Thursday, July 5, 2007

Kill Joy

I didn’t know if I should laugh or not when Jordan said that, not because what he said was funny but because the look of panic on his face when he finally realized that he does care for Bella more than he thought he did.

“I think I’m going to be sick,” Jordan put his hand on his stomach and groaned.

“Jordan!” I slapped his arm. “That’s not a very nice thing to say.”

“No Anna, I mean I’m really nervous, my stomach is full of butterflies.”

I laughed this time, I couldn’t help it. “Meeting Bella’s brother gives you butterflies?”

Jordan glared at me, “You know what I meant! Quick,” he grabbed my arm. “Tell me something to get my mind of this.”

I couldn’t think of anything to tell him so I asked him about Jenna. “Are you still letting me take her to Jesse’s party on Saturday?”

He told me he was and then he asked me how things were going with Josh. “Are you two back together?”

“No, he still needs time to deal with what happened,” I sighed. “Maybe I shouldn’t have told him everything.” Shrugging I said it was too late to worry about that now. “So how did Bella get over it so quickly? What did you do? What did you say?”

Jordan told me that Bella wasn’t ok with it at first. “She didn’t want to talk to me or see me; she was so mad,” he gave me a half hearted smile. “Much like Josh was I would assume.”

“Yeah but how did you get back on her good side? Why did she decide to give you another chance?”

He shrugged, “I’m not really sure what changed her mind Anna. I gave her some time and then I called her up and asked if we could talk, she didn’t want to talk. But I didn’t give up, I came to see her here and she told me to get lost. I went to her place and she slammed the door in my face. I was about to give up hope when she called me, the day that we ran into you at Humpty’s.”

“Sorry about Cassie’s behavior that day, she was really upset with me.”

“It’s ok, it almost wasn’t though, Bella was upset that Cassie interrupted us and that we ran into you. Some thing happened then though, she won’t tell me what but after you left, she started talking about what went on between us and she said that she wanted to try again.”

I asked him what exactly she said, I wanted to know if there was some way it would help me clear up the mess between Josh and me; I wanted to be with him again and this wait and see deal was killing me.

“She said that we had just started to see each other and neither one of us had made any indication that we would be exclusive, so she couldn’t really get too mad about what happened.” Jordan smiled, “The next sentence she spoke was something like this though, ‘I’m telling you right now Jordan, if you so much as look at another chick while we are seeing each other, I’ll…’” He laughed, “She couldn’t think of something she would do to me but she promised I wouldn’t like it.”

“Oh,” I sighed, I couldn’t use that with Josh at all; there was ever indication from both of us that we were exclusive.

“I just told you that my girlfriend threatened to harm me and all you have to say is ‘oh’?” Jordan looked a little upset. “I can’t even…oh no!” He covered his eyes, “I shouldn’t even be looking at you right now!”

I laughed as he turned from side to side asking where I was. “You fool,” I shook my head and returned to stocking baby food. “Thank God Bella is brave enough to date you, she is saving the rest of the female population from you!”

A couple customers came through the department and needed some help, so Jordan wandered off. A few minutes later, the customers were on their way with the crib set they wanted and I was about to return to the baby food when I spotted Bella coming down the aisle.

“Hey Anna?” Jordan called from a few aisles away; he was in the baby wipes section. “Is Jenna too young to potty train?” He came around the corner with the Winnie the Pooh Potty in his hand, when he got closer to me he pushed the handle to ‘flush’ the potty and it made the sound effects. “This is so cool!” He grinned, “Even if she’s too young I’ll get it so…”

His grin disappeared and the look of panic was back as he looked up and saw Bella and her brother standing just behind me. “Ahh,” he turned red and tried to shove the potty at me. “Hey!”

Bella, who was trying to hide her smile, moved past me to stand in front of Jordan. “Hey baby did you miss me?” She placed her hands on his chest as she stood on tippy toes to give him a kiss on the lips.

While Jordan seemed to battle back and forth about whether or not he should kiss Bella while her brother looked on, I turned my attention to her brother. “Hello,” I reached out my hand to him. “I’m Anna; it’s so nice to meet you.”

Bella’s brother, who reminded me of Brendan Fraser in ‘George of the Jungle’, stared at my hand for a while before taking it in his.

“I’m Wade,” he smiled at me. “It’s so nice to finally meet the woman who backstabbed my little sister.”

14 comments:

Anna said...

Good Morning to all my favorite people in blogland! I hope everyone is doing great and having a good day.

The second entry will come later today...sometime...~g~

I think I'm going to go and kidnap my sisters and my nieces and nephews for some screaming good times! ~L~

See everyone later...~g~

Anonymous said...

Oh wow...as if this story wasn't interesting enough already, its about get even more interesting!! OMG...I can't wait. I wonder what Bella said to her brother.

I'm still so Team Jordan!! They would be so cute together.

I can't wait for the next post today.

Lynn said...

Wow, Wade sure has a way of making an impression when meeting a new person. That is one trait I wish I had...speaking my mind!

Anonymous said...

Wade seems kind of HARSH!!! This could get interesting. I see another somebody who doesn't like Jordan and Anna's relationship. Bella!
M

Anonymous said...

Great post...I have been checking back all day to catch up on my reading...I was checking out some of my other blog favorites and this one is the only one that seems to post...Anyone have any recomendations for great reads? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Anonymous said...

I'd say that it was harsh. I understand being protective over your little sister, but she is also a grown woman and she obviously made the decision to get back with Jordan, she has accepted the friendship so her brother should just mind his own business.BESIDES that fact that Jordan is the one who kissed Anna, not the other way around. I can see trouble brewing for Jordan now though, brother is not going to be too impressed with him.

I don't like Wade already, he seems arrogant.

Vikki said...

OUCH!! That was a little rough. Wade is very upfront, but we don't know what Bella told him, so I'm not gonna judge him yet. This should be VERY interesting though.
I can't wait for the next post!

YAY DOUBLE!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

OH MY trouble is in the way lol I have the feeling Wade after meeting Anna is gonna like her even though he was an ass just now... hmm I'll just wait and see!!

Anonymous said...

I have a younger brother and if his girlfriend cheated on him in any way I would act exactly the same way towards those two people

Anonymous said...

Ouch! dayam!

I'm hoping he was joking but still that's bad.

Looking forward to double post!

Anonymous said...

Wow. Wade sounds hot! Hey he might hate Anna but he'll end up LOVING her..she's so likeable and from what i gather, pretty. Awesome Intro to Wade!!

Anonymous said...

i think u guys are neglecting something...technically he hasnt really met jordan just anna and that very moment lol...i wonder what he has to say to jordy! run jordy run! lol...he doesnt seem like a very happy camper right now lol..ouch that was upfront ...i just hope jordy can survive wade's stay!

Anonymous said...

Nice! However, it did say he "Smiled" and then said it. More drama!

Stacey

Anonymous said...

I wonder if Bella had Jordan hang out with Anna until she & Wade got there so she could get her brother's take on how "Jordy & Anna" act together... if so, that is just wrong!