Friday, July 6, 2007

Where I Wanted To Be For So Long

I didn’t actually leave work until 10:30, when I told Josh that he said it didn’t matter, he still wanted me to come over. I couldn’t believe how excited I was when he left, to get to spend who knows how long helping him with the party stuff? Nothing would’ve stopped me from going over to his place.

Not even Jordan. As I was leaving work, my cell phone rang and Jordan’s cell number showed up. I won’t lie, I groaned when I saw it, I didn’t want to go spend anytime being talked down to by Bella’s jerky brother.

“Hey Jordy, what’s up?” I answered my phone as I unlocked my car.

“It’s not Jordan,” Bella responded.

“Oh! Hey Bella, how is it going?” I was so glad I didn’t answer the phone with ‘how are the crazies?’

“It’s going great.”

“Ok, then what’s up? Why are you calling me?” I really didn’t have time to deal with this; I wanted to get over to Josh’s before he thought I wasn’t coming.

“I was just seeing if you were on your way over.”

“Actually,” I chuckled a little. “Something came up and I won’t be able to make it after all but I’m sure that no one would mind, since everything is going so great.”

Bella told me again that everything was going great and then said they didn’t really need me to be there anyway. “It’s probably best that you weren’t,” she said. “That way Wade and Jordan can get to know each other without you getting in the way.”

“Ummm, ok.” I tried not to take offense to what she said, I didn’t think I ‘got in the way’ at all. “Well I’ll let you go then,” I told her. “Bye now.”

I didn’t waste any time once I started my car, I left the parking lot in a bigger rush than I ever did before. I could feel the nervous excitement building up the closer I got to Josh’s apartment building.

As I made my way up to his apartment, I tried to remember the last time I was there but I couldn’t, it seemed so long ago. Once I reached his door, I wasn’t so nervous, I actually felt pretty calm as I knocked on his door.

It seemed to take forever for Josh to answer the door. “Hello,” he smiled at me. “Come in.” He moved back to let me pass and then closed the door.

For some unknown reason, I expected his place to look different from what I remembered but as I glanced in, I noticed that things still seemed the same as the last time I saw it, at least what I could see all seemed the same. Most of the apartment was dark, there was a light on in the living room but it wasn’t enough to really light the entire room, it was soft and inviting. Also coming from the living room was some music, I couldn’t tell what he was listening too because it was so low but it added to the inviting feeling.

“Here, let me help you with that.” Josh stood in front of me, his hands lifted to my shoulders as I went to remove my jacket. He was so close to me, I was breathing him in. He had just recently showered the mixture of his soap and his natural scent was so powerful, I almost groaned out loud. Once the jacket was in his hands, he turned to hang it up and I turned to check him out. His hair was still damp from the shower so some of it was trying to cling to his forehead while most of it was brushed back; he had changed from his ‘work’ clothes into a pair of blue and white plaid pj pants with a plain white t-shirt, he looked so yummy I wanted to go to him, wrap my arms around his waist and hold him tight.

He turned around quicker than I thought he would, he totally caught me checking him out! “You were in a hurry?” He asked, his brow raised and a knowing smile on his face.

“What do you mean?” I was a little confused.

He moved in to me, his hands lifting to my shoulders again. “I remember the last time you didn’t remove this before you came over,” his fingers played over the blue material of my work smock. “I believe you were in such a hurry to spend time with me, you forgot to remove it.”

I couldn’t help the blush that spread across my cheeks as the memory of that time came alive in my mind. I tried to speak but found I couldn’t when he choose that moment to step even closer to me, his hands trailing down my back to my waist. His face was inches from him, I glanced up at him and smiled when I saw similar feelings playing across his face as I was feeling. He tugged at the strings holding the smock closed at my waist. “You don’t need this anymore tonight,” he whispered as he lifted it over my head and turned to hang it with my jacket.

When he turned back to me, he stood there for the longest time just gazing at me. I wanted to ask him what he was thinking but as I tilted my head back to meet his gaze, his hands found their way to my waist and he tugged me to him. I’m not sure how long he held me in his arms as his chin rested against my forehead and frankly I wasn’t in any shape to really pay much attention to anything but the feelings that washed over me. I just know that when he reluctantly pulled back and told me that we should probably get started on the party stuff, I wanted to protest and pull him back against me.

I knew it was going to be a long night.

6 comments:

Anna said...

Good Afternoon Everyone!

I had a little problem staying awake this morning, so I was late posting...~g~

I hope everyone is having a great day and that your weekend is as wonderful as you hope it will be...

Anonymous said...

Anna, queen of the cliffhangers!!
I'm lovin' this! And I was Team Jordan for a LONG time! :-)

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see how Anna's night goes!!

I am glad that Jordan didn't call asking her to come....and I am still wondering what was behind Bella's call. I sense some problems brewing!
M

Vikki said...

Ok, can I just say that I'm not a big Bella fan right about now. The passive aggressive stuff just annoys the crap out of me. that comment was just plain rude, especiallty considering that she was the one who invited her along.
But, that's just how I feel about it :^)

I can't wait to see what happens with Anna & Josh. A long night huh... ;^) YAY!!

Vikki said...

oops, i meant especially

:^) (bad fingers!!)

Lynn said...

I'm not liking Bella too much either. It makes me wonder if there was an ulterior motive for having Jordan meet her at Walmart with Anna. It seems like she wanted to prove something to Anna with her brother and with the kiss she gave Jordan. It might have backfired because Anna didn't seem to take the bait! Yay Anna