Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Waiting To Tell

So if you are keeping track, my best friend and my brother are going to be new daddies by the end of the year. It kind of worries me though, most times when someone is pregnant you’ll hear of at least two more that you know who are pregnant also, like it runs in threes or something silly like that. As I sat there and watched Susan come to the realization that she might very well be pregnant I thought, maybe I should have a talk with Mary and make sure Zach is fixed for real.

Susan grabbed my arm, “What am I going to do Anna?” A frown now replaced the smile that only moments ago lit up her face. “Chad and I didn’t talk about having more children, what if he doesn’t want any more?”

“Well then he should’ve been wrapped up tighter before he poked you.” I laughed so hard at my own comment until bits of my conversation with Josh last night came to mind, oh lord! The third one better not be me!

“What are you thinking?” I looked up to find Susan looking at me funny.

I shook my head, “Nothing.”

She watched me for a moment and then smiled, “Has someone been a bad girl? Is there some unprotected poking going on over here too?”

“That’s none of your business,” I said as I rolled my eyes.

“I’ll take that as a yes,” she said smiling. “So you could very well be my baby buddy.” She giggled at her own silly comment, “Jordan would be thrilled.”

I rolled my eyes again and laughed, “Jordan? Thrilled? He wouldn’t want to know.”

“Oh come on, I know he says he doesn’t want to be a dad but I see him with the kids, he loves them.” I stared at her, kind of out of the corner of my eye as I tried to figure out why she would say that about Jordan. “Anna,” she grabbed my hand. “You have to admit, having a little Jordan running around here would be nice.”

“What?” My eyes grew wide and I jumped back a little. “Susan! If I was pregnant, there’s no chance in hell the baby would be Jordan’s.”

The smile disappeared from her face. “Why not?”

“Why..?” I scoffed and shook my head. “Because I never even slept with Jordan! Any baby I have right now would be Josh’s.”

“Josh’s?” It seemed to take a moment for her to process that. “But Anna, you and Jordan are prefect together, why would you not what to have his children?”

“Well,” I smiled, “I don’t think that would be a good idea, seeing I’m in love with Josh and I want to have his babies.”

Susan shook her head and mumbled something about having a great thing right in front of me all this time. “Don’t rush into parenthood with him just yet Anna. Get to know him better; you have only known him for a short time.” Not long after she said that, she told me she had to call Chad so I left her alone to do so as I headed for the living room.

In the living room, the TV was on but no one was watching it, all three of them were sitting off to one side playing with Conner’s trucks. “I’m coming to help, don’t go anywhere” Jordan joked as he pushed a tow truck along the carpet towards Conner, whose car was off the ‘road’.

“Uncle Jordy, I can’t go anywhere, I’m stuck!” Conner said through his giggling.

“Then it’s a good thing I’m coming to help!” Jordan replied.

I shook my head and turned to go into the kitchen. “Aunt Anna!” Krystal spotted me and they all stopped what they were doing. She jumped off the floor and dropped the truck she had, telling the boys she didn’t want to play anymore.

Conner began to whine and Jordan held his hand up to him, “Let her go man,” his voice mono toned as he told him. “Some chicks just don’t realize how cool trucks are.”

Shaking my head, I walked into the kitchen with Krystal not all that far behind me. “Aunt Anna?”

I sat down at the table, pulled a banana from the bowl there and smiled at her as I peeled it. “Want some?” I asked, breaking a piece off for her.

“Uncle Jordy made us breakfast this morning,” She said biting into the banana. “He made Conner and me pancakes with chocolate chips! I don’t think mommy liked that.” I laughed; Susan was a little strict about what she feed her family. It was unusual for the kids to eat any junk food at all, and they never seemed to mind. “But mommy had some too and she told Uncle Jordy he was an evil man.” She looked up at me, “He’s not evil, is he?”

“Sweetie, Uncle Jordy isn’t evil at all,” I smiled, “At least not all the time.”

“Hey! I heard that!” I glanced up as Jordan came into the kitchen carrying two cups. He went to the fridge and pulled out the milk, filling both cups before he turned back to me. “Did you know that pulling someone out of the ‘ditch’ in there is harder than in real life? Oh yes,” he replied to my questioning look as he walked towards us. “A certain little boy kept changing the way the car was facing, and he put obstacles in the way just as I got to the car.”

I grinned, “Oh you know you love it.”

He just smiled and returned to the living room, “How the heck did you go off the road this time? And where did that spaceship come from?” I listened for Conner’s response and just laughed.

“Aunt Anna?” Krystal tugged on my hand. “When you and Uncle Jordy get married, can I be your bridesmaid? Like we pretended when I was littler?”

I stared at her, what is with everyone suddenly pairing me off with Jordan? I was saved from answering her when her mom came into the kitchen with a huge grin on her face.

“I called him and Zach’s bringing him over.” She glanced at her reflection in the toaster and straightened out her shirt. “How do I look?” She asked us. “He’s coming over!” She squealed in delight, it was as if she never spent the last 14 years of her life living with the guy.

“You look great.” I told her as I wondered if I would be lucky enough to still be that excited to see my man after all that time.

14 comments:

Anna said...

Hello everyone!

It's a great day, although a slow post day...but I think it was needed ~g~

Rachel it's great to hear from you, I'm glad that there are so many people who have been reading this since I started...

Lynn, the twice a day posts are something that I like to throw out every now and then...a surprise and a 'thank you for reading' thing I guess ~s~ I don't know when the next one will be...

Anonymous said...

I can see how everyone would think that Anna and Jordan have something going on. When a female has a male roommate, people automatically get suspicious of that and think they are together. Why not? They are already living together. But I really don't see the two of them together, especially with the way Anna describes their relationship. I like her for Josh, they mesh well together.

But Anna had better be on her p's and q's because she could be the third... (*dun dun dunnnnnnnnn*)

Anonymous said...

Lol, seriously! I'm a little mixed on the subject. I mean my bf and I moved fast but not THAT fast. I'm a little worried but i'm sure that Anna and Josh are responsible people and will make the correct decisions if anything does come out of some " unprotected poking ".

A

Anonymous said...

Oh I want this to not put any ideas in her head about Jordan. I really like Josh and the relationship they are creating. Even if irresposible poking is going on! LOL

Anonymous said...

Great post. sometimes you just need some light comedy to break up all the drama.

Can't wait to read tomorrow's post.

(laughing) unprotected poking...priceless!!

Vikki

Anonymous said...

let them do a pregnancy test together!!!
wouldn't it be something if anna is and susan isn't pregnant. LOL it won't explain susans emotional behaviour though.
I think its sweet that susan is still exited to see chad eventhough they;ve been married for 14 years!!!!

Anonymous said...

Anna needs to take a pregnancy test! I'm dying to know if she's pregnant!

Anonymous said...

Anna, I liked todays post.. Good job. I liked the slow post and it fit the story well because life isn't all drama every single day.

La shunda- I agree with your comment- Anna & josh do mesh well and i wonder if she really is the third...

~Tara

Anonymous said...

HUGE.......NOT hugh.

Anonymous said...

I dont think having a male roomate is a big deal and im dying too to know if she is pregnant or not... hope not... pregnancy brings a hole new series of drama attached to it specially with josh being the father and ex-husband of a psico woman!!!
Anyway... another great post!!!
PCS

Anonymous said...

or maybe thats a good thing!!! the blog is just gonna get more interesting!!!!!
PCS

Anna said...

lol....well, that would explain why the word never looked right to me...but at least I consistantly got it wrong ~shrugs~ Spelling was never one of my strong points.

Anonymous said...

Great posts all the time Anna. I am currently reading 10 blogs/diaries and your's is always consistent and lengthy. What my Heart Desires is also excellent reading. I posted in that blog and mentioned your's too!!!!

Keep up the good work Anna!!

Anonymous said...

i dont think susan necessarily meant that anna and jordan r perfect 2gether bc theyre roomates...its more of the whole chemistry they have when theyre together, theyre very comfortable with each other when theyre together and anna just doesnt seem to have that with josh yet....she really ought to take a pregnancy test already.. i hope she's not pregnant though bc that would be awfully soon... its hard keeping track, how long of a time frame has this been so far? like 2 weeks?