Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Caught In The Twilight Zone

“Hey babe it’s me, give me a call when you get this message ok?”

That was the message waiting on my cell when I got off work that day. I really didn’t want to call Jordan back; I just wanted to go home and crawl into bed. But it turned out I didn’t have to call him back, he called me not even ten minutes after I clocked out, I was still in the store because I had some shopping to do.

“Hey!” Jordan seemed surprised when I answered my phone. He asked me how I was, I told him I was ok and asked him what was up. “Well,” he said slowly, drawing out the word much more than he really needed too. “I was wondering if you would like to have supper with me tomorrow night.”

“Don’t you have Jenna tomorrow?” I wasn’t sure if I wanted to hang out with Jordan just yet, there was some thing about what Logan told me while I was there that didn’t sit too well with me and I knew that was stupid.

“Yeah, I do but I figured that you wouldn’t mind if she was there with us.” He paused, “Was I wrong?”

“No,” I told him. “I just…” I sighed and then asked him what time. We made plans to meet at Moxie’s around seven the following night. “Was there any special reason you wanted me to go to dinner with you?”

“No,” he said quickly. “I just haven’t really hung out with you lately; I thought this would be a good way to catch up.”

“Ok.” As we said bye I remembered that Mike had asked me to drop some thing off to Nick for him, so as soon as I hung up with Jordan, I called Nick.

“Sorry Anna,” Amy said with a yawn. “Nick is still at work; he’s working until 8 tonight. Was there something you needed him for?”

“No,” I told her that I just wanted to see how things were going. “You sound really tired Amy, is everything ok with you?”

“Yes,” she said with a little sigh. “I just haven’t been sleeping all that well these last couple nights.”

“Oh? You just can’t get comfortable?”

She started to tell me how she couldn’t get comfortable in her bed when there was a second of dead air. “Oh!” She cried out in surprise. “Nick is trying to call me, I have to go.”

“Ok, tell Nick I have to talk to him later.” I told her before she quickly said ‘bye’ and hung up the phone.

I spent another ten minutes walking around shopping when I decided to give Mary a call to see if they needed anything at home. “Oh yes,” Mary said when I asked her and there was a moment of rustling before I heard her voice come back on the line. She gave me a list of about 20 things that they needed and added, “If you don’t mind picking that up for us.” I didn’t mind, my brother was letting me stay there for free and his only requests were for me to help Mary out whenever she needed it and if I wanted stuff that they normally don’t buy, to buy it myself.

The list that Mary gave me only took me about ten more minutes to find and add to my cart. I was about to head to the check out when I remembered that I forgot to grab my water bottle from the horseshoe; if I left it there it would be in the garbage by the time I got in the next morning.

I was heading back out of Infants when I heard a familiar giggle followed by, “Mommy I have ‘Piderman?” I turned to my right and spotted Jesse sitting in a cart with Mister Bear in his arm as he reached out of the cart and grabbed onto the Spiderman t-shirts that were hanging off to his side.

“Let me see,” Carol turned around and glanced at the shirt that Jesse held. “Honey you already have that shirt, why don’t you pick some thing else out? How about…” She scanned the racks around her and pulled out a 2pc set: blue cords with a blue and white striped button up shirt. “This would look so cute on you Jesse,” she held it up to him and smiled.

“I no want that one mommy,” Jesse pouted.

“No?” Carol put the 2pc back. “Then what would you like?”

“I want…” Jesse held his finger up to his chin, tapping it as if he was thinking really hard. “This one mommy,” he reached out and grabbed the 2pc that Carol just put back.

“Oh!” Carol raised a brow. “This would look so cute on you,” she said once again. “I don’t know why I didn’t think of it,” she said with a laugh.

Jesse shrugged his shoulders and held up his hands, “I no mommy,” he shook his head and giggled. And then he saw me. “AMA!”

Carol stiffened a little as she turned in the direction Jesse was pointing and saw me standing there watching them. I thought she was going to walk away with Jess but she gave me a weary smile and said hello.

“Ama look!” He held up the 2pc that Carol had showed him earlier. “Mommy say it for Jesse birday.”

“Wow,” I stepped closer to them and smiled at him. “I bet you’ll look so handsome in that Jesse.”

“Hansome like daddy?” He inquired, when I said yes, just like his daddy, he turned to his mom. “I go daddy now?”

“No Jesse,” Carol brushed his hair back from his forehead. “Daddy is working; you’ll get to see him tomorrow.”

“Oh,” Jesse turned to me. “Ama see daddy?”

“Actually,” I leaned in closer to him. “I was talking to your daddy earlier; he told me he can’t wait to see you tomorrow.”

“Excuse me for a minute,” Carol cut in quickly and with her hand on her belly she made her way towards the bathrooms by layaway.

I didn’t think anything of it; I continued to talk to Jesse. When Carol came back out a couple minutes later she looked really pale. “What’s wrong?” I asked her.

Slowly she turned towards me, “My water broke.”

16 comments:

Anna said...

Good Morning Everyone!

So there is only today and tomorrow to get your questions in for the Q&A. You can ask me anything you wish to know about the real me...and I will tell you almost anything! ~l~

Catrina and Kiki, you both are right life is repeative and it does take time to work through issues. I don't apologize for any entry that I write, if there weren't entries where Anna and Josh did the same old conversation dance, the end result would leave people wondering how the hell that happened. This blog moves at the pace I want it to move, no slower or faster...that's just how it goes ~s~

Well I hope you are all enjoying your day!

See you all tomorrow!

Carmel Beauty said...

Anna I think the pace is perfect if it moved to fast it wouldn't seem real Great post I wonder what's going to happen next I can't believe her water broke

Anonymous said...

See.....Anna is again in the middle of something without her even trying. How does she find herself in the middle of these things, it's just crazy!! I still luv her though!!

Great job Anna!!

GG

The Middle Child said...

Fun fun... AMA is going to have to take her love interest's ex wife to the hospital and possibly watch Jess until Josh can get there to take him... ha.

Annie Register said...

Can anyone tell me if there is anything on the "Once" blog I shouldn't read while at work? I have been on vacay for the past week and don't want to open it to catch up and find something I could be in trouble for. Thanks!!

Annie Register said...

I am mainly refering to sex scenes btw...

Anonymous said...

this will certainly be interesting..maybe they will form some sort of bond...HA!..i wonder whats going to happen....

Anonymous said...

OH holy crap!! That was unexpected. Anna to the recue. So much for getting to go home and go to bed. Can't wait to hear about what happens.

Chris

Vikki said...

Anna the Super Chick!! There she goes to save the day!!

I can't wait to see what will happen next!!

Maybe we could have a double post... :^)

Anonymous said...

Annie, there's nothing here that you can't read at work. One of the good things about this blog is that we're all allowed to use our imagination. Now, if your imagination is X rated, there's just nothing we can do about that!
:-)

Anonymous said...

Sweet Drama with Carol & Jesse - Yea! I wouldn't mind a double post either :)

Stacey

Annie Register said...

Catrina where you talking about "View from this Chair" or "Once in this Life"? B/c I've caught up on this blog since it doesn't usually have any racy material in it, but it is "Once" that I am concerned about! :) I am on the computer all day for work so when I get home, I rarely feel like logging on anywhere.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...it's double
super-cliffhanger day!

Hmmm....I wonder if Carol is going to turn out not quite so evil after all.

Anonymous said...

What a cliffhanger!
The blog is perfect the way it is. It is natural when they have this conversation more then once. It is what would happen in real life.
L

Snoopy said...

I think u did the right think by walking away. Josh needs to know you are not his beck and call girl... and he has no control now that you are just friends..

Anonymous said...

Hi, Anna! I just found your blog, and have spent the past two days reading ALL DAY to catch up - and what a ride! I probably spent a lot of extra time reading the comments, which added to the fun - I feel like I know you and the regular posters a little.

You are an excellent storyteller, and I love that you're able to pull from your own experiences; as a writer wanna-be myself, I find writing about myself harder than making it all up! I love reading about Josh and Anna; their whirlwind romance reminds me so much of mine and my husband's - we were friends before we got involved, but 5 days after our first kiss, we were living together and knew we were getting married - and that was 6 1/2 years ago. We've been married for over 2 years now.

I'm also in awe of your ability and dedication to posting every day; I attempt to maintain two blogs, and sometimes go waaaaaay too long between posts.

I'm working on my own blogel, and would love some feedback; I haven't posted to it in a while because I'm totally stuck on where to take it! Any takers?

http://rulinghell.blogspot.com

and my personal blog:
http://addchick.blogspot.com

Sorry for the long post; with all the reading I've done lately, I had a lot to say!

~Crystal