Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Left Behind

I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry as I stood in the middle of Josh’s living room just staring off into space. Where the hell did he go? Who was on the phone? Why can’t he wait? Then I had a thought the upset me, would he be running off to see some other woman? That could explain why he ran off without an explanation and why he can’t wait to get there. I found the need to cry overpower the desire to laugh, he wouldn’t do that after telling me he loved me and wanted me around, would he?

I probably stood in that one spot for about twenty minutes debating in my head whether he would in fact cheat on me; finally I gave myself a mental slap. No! He’s not that type of guy. If he was something would have happened between us a lot earlier than now. Like that night in the bar. Stop getting yourself worked up over nothing, I lectured myself.
Trust him!

After that little mental workout, I felt better about myself and my relationship with Josh. But that still don’t explain why he left in such a hurry, I frowned.
Where did he go? And am I supposed to wait around for him to come home?

I threw my hands up and growled, “I’m friggin losin it!”

“Losing what?” Came a question that I wasn’t expecting.

I froze, am I hearing voices now? Cautiously, I turned to look over my shoulder and smiled. “Hey there.”

He smiled at me, “Did you find what you thought you lost?”

I glared at him, “How dare you scare me like that! I thought you left!”

“I did,” Josh came closer to me, “I got to the end of the block when I turned to the passenger seat and couldn’t believe you weren’t there!”

I laughed, “Oh my god, you thought I was with you?”

He nodded, “In my excitement, I guess I didn’t even think about the fact that I didn’t ask you to come with me.” He grabbed my hand, “Come on!”

I barely had time to throw on my jacket and boots; he was tugging impatiently at my arm. “Josh!” I batted at him, “Give me a second to get my stuff on.”

“But honey, we need to go now!” I looked at him and I swear he was bouncing, like Jesse does when he’s excited, and seeing him do that made me smile.

“Josh where are we going in such a hurry?” He just stood there gently tugging at my arm, grinning like a fool.

7 comments:

Anna said...

~g~ just a tiny post to make you guys want more...I'm evil that way ~l~

Anonymous said...

well i definately feel a little better towards josh, i was like 'what is she supposed to do, sit around and wait for him? sheesh!'

Anonymous said...

yeeeeeeiiiii double post!!!!!!

PCS

Anonymous said...

Anna I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! great job as per usual!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gawd, (a double post, I am so giddy right now) you are MEAN, in a nice way, because you really didn't have to post this and that was very nice (mean) of you, thank you!!!

Can't wait for the rest of it later on this morning, this just gets better and better (could Josh be getting custody of Jesse?).

I LUV this blog, please don't ever stop writing it!!!

G

Mehreen said...

That was SERIOUSLY evil Anna...but how cute of Josh to return!

Anonymous said...

LOVED THE POST!!! And YAY!!!! for the double.

Vikki