Monday, March 26, 2007

Sleep In

It was dark still when I woke up, there were signs that it was getting closer to daylight but the darkness was hanging on. Rolling over, I watched Josh’s chest rise and fall with every breath he took. Just being with him made me happy and there was nothing I liked more than to watch him while he slept but of course as I watched him, I wanted to touch him and then that always seemed to lead into much more exciting moments.

Glancing at the clock to see how much time I had before he got up, I was shocked to see it was 6:30. “Josh?” I called as I gently shook his arm.

“Hmm?” He rolled over and pulled me close, his lips brushing against my forehead.

“Honey, it’s 6:30. Aren’t you going for a run?” I found out on Tuesday morning that Josh likes to start his day out really early when he’s working; he has a school day routine I guess you could say. At 5 am his clock goes off and by 5:50, 6 at the latest, he is out the door for a run and doesn’t get back until close to 7. When he gets home, he eats the bagels that he bought from the local bakery on his way home and then he jumps in the shower. By 8 he is out the door to start his working day. From 8 until 9 he spends time with some of the kids who arrive early for school, sometimes he supervises them playing in the gym, other times he is challenged to a game of one-on-one. He then teaches from 9 to 3, mainly gym classes but he can and will fill in when other teachers are sick. After school, for an hour or two, he supervises kids that want to hang out in the gym and offers help to anyone who needs a little extra with their homework in other subjects. And that doesn’t include the time he spends with his school teams, at school and during tournaments.

It was easy to see why Zach said that things would be different when school started again, Josh doesn’t have much spare time by choice. Josh told me that when Jesse isn’t around he keeps himself busy so he doesn’t notice his absence as much. With his schedule, Josh normally wears himself out by 9, so by the time I get off work; he’s sleeping or trying to sleep.

“Honey?” I tried again to wake him. “Your run?”

“Not going,” Josh mumbled as he shifted his position until he was face to face with me. “I wanted to spend as much time as I could with you this morning.”

I smiled, “You know it’s ok to admit that you are tired and want to sleep in.”

Josh opened one eye and peered at me, “That’s not it.”

“No?”

His other eye opened, “No, it’s not. In fact,” pushing back the blankets he jumped out of bed. I didn’t have the time I would’ve liked to admire his naked form; he grabbed hold of me and pulled me out of bed as well. “We could stand here until I have to go or we can do something else entirely, I just want to spend time with you this morning.”

“Wh-why th-is morn-ing?” I asked, my teeth chattered from the cool air in his apartment.

Wrapping his arms around me, he nuzzled my neck, causing shivers of another kind. “Just felt like I haven’t seen you that much lately.”

“Josh, can we please get back into bed? I’m freezing!” He didn’t answer at first; he was too busy trying to warm my skin with his hands and lips. “Please Josh?”

“If you insist,” he grinned as he crawled back in bed. I crawled in behind him and wasted no time snuggling up to him for warmth. I love being in his arms. I love how safe I feel when he is holding me tight. I love to press my face against his skin and breathe in his scent. And most of all I love being pressed against his body, feeling every inch of him, knowing that I will never have enough of him, I will always want him, need him, love him. “How was work last night?”

I shrugged, “It was the way I expected it to be. I was busy because no one seems to know how to stock anything and customers kept coming over needing help.” I grinned, “It was awesome.”

Josh laughed, “Only you would enjoy that.”

“Well, I like the helping people find what they are looking for part the most. Especially when it’s for the child who is there with them, just seeing the child’s eyes light up, is the best part.” I went on to tell him about Hank and Jenna. “It’s strange though,” I said when I was finished my story. “Jenna looks so familiar to me and I don’t know why.”

“Maybe because you know her parents? Did you know Hank before you saw him with Jenna?”

I shook my head, “He told me he isn’t her father.” Josh gave me a funny look. “It sort of came out, I’m not really sure why he said it now. What?”

“He isn’t hitting on you, is he? Trying to pick you up, using the little girl?”

“No!” I laughed, “Oh honey that’s just horrible!”

“Well, I need to ask these things, you did say you’ve seen him a lot since you met him.” He was smiling so I knew he was kidding but I still couldn’t believe he said it.

Shaking my head I muttered, “I can’t believe you said that.”

Josh kissed my forehead, “I’m not naïve enough to think that guys don’t hit on you when I’m not around. Hell, I’m sure some of them would even hit on you when I’m at your side.”

“But I’m not interested in anyone but you, so there’s nothing to worry about.” I kissed the tip of his nose, “You are stuck with me Joshua Barker.”

His arms tightened around me as his mouth turned up into a huge grin, “I’m not complaining!”

“So I was thinking,” Josh spoke again after a moment of silence, his fingers slowly trialed up and down my spine as he spoke. “Tomorrow after you get off work we should pack an overnight bag and head up to my family’s cabin. We could spend the night in front of the fireplace with some hot chocolate, maybe talk.” He drew back slightly, “Or anything else that comes to mind.”

I chuckled at his smile, “That sounds nice honey but I can’t.”

“Why not?” His hand stilled on by back, he wasn’t happy.

“Tomorrow is Jordan and Nick’s birthday, we have long standing plans. I can’t break the plans at the last minute, even if your idea sounds a million times better than theirs.” I sighed; I love the idea of getting away with Josh for the night. “I’m sorry.”

Josh shrugged, “No problem. I shouldn’t have assumed that you wouldn’t be doing anything. It’s fine, go hang out with your friends, we can always do something Sunday before you work.”

I didn’t believe him when he said it wasn’t a problem, I know that I wouldn’t feel that way if it was me. “I was going to ask you to come with me.”

He rolled onto his back, away from me, “I don’t know Anna, I’m not exactly Jordan’s favorite person, and I wouldn’t want to ruin his birthday.”

“Josh if you don’t go Jordan will wonder where you are, trust me. He may not have been that friendly to you before but I know that won’t be the case from now on.” Josh started to dispute that but I stopped him. “Josh he told me that he knew we were good for each other, he told me he wasn’t going to let me screw this up because it was clear we loved each other.” I smiled, “He also told me I was cramping his style.”

“Cramping his style?” Josh laughed, “Well what do you have planned?”
I went on to tell him about my plans, all of them. He laughed in spots and was shocked in some others but in the end he agreed to go with me.

“Now, if I could just find someone for Jordan, it would be the best birthday ever for him.”

8 comments:

Anna said...

Good Moring Everyone!

Sorry about yesterday...I am feeling better today, I think ~l~

I don't know if I'm easy to please or just plain boring...but I find that nothing beats lying in my guy's arms while we talk. It always feels like everything will be ok no matter what is going on.

It's a slower post today...but it's all good ~s~

Have a great day and I'll see you all tomorrow! ~s~

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better...
L

Anonymous said...

Let's Party!!! LOL - can't wait to see what happens.

Misty

Anonymous said...

i really love that you post so frequently. makes it so much easier to get my daily fix!!
thanks!

~willow~

Anonymous said...

I second that emotion Anna. Strong arms are one of my favorite male body parts ~g~

I can't wait to see what happens with the party. Should be entertaining!!!

Great post

Vikki

Anonymous said...

i agree. my boyfriend is big and strong, and nothing feels better then laying in his arms at night talking about our future. :)

-kristen

Anonymous said...

I Cant wait until the next post...I want to see jordan's reaction when Josh shows up to his party. I would really flip out if jordy has a girl and maybe anna would get jealous???....that would be interesting. But anyways what ever happens i noe it will be nothing sort of GREAT! Anna, i love these posts...their so addicting and i can't get enough! I absolutely love them and i hope you never stop!!!! I also love your other blog. THANKS FOR POSTING!!!!!!!!!!!
-J
P.S im happy your feeling better!

Mehreen said...

Have to agree w/all of you, love it that my boy goes to the gym b/c his arms turn me on! I'm also glad Anna's not bailing on her friends to be with Josh, hoping the party goes well!