Friday, May 11, 2007

Poison And A Room Full Of Teenage Girls

While I was in the middle of my cleaning spree, Josh called me. Actually it was lunchtime he called me. “Hey honey, I was wondering if you had a few minutes to come down to the school.” He didn’t tell me why, he just asked if I could come down right away. When I told him I was in the middle of cleaning and I didn’t look that hot, he told me that I looked hot no matter what. “I just don’t have much time Anna, I want to see you.”

I didn’t need to hear anything else after that; I told him I’d be right there. I know that I was already dropping everything to go see him but it was cleaning, and I’d so rather see Josh than clean. I did change my clothes, I had too, there was no way I was going out in the holey pants and shirt I had on. I didn’t get dressed up though; I threw on sweats so that he didn’t know I changed.

Or that was the idea but the second I walked into the school, he walked up to me with this smile on his face, “You just couldn’t help yourself, could you?” He took my hand in his and led me down the corridor pass the kids eating lunch; pass the kids playing in the gym. “Jack is supervising for me,” he told me when I asked how he could leave them unsupervised.

He led me into his office and closed the door behind us. The light was off and the blinds were closed, so there was very little light coming in from outside. “Josh, what’s going on?”

“Just stay there,” he told me as he moved away from me. I heard him bump into something and curse. When I asked him if he was ok, he told me he was fine. “Just stay there for a moment.”

I saw a flicker of light, then another flicker. Oh my god! He’s lighting candles! I wanted to move closer so badly but when I went to take a step he looked over his shoulder, “One more moment honey.” He lit the third candle and then came back to me. “I know it’s not much but,” he led me over to his desk. “I got nothing but the best from the school’s cafeteria.” Josh chuckled as he motioned to the different bags of chips, cookies and two sandwiches that were spread out across his desk. He held out a chair for me and once I was seated he pulled up a chair for himself.

He opened the two cans of Pepsi he had and held one out to me. “Now,” he picked up the two sandwiches and held them close to the candle. With a chuckle he asked, “Do you want something that looks like a BLT, or something that resembles roast beef?”

I laughed, “How about we share them both?”

“Ahh! A woman who fears not what poison she may be eating, I like it!” He opened both sandwiches and gave me half of each before he sat back and took a bite of the roast beef one. “Mmmm, tastes like cardboard!”

I laughed at him as I bit into the BLT one, “Well this tastes like bacon flavored cardboard.”

I couldn’t help but smile at him as we sat there eating our sandwiches. Josh kept the conversation going pretty much all by himself, he kept telling me stories about work, growing up as the middle child and silly things he did with his friends. It was so much fun to sit there and hear him ramble on about his life, something he didn’t do that often.

At one point, he had stopped long enough to take a sip of his drink. When he put the can back down, he didn’t start talking again; he just sat there smiling at me.

“What?” I asked him as I self consciously wiped my mouth with the napkin I had in my hand, “Is there something wrong?”

Instead of saying anything, he took the napkin from my hand and then grabbed hold of my chair and pulled me over to him. His hands were on my legs as he leaned in and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

“Josh?” I turned my head and his lips brushed against mine before he firmly placed his mouth over mine and kissed me.

It wasn’t until the bell rang, signaling that lunch was over, that we pulled back from each other. “No,” he groaned. “Time wasn’t supposed to go that fast!”

“You have a class right now?” I asked as I kissed him.

“Mmhmm,” he sighed against my mouth. “Girls, grade 11 girls.”

I chuckled, “Don’t sound so excited about that.”

Josh sighed, “They try their best to embarrass me every class. It’s like they think it is fun to see if they can make me uncomfortable by talking about…female stuff.”

“Female stuff?” I laughed, “The girls still do that? I remember doing that to the male teachers while I was in school.” I smiled at him, “It was even more fun to do it to the hot teachers. You would’ve hated me!”

“Ah ha! That’s where Cassie gets it from! You taught her everything you knew, didn’t you?”

“Cassie?” I gasped, “My little innocent niece?” I shook my head, “She wouldn’t do that.” I was kidding of course, I knew she would.

Josh went to say something but the volume of schoolgirl talking and giggling intensified. “I guess I better get out there before they destroy my gym.” He got up, went to turn on the light but I stopped him.

I held his hand as I blew out the candles. As soon as the darkness engulfed us again, I pulled him into my arms and kissed him passionately. “Have a good class,” I told him before I let go of his hand and walked towards the door.

When I stepped out of Josh’s office, the silence that fell over the gym was golden. I glanced back over my shoulder at Josh as he walked out behind me. “I’ll see you after school?” I asked as we walked together along the sidelines of the court.

Josh nodded, he had one hand on his whistle and the other hand held a clipboard. “Carol is supposed to drop Jess off by 5, so if you wanted to come over and wait with me, that would be great.”

He stopped at the center line of the court and I turned to him, “That sounds wonderful,” I went to kiss him but remembered that he had a class of twenty girls watching us. “Umm,” I briefly laid my hand against his arm.

“Yeah,” I saw his eyes drop to my lips for a split second. “I’ll make up for it after school?”

I gave him a huge smile, “That sounds great!” I turned to walk away, catching Cassie’s eye for a brief moment, she seemed a little shocked to see me.

I could feel everyone watching me as I left the gym and I didn’t care, I felt like I was walking on air because I just had a surprise romantic lunch with the hottest teacher in the world.

8 comments:

Anna said...

Good Morning Everyone!

You are all welcome for the double yesterday...I know you all love them, it's nice to suprise you with them every once in a while.

I hope you all have a great day...or weekend if you aren't going to be around for the post tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Anna, I think that I'm falling in LOVE with Josh!!

G

PCS said...

AAwwa a me too!! I'm sooo sooo jealous righ now!

Anonymous said...

I HEART JOSH TOO!!!

Very sweet post.

Vikki

Anonymous said...

LOL! That has to be the greatest post title ever!

Anonymous said...

I just love both your blogs!!

AWESOME writer you are!!
Nicole

Anonymous said...

ladies ladies.... calm down.. you all should know that .. josh is mine!!!! hihihihihi

tita said...

Anna;
I'm really sorry for my last comment, I didn't want to piss you off; I know that I shouldn't use Spanish...I won't do it again.
"TE PASASTE DE HUARACHE", is like to say "YOU WENT TOO FAR" or "YOU CROSED THE LINE" it's not offensive or gross....
Sorry.
XOXO