Monday, July 2, 2007

Burgers And Conversation...Break Time Rules!

I was embarrassed that he said that to my managers and they thought it was that sweetest thing they ever heard but it didn’t stop me from smiling at him. It was like something had taken over my body and I wasn’t able to stop smiling if I wanted too; in fact if my life depended on me not smiling, I would’ve dropped dead at that moment.

“You make me happy,” I told him before I could stop myself and almost immediately turned bright red.

Josh reached out and covered my left hand with his right, “I know exactly what you mean,” he told me with a smile and a gentle squeeze of my hand.

As we ate we talked about work and family. “I took the kids to KidZone,” I told him when he asked me what I did on my day off. “It was supposed to be only Conner and Krystal but somehow I got hoodwinked into taking all of the kids with me! I think my brothers planned it!”

Josh laughed, “But you really didn’t mind, did you?”

I shook my head, “No I didn’t mind at all, I actually love spending time with them. And you should’ve seen the look on Conner’s face when the girls wanted to play with him. I never saw him so happy in my life!”

“They don’t like to play with him?”

I shrugged, “It’s not that they don’t like too, they just don’t want to play cars and Conner always wants to play cars!”

“Like someone else we both know!” Josh said with a chuckle.

I smiled as I remembered when I had both boys at Jordan’s and they ganged up on him. “They had a lot of fun together.”

“Jess keeps asking if he can go play with Conner but I didn’t know if it would be ok,” Josh looked at me. “I didn’t know if you would have a problem with it.”

“No!” I exclaimed. “I would never ever get there and try to stop Conner from playing with Jesse! I know how much both of them enjoyed having another little boy to play with! Josh!” I was a little surprised that he would think that. “My brother would’ve loved to have Jesse go over and play with Conner, or the other way around. Conner needs friends close to his own age.”

“See I thought that but I wasn’t sure,” he glanced down at this food for a second before looking up at me. “I guess I was keeping Jesse from Conner because I didn’t know how I would feel about it.”

“Josh,” I leaned in over the table and gazed into his eyes. “No matter what happens between us, if Jesse wants to play with Conner or Jenna or anyone else related to me, it’s totally fine with me. I would rather know he’s happy than have him feeling like he can’t be friends with them anymore.”

Josh nodded, “Thank you for that, it does mean a lot that you would be ok with it.”

“I don’t want to stand in the way of anyone’s friendships Josh, and that includes the one you have with my brother. I noticed that you haven’t really spoken to him much since…”

Again Josh nodded, “Yeah I didn’t think he would want to talk to me after what happened.”

I told Josh that Zack didn’t have a problem with him, “What happened was my fault Josh, everyone knows that.”

“No Anna,” Josh started but I stopped him.

“Josh there isn’t really anyone else we can blame for what happened, it was my fault and I hurt you. I really wish it didn’t happen but it did, all I can hope for is that you can find some way to trust me again.”

He gazed at me for the longest time, I wasn’t sure what he was thinking but I wished that he would tell me. When he spoke again, he changed the subject and admitted he was changing the subject. “I am still unsure of what I want to do Anna, part of me wants to pull you into my arms and make love to you for the rest of my life,” he smiled when he said that. “But the other part of me wonders if I would be the only one you would want to be with.”

I closed my eyes, I knew that it wouldn’t be easy to gain his trust again but I knew that when it happened, our relationship would be so much better than it was before.

“So that’s why I’m changing the subject,” he gave a little laugh and then asked me when I was off that week.

“Well, I’m only off on Saturday. I was supposed to be off on Thursday but Bella asked me to work so she could have the day off to go pick up her brother at the airport, she’s very excited about his visit.”

“She’s told you lots about him?” Josh sat up straight when he asked that question.

“Well I know she’s really close to him and she misses him a lot. She mentioned that she wanted to get a bunch of people together and go out for drinks so that she could introduce him to everyone because she is trying to convince him to move out here.”

Josh raised a brow, “Oh yeah?”

I nodded, “Yeah but Jordan isn’t looking forward to that.” When Josh asked why, I told him that Jordan was nervous. “He never does that great when meeting family of the women he dates, he tends to do really stupid stuff. I told him he’d be fine and that Bella would be there with him but he still thinks he’s going to screw it up.”

“So Bella and Jordan are still dating?”

“Yes,” I smiled. “They seem to be doing great, Jordan seems really happy with her and that’s a good thing.”

“So you spend a lot of time with Jordan?”

I shook my head, “No not really, I haven’t spoke to him for a couple days actually.”

“Oh,” Josh gave me a smile but didn’t say anything else and I couldn’t help but wonder what he was thinking...again.

Before I was ready for it, it was time for me to head back to work. Josh walked me to the layaway doors, gave me a hug and he told me that he would call me soon.

13 comments:

Anna said...

Good Afternoon Everyone!

God I can't believe it's July already! Where has the last six months gone??

Well, it's still March in the blog...maybe that's why it seems like time is flying...

I hope everyone has a great day!

Anonymous said...

OMG i see total drama arriving soon...i mean with bella's brother coming...i think that maybe just maybe anna might find him attractive or the other way around and that josh will get jealous..thats my theory!

Anonymous said...

Ohh how exciting! A new guy!

Anonymous said...

Why did Josh "sit up straight" when he was asking about Bella's brother? Hmmmmm...

-A

Lynn said...

Sounds like a make it or break moment for Josh and Anna is coming. If Anna is attracted to someone else she is probably going to have to get the straight answer from Josh of whether or not he wants a relationship with her or not. It isn't fair of Josh to expect her to pine after him forever. Can't wait to see what happens.


I love this blog.

Anonymous said...

I think you are very naughty and have given Team New Guy a reason to cheer!

Thank you very much for responding to me in the Comment section of your posts a few days ago. It was a very lovely suprise!

Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Why does everyone suddenly think Bella's brother will be a romantic interest for Anna...we haven't even met the guy!

Anonymous said...

She has apologized to Josh profusely. Then he comes to see her and gives her mixed signals. I can understand why Josh needs some time, but it seems like he wants Anna to just wait until he decides. I think she needs to tell him he has all the time in the world, but that she's got to go on living her life until he makes up his mind. Of course I'm a 50-year-old forever-married woman, so I'm not up for this much drama in my own life! :-)

Anonymous said...

I agree with everyone who says this new guy could be trouble. But if Anna is smart and knows what she wants then he won't be a problem. Although Josh needs to stop sending the mixed signals. He can't come see her and tell her how much he loves her and then be like i still need time. Don't wait for him forever Anna. Corner him and get it worked out.

Great post.

Chris

Anonymous said...

I feel left out... I'm still on team Jordan and it doesn't look like my team is doing so well. Especially if a new guy is entering the picture.

Vikki said...

Aaaaw man. I thought we were getting somewhere with Josh.

As far as the fresh meat, I hope that Josh isn't jealous of someone who isn't even in the picture yet.

Can't wait to see what happens next!

MonkeySpeak said...

Hey guys, its been a while!

Personally I don't really think he is giving mixed signals. He said he wants it to work out but hes hurt and wounded and he needs time. He isnt blowing her off, in fact... what they are doing is real dating!!!!!

At least that is what it seems to me. You go out for dinner and you say goodnight and go your seperate ways, in a few days you see each other again. I think Josh's and Anna's main problem has been they REALLY rushed into things and fell toooo hard. They didnt take the time to become best friends, to learn how to trust each other, to not HAVE to wonder. They need to date, not be instant boyfriend and girlfriend and thats what its starting to seem like they are leading into.... versus moving right in together! Stay away from seeing jesse for a bit, go out to dinner together, go for walks, DONT SLEEP TOGETHER - let anticipation grow and make the moment that much more special - let him learn to trust her and learn to be best friends... isn't that why there was a team jordan? you want to see friends fall in love.... well i want to see josh and anna become best friends and let the love grow into something awesome ;)

tita said...

I think Josh wants to start all over again and it's fair. It's impossible to stop a relationship and after a time start with that person in the same situation that you left things.
They need to become friends and trust each other before starting something BIG.
About the new guy, it sounds soooo fishy, I don't know if I'd like to see another guy in the picture, honestly Anna has enough trouble with Jordan and Josh and she doesn't need another one...well that's what I think....
We'll see.
XOXO