Friday, March 9, 2007

Quality Time

To say I was happy would be an understatement, I was ecstatic that Jesse wanted me there with them. Is it wrong that I’m so happy he’s crying because I’m not there? I asked myself that question over and over on my drive to Josh’s place. I still didn’t have an answer when I ran up the stairs to his apartment.

I could barely contain my excitement when I knocked on the door; I swear I was about ready to burst. I heard Josh turn the dead bolt and I couldn’t wait for him to open the door but it seemed like I wasn’t the only one, movement at the bottom of the door caught my eye. Jesse’s little fingers were poking out from beneath the door. “Ama!” he called out.

“Jess,” Josh’s laughter carried through the door, “You’ll have to move if you want me to let Anna in.” Jesse’s fingers soon disappeared and Josh swung the door open.

“Hey Beautiful,” Josh smiled at me as he leaned against the door.

Jesse didn’t wait for me to come in; he launched himself at me and wanted to get up. When he was settled in my arms he said, “Hi booful.”

“Copycat,” Josh tried to act offended but Jesse’s laughter just made him laugh too. He slipped his arms around us and kissed my cheek, “I am so glad to see you,” he whispered, leading me inside so he could close the door.

I went to put Jess down so I could take off my jacket but he had wrapped his arms around my neck and just wouldn’t let go. “Jesse.”

“Ama,” he smiled and kissed my cheek.

I shook my head and stood back up with him in my arms, “Looks like it’s my turn to be clung too.” I told Josh as I moved Jesse to one side. “Would you care to help me out here?”

“I would love to help you out of whatever you’d like,” he told me as his hands lifted to the zipper of my jacket, tugging it down. He flashed me a sexy grin, his fingers trailed up my body to my shoulder all the while his eyes were focused on mine.

I found myself biting my lip as I stared into his eyes, I could almost tell what he was thinking as he slipped my jacket off my shoulder. Taking as step closer, I switched Jesse over to my other hip and waited for Josh’s hand to slide under my jacket.

He took a step closer to me, his left hand gently caressing my right arm which was wrapped around Jess. The knuckles on his right hand brushed softly against my cheek, instinctively my eyes closed and I tilted my head towards his hand. A soft moan escaped my parted lips as his finger began to trace their outline. When his fingers stilled, a frown found its way onto my face. He chuckled softly, moving his fingers from my mouth to the back of my neck. I felt him shift as he moved closer still to me. I knew he was going to kiss me; every nerve in my body was waiting for his lips to touch mine.

My free hand flew to his chest; I could feel his heart against my hand, I could hear my heart beating and both of our breaths had grown deeper, the anticipation was almost torture, I was so tempted to open my eyes but then I heard it. His groan the telltale sign that he had enough and needed to kiss me as much as I wanted him too. I couldn’t take the wait anymore, my hand grabbed hold of his shirt and I tugged.

Through it all I kept my eyes closed, everything feel so much more intense that way, so as I pulled him to me, I wasn’t about to open my eyes. But maybe I should’ve, if I did would I have caught the mischievous look in Jesse’s eyes? I could feel Josh’s warm breath; I knew it was only a matter of seconds, my tongue slipped out to moisten my lips. I slipped my arm around his neck as he wrapped his arms around my waist and I leaned in to receive his kiss, only his lips weren't what I felt.

My eyes flew open at the same time his did and we both looked downwards at Jesse’s hand, the only barrier stopping us from the kiss we both wanted. No! My mind screamed as I turned to Jess, who had his hand over his mouth, giggling.

How do you can you get mad at a little kid who thinks it’s funny to stick his hand in between two adults lips when they are about to kiss? You can’t, especially when that little kid is your boyfriend’s son. I closed my eyes and counted to ten before I opened them. Glancing at Josh, I noticed he was feeling the same way I was which made me feel a lot better about the situation. “Guess it wasn’t meant to be,” I joked as I gave him a quick peck on the cheek.

He rubbed his face and groaned, “I demand a rain check.”

Grinning, I readily agreed to one and then looked at Jess, who still giggling. “Oh come on, it wasn’t that funny.”

Jess threw his arms around my neck, “Ama you want to watch ‘Cars’?”

No, I want to kiss your dad! Ok, I wouldn’t actually say it, even if I was thinking it. “Didn’t you already watch that movie today?” He nodded and then asked what else we could do. I glanced around Josh’s apartment and my eyes fill on Jesse’s play table which had coloring books on it. “How about we color? Do you like to color?”

Jesse nodded enthusiastically and wiggled to get down. “We color ‘Cars’!” He exclaimed as he ran to the table and pulled out a book. “Ama, come here.” He looked over his shoulder and waved me over before turning back to flip pages in the book.

Looking over my shoulder at Josh, I found him smiling. “What?” I asked, slipping my hand in his.

“Oh nothing,” he replied as he followed me over to the table. I sat down next to Jesse and Josh took a seat on the couch. When I gave him a questioning look he smiled but didn’t say anything.

Jesse pointed to a picture of Lightning McQueen on the race track with other cars behind him. “Ama, we color this one?” I nodded when he looked at me. “Otay!” He grabbed the tub of crayons and dumped them all over the table before sitting down on my lap. “Here,” he picked up the red crayon and told me Lightning was that color as he handed it to me.

I started to color the car as he watched me, “Are you going to color too?” He nodded and picked up a brown crayon in his left hand, wrapping his entire fist around it and began to color the grass on the outside of the track.

We sat there quietly coloring, the only sound made was when he handed me another color and told me what to color. Every once in a while I would glance at Jess and chuckle to myself, he had this tendency to stick his tongue out of the left side of his mouth when he was coloring, it was so cute.

When we were half way done the picture, Jess stopped suddenly and looked up at his daddy. “Daddy come color?”

I looked up at Josh, who was lying on the couch watching us. “Yeah Daddy come join the fun.”

Josh grinned, rolled off the couch and crawling over to us. “I was enjoying watching you two,” he whispered after he got settled in behind me.

“Here Daddy,” Jesse handed Josh a purple crayon for the sky and went back to what he was coloring.

It kind of took me by surprise when Josh moved more to the left behind me, so he could reach the paper too; I had forgotten he was left handed as well.

Coloring with the two of them soon became a game of guessing which color Jess would hand us for the next part of the picture. We managed to get the picture finished and Josh held it out for us all to admire but we all just laughed at it, there was no trouble to tell who colored what. Jesse’s parts were very dark with lots of white spots, mine were light with barely any white and Josh’s were in between the two. “We should frame this masterpiece,” I joked.

Josh and Jesse looked at each other and then at me. Josh then leaned down and whispered something in Jesse’s ear which made him jump up giggling. “Ama, watch out!” He exclaimed as both of them started to tickle me.

“No!” I squirmed, trying to get away from both of them but I somehow managed to end up on my back with them on either side of me. I hated to me tickled, I laughed too much and began to snort, which I found embarrassing but they thought it was hilarious and continued to tickle me more. “Pleaa…ese….sto..op!” I begged them through my tears of laughter. Then I added the one thing I always said when I had enough. “Ooooh…I…got….t..ooo…..peeee!”

Josh immediately pulled back and stared at me. I laid there for a moment and then I turned the tables on him and Jesse joined me. He let us make him squirmed around the floor for a couple minutes before he grabbed us both and pulled us down with him. “You cheated!” I told him, trying to get out of his grasp.

He laughed, “I can’t help it I’m stronger than you are, Miss. I-Need-Too-Pee.”

“Ok,” I pouted. “I cheated as well.”

He smiled and kissed me, “Let’s call it even.”

I pretended to think about it for a moment and then agreed. “Hey, where’s Jess?”

Josh sat up quickly, looking around. “Right there.” He pointed to the couch where Jesse was curled up, sleeping.

“Oh, we tired him out.” I laughed but Josh didn’t say anything. “Josh?” I turned back to him and he was lying on his back with his eyes closed. “Are you sleepy too?” I asked as I lay down next to him.

“Mmmm,” he nodded as he glazed at me through half opened eyes.

“Why don’t you grab Jesse and we’ll all go lay on your bed?”

His eyes popped open, “Ok!” He jumped up, gently picked up Jess and started down the hall. “Last one in has to sleep next to Jess, who loves to dig his feet into your back.”

“Hey!” I jumped up and caught up to him, “What if we both get in the same time?” He just gave me a smile and winked at me.

7 comments:

Anna said...

A long post about nothing but spending time with people you love...what better way to spend the day? ~g~

Have a good day everyone ~s~

Anonymous said...

I agree. Love and family are the best! I'm glad that Anna feels needed by Jesse now instead of an interloper.

A

Anonymous said...

aaaahh... I feel so jealous now... it is so good to spend quality time with the one we love...

PCS

Anonymous said...

awee, my boyfriend lives 2 hours away..i only see him every couple weekends lately..this made me miss him even more..

Mehreen said...

Oh, just got back from Vegas and what a treat! I'm glad I was away because I would not have been able to wait between the pregnancy posts! I have a feeling that MAYBE Susan & Anna switched the tests, but who knows...that was a great post, I love to color too and I really love babies!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE JESSE!!! He is the CUTEST!!

Great post!

Vikki

Anonymous said...

You know what I like best about this blog? You update regularly (so awesome!), you don't get upset when people ask for more posts and you don't act like this is a huge chore for you. Its very refreshing to see someone so enthusiastic about posting. I read other blogs and it seems like alot of the authors have lost their passion for writing. All I hear (or rather read) is how they have lives outside of the blog and how its unrealistic to expect posts often. I realize they (and you too) have lives outside of blogs...I just think if something is important to you then you find time for it. I love that you manage to find time to balance your life and this blog and don't seem to ever complain about it. You give us great posts day after day and lose your passion for writing. So basically after this semi-rambling post I just wanted to say thank you and keep up the good work! :-D