Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Shopping Bug

Work seemed to drag on that day but I was proud of myself for not thinking about the situation with Josh too much; I didn’t want to drive myself crazy wondering if there was a way to speed up this ‘friends’ thing and get back into ‘us’. I know it was crazy; I was the one who thought we were going too fast and there I was wishing we were doing it again.

When the time finally came for me to go home, I damn near ran to my locker to check my phone; no calls. I won’t lie, I was disappointed but then I started to ‘reason’ with myself. Today is the say that Jesse leaves; he wouldn’t want to do anything that would take him away from time with Jess. If he calls, it won’t be until after Jess leaves but then he’ll be so upset that he might just want to be by himself. I smiled, it sounded good to me and I knew it was true from what I saw when we were together.

Before I left the store, I remembered that I had some shopping that I needed to do so I turned around and walked back in. After grabbing a cart, I made my way down through the main action alley by foods. I was standing in front of a display of Hershey’s Cookies trying to decide between boxes of Reese, York, Caramel or Cookies ‘N’ Creme cookies when someone bumped into me with their cart. I moved closer to the display to let the person through but not even a second later, I got bumped again.

Slowly, I turned around with this dirty look on my face.

“That isn’t all that pretty,” Wade said with a laugh as I rolled my eyes and turned back to the cookies. “Hey!” He came up behind me and as he stood very close to me he asked me what I was doing.

“I’m shopping,” I told him, stepping to the side. “And I enjoy doing it alone, thank you,” I said dismissively.

“Don’t you know it’s better with someone?” He reached in front of me and grabbed a couple boxes of Reese cookies. “Are these any good?”

“Yes,” I grabbed a box of each and started down the aisle again.

“So what else do we need?” He asked me again as he fell in step with me. “Do we need any cold stuff? Or how about the frozen stuff?” I walked pass both the cooler and freezer aisles, all the way down to the baking aisle, ignoring him as I went. “Oh!” He grabbed a cake mix off the counter, “Can you bake me a cake?”

“Wade,” I spun around, grabbed the box from him and put it back on the counter. “I tried telling you nicely but apparently you don’t understand ‘nice’ so try this.” I stared up at him and my next words were spoken slowly so he got it. “I want you to leave me alone.”

He frowned and repeated what I said to him under his breath. “You want me, alone?” He looked around and when he turned back, he was grinning. “Well Anna there’s no one here, we are alone.” He spread his arms wide, “Do with me what you will!”

I don’t think I could’ve been more shocked, I stood there for a moment with my mouth hanging open before I realized it and snapped it shut. “Unbelievable,” I muttered, tossing the ingredients to make chocolate chip cookies into my cart.

“I agreed,” Wade said next to my ear. “The price they charge for chocolate chips is unbelievable.”

I moved on down the aisle, ignoring him.

“Are you making cookies?” He asked all excited. “I love chocolate chip cookies Anna! It’s so nice of you to bake them as a ‘welcome’ gift.”

“More like a ‘get lost’ gift,” I muttered.

He laughed, “I heard that.”

“Then why don’t you get lost?” I asked him while turning into the next aisle.

“Ummm duh!” He stepped in front of my cart and smiled at me. “It’s Wal-Mart, how can you get lost in Wal-Mart?”

I went to tell him to go find a way when I saw Jordan and Bella walk by with Jenna in a cart. “Jordy!” I called out as I took off after them with Wade on my heel. “Jordy!” I turned the corner and almost ran into Bella. “Hey, sorry,” I told her but I wasn’t looking at her. “You have to help me,” I told Jordan.

“We were in the middle of a conversation Anna,” Bella glared at me.

“Sorry,” I said again this time looking at her. “Well how about you take your brother so I can shop in peace and I’ll leave you to that conversation that you were having.” I spun around and marched down the aisle where I abandoned my cart.

“Anna!” Jordan called out to me, I turned around and he asked me if I was ok. “You seem a little,” he hesitated before he said, “not like you.”

“Everything is fine,” I told him. I have to try to be friends with Josh like I am with Nick but I’m sure it’ll be ok. “It’s just been one of those weekends.” He asked me if I wanted to talk about it but I shook my head. “Don’t worry about me,” I smiled at him. “You go have fun with Bella and Jenna and I’ll see you later.”

While I was walking away I heard Wade ask Jordan if I was seeing anyone. I didn’t hear what Jordan said but I really hope that he told him to leave me alone.

30 comments:

Anna said...

Good Afternoon Everyone!

I hope everyone is doing ok today.

I noticed that a coupel people were wondering why I haven't posted a comment here the last couple days and I just want to tell you all that everything is ok with me. I've been working extra hours these past couple mornings and with the heat, I've been really tired when I get home. I barely have enough time to write the for the blogs, sleep and do the other things I need too do...plus I'm so tired by the time I'm done writing, my brain shuts down! ~l~

I hope you all enjoy the posts on both blogs and in case you were interested....

HAPPY 200TH POST!!! WOOHOOO!!! It's been a wild ride so far! Thank you all for coming along with me every day!

Angela

EJ said...

wow.. 200. congrats!! This story gets crazier and crazier... I love love love it!!

Lynn said...

I don't like Wade, he sounds like a doof! especially with what he said to Anna when he first met her. Personal, I just don't like men like that.
I also think Bella might be turning into a snarly thing. What the heck is up with her?

Lynn said...

Anna,
Congratulations on your 200th post!
Thanks for posting

Anonymous said...

Happy 200th!!!!! And thank you for writing so consistently and with regard to your fans/readers, you have no idea how much we appreciate it!!!

Anonymous said...

Good for Anna not relaying on Jordan to lend an ear. She did good with that. I also understand Bella being upset. I mean if you were in mid sentence with someone - especially your significant other and someone, even his or your best fried was to run up to you and butt in I would be upset. I don't understand Wade as haven't totally gotten to know him and I believe this is only the second time Anna has told us about meeting him. I would be totally freaked out if I met someone who gave me the vibe that he did to Anna and then later tried to me all nicely nicely when we saw each other. Stay away from Wade! Don't you have any girl friends you can confide in? A girls night? That is what you need!

Anonymous said...

Just remember, take as good care of yourself as you do your blog family!!

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Anna!!! Or should I say good for us....thanks for the 200 posts. They were all wonderful. I found myself reading about Anna and Josh's first encounter yesterday. It seemed so long ago that I read it. Keep up the great work and please take care of you, too.
M

Anonymous said...

HAPPY 200TH and hopefully 200 more!!!

Thank you , thank you, you are AWESOME!!!

Take care of yourself!!

I sure hope Jordan tells Wade that she is seeing JOSH and only JOSH, I don't like this guy and I hope that Anna doesn't get any crazy ideas...like she starts liking Wade, oh I would just...well I don't know what I would do....

TEAM JOSH!!!

GG

The Middle Child said...

Happy 200!! Woo hoo!!!!

When did Wade go from being an ass to Anna to trying pick her up?

That's weird.

But if he looks like Brendan Frasier... I'll take him!!

Anonymous said...

Happy 200th! And may you have many many more!

Anonymous said...

happy 200th!! we are so spoiled and we love it! THANKS...
i find myself thinking what a lot of other ppl are thinking...why is wade all 'nice nice' and trying to pick her up when just the last time they met he was such an asshole?!?!?! and wouldn't he not want to go out with her since he believed that she 'backstabbed' his sister?!?! what is up with this guy?!?!
i dunno he seems really weird..and i hate to admit kinda funny and i like it..hehe i mean .."can you bake me a cake?" lol too funni

Carmel Beauty said...

Congrats!!! I am not liking Wade but I am sure their is a reason he is being added now and why he was acting like that towards anna I just hope it's not cause he is her new love intrest.

I am soooo team josh!

Anonymous said...

Happy 200th! I have loved each one of them
L

Anonymous said...

What is up with Wade, after making such a rude ass of himself when they first met (first impressions are everything) to trying to be her best bud or whatever. Not cool, stay away from him. And Bella, she seems to be becoming a bitch. I don't think she really has spoken "nice" to Anna in the past few posts. How can she be all in love and forgiving to Jordon but still be crappy to Anna? Sorry had to get that all out.

Congratulations on the 200th post. I so love both blogs. Please continue to marvel us with your talent. And glad to hear you're doing alright, just busy. I like that you make comments to us after your posts, most bloggers don't even if you directly ask them a question. YOu are great.

Thank you again.

Chris

Hadley said...

Happy 200th! That's a great accomplishment!

If I put myself in Bella's shoes I would want to set firm boundaries with Anna too. Anna disrespected Bella and Jordan's relationship a couple of times already. If I was Bella I'd call her on interrupting too!

Wade is a weirdo going from "so glad to meet the girl who stabbed my sister in the back" to trying to pick up on Anna. Hmmm, what's he up to?

Anonymous said...

Happy 200th and here's to 200 more! :)

Bella needs to give it up. I wonder if she totally trusts Anna and Jordan that she gets so snarly. And whats up with Wade??? I mean first he's an ass to her about the kiss thing, and now he's hitting on her? Boy needs help, but maybe he's enough of a distraction for her while Josh sits on his butt. ;)

Anonymous said...

I think Bella is going to become a real bitch and mess with Jordan horribly and make it so Anna and him can't be friends.

I noticed someone else posted that Anna disrespected Jordan and Bella's relationship and I don't agree. I think Jordan instigated the issues and Anna just didn't stop it when she should have. All though I agree bounderies were crossed by both of them I don't think it is fair to put all the blame on Anna.

Great posts on both blogs!

Nicole

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah and I think Bella is pushing Wade to hit on Anna to keep her away from Jordan?!

Am I right?

Nicole

MonkeySpeak said...

I don't think Bella's attitude is precidented. She is only blaming Anna for what happened, and doesn't seem to place any responsibility on Jordy... plus she BEGGED anna to set them up.... so come what may with that.

At least Josh understands that what happened was BOTH of their fault.

I completely agree with Nicole. I don't like Bella and I don't like Wade. He seems to be pushing Anna as well. People don't seem to respect her boundries and I am sorry... Anna saw them from afar, she called out to them - if none of the drama had gone down, Bella wouldn't have been so cold. Her jerk of a brother was harrassing Anna... it wasn't as if Anna was trying to weasle her way into their time together, she was asking them to please get Wade off her case.

Hadley said...

When I said Anna disrespected Bella and Jordan's relationship I was thinking of that night out at the bar when they all went out together and Anna acted like she owned Jordan and ignored Bella and Josh. That one was all Anna.

The kiss was on both Anna and Jordan though. They both disrespected each other's relationships and their own with that one. Jordan shares the blame, for sure. We all seem to accept that Josh has reason to not be thrilled with Jordan...why doesn't Bella get the same leeway?

Josh did take the high road by being civil to Jordan though...classier. I don't think Bella's way is necessarily the best way, but I can understand how Anna wouldn't be her favorite person!

Jen said...

I DO NOT like Bella

Lynn said...

I don't see how Anna could have been interupting Bella and Jordan's conversation since they were also shopping in Walmart. They might have been discussing whether to buy plain or rippled chips, but I doubt the conversation was important enough for Bella's snarly attitude.

But that is just my opinion

tita said...

I really don't know why but...I hate Wade...He seems so umbereable and stupid with those dumb actions, please Anna make him dissappear!!
XOXO

Anonymous said...

Yes...Anna, make him go back home already, how long is his visit suppose to be anyway?

Jordan - Friend
Josh - Boyfriend/Husband

TEAM JOSH!!!!

GG

Anonymous said...

I am still so on Team Josh. Going back and re-reading this blog from the beginning; well even though it sounds dopey to say: it makes my heart hurt a little that they are going through such a rough patch.

I do think they rushed things, and that taking a breather and building a foundation will be really good for them. But still, I miss reading the lovey-doveyness that made them so sweet in the beginning.

They should start doing sweet things for each other again. And sweet doesn't have to mean blurring the lines between friendship and lovers.

I guess what I'm trying to say, is I kind of miss the "old" Anna & Josh.

Lynn Schwartz said...

I agree, I miss the old Anna and Josh. And Bella's reaction? God, take a Midol. Josh is upset about Jordan and Anna, but he didn't get snippy and mean. Bella knew about their relationship and begged Anna to hook them up. I don't even know where to begin with Wade though... I really don't get him.

P.S. I just start a new blog, well another one [I'm the old write of Cassy's life]. Check it out sometime.


http://lynnssdiary.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Sadness! No post today? :-(

I know you've got lots going on, so take care and I look forward to the next entry! :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy 200th! Here's to 200 more...
Stacey

Anna said...

there is one today, it's just really really late.

I just took a nap...a totally unexpected 'I just sat down to take take a phone call on my big comfy couch and fell asleep' type nap...you all have done that...right? ~g~