Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Heart To Heart

Before I even had a chance to react, Jordan crossed my room and grabbed a hold of my blankets, pulling them off me. “Jordy!” I frantically tried to cover myself with my pillow, I wasn’t naked but I still didn’t want him to see me. Why did I think it was a good idea to wear this to bed? I asked myself as I quickly glanced down at the purple lace cami and matching panties I was wearing. I know it sounds crazy but some times I like to feel sexy for myself.

It didn’t even register to him that I wanted him to get out; he gave me this puzzled look before he grabbed my hand and tried to pull me off my bed. “Come on Anna,” He whined. “We need…I have words…” One moment he looked so serious but the next he just started to laugh. “I have a lot of words for you!”

Slowly, I slid over to the edge if my bed and still holding my pillow in front of me, I looked around for my robe. “Come on!” Jordan grabbed my hand, catching me by surprise and my pillow fell to the floor as my butt left the bed. “We can…oh,” Jordan stopped what he was saying, his eyes traveled down my nearly naked body. “Wow,” he gasped, his eyes rested on the swell of my breasts. “That’s…umm..” he coughed and chuckled nervously before his eyes jump to mine, a hint of humor in their green depths. “Hello purple!” He made a step towards me and I stepped backwards but he didn’t even stop.

“Jordy,” I wanted to tell him to stop but he kept coming at me and I was backed right up against my bed. If I moved either bit at all, I would’ve fallen over backward onto the mattress.

I watched his face; his eyes were staring straight into mine as he stood not even a foot away from me. Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw his hands start to rise, I felt panic because I knew there was no way I could explain this to Josh. But yet, I felt slightly excited at the thought that I was alone in my room with Jordan wearing very sexy lingerie. What the hell is wrong with you? I broke the stare; I looked away from him and closed my eyes. This can’t be happening, I thought over and over again. But it was.

I jumped when I felt something against my skin; soft and gentle, lovingly stroking my flesh. “Jordan?” I opened my eyes, he had his eyes closed, his face was mere inches away from mine, I could feel his warm breath on my cheek and I could smell the alcohol. “You are drunk Jordy,” I whispered.

“I know,” his lips grazed my cheek and his arms came around me. “I think you should wear this,” he moved back enough to pull the blankets from my bed around my shivering body. “You are too much of a temptation and I’m already horny as hell.”

Tugging the blankets tight, I just nodded. I didn’t even think about what would’ve happened if he tried to kiss me at that moment, I knew I wouldn’t like the answer.

Jordan cleared his throat but his voice was still husky when he spoke. “I’ll meet you in the living room,” he turned on his heel and made his way to his room.

Once he was gone I ran to my closet and pulled out a pair of sweats to throw on. Before I went to leave my room, I grabbed my blankets and rewrapped myself up in them. I was honestly afraid that night we would cross that line. And I didn’t want to cross that line; I didn’t want to hurt Josh.

Maybe fifteen minutes had passed since Jordan busted into my room and I plopped my butt on the couch. But it didn’t seem like that long at all, when I heard his room door opened, I tensed a little. When he finally appeared in the living room I relaxed. See? I asked myself, it’s just Jordy. The same guy you’ve known all your life, he wouldn’t do anything to hurt you.

Jordan went to sit down next to me but stopped before his butt hit the couch, “I think I’ll sit over here.” He walked around the table and sat in the arm chair. He was quiet, he wasn’t looking at me in fact he was looking every where but in the direction of the couch. It wasn’t until I shifted and the blanket slipped from around my shoulders that he said anything. “Oh thank god!” He exclaimed and sunk back into the chair, “I thought you were still wearing that…” he shook his head. “Doesn’t matter, let’s talk about something different!”

Yes! Please! I waited but he didn’t say anything. I lifted a brow in his direction but he still didn’t say anything. So I did. “Where did you go tonight?”

“I drove around for a while,” he told me. “I went to see if Nick was busy but Amy wasn’t feeling good so I didn’t stay long.” He chuckled softly, “I went to see Bella. But the store just closed so I sat in the parking lot like some crazed stalker until she came out.” Jordan went on to tell me that they went back to her place, where he waited over an hour for her to shower and get ready to go out. “We went to the pub were we talked, danced and made out for most of the night. I had a little to drink so Bella drove me back here.”

When he was finished he was frowning, “What’s wrong?”

“I wanted to go home with her but she wouldn’t let me.”

“Oh,” I wanted to say more but I had decided that it was none of my business.

“What?” Jordan got out of the chair and made his way over to the other end of the couch. “Do you think I came on too strong with her? I didn’t mean we had to have sex, I just didn’t want the night to end.” He picked up the bottom of the blankets and covered himself up. “I think I’m really falling for her, I can’t stop think about her.”

“That’s great Jordy,” I smiled at him. “I’m really happy for you.”

“But?” Jordan played with a button on the back of the couch.

“But what?”

“Just sounded like you wanted to say something else about Bella and me, that’s all.”

I shook my head, “No Jordan I wasn’t going to say anything else. I like Bella; she is a friend of mine. I’m happy that you are finally excited about a woman again.”

Jordan lowered his head but I could see the smile on his face, “She’s very pretty Anna,” he looked up at me. “She makes me laugh and really listens to me when I speak. I didn’t think women actually listened!”

I kicked him, “HEY!” We laughed together, which was really great. That moment seemed to be the moment that we both knew our friendship was ok. So I knew I could approach the subject we had been avoiding, “You were really mad at me earlier.” He nodded, “What did your father say to you Jordan?”

Jordan shrugged, “The usual crap Anna, that man never changes.”

“Then why were you mad at me?”

“You can say what ever you like about my father Anna, I don’t really care. I never once stopped you from telling him exactly how you feel or how I feel about him. I know I shouldn’t but I’m happy that you stand up for me like you do. I love that you have my back all the time and that you butt in where you probably shouldn’t.” He took a deep breath, “But if I ever hear that you talk smack about my mother…” He got up in his knees and leaned in over me. “I love my mother, she’s the only reason I tolerate my father. You have no idea how upsetting it was hearing from my father, that you called her lazy and suggested that she get off her ass.”

I looked up into his eyes, “Jordan.” I spoke slowly because I didn’t want this to turn into an argument. “I didn’t call your mother lazy, I wouldn’t do that. I know you love her.”

Jordan closed his eyes, sighed and then fell onto the couch beside me. “Why was my father here today?”

“He didn’t tell you?”

“No, he didn’t.”

I told Jordan about John’s visit here, I tried to describe everything from the moment I opened the door until I closed it again. I told him about his father admiring his handiwork with the bench, I told him how his father wanted me to make him take Jenna to see his mother. “By the way,” I looked up at him. “I thought you told me you did bring her over there?”

Jordan shook his head, “I wanted too but when I got close enough, I just couldn’t. I didn’t want Jenna to see the hatred.”

“He says he doesn’t hate you Jordan.”

“Yeah, right!” Jordan scoffed, rolling his eyes as well.

“I think I know why he’s been so hard on you Jordy.”

He was quiet, I wasn’t sure he heard me. Slowly his whole body turned towards me, he maneuvered so that I was facing him as we lay on the couch. “What lies did he tell you?”

“I don’t think it was a lie,” I told him. “You didn’t see the look in his eyes,” I told him his dad seemed like he was reliving a horror film. I told him how we got on the topic and what John mumbled as he walked through that moment all those years ago. “I think he unintentionally pushed the blame on you.”

Jordan shook his head, “I was just a kid! I wouldn’t have tried to hurt Nick like that! He was my best friend!” He paled, “Is! Nick is my best friend! Sure he may be a pain in the ass but I wouldn’t be the same without him.”

“I know,” I smiled as I recalled the many times they got on each others nerves.

“My father is messed up!”

I didn’t say anything to that, I didn’t need to either, he already knew what I thought. ‘What are you going to do?”

“I guess I’ll take Jenna to see mom and see if Nick remembers almost drowning.”

We barely got any sleep that night, we stayed up talking until 5. I didn’t have to work until that evening so I was looking forward to sleeping all day.

But at 6:30 my cell phone rang.

“Hmmm?” I groaned into the phone.

“Hey honey, where are you?”

I rolled over and looked at the time. “Josh its 6:30, I was in dreamland with you. Come back and join me?”

“But where are you?”

I groaned, sitting up I ran my hand over my face. “I’m in my bed Josh, where else would I be?”

He ignored my question, “Then where’s your car?”

“My car?” I was about to ask him if he was smoking something cheap. “It’s parked in the driveway of my house.”

“No, it’s not. I’m standing in your driveway and it’s not here.”

“You…?” I jumped up out of bed and ran out through the house to the front door, throwing it open. And just like he said, he was standing in the middle of my driveway staring at the house as he held his cell to his ear. “You’re here!” I went to make a step outside when I realized I wasn’t wearing any socks. “And my feet are freezing!” I could hear his laughter over the phone and through the air, it was kind of creepy. “Where’s my car?!?!” I shouted to him.

Josh snapped his phone shut and jogged towards me, “I don’t know. I came this way this morning because I was hoping to see you.” He ran his gloved hand over his head, “When I didn’t see your car, I was a little upset, I couldn’t help but wonder where you went after telling me you were going to bed.”

“About that…” Josh held up his hand, one finger gently cross my lips.

“I have to tell you something, I’m not sure how you are going to take it but I need to say it.”

17 comments:

Anna said...

Good Morning Everyone!

Sorry about rambling on and on in the entry...I just didn't know where to stop! ~l~

I hope you all have a good day!

PCS said...

Obviously jordan took her car!! he said something about Bella driving him back home ...

Anonymous said...

Yep. I'm with pcs on this one.

I wonder what Josh is gonna say... Maybe something about haveing a problem with her talking to him about Jordan...We will see...

Vikki

Anonymous said...

yeah, i'd be a little more freaked out about the car at that moment, but that's me


-ej

Anonymous said...

Good post....I was actually hoping that Anna would do something with Jordy at the beginning of the post and I love Josh! That is why your writing is so great. You can actually feel the tension in your writing. I love it!!

Anonymous said...

I don't care what anyone says.......Anna has feelings for Jordan! This post clearly says that. I see lots and lots of drama down the road! I can't wait.....

Shar said...

Oh! I can't wait to see what Josh has to say...I can't wait til the next post!

Anonymous said...

AAArrrgghhh! You're cliff hangers are so good it's almost painful!

Anonymous said...

Great post! I agree, I have kinda a love/hate relationship with your cliffhangers! More love than hate though! :)

Anonymous said...

I've gotta say, I think that I'd be a lot more worried about where my car was at that moment...

Heather said...

Jordan knew she needed her oil changed -- plus he needed his car -- Probably went to get Bella to help him take care of the rest.

Cliffhanger sucked. I agree.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the EJ and anon, I'd be more worried about my car at this moment. Can't wait for tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

i agree with mookie i mean that beginning with jordy and anna was hot! and i actually kinda wanted something to happen...but i love josh and jesse too! arrggghh lol ...well we'll have to see want josh says about it i hope he understands that jordy was drunk!

Anonymous said...

LOVED LOVED LOVED LOVED LOVED LOVED LOVED LOVED LOVED LOVED LOVED LOVED LOVED LOVED LOVED and did i mention..umm..LOOOOOOVVVVEEDD the beginning of this post!!!! loved it! lol i like the idea of jordy and anna together!!!!!!! hello purple!!hehe

Anonymous said...

hihi so happy nothing happend between jordan and anna!!they are great together, but i love josh!!!!
hope josh is not going to say something upsetting!!!!

The Middle Child said...

You can't just leave me hanging like that!!!!

MonkeySpeak said...

wait im confused - by the comments it feels like everyone thinks its anna who is about to say something that josh might not like but from the way it is written I get the impression that JOSH is about to tell anna something SHE might not like..... I think in his anger he did something....