Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I Don't Want To Fight

I had planned on calling Josh when I woke up in the morning but I slept in and arrived at work ten minutes late. By the time that I got my first break, it was almost ten and he would be in the middle of class, so I told myself I would call him on my lunch break.

When lunch came, I went into the back to grab my cell and clock out. While I walked through the doors and back into the sales floor, I flipped open my cell and went to dial his cell number.

“So it’s just me that can’t get you to call back?”

“What?” My head snapped up. “Josh?” I stared at him for a second and then glanced down at my phone. “I was just going to call you,” I told him and turned my phone around so he could see his number on my screen.

He barely glanced at the screen, he didn’t look too happy standing there with his arms folded over his chest. “Because calling me when you got home was too much of a hassle?”

My eyes narrowed, I went to ask him what he was talking about but changed my mind. “No because it was almost one when I got the message from Cassie and you would’ve been sleeping.”

“I wasn’t, I was waiting for you to call.”

“How was I…” I trailed off, shaking my head. “Was there anything wrong?”

“No,” he snapped at me and then told me to forget about it as he turned to leave.

“Josh!” I grabbed his arm, stopping him. “What’s going on with you? I didn’t call when I got home because I didn’t think you would be awake and I slept in this morning so I didn’t have time to call you before I started work. But what does it matter?” I tried to read his expression as I spoke but he just seemed to be so upset with me.

“What does it matter?” He repeated as he stared down at me. “Oh I don’t know, maybe I was worried about you when you didn’t get home when you said you would and you weren’t answering your cell!”

“Why are you checking up on me?”

“What?” He frowned. “I’m not checking up on you!”

“No?” I crossed my arms over my chest, shaking my head. “How many times did you call Zack’s? How many times did you call my cell? Why are you here right now?”

“I’m not checking up on you!” He snapped for the second time in ten minutes.

“Of course you aren’t!” I dropped my arms. ‘What was I thinking? It’s completely normal for someone who wants to just be friends to act like a jealous lover!”

When Josh started to turn red and stumble over his words, I sighed. “You think this is easy for me Anna?” His tone had changed, he didn’t sound so angry any more.

“No Josh I don’t think it’s easy for you,” I paused and then told him this was what he wanted. “You can’t have it both ways Josh, you can’t get there and treat me like a friend only to act like my boyfriend; it’s confusing.”

“I just wanted to know that you got home safely Anna, I just can’t turn off my feelings for you.”

“I know,” I took a deep breath and gazed up at him. “But if you want to just be friends you have to take a step back and give me some room.”

“How much room do you need?” I didn’t answer him. “Anna?” He came closer to me, “How much space?”

I gazed up into his eyes and I couldn’t help myself, he was so close to me. Lifting my hands to his chest, I stood on the tip of my toes to press a kiss against his lips. “There will never be enough space between us for me to be ok with just being your friend.”

“Anna,” my name was a mere whisper on his lips as his hands closed around my waist, holding me against his body. “I love you,” he told me, his mouth capturing mine for one of his mind blowing, knee melting kisses.

At first I was thrilled that he was kissing me. He loves me! I thought and then remembered that he never denied loving me, he just doesn’t feel that he can trust you. With all the strength I had, I pressed my hands against his chest and pushed him away from me. “No Josh,” I stared up at his surprised look and I wanted to say ‘screw it’ and go back to kissing him but I couldn’t; I wanted his trust more than anything else in the world at that moment.

“What’s wrong?” His eyes scanned my face for some clue to what I was thinking. “I thought you were enjoying our kiss as much as I was.”

“I was,” I told him, I wasn’t about to deny that. “But Josh I want more, I want you to be able to trust me like you used too.” Josh glanced down at the floor for a second and then back at me, he didn’t have to say anything, I could see what he was thinking. “I don’t think that you are there yet and as much as it kills me, I don’t think that we should kiss or anything else until you are.” I mumbled something about having to get something to eat before I turned from him.

“Anna,” Josh grabbed my arm but I didn’t turn back to him. We stood there like that for a while, Josh with his hand on my arm, looking down at me and me trying hard not to look back at him. “I’m working on it,” he leaned down, kissed my cheek and then he released me. “I’ll see you on Thursday.”

21 comments:

Anna said...

Good Afternoon Everyone!

I couldn't get this post to sound right at all...so I scrapped it and started all over again!

Hope that your day has been great and I'll see you all tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Well it was a great post and we appreciate your hard work girl!
L

tita said...

I love Josh sooooooooooo much, and your work as a writer is always perfect!!! keep going like this please.

XOXO

Hadley said...

Great post!

Anonymous said...

Hey I love your story no matter what.

GG

Anonymous said...

Wow, Josh needs to chill out. Anas totally right about this--he can't have his cake and eat it too, especially since he's the one who's calling the shots. Men. Pfft.

Anonymous said...

I think that Josh really needs to get a grip on his feelings. Honestly, I think that he does still trust her, but, quite possibly, wants to be difficult. Anna is right..he can't say he wants to be a friend but act like a jealous boyfriend/lover.

Anonymous said...

yeah i agree with kiki on this one...frds dont go completely overboard if you dont call them back...and he did...but i dunno im so confused i kinda want wade in the picture..as weird as it may sound lol...but i also want her to get back with josh grrr...i dunno...

Anonymous said...

Hey - I love this blog, but this storyline with Josh is getting so repetitive. It's the same thing every time they see each other... I just had to skim the second half of this one because I feel like I've already read that same situation and discussion between them 3 times!

Anyways, I cant wait to check back in tomorrow!

Sal said...

Hi!

I am an avid reader but this is the first time I have commented I think, hehehe, I will from now on.

Great post. Eventhough I know it was hard for Anna to do but breaking away from that kiss was the right thing to do. Can;t wait for the next post!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Anna. She had to put her feelings in check cause he wants to be "friends" first and now he has to do the same. I am sure he was worried about her getting home but he went over board about it. Great post. Love both blogs.

Chris

Anonymous said...

Anon @ 6:52 - I agree. These posts with Josh and Anna are the same thing over and over. They either need to get together and get past the "trust" issue or break up for good and move the story line in a different direction.

The Middle Child said...

Awww, he was worried about her, how sweet.
But she is right, if he wants to be just friend he can't be expecting her to have to check in with him all the time.

Anonymous said...

To those who post anonymously---I suggest you find a blog that you feel is perfect. This is what happens in life---it takes time for us humans to work through things. We who read this blog on a daily basis know EXACTLY what's going on (and sometimes even WHY!), and appreciate this blog for what it is----ENTERTAINMENT!

Anonymous said...

Poor Josh! It's probably really hard for him to trust Anna 1)b/c of his previous experiences w/his ex-wife and 2)his child is involved.

I hate that he's so conflicted, but at some point he's gonna either have to make a clean break or take the plunge again. I agree that all his waffling is confusing for Anna, so I'm glad she's sticking up for herself.

And speaking of Josh's ex----I'm extremely interested to find out what's going on there. At this point, she's working with the police to nail her evil husband (I forget his name), Josh doesn't know about it...and Anna does. I cannot WAIT to find out how that story is gonna play out!

Lynn said...

Josh is a rock head! (which I can appreciate, since I have those tendencies!) I like him. Good for Anna, that had to be so hard to pull back from the kiss when that is what she wants. I think Anna has matured a bunch in the last month or so. Good for her!

Vikki said...

I'm still team Josh and everything, but what is with guys wanting it both ways. It's infuriating!! Anyway, Great Post Anna!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Catrina and what she said to anonymous posters. Life is repetitive. At least mine...husband, kids, housework, my job, etc, etc, etc... And conversations with others are often repeated over and over regardless of how it is said or how many times. No one has a perfect life without things being repeated. Relationships do have a tendency to play out like the one in View From This Chair.

Anonymous said...

I can understand how they are both feeling though. It's hard to be in a relationship with someone for so long and then just have to pretend to be friends. You still really care about that person and you're mind is still use to treating them as your signifigant other.

On the other hand Anna is really sorry for what she did and wants him to be able to trust her without all of the conflicting messages.

Very nice post as ALWAYS!

Anonymous said...

Josh needs to grow up! He's acting like a teenager and he's how old...
Love the post!

Anonymous said...

It's me - TEAM NEW GUY! I agree with everyone! It's infuriating the back & forth w/Josh, but it's real life and I love this blog! I'm also curious to find out what's up with Carol - hint, hint!

Stacey