Saturday, May 12, 2007

Just Another Car In The Shop

I didn’t want to go home when I left the school, I wanted to tell someone about lunch with Josh, I wanted to share it with someone. I was in the middle of debating if I should call up Mary and see if she was busy when the ‘check oil’ light came on in my car.

Hmm, that’s strange, I thought. Didn’t Jordan just do an oil change for me before Christmas? I glanced up where he normally sticks the oil change sticker on my windshield but there wasn’t one there.

I didn’t want to go to the garage, but I knew if I didn’t he would have a cow. I know this because I’ve gotten lectured about it a few times before and one thing I don’t like is when Jordan lectures me about maintaining my car. So reluctantly I turned my car around and head for the garage.

Normally when I walk into the garage, Tony, the service manager would yell into the shop at Jordan but this morning when he saw me he gave me this sympathetic look. “I wouldn’t go back there if I were you,” he told me but held the door open for me anyway. “Although, maybe you can make him feel better,” Tony winked as the door closed behind me.

What was that-

Clang! Bang!
“Son of a – argh! Stupid friggin’ piece of crap!”

I turned around towards the noise and saw Jordan glaring at the car in front of him, he was mumbling to himself. I’m not sure what he was saying but he didn’t sound happy at all. I was just about to slowly back out the door when he saw me standing there.

“What do you want?” He snapped at me.

“Oil light…car…dash…” I knew I wasn’t making any sense but I was little shocked to see Jordan that upset.

He shook his head and looked back at the car he was working on, “Babe I don’t have time for this today.”

“Ok,” I started to leave but then turned back. “So I should just drive it like that? Or…what?” He was looking at me strange.

“Drive like what?” I explained it to him again, this time using words and sentences that he could understand. “Just check the oil and add some if it needs it. I didn’t get around to changing it. I’ll do it next week sometime.”

“Oh ok,” I looked at him, he seemed kind of lost as he read through the paperwork on the car he was working on. “Jordy what’s wrong?”

“Well the car needs a new transmission, I don’t know what the hell the guy did but he totally bashed the crap out of it.” He looked up at me, “But you weren’t asking about the car, were you?” When I shook my head, he sighed. “Joe and Calvin disappeared; I don’t know where they are. The shop is overbooked for appointments; I have management breathing down my neck because the big bosses might show up today some time or maybe tomorrow, who really know? And if that’s not enough, I’m so far behind I think I’m sleeping here tonight,” Jordan tossed the clipboard he held onto the nearby bench. “And all I can think of is that I won’t be able to see my little girl today.”

“Have you called Heather? Asked her if she could bring Jenna to see you later?”

He shook his head, “What’s the point? By the time I get caught up, Jenna will be on her way to her high school grad!”

“Can’t you ask her if you can stop by after you are done, even if it is just to see Jenna for a couple minutes while she sleeps?”

Jordan sighed, “I just wish I had time with her like Josh does with Jesse. I have tomorrow off but Heather has some kind of family thing that she’s taking Jenna to. I won’t get to see her until just before she goes to bed.”

I felt bad for him, “I’m sorry Jordy, I wish there was something I could do.”

“If you could talk Heather into letting me watch Jenna tomorrow, that would be great.” Jordan laughed, “Don’t worry about it, there’s always Sunday babe.” He kissed my cheek and then started back to the car. “I have to get back at it.”

On my way out I met Calvin, I went to say ‘hello’ but Jordan looked up at that point and the look in his eyes told me to run and run fast. I made it out of the garage before I heard Jordan blow up at Calvin.

I decided that I would go home instead of heading out to my brother’s house; I didn’t want to be late to met Josh after school. Once home, I jumped in the shower but the entire time I was in there I was thinking about Jordan and what he said.
Why don’t you go see Heather? He pretty much asked you too, even if he was kidding.

Jumping out of the shower, I quickly got dressed and dried my hair. Before too long I was standing on Heather’s welcome mat waiting for her to come to the door.

“What the hell do you want?” Was the ‘hello’ I got from her.

4 comments:

Anna said...

Good Morning Everyone!

Now ladies come on, you know Josh is only interested in me ~l~

Tita, you didn't piss me off or anything like that. I just didn't know what it said, I don't know any Spanish at all. Feel free to use whatever language you like, I'll just need a translation to understand what is being said...~s~

I hope everyone has a great weekend...

Mehreen said...

Ah, I just got back from Cancun and catching up on a week of posts is the highlight of my weekend! I'm going to go read the other blog now, but I hope Anna didn't get herself into any trouble with Heather! Maybe she can make an appeal to Hank?

Anonymous said...

annnnnnnnnaaaaa! what are you doing?? i hope you won't get yourself or jordan into trouble!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

that was a nice greeting from Heather wasn't it? lol hhaha..i dont see what Jordan saw in her! but hopefully anna can work her magic and make it all better!