Saturday, March 17, 2007

Moonlight Madness?

I don’t know how but we ended up in his bed. Ok, I know how! I mean I don’t recall actually moving from the living room to his room. From the moment his lips touched mine it seemed my mind stopped and my heart took over.

Josh was still above me, although the waves of passion had long since gone. For some reason he didn’t move to lay down beside me, he seemed content to crush the bejesus out of me. “Josh?” I barely managed to squeak his name, he was seriously squishing me.

He jumped slightly, “Hmmm?” He gave his head a tiny shake as if he was trying to wake up.

“You fell asleep on me?” I gasped.

“Yes,” he nodded sheepishly. “I’m so sorry honey.” He lifted his body from mine and instantly the cool air surrounded me and I started to shiver. Once he was settled on his side me pulled me into his arms and covered us up. “Cold?” His questioning whisper caressed my ear as his hand ran over my naked flesh, giving me goose bumps for a whole other reason.

Nodding, I wiggled back against him, trying to steal his warmth. I thought he was going back to sleep so I didn’t say anything. We laid there in silence in his semi darken room, the moon was the only source of light for us. I was about to nod off when he shifted his weight and rolled over onto his back, letting the cold at me again. “Hey!” I groaned, turning around quickly to snuggle up against him again.

“Sorry,” he chuckled and tucked the blankets around my shoulders. “Is that better?”

Giving him a gentle squeeze, I smiled. “I’m just perfect now.”

“Good,” he smiled, I think he did. I could see his cheek move, so I’m assuming he was smiling. “So how much trouble would I get in if I tell you this wasn’t part of my plan when I got in the blanket?”

Frowning, I raised myself up on my elbow and looked down at him. “What do you mean? What was your plan?”

“Well,” he retucked the blankets around my body. “All I was planning on was to get you half naked and cuddle with me on the couch.”

“Why?” I asked cautiously.

He lifted his hand to my face and brushed my hair behind my ear. “I didn’t know if I had the energy to make love to you like you deserve.”

I chuckled, “Oh we both know that wasn’t an issue. What made you change your plan?”

Josh took a deep breath, “Oh I don’t know, could’ve been the curve you threw me, acting all innocent and then striping like you did.”

I grinned, “But I am innocent!”

Springing to his side, Josh turned me over onto my back as he chuckled. “Well if you were, which I know you weren’t, you certainly aren’t anymore.” He lowered his head, brushing his lips against my cheek. “Anna, you make me feel so alive.”

I couldn’t think of anyway to respond to that, anything I thought of just sounded so silly to me, so I did the only thing I could think of, I wrapped my arms around his body, holding him tight as I pressed my face against his neck. “I love you Josh,” I whispered against his skin. I felt his lips move on my shoulder, “Me too Anna. Me too.”

It’s hard to tell how I felt every time he uttered those words but as I laid in his arms, I knew that I never wanted to be without him, I never wanted him to stop saying those three little words.

Time passed but we weren’t any closer to sleeping. He seemed restless, every ten minutes he'd rolled onto his back or his side and each time he did, I had to move with him. Finally he sighed and sat up, “I’m sorry I just can’t seem to fall asleep.”

Sitting up with him, I gently began to rub his back. “Something on your mind?” I knew it was a stupid thing to ask, I was betting he was thinking about Jesse.

He glanced at me and nodded, “I can’t help but wonder if Roy will find something out and how soon it will be. I just want to have Jesse here where I know he’s safe.” He fell back against the bed and tugged at my arm to get me to join him. “There have been many nights where I got up, drove to Carol’s and sat outside their house waiting, hoping for something to happen so I could go and grab Jesse and take him away.” He ran his hand through his hair, “I know it’s wrong but I’ve gotten here some days when I had him, packed up a lot of our stuff, put it in the car and left town. Of course, I always come back because if I do take him away like that I can ruin any chance I have at custody. But it’s so damn tempting Anna.”

“Josh, Roy will find out what is going on over there and you will get custody of Jesse.”

He kissed my forehead, “Honey how do you know? Nothing is for sure. I’m a single guy, with a full time job, what judge in their right mind is going to give me custody of a 2 year old who I’d have to put in day care while I work?”

“Well it’s happened before Josh, there’s no reason it can’t happen now.”

“But Anna if there’s nothing going on over there, the court won’t take him away from Carol.” He gave a pathetic chuckle, “Is it horrible to wish that they are doing terrible things? That they are evil people just because I want my son?” He groaned, “God, just listen to me. ‘I want’, it’s not what I want it’s what’s best for Jesse!”

I waited a moment to see if he was done, he didn’t say anything else, so I did. “Josh there is something going on over at Carol’s, maybe they aren’t doing anything to Jesse, maybe he’s just seeing something. But whatever it is, it’s scaring him enough that he has such a violent reaction when he sees his mom or thinks he has to go back there. No court in their right mind will let her continue to have custody of him when you are able to provide such a loving and nurturing environment for him. Sure, you work full time but your job is Monday to Friday during the best times for the greatest daycare around and you have all the major holidays off. Even without the day care, you have family and friends who would do all they could to help you adjust to having Jesse while you work. Nothing is impossible Josh not if it matters as much to you as I know Jesse does.”

He was quiet for so long after I stopped talking that I was wondering if I upset him or put him to sleep. “Josh?” Reaching up, I touched his cheek and immediately his hand captured mine.

“Marry me.”

10 comments:

Anna said...

Good Morning Everyone! How are we all on this cold Saturday morning? DId you know it's snowing here? That's right, I guess it was too much to hope that winter was over ~is just trying to distract from the shock you all must be feeling after reading this post~ It's seriously snowing though ~l~

Laura, I'm glad you are warming up to Josh, he takes a while to understand ~g~

For those who missed my comment yesterday...'once in this life' link is on the top left for everyone's clicking pleasure ~l~

oh my lord zara nursing school? ~envies you~ well except for the ooey grossness that I'm sure you'll have to deal with...I don't wish that on my worst enemy ~l~

There's a big difference in writing the two different blogs, this one takes a lot of time but the other one is more of a real blog, where you get snapshots of events, not the whole story. Or that's what I'm hoping it will be, who knows...I'm so indecisive ~l~

~g~ I hope everyone has a good day...I'm waiting to see what you all think of this post ~s~

Anonymous said...

~gasp~ ~gasp~
is he serious???!!!!!OMG !!what's her answer!!!!
but as much i love anna and josh together it might be too soon for marriage. like what zack stated: they don't know how things will turn out when josh is going back to work and anna is doing nightshifts again.it would raise the chances for josh getting jess. although i don't think that would be the right reason to get married.

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! i wonder what annas going to say. as much as i like josh it is way too soon, and josh hasn't even started working yet...well we;ll know soon enough!!

i love this blog! THANKS!!!

B

Anonymous said...

Wow you can't leave us like that for God sake I won't be able to sleep tonight lol..... Love your blog I started reading it yesterday and I just couldn't seem to stop I like Jordy a lot but Josh is something else. I hope anna says yes to that proposal b/cuz then Josh will have more posibilities of having custody of Jesse. Carol and Phil well can't wait to see what their little secret is all about. And well I was going to suggest that Josh will remind Anna of that night they danced, because seriously I'm still wondering what he was really thinking that night. I'll let it up to you keep up the great work and pleaseeee spoil us today you can't just leave us like that :(.. Hope the weather gets better as for where I live is sunny and perfect, probably 70 degrees man I was so ready for winter to be over. Thanks again for the blog.

Anonymous said...

WOW, I really didn't see that coming. I like how you surprise us! I would beg for this to be a second post day but I am going to be in a St. Pattys parade tonight. So I won't be around! It is in the 60's today so it will be a chilly parade!
L

Anonymous said...

OH YEA!!! I hope that Anna says yes because then Josh her and Jessie can be a family. I don't think that it's to soon because who can be a judge on how long it takes someone to fall in love. It seems that they had a feeling when they danced and now that they are together Josh knows what he wants and so does Anna. It would just work so perfectly! That way Anna could be with Jessie during the day while Josh is at work and then Josh will be with him at night when Anna is at work and take it from experience you can spend time with someone when you work a schedule like that! OH I HOPE ANNA SAYS YES!!!

LDRN said...

Think I have to disagree that this is a 'great thing'. Anna & Josh still don't know each other very well. Although I've seen where some folks get married quickly, etc, and make it, no judge in his/heer right mind would grant custody to EITHER unstable household.....
If I were Anna, I would explain to Josh that it could be used against him when it comes to full custody. Plus, he hasn't even gone back to school from the break, right? Didn't anna's bro warn her about that?
Either way, my heart is torn b/c I'd love for her to say yes, but I know how difficult it is when you are dealing w/custodial issues, esp when households change so quickly...
Maybe her SIL could come in & watch Jesse (like an at-home day care, and he could play w/Conner), and that could be a plan of Josh's when he goes to court....Then it wouldn't be Anna watching him/caring for him. I'd honestly like them to date a little longer before they get married. She could say 'yes' now, but put some conditions on it, like to not tell anyone until the custody thing blows over, etc...this would help his case (plus she doesn't need to move in with him or anything either)
Also, how about Anna get a different job? She'll have to contribute to the household (HS teachers don't make very much) & probably want something to 'do.' I dunno, I'm thinking management or sales--something more porductive than hourly wages...
PS--I'm a nurse & loves my job! I deliver babies!!!

Anonymous said...

i don't think he really meant it. not to be mean but i joke around with my boyfriend a lot and when he does something sweet i'm like 'will you marry me?' although there is a big difference in teenagers and in adults. i think if he is serious they should be engaged but not married for a few years.. not only because you KNOW everyone is going to freak out and tell her she's making a mistake because it's early, but because it really is early.. not that i think they're going to break up or anything..
in real life today, i have a cheerleading competition but i wanted to read before i went.. wish me luck!

Anonymous said...

WHOA!!!! Can't wait to read tomorrow's. I wonder what she'll sat. I think it will be too soon also, but maybe they will be engaged for a while.

Vikki

Anonymous said...

Just read today's entry..what a suprise :O:O Can't wait to see what's going to happen next.

Anna, just wanted to say that I love it when I read something and I can feel exactly what the characters are feeling and I just wanted to say that everytime I read this blog it's like I'm there with the characters. Thumbs up for your writing and thanks for being so dedicated that we get a new entry every day ! :)

Viv