Monday, May 21, 2007

So Not My Night

I was just getting in bed when Josh called me after he got home from his night with the guys. I tried to seem interested in what they did but I was very distracted by the way Jordan stormed out; I had tried to call him since he left but he wasn’t answering his phone.

“Anna!” Josh said my name impatiently. I asked him what he wanted and he scoffed, “What did I want?” He sounded so upset that all I could think of was join the club. “I asked if you wanted me to come over tonight.”

I shrugged, I knew he couldn’t see it but I still did it. “You could if you want,” I replied.

There was nothing but dead silence for a couple minutes before he spoke. His words sounded so forced, I wondered if he was saying them through clenched teeth. “Do you want me to come over?”

“Sure,” I said, shrugging once again. “You can if you want.”

I swear I heard him curse me under his breath, “What’s wrong?”

Rolling over onto my stomach, I sighed. “Jordan is mad at me. He stormed out of here a few hours ago and I haven’t been able to get him to answer his phone since.”

“I…what happened?” He asked me.

Josh didn’t say a word the whole time I told him about Jordan’s dad visiting nor did he speak when I told him about Jordan coming home and what happened after that. “I won’t say I don’t know why he’s upset, I tend to say stuff I shouldn’t but why would he tell me he wanted to talk but then storm off? Why would he tell me that I would never be part of his family?”

I brushed my hair out of my eyes, “Josh I’ve been hanging around Jordan so long, they treat me like family. After my parents died, they took me on family vacations with them. Anytime they went camping, they took me with them. Hell, his grandparents, aunts and uncles all give me presents for my birthday and Christmas still.” I was hurt he would say that, it probably hurt worst than if he were to jab me with a knife in the heart. “I love them all like they are my family. To hear him say that…” I shook my head and lowered my forehead to my pillow. “I just wish he would answer his stupid phone!”

“Maybe he just needs some time to himself Anna.” I knew he was trying to be helpful but that wasn’t what I wanted to hear.

I started to repeat myself, I knew I was repeating myself but I shouldn’t help it. “It just really bugs me, he never spoke to me like that before, why would he do that?”

“I don’t know Anna. I have no idea what Jordan is thinking or why he said what he did. I’m sorry what he said hurt you but what do you want me to do about it?”

“I don’t want you to do anything,” I sat up in my bed. “You asked me what was wrong and I’m telling you. Why ask if you didn’t care Josh?” In the back of my mind there was this little voice that was telling me that I shouldn’t take this out on Josh but I couldn’t stop myself, there was just something in the way he spoke to me that didn’t sit right with me. “Forget about it,” I snapped before he said anything in response. “I’m going to bed. Good night.”

I guess I had hoped that he would stop me, that he would make me talk to him. I guess I was hoping he would tell me I was being childish and tell me to grow up. But he didn’t. “Yeah, good night,” he mumbled and hung up.

I sat there staring at the phone, he hung up. I can’t believe…I put the phone to my ear and listened to the dial tone, he really hung up.

It was almost 2 in the morning when I woke with a start; I heard some crashing and banging around in the kitchen. I was frozen in my bed, scared as I listened for some sign that it was Jordan. I hoped it was Jordan.

The crashing and banging continued, I wasn’t sure what he was doing but I knew it wouldn’t be pretty in the morning.

CRASH. BANG. He had knocked something over. “Son of a bitch! Who the hell put that there! Damn stupid…crap! ” Jordan yelled, his words sounded a little off; he sounded drunk. And I couldn’t help but laugh, silently, to myself.

But the laughter stopped when I heard him stomping down the hallway, “ANNA! GET UP!” He was pounding on the walls as he made his way to my room and when he got to my door, he flung it open; “RISE AND SHINE SUNSHINE!”

12 comments:

Anna said...

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Thank you all for being patient with me...I hope you like today's entry ~s~

I hope everyone is having a great day...I'll see you all tomorrow ~s~

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I hope Jordon doesn't do anything bad! That would scare me. Also, I hope that Josh and Anna can makeup after their fight. Great post!

Anonymous said...

Scary! I hope Anna is ok and that Jordan doesn't do anything he will regret later!

Anonymous said...

omg jordy what the hell happened to you?!?! plz dont do anything stupid!...and josh and anna plz kiss and make up!

Anonymous said...

JORDAN IS REALLY TRIPPIN!!!!
I really hope he doesn't do something crazy. Hopefully this is just his drunken attempt at making up with Anna.

I REALLY CAN"T WAIT TO READ TOMORROW'S POST!!!

Vikki

Anonymous said...

I heard his "Rise And Shine" like Jack Nicholson in "The Shinning". I know everything will be ok with Jordy. I think they will have it out and all will be well. As for Josh, for a new romance they sure have a lot arguments!

Stacey

Anonymous said...

good post don't think jordy is a harmful drunk at least i hope not and josh and anna do have a lot of arugements but they always come to some kinda understanding hope they can do it again

keisha

The Middle Child said...

Uh oh! Sounds like you are in for something or another!!!..

And you're right, taking things out on Josh is totally not fair to him. I'm sure he will be understanding though, it's not like he's never been crabby....

Beth said...

I think Anna has been a little too wrapped up in everything. She meddles way too much in people's business that is not her own. Jordan is exactly right to be angry with her.
Admittedly, Anna is interfering because she really does care about Jordan, but she is acting as if she has the right to do so. She really doesn't. If she were Jordan's wife, it would be a different story, but she's just a friend and should back off until asked to step in.
She shouldn't be blowing off her boyfriend either.

Anonymous said...

I hope Jordy isn't too drunk and does something he will regret in the morning. Anna needs to call Josh and makeup. She needs to realize that Josh is going to be jealous of Jordan even if there is never going to be something between them. It is no different than Anna being jealous of Josh's time with Jesse. We all need attention....some of us more than others. ;0)

Anonymous said...

Hey I hope everything is going fine since we havent heard from you in a while!! And if you are just on a short vacay... have fun!!
Amanda

Anonymous said...

Anna did you quit?