Sunday, July 29, 2007

Lines And Calls

I was silently cursing Jordan as we discussed what looked good on the menu. I couldn’t believe that he would actually try to set me up with Wade, of all people! Even if I wasn’t hoping to get back with Josh, I would never think about getting with Wade. Sure he was good looking but there was something about his attitude that I didn’t like. He irritated me, and not in a good way.

Bella leaned into Jordan, “What were we getting for appetizers baby?”

Jordan, who was reading the kids menu to Jenna, seemed a little surprised when he glanced around the table before his gaze rested on Bella. “I don’t know Bella, what do you want to get?”

“I thought we were all going to share something?” She frowned at him.

“Well we can,” Jordan smiled at her. “What looks good to you?”

“I don’t know,” Bella turned her attention back to the menu. “I was thinking that we could…” she glanced at him but his attention was back on Jenna, who was trying to take the menu from him so she could chew on it. “Jordan?”

Jenna was leaning over the high chair’s ‘table’ with her mouth open, intent on biting down on the corner of the menu. “That’s icky,” Jordan told her while he wiggled the menu, shaking her little body as he did so. “You don’t want that, do you?”

“Jordan?” Bella seemed a little ticked as she set her menu on the table.

“Yes?” He turned towards her again. “Did you decide what you wanted?”

“No,” she glared at him. “I was trying to get your input!”

Jordan gave her a look I knew so well, the ‘what the hell is wrong with you’ look; the look that he gave me many times when I asked him to grab me something from the kitchen when we were both sitting on the couch. I was expecting him to ask her if she was unable to make a decision for herself but he didn’t. Sighing softly, he placed his menu on the table and turned in his chair, his left hand slipped to her back. “Let’s see shall we?” He was reading her menu with her and Jenna took that moment to pull his menu to her, chewing down happily on the corner.

As they huddled together, deciding what Bella felt like having, Wade leaned closer to me. “Do you know what you are having?”

“Yes I do,” I told him.

“Care to tell me what we’ll be sharing?” He smiled, moving his chair closer to mine.

“You won’t like it,” Jordan cut in.

“How do you know?” Wade questioned him.

Jordan smiled, “Anna always has hot wings.”

Wade raised a brow, turned to me and asked. “So you like things spicy, do you?” His hand moved closer to mine, a finger reaching out to brush against the back of my hand.

“Oh lord,” I rolled my eyes at him. “That was beyond lame. Please tell me that is not the best line you can come up with?”

“Line?” His head jerked a little. “I don’t need to use lines.”

I laughed, “Well good for you. Now if you would realize that I’m not interested, this would be less embarrassing for you.”

“You like being difficult?” He asked me with a knowing grin on his face; I wanted to slap it off, he didn’t know a damn thing about me.

“I’m not difficult; you just don’t have anything that interests me.”

“Oh?” Wade smiled as he moved closer still, slipping his arm around the back of my chair. “How do you know? I may be the most interesting guy you’ll ever meet.”

“I doubt it,” I turned back to my menu. “You aren’t Josh.”

He didn’t say anything as he turned back to his menu.

Soon the waitress came to take our order. Once she was gone silence settled over the table. It was probably the most uncomfortable I’ve ever been at a restaurant. Bella didn’t seem to want to talk to anyone but Jordan but Jordan was trying to keep Jenna entertained and that seemed to annoy her. I almost got the feeling that she resented the time and attention that he gave his daughter. And if he happened to say anything to me, I would get the dirtiest looks from her.

I was very grateful when my cell rang.

“Aunt Anna?” It was Cassie, she was crying.

I jumped up from the table. “Cass? Honey what’s wrong?”

“Can you…” she sobbed but I didn’t hear the rest of what she said.

“I’m sorry Cass; I didn’t get that last part.”

She took a breath and said it again, “Can you come and get me?”

I was pacing a little at this point, Jordan was watching me with a concerned looked on his face. “What’s wrong?” I asked her.

“Just come and get me, please?” She begged through her tears.

“Of course. Where are you?” She told me she was at a friend’s house and quickly gave me the directions there. “I’ll be right there,” I told her and hung up.

“I have to go,” I said to no one in particular. Jordan was asking me what was wrong with Cassie as I looked around for the waitress to cancel my order. “Where is that waitress?” I couldn’t see her anywhere. “Oh forget about it!” I snapped, pulling out my wallet. “I’ll just…” I didn’t have any cash on me. “Damn it!”

“Anna!” Jordan was standing in front of me, when he said my name; he grabbed hold of my arms to stop me from moving. “What’s wrong with Cassie? Is she hurt?”

I stared at him, I forgot for a moment where I was. “I don’t know,” I told him. “She was crying, she wouldn’t tell me anything. She wants me to go get her.” I shook free of his hands. “I have to go.”

The waitress came at that moment with the appetizers. “Is everything ok?”

“No, I have to go. I need to cancel my order.” The waitress glanced towards the kitchen with this ‘I’m not sure what to do’ look on her face. She started to say something but Jordan stopped her.

“Don’t worry about the order, just make it.” He turned to me. “Go see what’s up with Cass, make sure she’s ok. I’ll get your order to go and you can pick it up later.”

“But I…” I stared down at the wallet that was open in my hand.

“Don’t worry about it,” he told me. “I’ll get it.” He turned me around so I was facing the door. “Go make sure Cass is ok.” I nodded and started to walk away when he called out to me, I turned around to look at him. “Call me, let me know, ok?”

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOHH i bet Bella didn't liked it that jordan cared so much about anna and cassie!!! i wonder what's up!!!

i don't like wade either! he think he's that great!

i know i haven't left comments for a while but i wanted to let you know that i still check your blogs everyday!

Anonymous said...

I don't like Wade either. Not sure I like Bella anymore as well.
L

Anonymous said...

Wade is to arrogant for his own good. Guys that think that much of themselves are usually a**holes.

I wonder if Cassie might be at an unsupervised party and has found herself in situations that she is not comfortable????

Anonymous said...

I'm getting very bad vibes from both Bella and Wade. Jordan and Anna better watch their backs!

Anonymous said...

Ewww I want to slap both Wade and Bella. They are both really annoying and they need to go away.

I hope Cassie is ok. My guess is that something might have happened with her boyfriend.

Anonymous said...

yeah i think cassie probably broke up with her boyfriend...
i have a feeling that bella is going to get mad at jordan for giving anna some attention and not giving her any...
wade..i dunno about this guy...i just wanna josh to see anna with wade ...and then get really jealous and break into a fight!!..i noe im horrible lol..but i love the drama

Anonymous said...

Yea.....and Jordan calls himself her BEST FRIEND, friends don't do that to friends, I'm glad she's not spending that much time with Jordan anymore, I used to fell bad for him, but now I just plain don't like him anymore and WADE...can we say YUK!!!

GO TEAM JOSH AND ANNA!!

Vikki said...

I am WAYYYYY over Bella and Wade. How do you get annoyed with a guy for taking care of his daughter? She had to know that Jenna was gonna be there. And Wade is way to "I'm the guy". Can we say TURN OFF??

I hope everything is ok with Cassie. Hopefully she just broke up with her boyfriend, or maybe she caught him cheating, and not something worse (if you know whatI mean).

Great post!!

Anonymous said...

Great stories as always. Jordan needs to lose Bella. She just has jealousy issues and Anna is one thing, but you can't be jealous of time spent with a child.

ctiger said...

Wow Bella has some nerve. Being jealous over a baby. How childish. She needs to grow up, and Wade please get over yourself. Jordan can do WAY BETTER. I hope Cassie is okay. Great post.

Chris

Carmel Beauty said...

wade is an a$$ I hope Cassie is okay