Friday, July 13, 2007

After Party Sleepover

Once Josh and I got all the kids back to his place and happily playing with Jesse’s toys, we settled on the couch together. “Are you ok?” I asked him, he was leaning back against the couch with his hands folded over his chest and his eyes were closed.

He nodded, “I’m just a little tired,” he opened his eyes and smiled at me. “I haven’t really slept that much in the past couple days.”

“Why don’t you go and lie down then?” I asked him as he closed his eyes again.

Shaking his head, he told me that he was fine. “I’ll just sleep like a log tonight,” he smiled.

But as it happened, Josh wasn’t the only one who was sleepy. First Jenna came over and wanted to get up, when I picked her up, she snuggled up with me and closed her eyes. Then I noticed Jesse was doing little head bobs while he was lying on the floor playing cars with Conner. Megan was already passed out on the carpet over in the corner of the living room.

“Daddy? Ama?” Jesse came over to us rubbing his eyes and yawning. “Jesse sleepy.”

Josh peeked out from under his lashes long enough to see where Jesse was standing and pull him up into his arms.

“No daddy,” Jesse mumbled against Josh’s chest. “Jesse go bed.”

Reluctantly Josh pushed off the couch, “I’ll be right…” his words trailed of into a laugh when he saw Jenna sleeping in my arms. “That’s two down,” he joked while motioning for me to follow him.

“Actually,” I nodded in Megan’s direction. “It’s three.”

When Josh and I went to Jesse’s room to put the kids down, Conner followed us. “Aunt Anna, I’m sleepy too.”

Turing towards Josh, I asked him what he put in that cake. He laughed, “It was all part of the plan Anna.” He winked and repeated, “All part of the plan.”

When it was all said and done, Jesse and Jenna were sleeping on Jesse’s bed while Conner and Megan were passed out on the air mattress Josh normally sleeps on in Jess’ room.

And me? Who wasn’t really sleepy at all? I let Josh talk me into lying down with him on his bed; he fell asleep not long after he pulled me back against him and I laid there in his arms, thinking about everything that happened at the party.

I’m not sure how long it took me to fall asleep but I do remember waking up to hearing, “Shhh daddy’s sleeeeping!” Opening my eyes, I saw four sets of eyes starting back at me. “Ama!” Jesse giggled as he tried to get up on the bed with us.

“Shhh,” I glanced over my shoulder at Josh, who was still snoring away.

Jesse giggled again, “Shhh daddy sleeping.” I nodded and then asked what they were all doing, he told me that they wanted to play but he wasn’t allowed to play without daddy being awake.

“Ok,” I felt kind of sad that I would have to leave Josh sleeping but I got up with the kids and took them out into the living room where I asked them what they wanted to do. “It has to be something quiet though,” I told them. “Josh is still sleeping; we don’t want to wake him, do we?”

“No,” the kids all said in unison.

“So what do you all want to do?” I looked at them; they all looked at each other because they didn’t know what they could do. After listing a few things, they decided that they wanted to color a picture; I helped each of them find a picture and set them up with crayons and sat with them for a few minutes before Jesse asked me to leave because he was coloring the picture for me and he wanted it to be a surprise.

Twenty minutes later, I was sitting on the couch reading through some of the sports magazines that Josh had lying around when he plopped down on the couch next to me and cuddled up next to me. “Hey,” I kissed his forehead as he rested his head on my shoulder. “We didn’t wake you, did we?”

“No,” he mumbled still half asleep. “Not feeling you in my arms anymore woke me.” I smiled and lifted my hand to his cheek but I didn’t say anything. We stayed sitting like that for a while, he would move every once in a while to readjust his hold on me but it remained pretty much the same. Sometimes I could tell he was checking out the magazine I was reading and other times, I noticed he was watching the kids as they moved from coloring to playing with Jesse’s cars again.

It was just after 5 when Megan came over to us and told us she was hungry. “My tummy saying ‘grrrr’ Uncle Josh,” she said with a little giggled as she stood with her hands on her hips and her little tummy pushed out.

Josh asked the other kids if they were hungry and they all said yes so he got up and headed out to the kitchen where he opened cupboards and closed them again for a few minutes before he poked his head back in the living room and asked if anyone felt like going out for burgers and fries. “I really don’t want to cook,” he told me when I gave him a questioning glance.

We decided on McDonalds because let’s face it, it was easy, fast and the kids all loved it. Josh also suggested that we all go in my car because it was bigger and he wanted us all to be together, of course the only problem was that one of the kids had to sit up front between us and since Conner was the oldest, he got that privilege. “Just don’t tell your daddy,” I joked as I strapped him in.

On the way to McDonalds, I tried to find out what all the kids wanted but they kept changing their minds every five seconds. When we walked into the building, Jesse and Conner took off to see what toys were offered and which they wanted. There was a little bit of a line up ahead of us so Josh suggested that I take the kids and go find a place to sit. “But I have to get food for Jenna and Conner,” I told him.

“I got it,” he told me and then turned to tell the boys to go with me.

“But you don’t know what they want,” I said as he tried to shoo me away.

“Megan wants nuggets, Jenna a grilled cheese sandwich and the boys want cheeseburgers – all of them want fries and apple juice. You,” he smiled at me. “Would like a Big Xtra w/cheese meal – no lettuce, extra onions,” he made a face and then told me what he wanted. “Did I forget anything?”

“No one likes a know it all,” I told him with a laugh. “Ok kids, come on let’s go find a table.”

We ended up sitting in one of the corner booths, all the kids were on the inside while Josh and I were on the ends. I wasn’t sure how it would be having all four kids at McDonalds at the same time but it was surprisingly not that bad; sure they were loud and a little messy but they were really good overall.

When we left McDonalds Jordan called me on my cell and asked me when I was planning on returning his daughter to him. “I was just kidding when I said you could have her!”

I told him that I would drop her off right away and then hung up. “Jordan would like me to return Jenna,” I told Josh. I immediately regretted mentioning Jordan’s name when the smile disappeared from Josh’s face and a cold stare took its place.

10 comments:

Anna said...

Good Morning Everyone!

You’re welcome Amy! I write, you all post comments…it’s a win-win situation I think ~g~

I like the happy ‘endings’ on the entries too Chris…but I love giving you all cliff hangers as well! ~s~

KBear welcome to the past’s present, it’s great to have you here with all of us! ~g~

Anonymous well it wouldn’t be the first time I was called crazy and I’m sure it won’t be the last ~l~

Bekah I know that most of the readers missed Jesse as much as he missed his ‘Ama’!

Carmel Beauty some days I really wonder why I write as often as I do but then I realize that it’s because I’m just as much a blog addict as those who read my stuff and I know how much it sucks when no one has updated.

GG ~s~ I’m glad you liked it!

~g~ Karen that sounds like the same number of times I check for new comments!

I hope you all have a great day today!

Anonymous said...

"I immediately regretted mentioning Jordan’s name when the smile disappeared from Josh’s face and a cold stare took its place."

Oh PLEASE!!!! Get over it already! Anna has his child and just needs to drop her off! Josh, Let it go!!!

Lynn said...

Josh had to realize that Jenna was there and that she was Jordan's little girl. Hopefully it was just a facial reaction (my face is always doing things when my mouth is saying something different. Example: My mouth is saying "your new outfit is cute", my face is saying "what the hell were you thinking.") and isn't going to turn into anything bigger. Anna and Josh can both return Jenna and all the other kids to their rightful "owners" and go discover each other again.

love this blog!

Anonymous said...

Ok first of all now that you posted so early, what do I have to look forward too all day...oh yea tomorrows post, sorry, my bad!!

Ahhhhhhhh, Jordan is always going to be a sore spot for Josh, poor Anna. This is going to be a difficult relationship for them

GG

Anonymous said...

isn't this the first time josh will be seeing jordan since it all happened???? i wouldn't be so gungho to see some chick that was kissing on my guy!!!

Anonymous said...

I wonder if it was really Jordan that the stare was for or if it was because of something or someONE that walked into McDonald's???

Interesting cliffhanger!

Anonymous said...

OMG i didnt even realize that possibility la shunda, and i totally think ur right!!!!! lol...its just anna's great writing that gets me all confused but i think what u posted would be right! i mean it has to be right? because if josh cant even handle anna mentioning jordan's name or having to go drop of jenna at his house then..i hate to say this but..anna and josh's relationship can't work..*gasp* i cant believe i just said that!!
p.s what happened to wade?!?!?!

MonkeySpeak said...

I hate to say it but who else would he give a cold stare to?

OMG unless it's Carol and Phil!! We haven't seen or heard from them in a lil bit!!! Maybe this weekend is the weekend of past characters for both blogs hahaha. Two big cliffhangers. Maybe thats why the early posts today - is it a double post day?! Or are you just messing with us and screwing with our fridays.

Great, now on top of all this work today, I'm gonna be checking your blogs all day too.

Cuz yall are right, I mean, he HAS to know that she is going to have to return Jenna eventually.

Carmel Beauty said...

Josh either needs to trust her or not it's time

Anonymous said...

Yep that was a good call that he saw someone walk in! I also think it's Carol & Phil, lots of intrigue & Drama surrounding them. Question for Anna - Do you ever look at our guesses and use them? Or do you have the story planned out in advance?

Stacey