Sunday, May 6, 2007

Ask And You Shall Receive

My break was over before we could even talk about why they would suddenly be giving Josh more time.

Bella was walking away from my department when we got back on the floor, I called her back over. “I’d like you to meet -”

“Mr. Wonderful?” Bella asked as she sized Josh up. “My lord Anna, you did not do him justice when you described him!”

I slipped my arm around Josh’s waist and smiled up at him as he turned red. “I know,” I beamed. “There were no words to accurately describe this wonder that stands before you.”

“Anna…” Josh dipped his head, brushing his lips against my forehead. Even though he was embarrassed by what we said, he was smiling, “Thank you Beautiful,” he whispered.

“You’re welcome Handsome,” I grinned at him.

“YUCK!” We both turned to Bella who was making faces at us. “You two are way too cute for me right now.” She turned around to go back to fashion but stopped to look over her shoulder, “It was nice to me….” Her voice trailed off as her eyes focused on something just beyond Josh’s shoulder.

“Bella?” I glanced back in time to see Jordan making his way over to us. “Ohh…” I remembered that I never did finish telling her what Jordan said.

“Hey!” Jordan gave me a one armed hug; he was holding Jenna in his other arm, as he spoke to Josh. “I didn’t think I’d see you here. How are you man?”

“Excited,” Josh smiled.

“Well…ummm…”Jordan gave a nervous chuckle as he looked back and forth between Josh and me. “That’s a little too much info for me Bud.”

“Jordy!” I gasped as I realized what he was thinking. “Josh didn’t mean that way.” I glanced at Josh, “At least I don’t think he did.”

Josh chuckled uncomfortably. “No, I didn’t mean that!” He ran his hand through his hair and then proceeded to tell Jordan about his meeting with Carol.

“That’s great!” Jordan exclaimed.

“So,” Josh lifted his hand to Jenna and she grabbed hold of his little finger, pulling it to her mouth. “This is the little bear stealing baby?”

“Yes, this is ‘baby’ aka Jenna.” Jordan gave me confused look, so I explained what happened to him. “Isn’t that right Jenna? You took Mister Bear from Jess and didn’t want to give him back.”

Jenna looked around when I mentioned Jess, “’Esss?” She peeked around Josh and spotted Bella. “Hi,” she waved.

Bella gave her a little smile and shyly said ‘hello’. But I was watching Jordan’s reaction; I knew that he didn’t see her there before. Once he saw her, he seemed to stand straighter. I chuckled softly but he heard me and shot me a dirty look.

Josh, oblivious to all of this, started talking about how he felt like celebrating. “I feel like I won a jackpot tonight!” He stated.

Jordan nodded, staring down at the little girl in his arms. “I agree, I didn’t think it would ever be like this.” He looked up at Josh, “Hey why don’t we go out this week to celebrate? I think we deserve it.”

Josh hesitated, “Jordan, no offense but I don’t know you that well and it would be weird to say the least.”

“What?” Jordan shot him a puzzled look. “Why would it be weird?” He clued in moments later. “Dude! I’m not asking you out! You are so not my type. I meant me, you and Anna.”

“Oh! Well yeah that would be great.” Josh turned to ask me what day I was off this week. When I told them I was off on Thursday, they both agreed that would be a good day.

“Bella?” Jordan flashed her one of his killer smiles. “What do you say? Would you like to join us Thursday? Or are you working?”

“No!” Bella exclaimed, then her eyes went wide and her cheeks flushed bright red. I was shocked; I thought for sure she’d say yes.

“Oh,” Jordan’s smile faded. “It’s ok maybe some other time, I guess.” He glanced at me, he looked sad.

Bella groaned, “No. I’m not working. Yes I would like to go.” She gave a little laugh, and then bit her lip while she watched Jordan.

Jordan smiled at her and then asked if she would mind if he picked her up. She didn’t. He managed to get her phone number without any trouble. Once Bella left to deal with some customers that needed into the change room, Jordan told us that he had to get Jenna back to her mom’s.

“I should go too,” Josh told me. “You were coming over after work?” I nodded and he said he’d be waiting up for me.

But he wasn’t.

When I let myself into his apartment, he was passed out on the couch. I was a little upset that he was sleeping, I was wondering if I should just go home. But I didn’t, I went over to him, woke him up enough to get him into his bed and then crawled in next to him.

I slept in the next morning, so I didn’t get to see him before he went to work.

In fact, the next time I saw him was when we all went out on Thursday.

7 comments:

Anna said...

Good Morning Everyone!

Anonymous - I never did say exactly where this taking place...but I am Canadian - I live in Alberta - so there are references to some things that may not be found outside Canada.

~gasps~ Stacey you impatient cheater! ~l~

I hope everyone has a good day...I think I'm off to bed ~s~

Anonymous said...

thanks anna...i dont know why but im really happy that this story is set in Canada! lol show of the canadian pride and put a couple of "eh"s in the blog lol! im from canada too, vancouver, and im glad that such a FANTASTIC writer comes from Canada! Now if i could only find my Josh *sigh* lol
-J

Beth said...

Good post! I hope things work with Bella and Jordan. What's up with Anna always going to Josh's house and doing Josh's things. I know he has a busy life, but I'd like to see her put her foot down and make him come see her for a change...

Anonymous said...

I don't like how Josh was so quick to shoot Jordan down when he thought that Jordan was inviting him out by himself without Anna, I think that was really rude of him, he should be making an effort to get to know jordan outside of anna.

Shar said...

Great post! I hope things work out for Jordan and Bella.

Between their work schedules and Jesse, it doesn't look like Anna is going to have much couple time with Josh. Bummer!

Anonymous said...

i think Josh meant that as a joke about not going out with Jordan. Kinda like Jordan was asking Josh out type of thing. I don't think he meant any harm.

I love this story and for me, I think Jordan would be like a Jared Leto type for me. I don't know why, but that is how I've been seeing him. And Josh more so of a Jude Law type. That is the name that came to mind.

Anonymous said...

I agree with La Shunda - I think it was a "date" joke. Good stuff as always!

Stacey