Monday, May 7, 2007

Winds Of Change?

“How do I look?” Jordan asked as he came into my room without knocking. Normally I would’ve gotten mad at him for this, but I found myself not really caring. “What are you doing?” He stared at me as I lay on my bed, actually in my bed.

“I don’t know,” I shrugged, then rolled over on my side to size him up. He was looking great, probably better than I’ve seen him look in a long time. Whistling, I motioned for him to turn. “Turn around pretty boy.”

Jordan laughed, “You think I look good?” He turned to see his reflection in the mirror on the back of my door. “I don’t know,” he sighed as he played with his hair. “This just doesn’t want to stay down!”

Pushing back my sheets, I jumped out of bed to make my way over to him. “Let me,” I said. Staring at his reflection in the mirror, I ran my fingers through his short brown hair, spiking it.

“Hey!” He pulled away from me. “I don’t want it to be spiky.”

“But you look like a choir boy when it’s flat against your head.” I smiled at him, “And that outfit you are wearing doesn’t go with the choir boy image.”

He glanced down at himself, then looked into the mirror at me. “I’m just wearing jeans and a shirt! How is that bad?”

It was true, he was just wearing jeans and a shirt; black jeans that hugged his butt and legs and a dark green shirt that formed to his torso. When did he develop those muscles? I thought as my eyes traveled down over his abs. I certainly don’t remember them being there before! I moved in closer to him, my mouth rested against his shoulder as I looked over it, trying to see what else had changed. Jordan chuckled softly as I did that. “What?” I asked, my eyes jumping to his. He just smiled at me. “Bella is lucky,” I told him.

“Yes,” he nodded, “And so is Josh.” He reached behind him, wrapping his arms awkwardly around me. “Although,” he frowned, dropping his arms as he turned towards me. “I don’t think this old thing,” he tugged on my night shirt. “Is celebration clothing.”

Looking down at my Mickey night shirt, I sighed. “Yeah I don’t think so either.” I knew I should go change but I didn’t move.

“Babe?” Jordan was looking down at me with a concerned look on his face. “What’s wrong? Why aren’t you all excited to be going out?”

I shrugged, “I guess I’m not really in the mood to go out.”

He studied me for a moment, “Is it because I asked Bella to come with us?”

“No!” I scoffed, but I wasn’t so sure that wasn’t why. This is crazy, I thought.
Jordan has every right to ask her to come with us. So why do I wish that he didn’t?

“Are you sure?”

“Yes,” I smiled up at him. “I should get dressed.” I glanced at the clock. “Oh my god!” I turned away from him and ran over to my closet. “Josh is going to be here any minute! And I don’t know what to wear!” I couldn’t believe I wasted so much time laying around when I could’ve been getting ready. “I’m going to look like crap and he’s going to be mad!” I was tossing stuff over my shoulder as I rambled on.

Jordan came up behind me and pulled me over to my bed. Once he sat me down, he knelt in front of me. “Anna, Josh isn’t going to care what you are wearing. You know he’ll be excited just to see you again.”

“I know,” I admitted. “I just…” I shrugged and laughed. “I don’t know what is wrong with me!”

“You are female?” Jordan suggested and laughed when I hit him and told him to get out of my room.

Once I was left alone, I went back over to my closet, closed my eyes and pulled out one of the last hangers that sat in there. This is what you are wearing; I told myself and opened my eyes slowly. Oh thank god! I was a little worried because one of the hangers in there held an old pair of sweat pants and a holey shirt. But the hanger I pulled out held a pair of green casual pants and a grey tee.

The door bell rang as I opened my door and walked into the hallway. Jordan had already left by this time to go pick up Bella so I had to hurry to answer the door.

Standing on my door step, looking like he just stepped out of the pages of a magazine at the check out line, was Josh.

And for the first time since I met him, I wasn’t totally blown over by his rugged good looks.

What the hell is wrong with me?

16 comments:

Anna said...

Good Morning Everyone!

I hope you are all doing great...and dont' have a spider just mere inches away from you as you sit at the computer like I do...I'm afraid of them, I'm typing so ....oh f*** he's gone...~screams~

I hope you all have a great day...I'm outta here...


oh someone come and get rid of that little spider for me while I'm gone?? Please?

Anonymous said...

Uh oh. I think Anna is jealous about Bella and is having second thoughts. I hope not, because she had her chance with Jordon and she chose not too. Josh is such a good guy, I hope she doesn't ruin things with him.

Nicole

Anonymous said...

sigh... this doesn't sound good... but i think she will come around... she has to! and not make any trouble during dinner!!!!

EJ said...

eh, I think she's just got a bad case of PMS... i get that way some times too.

PS- I LOVE Tim Hortons... I always get donuts when we go see my fiance's fam in Buffalo. Florida is a little too far south to get Tim's.

Anonymous said...

Yep, I think Anna had a moment of regret when she saw how hot Jordy was looking....but Jordy did the same thing when she started seeing Josh. Hopefully it's just a normal reaction. She seemed to get it straightened out when she saw how HOT her man looked!

Stacey

Anonymous said...

See...this is exactly what Josh is worried about and he has every reason to, she spends too much time with Jordan and into his life, she needs to be living on her own, or she's going to screw up a really good thing.

G

Shar said...

Uh oh...Anna is a little jealous. Noticing how hot Jordan looked and not thinking Josh was looking hot is a BAD sign. Maybe she'll cause a scene while they're out and Josh and Bella will hook up. Talk about drama!

Anonymous said...

Oops I misread that - I thought she said she WAS totally blown over by his rugged good looks until I read Shar's comment. I see trouble now!

Stacey

PCS said...

This cant be a good sign!!I see trouble in paradise!!!

Anonymous said...

Uh Oh - not too cool Anna! She is absolutely jealous of Bella being with Jordy! And Josh is no idiot -he'll pick up on it right away.

I see trouble in Anna&Joshland!

tita said...

Te pasaste de huarache Anna;
Josh te ama y tu te encelas por Jordan y Bella?, no puede ser....que casualidad que después de haber vivido con el todo este tiempo resulta que hasta ahora se ter ocurrió ver lo bueno que está...será que siempre lo has deseado y amado y lo de Josh era nada más un capricho??
....or maybe it is that you are worried about Jess' extra time with his father??
I really don't understand you, but you have to make up your mind girl, and soon before you screw it up
XOXO

Anonymous said...

OMG! OMG! i predicted this anna is jealous that Bella is going to get jordan! i noe it ! i see trouble left right and center lol! cant wait to see what happens..i feel bad for Josh but i dunno i like jordy too so i dont know who i want to win!

Anonymous said...

Uh Oh!!! This can't be good. Anna is a little jelly!!! But I think she will snap out of it. When you feel like you're losing something, you want it more than ever.

I LOVE THIS BLOG!!!!

Vikki

Anonymous said...

Maybe she's pregnant? It might explain the mood swing.....

Anonymous said...

Oh no! She can't be thinking about Jordan in "that way" when she's out with her man! Josh is going to know something is up!

~Lizzie~

Anonymous said...

Anna,
I'm scared of spiders, too! For years I had this reaccuring nightmare that a swarm of spiders were crawling all over me while I was sleeping. I would wake up screaming because I could still see some of them on me when I woke up! I don't know how many times I woke up my parents when I had that nightmare. The funny thing is that about 4 yrs ago I actually got bit by a spider(a brown recluse), and I have not had that nightmare since!
~Lizzie~