Sunday, July 22, 2007

Girl Talk

“I never did understand why everyone thought Jordan was so perfect for you,” Brandy said out of the blue. It was later in the night, the kids were asleep and we were all seated in the living room watching some haunted house show. I managed to snap out of the TV daze I was in and shoot her a confused look. “I mean, I love Jordan; he’s a great guy but I don’t see why people tried to push the two of you together.”

I shrugged, “Probably because we’ve been friends forever and we got along really well?” I never really got there and thought about it any further than that.

Brandy shook her head, “But it was the same way with Nick! Why would Jordan be perfect for you and not Nick?”

“Because Nick was obsessed with Amy?” I offered.

“So if Nick wasn’t seeing someone, everyone would think that he was just a ‘perfect’ for you as Jordan?” Brandy turned to me with a smile on her face. “If you had to choose between the two of them, who would you spend a night with?”

“Brandy!” I made a face at her. “I don’t wish to spend the night with either of them!”

“Well neither do I! But I know who I would pick if we were all single and into each other!” Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Logan sitting up straighter in his chair when Brandy said that. “Come on Anna,” Brandy grabbed my hand. “Tell me! Would it be Nicky or Jordan?”

“Brandy I can’t pick between the two of them…” I trailed off then she started to giggle. “What?”

“Threesome?” She raised her brow questioningly.

“NO!” I hit her with a cushion. “That’s just gross! And besides, the guys would never go for that!”

“Maybe they would!” She laughed, “Think of how great it would be for you! They always like to compete with each other; you could have the most mind blowing sex ever!”

“You want to talk about mind blowing sex?” I shuffled closer to her. “Josh is hands down the best lover in the world. He –”

“Would you two like something to drink?” Logan asked as he jumped up from his chair, when we told him we were fine, he excused himself and left the room.

“What’s with him?” I asked Brandy.

“Don’t worry about it,” she told me as she rolled her eyes. “He’s cut off and he does not like it one bit.”

“Oh? Is everything ok with you guys?”

“Oh yeah,” she gave me a smile and then sighed. “It’s that time and I don’t feel like going down on him or lending him a hand.”

“Oh!” I don’t know why but I kind of blushed when she told me that.

“Yeah,” she laughed. “Everything is fine between us.” We were quiet for a few minutes as the screaming on the TV caught our attention, when the show broke for commercials Brandy turned to me. “You never did say who you would choose.” Logan appeared in the living room again as she continued. “I would have to choose Nick, if it were me.”

“Choose Nick for what?” He asked her as he sat down again.

“For one night,” she told him. “If I wasn’t with you and Nick was free, he would be mine.”

Logan stared at her for a moment and then nodded slowly. “Nick would be the better choice,” he agreed and then frowned. “Why are you two talking about that anyway?” He glanced at me. “You aren’t seeing Jordan, are you?”

I shook my head, “No, I’m not!”

“Good,” he said as he turned towards the TV again. “Jordan isn’t good enough for you, in my opinion.” Brandy asked him why he would say that. “I just didn’t like the attitude he had back in high school when he spoke about you.”

“What?” I turned to him. “What attitude?”

“The ‘she’ll always be around but (the name of whatever chick he was chasing at the time) wouldn’t be’ attitude that he had whenever some one asked him why he didn’t ask you out.” Logan shrugged, “He was a cocky little bastard, I’m glad you never went out with him.”

“Jordan didn’t know I liked him back then,” I told Logan and he laughed.

“Everyone knew you liked Jordan back then Anna!” I glanced at Brandy and she was nodding her head in agreement.

“Everyone knew?” I closed my eyes and fell back against the couch. “Why didn’t anyone tell me?”

“I wanted too Anna but I saw how hurt you were every time Jordan blew you off to hang out with some one else, I didn’t want to add to that,” Brandy told me.

“He knew?” I shook my head and groaned. “And here I thought I was so good at hiding it!”

“Yeah,” Brandy laughed. “You really sucked at it!”

“Oh well,” I smiled. “It doesn’t matter now; I have no interest in Jordan.” I turned to Brandy, “I would totally choose Nick if he was free and I wasn’t crazy about Josh.”

4 comments:

Anna said...

Good Morning Everyone!

It's Sunday morning and I feel like it should be Tuesday ~sigh~ I hope that don't mean the week will drag out.

I hope you are all enjoying your day and I'll see you all tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Hola, Anna, thanks for such and enlightened blog today. But I guess I'm just a little impatient and I just want Anna and Josh back together already. Maybe he'll realize that he made a mistake for asking to be just friends, just likeAnna realized that she really didn't want to take things slow and they will get back to some serious LOVING!!

But no matter what I love your BLOGS!!

GG

Anonymous said...

Maybe now that Anna knows the truth about Jordan, their relationship can get back to 'plain old platonic.' Either that or she'll be really mad at him for treating her that way for so long. Which way will it go???

Anonymous said...

Where are we in this blog? April? May?