Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Simple Request

I stood there in the cold and stared at him, there was something about the way he said that he needed to tell me something, that just made me nervous. I knew I upset him the night before, and I was afraid that maybe he was tired of me. That he wanted to end things because he couldn’t take my moods anymore.

“What did you need to talk about?” I asked, wrapping my arms around myself to fight off the cold air that was blowing through my clothes.

“Can we go inside?” He asked as my teeth chattered again.

I led him inside; he stopped in the porch and sat on the bench. I stood in the doorway of the kitchen. “Did you want to come in here where it’s warmer?” I asked, I felt that if he was in further, what he had to tell me wouldn’t be to bad.

Josh shook his head, “I can’t stay long honey.” He held out his hand to me, “Why don’t you come join me here?”

He called me honey and wants me to join him, I thought as I slipped my hand in his and sat next to him. It can’t be that bad, can it? Staring up at him, I nervously chewed on my bottom lip; I couldn’t have been more worried.

Slipping of his gloves, he lifted his left hand to my face. I closed my eyes as his fingers caressed my cheek. “Anna,” he sighed and dropped his hand onto my lap.

My lip trembled as my eyes opened again, “You aren’t breaking up with me? Are you Josh?”

His brow jumped as he gazed into my eyes, “Why would I do that?” He asked me softly.

“You said you had something to say that I wouldn’t like, I can’t think of anything else but that. I know I got mad at you last night for no reason, I know that I get upset easily but I don’t mean to. I don’t want to lose you Josh.” He looked away from me and my heart fell. “Josh? Please tell me what’s going on.”

“You are right,” he started as he stared at the floor. “I did say I needed to tell you something you didn’t like.” He glanced over his shoulder at me. “But I don’t want to break up with you.”

“You are right about something else too. You do get upset easily and you do take it out on me. I won’t lie and say that it doesn’t affect me because it does; I hate it when you do that.” I nodded; I knew it would be an issue sooner or later. “But Anna, that’s not what I hate the most.”

It took me a moment but I found my voice, “What do I do that upsets you more than that?”

“It’s not what you do, it’s the situation.” He sighed, “And it’s partly my own insecurities.”

“Insecurities? Josh what do you have to be insecure about? You are an amazing man, everyone loves you.”

He chuckled, “You know, that’s part of what I love about you.” He gave me a kiss on the cheek, “You don’t see all my faults, even when they are staring you in the face. Honey, I’m not perfect. I have things I’m unsure of.”

“Like what?”

“Honestly?” He asked and I nodded. “I’m afraid that one day you’ll wake up and see that I’m not as perfect as you seem to think I am.”

“Josh,” I scoffed. “Like that is ever going to happen!”

He took my hand in his, “Why wouldn’t it? It has happened before,” he looked down at our hands. “That’s not even what I wanted to talk about though.”

“Then what did you want to talk about?”

“I was laying awake last night, thinking about our conversation wishing that I had the guts to tell you I was coming over despite the fact that you didn’t seem to want me there.”

“Of course I -”

“I hate that you live here!” He said abruptly. “I hate that every night you aren’t with me, you are here. With Jordan.” He ran his hand through his hair. “I know you said I had nothing to worry about, that you and Jordan are just friends but I hate that he gets to spend time with you when I’m all alone in my apartment missing you like crazy.”

“Josh I -”

He slid off the bench and got to his knees in front of me, his head rested on my lap. “I want to come home to you every night or be there when you come home. I don’t want to have to call and see if it’s ok if I see you. I don’t want to have to spend nights alone because you are upset with someone else.” He looked up at me, “I miss you so much when you aren’t around.”

“I miss you too,” I told him.

“That’s why I would like for you to move in with me.”

I didn’t have time to answer, while Josh was pouring out his heart to me, Jordan walked in the front door.


"Isn't that romantic?" Jordan laughed, "You want her to move in with you so she's not here with me."

23 comments:

Anna said...

Good Afternoon Everyone!

I was honestly surprised by how many wanted something to happen between Anna and Jordan. And yes, Anna does have feelings for Jordan, it's never been denied, she just loves Josh more.

I hope everyone has a great day...

PCS said...

I hope her feelings for Jordan becomes even more platonic and that she gets some sense into her head and moves in with josh!
I guess I was one of the few who didnt like anna and jordan toghether!!

SILKY SMooTH said...

omg, man, can't wait to see what happens!! i hope anna does move in. josh has his heart on his sleeve, and anna should see how amazing it is for josh to be so vulnerable with her.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you pcs, I didn't like Anna & Jordan together either. I was wondering how long this living arrangement would work with her and Josh getting more serious. I know, I know her & Jordan are just friends, but if she put herself in Josh's shoes, she's gotta see that its a LOT to accept, even if Josh is a saint.

I hope she moves in with Josh! I love your writing, it's fabulous!!

MonkeySpeak said...

I understand that Jordan doesn't want to lose his best friend but it's selfish of him to look at it the way he just did! Josh want's to further his relationship with Anna! And he is right, as we can all see her living with Jordan is putting bricks in the way! There is sexual tension and its not really healthy!! Plus Jordan needs to see where it can go with belle. Yea Anna is scared of the same things Jordan is scared of with his relationships but they gotta give each other space to live their own lives. If they say they are like family they aren't going to disappear just because they have their own lives!

Anonymous said...

I want her and Jordan finally get together. Sure Josh sounds great, but her Anna and Jordan have such a history that I think it would be great for them to explore time together.. and who said that she can't have her cake and eat it too. josh doesn't have to know everything!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG I am so excited that Josh wants her to move in and if she's smart she will because Jordan is moving on with someone else and Josh is SO right for Anna and they need to be together...man you are going to have to do an early post or double post or something and let us know whats going on....I can't wait like this everyday...you need to write a book!

diana said...

I completely agree with Jordan. I am not doubting that Josh loves Anna, but if she were living on her own and not with Jordan, would Josh be in such a rush to have her move in? I don't think so. I do agree that it takes alot for Josh to accept the situation, but I don't think that having her move in just so she's not with Jordan is the best idea. Also, I love Josh, but it's like Jordan is the one that is supposed to be with Anna, they just have bad timing. I think that she'll regret no giving Jordan a chance because when her and Josh break up, she'll realize that she really loves Jordan, and then Jordan will be in a serious relationship with Belle.

Shar said...

I don't like Jordan...there's just something about him that's shady and I don't like the fact that Anna has a crush on him. I really want her to move in with Josh, but I think he's asking her for all the wrong reasons.

I can't wait to read what happens next!

Anonymous said...

Jordan is such a butt, he's still drunk and he's going to regret things if he doesn't keep his mouth quiet (being nice). I like Jordan but not with Anna, she has said a couple of times that she doesn't see Jordan him that way, it's not the same love that she has for Josh. I love Anna and Josh together.

These cliffhangers just kill me. Can't wait till tomorrow.

GG

Anonymous said...

I like Jordan less and less. I think it is too fast to move in but it something that they should work towards!
L

Anonymous said...

I think Josh is moving too fast. I don't think they should move in together yet. I kind of like Anna and Jordan. I like Josh as well but I don't know there is just something about him that kind of irks me...maybe it's just me though b/c everyone else seems to love him :-)

Anonymous said...

I REALLY WANT ANNA AND JORDAN TO GIVE IT A TRY. JOSH IS MOVING WAY TO FAST AND HAS SO MUCH BAGGAGE.

Anonymous said...

Honestly, I feel like Josh wants Anna to move in for all the WRONG reasons.. yeah he misses her at night and wants to be with her but they haven't been dating that long! Let her breathe AND he only wants her to move in so she won't be home with Jordan. Gimmie a break. She said nothing was going on with Jordan and Josh should respect that and trust her but obliviously he doesn't trust her, which is an even BIGGER reason why Anna shouldn't move in.

Anonymous said...

even if josh is moving too fast and doing it for the wrong reason... jordan should butt out!!
this is something between anna and josh!

Anonymous said...

I don't like that every time Josh wants to talk to her about something she automatically thinks he wants to break up. Grow up and have some faith in your relationship already!! As for Jordan, well I don't know how interesting the story will be if she moves in with Josh and they get custody of Jesse and live happily ever after. I mean, don't we all read this for some substance and a juicy story line after all???

Anonymous said...

i agree with shar. all the waaayyy.

Anonymous said...

I'm with pcs once again. Ana and Josh is a better pairing than Anna and Jordan. They are better as friends. And Mya, I agree that Jordan needs to chill and butt out. He goes off on Anna for butting in with his family, yet he is all over her relationship with Josh. Hipocracy at it's best. I'm on the fence about Anna moving in. I feel it may be too soon and for the wrong reasons, but then again, they've pretty much promised themselves to eachother forever, so that would be the next step.

WOW, I can't wait to see what happens next. GREAT POST ANNA!!

Vikki

Anonymous said...

on the edge of my seat here..lol ...cant wait for the next post..i dont noe who i like anymore josh or jordan for anna! im confused lol ...but what jordy said at the end was a little cocky like anna has no self-will to stop jordy's sexual advances on her own..

Mehreen said...

I like Josh, but I do like Jordan more and I just feel like there's more stability with him given the extent of their relationship and I guess Josh's age bothers me a little and I find him very controlling. That said, I understand him wanting to live with Anna, I love coming home to my bf and hate being w/o him, but I think it's a little selfish of Josh to ask Anna to leave Jordan. He should know he's always welcome and his apartment frankly doesn't sound big enough, especially with Jesse!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Mehreen!! Anna and Jordan make a good story line. We need the drama of perhaps Anna and Jordan falling for each other behind their bf and gf's backs. That is why we read this... if Anna moves in with Josh where does that leave the story line. Josh won't have anything to be jealous of...

Anonymous said...

Okay I do want anna with Josh I don't want her to lose the relationship/friendship she has with jordan I believe she really needs that but I don't think she is ready to live with Josh just yet I believe that they need that time apart esp with Jesse being at josh's every weekend I personally don't think they should live together until they are seriouly ready for marriage because it may hurt his custody battle but anna needs to be more open with josh she wanted him last night and she should have told him that instead of just blowing him off she has to understand how he feels sometimes too and it was wrong of her to take her anger out on him last night Also him wanting her to move in because he doesn't want her with jordan is not a good enough reason it has to be about them not jordan they will know when the time is right and that is not now

keisha

Anonymous said...

I don't think Anna and Josh are ready to move in together, but I think Anna should seriously consider moving out of Jordans house. With the way she felt when he was coming on to her while drunk, she was excited and probably wouldn't have stopped him if he tried to go a little further. She needs her space to figure out what she wants. Jordan or Josh.