Friday, July 13, 2007

Meeting For The First Time After The Kiss

Josh didn’t say a word the entire time it took to drive over to Jordan’s house. He didn’t even look anywhere but at the road in front of him, I was watching him as I wished that I was returning Jenna on my own. I didn’t want this moment to the be one where Josh decides that he can’t be with me because of Jordan but I wanted him to see Jordan face to face, I guess I was hoping Jordan would do something to prove to Josh that he had no desire to come between us anymore.

Jordan was waiting on his front step when we pulled into his driveway. He waved and started down the steps but froze when he saw me get out of the passenger side of my car; the look of pure terror on his face would’ve been funny if I wasn’t so worried about what would happen.

I expected Josh to remain in the car so I was really surprised when his door opened and he pulled his tall frame from my car. “Hey,” I smiled at him as he stood in front of me.

“I’ll get Jenna,” he mumbled while reaching for the handle to open the door.

While he was unstrapping Jenna from her car seat, Jordan inched his way over giving me questioning looks but not saying anything.

“Baby go bye bye daddy?” Jesse seemed a little sad when he spoke.

Josh nodded, “Yes Jess it’s time for Jenna to go with her dad.”

“Otay daddy,” Jesse waved to Jenna. “Bye Baby!”

Jenna waved to Jesse and the other kids said bye as Josh turned from the car. He went to hand her to me but stopped short when he saw Jordan holding out his hands for her; Jenna was kind of dangling in the air for a moment and I thought for sure Josh was going to ignore Jordan.

But he didn’t.

Without saying a word, he passed Jenna to the very anxious Jordan who held his hands for his daughter. “Hey Jenna,” Jordan held her to his chest. “Daddy missed you so much!”

Josh went to close the back door when I stopped him to tell him that the car seat she was in was hers as well. When Josh bent over again to unhook her car seat, his jacket rode up his back a little and my eyes were drawn to the exposed skin; I didn’t realize I was doing it until I heard Jordan laugh.

“Cover your eyes Jenna, your aunt is perving on Josh again.” Jenna giggled as Jordan tried to cover her eyes.

Glancing over his shoulder, Josh caught me turning bright red and he smiled! He straightened up and pulled Jenna’s seat out of my car, along with her diaper bag; he handed both of them to Jordan before he turned to close the door.

“Umm…” Josh leaned back against my car and ran a hand through his hair. “We…ummm…” He glanced at me and then turned to Jordan. “She had a little nap around 4,” he told Jordan with a laugh. “We all did actually, I think it was maybe a half hour…hour at the most,” Josh looked to me for confirmation and I nodded.

Jordan smiled, “Does that mean you’ll be up later?” He asked Jenna and she just grinned at him. Turning towards Josh he told him it wouldn’t be a problem, “It’ll just give me more time with her!”

“Yeah…” Josh turned to open the drivers’ door but stopped. “We took the kids to McDonalds just before you called; Jenna ate all of her grill cheese sandwich and fries, right Anna?”

“Yes she did,” I confirmed as I moved in close to Josh, slipping my arm around his waist and immediately felt exactly how tense Josh was at that moment.

Jordan nodded, “That’s good to know, I wouldn’t want to feed her again and wonder why she wasn’t eating.” He glanced down at Jenna and then looked up at Josh again. “Was there anything else?”

“Umm…” Josh looked at Jenna. “Oh Anna changed her just before we left McDonalds so she should be ok for now.”

Jordan gasped, pressing his forehead against Jenna’s. “No stinky bums for daddy? It must be my lucky day!” Jenna giggled and grabbed his cheeks with her hands.

“I think that’s it,” Josh said and Jordan nodded. “Well, actually there is one more thing.”

Jordan looked a little weary about what Josh was going to say and honestly so was I, I couldn’t think of what else there would be to tell Jordan.

But Josh thought of one thing. “It really meant a lot to Jesse that Jenna was at his party today; thank you for letting Anna bring her.”

“Thanks for including her in the invitation,” Jordan replied. “She seems to have had a blast and that’s all that matters to me.” With all that said, Jordan told us that he should probably get Jenna inside. “And I’m sure you two have something better to do than stand in my driveway,” he joked.

While Jordan made his way back towards his house, Josh and I got back in my car. When we were belted in, Josh lowered his forehead down on the steering wheel and let out this huge breath of air.

My hand rubbed his shoulder as I asked, “Are you ok honey?” Josh nodded and asked if we could talk about it after we dropped off the other kids. “Ok,” I told him and he smiled at me.

We dropped Conner off first and I told my brother that I would be back later that night. “It’s still alright that I stay here again, isn’t it?”

Chad told me of course it was ok. “Just try not to be too late; you do have to work in the morning.”

When Josh was talking to Matt as he dropped Megan off at home, Jesse called out to me from the back seat and said something along the lines of the other kids all having daddies. I told him yes they all had daddies. “Baby too,” he said.

“Yes Jenna’s daddy is Jordan.”

“And mommy? Baby have mommy?” He sounded a little concerned that she might not have a mommy.

“Jenna has a mommy too Jesse. Do you remember when we met Jenna in the store?” Jesse thought for a second and then nodded. “Well the man that was with Jenna is her mommy’s boyfriend.”

Jesse thought about that and then asked, “Baby mommy mean Ama?” I told him that Heather was a nice lady and he seemed really happy about that.

11 comments:

Anna said...

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Surprise! ~l~

Stacey to answer your question, I already know how things are going to go but there are times when I'm a little on the fence about something and reader reaction might change the way the entry goes...it rarely ever happens that way though ~s~

Have a great weekend everyone!

Anna said...

oh and anyone who hasn't done so already, if you missed the numerous times the link was posted in the comment section and if you are looking for something else to read, try Never Had To Knock On Wood (http://neverhadtoknockonwood.blogspot.com/)

oh and if you all know of any newer blogs please share links...I need new reading material ~g~

Anonymous said...

i haven't even read the post yet, but i just wanted to say...

I LOVE YOU. I LOVE YOU. I LOOOOOOVEEEEE YOU. THANKS FOR THE DOUBLE ANNA. YOU ROCK!

i don't even have to read it to know it's awesome.

-claire.

Anonymous said...

woohoo double post!!!

thank you thank you thank you

Lynn said...

What a great Friday surprise, a double post!
Glad to see that Josh took the high road with Jordan.

Carmel Beauty said...

http://www.ishouldbeworkingbutwhywhenicanblog.blogspot.com/

Hey Anna great post as usual I am so team josh

Anonymous said...

pshhh..whoever said that friday the 13th is bad luck lol....we got a double post!!!!!!!! lol thanks anna!!! just like claire said..we love love love u ama...i mean anna lol...

tita said...

I think that at last Josh is going to change his attitude and they'll start all over again!!!
That's terrific....I wish I were Anna in that moment
Please...Can someone tell where I can find a Josh for myself ????? lol
XOXO

Anonymous said...

no post today?:(:(:(

Anonymous said...

That was just mean, no post... will we have one today?

GG

Anna said...

yes of course there is one today...just a matter of when because I have to leave shortly to go for dinner with my family...~s~ but 'once' has a new entry already...