “Why is that Jordan?”

He laughed, “You know why!”

I shook my head and leaned in to look inside the car beside him, “Maybe you should check the oil that could be the problem.”

“Probably,” he said. “Seeing I’m doing an oil change.”

“Oh,” I said, not knowing what else to say.

“She asked about me, didn’t she? Bella? Was that what you said her name was?” I nodded, but didn’t say anything. “So she is single?” I nodded again. “And interested?” Once again I nodded. “Babe, what’s wrong? Is there something wrong with Bella? Do you not want me to ask her out?”

I shrugged, “It’s not any of my business Jordy.”

“Uh huh,” Jordan pulled a cloth out of his pocket and wiped his hands. “Why do I get the feeling that you don’t want me to date her? If there’s nothing wrong with her, then why would that be a problem?” He paused, “Anna, I won’t hurt her, if that’s what you are afraid of.” I shook my head. “Then what is it Babe?”

I sighed, “I don’t know if she’s right for you. I don’t know her that well and every time we’ve gone out with each other’s friends, it’s ended with both of us getting hurt.” I leaned against the car and stared up at him. “I don’t want you to get hurt again Jordy.”

Jordan nodded, “I know you don’t babe, but if I don’t ask her out, I’m going to wonder if I missed out on something great. I felt something when I touched her hand Anna, I wasn’t expecting it but I felt something.”

“Oh,” I nodded and then started to laugh. “Did she wake up little Jordy?”

Jordan smacked me with the cloth, “Shut up! He never sleeps!”

I screwed up my face, “Ewww! I didn’t need to know that!”

We kidded around until his boss came back and asked how much longer for his car. “I’m gong go now,” I gave him a kiss on the cheek and waltzed out the door. I was just on the other side of the door when I heard his boss ask him when we were going to stop messing around and get serious but the door closed before I could hear Jordan’s response.

I went to work when I left the garage. I was hoping that Bella was in already but she wasn’t; when I checked the schedule I saw that she wasn’t on until 5. The hour between the times I started work and she was scheduled took forever to pass. I saw her when she got on the floor but I was busy with a customer so I couldn’t go talk to her, then when I went to find her, the duty manager was over talking to her about something they wanted down on her shift.

It wasn’t until 6 when I got a chance to go over and see if she was free for a minute. “Anna!” Bella lit up when she saw me walking over; she was almost bouncing when I got to her. “Tell me, tell me, tell me!”

“Well,” I tried to keep my face void of any expression but it was difficult. “I went to see him just before work. He was doing an oil change on his boss’ car.”

“Anna!” Bella rolled her eyes. “I don’t need to know what he was doing.” She stopped and then smiled, “Unless he was bent over the car giving a great view of his rear end, then I need all the details.”

I laughed, “Bella I don’t even notice when he’s doing stuff like that anymore.”

Bella sighed, “Fine just tell me what he said please.”

“He said, ‘hey babe’ and I said hello to him.”

“Annnnna!” Bella groaned, “You are killing me here!”

“Ok,” I sighed, “I’ll tell you what he said.”

“Good! It’s about time!”

“Well, I walked in he stopped what he was doing and leaned against the car. When I stood him front of him, he -”

“ANNA?”

Bella looked at me, “What the hell was that?”

“I don’t know,” I said as I started to walk out towards the main aisle. “It almost sounded like -”

“ANNA?”

“Josh?” I started to panic,
oh no! What did that bitch want? She didn’t do anything horrible, did she?

“You mean, Mr. Wonderful?” Bella was following me as I quickly walked towards Infants.

“Josh?” I spotted him as he passed by the bath products. “Josh!” I called out and he stopped, “Stay right where you are, I’ll be right there.” I took off running,
oh god please let everything be ok!

I went to ask what was going on but the moment I got close enough he pulled me into his arms and squeezed me tight. “Thank God.” He whispered against my neck.

Oh no! I thought; please don’t let that be sadness I hear in his voice.

18 comments:

Anna said...

Good Morning Everyone!

La Shunda I'll have to think about that one a little bit more...it's hard to pick someone.

~g~ Well Mookie it's good that he's not put off by the idea. Good luck with...whatever course of action you guys take.

I hope everyone has a great day...I'll see you all tomorrow ~s~

Anonymous said...

Oh. My. God. You can't POSSIBLY keep us waiting until tomorrow.

PCS said...

no no no .... please tell me today is a double post day!!!!!

Anonymous said...

noooooo!! i need to know now!!! what's going on??!!!!!sigh.....

Anonymous said...

What a cliff-hanger! More, More, More, More! :)

BTW, this is the best blog ever! Thanks so much for your great story!

Anonymous said...

PUH LEASE double post...I can't stand the suspense:)
L

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! I need more. It sounds like something terrible happened. I felt like it was happening to me and I felt scared. Please don't keep us waiting. Double post.

Shar said...

Please please post tomorrow! I'm dying to see what happens!!

Anonymous said...

can we say cliffhanger?????

damn it, and now we wait til tomorrow.. ugh!

Great as usual!

~Tara

Anonymous said...

Tomorrow? What about us that have to wait until Monday to get back online? The suspense is going to kill me. Great post Anna! I love the way you write.

Misty

EJ said...

Capitan Cliffhanger is your new name.

Anonymous said...

Well you have done a cliffhanger on both blogs I am trying to be optimistic and say more greatness for monday

keisha

Anonymous said...

I bet Carol is going to suggest that Josh have full custody.

Anonymous said...

You are a cruel, cruel woman! Now I'm going to have to break my rule and actually check tomorrow at home for a post!

Have a good weekend,
Stacey

Anonymous said...

double cliffhangers = double posts!!! you are awesome!!
Amanda

Anonymous said...

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!


Aarghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

I am so and addict!!


GG

Anonymous said...

DOUBLE! DOUBLE! PLZ!!!

Mehreen said...

Either someone said Anna was in trouble in Josh is happy she's not, or his meeting with Carol did NOT go well...