Sunday, March 4, 2007

Deeper Into The Mess

Slowly I flipped Josh’s phone closed. Susan is at my house? What the hell is she doing there? I started for the door, I have to tell Chad. Reaching for the doorknob, I hesitated. If I tell Chad, he’ll run over there, would that be a bad thing? I had to tell someone, I needed advice.

Backing away from my door, I flipped open Josh’s cell again and laughed before closing it and flopping across the bed to grab the cordless sitting on the nightstand.

“Hello?” Josh answered on the third ring; I could hear ‘Cars’ in the background and Jesse’s laughter. I sighed; I so wanted to be there with them. “Anna? Honey what’s wrong? Is everything ok with Jordan?”

I told him Jordan was fine and asked if he had a minute, I needed some advice. When he said that he had some time, I proceeded to tell him the entire story with Chad and Susan. “So? What do you think I should do? Should I tell Chad that’s she’s there and let him go over there, probably making things worst. Or should I go talk to her and see if I can get her to come back here?”

“Honey,” Josh hesitated taking a deep breath before he continued. “I really don’t know what to tell you, if you get involved and it makes things worst, how are you going to handle that?”

I shrugged, “I don’t know. But the fact that it was Jordan that called and not Susan leads me to believe that she isn’t really ready to talk to Chad yet. If I send him over there, she may take off again.”

“Or they could talk it out.”

“Yeah, they could do that.” I groaned, “I’m sorry I dumped all this on you today when you have your own stuff to deal with.”

“It’s ok Anna, that’s what I’m here for.” He gave a little chuckle, “And besides, it’s not like I’ll be all that easy to deal with when you come over later.”

I smiled, “So how are things going?”

“Well Jess is watching ‘Cars’ for the millionth time. Oh,” he lowered his voice, “He just turned and looked at me. Now he’s coming over.”

“Who talking Daddy?” Jesse’s voice came in loud over the phone.

“Anna.” Josh told him.

Jess gasped, “Ama! I talk!” There was a little bit of static and then I heard Jesse say ‘hi Ama.’

“Hey Jess, are you having fun with daddy?”

“Daddy and Jesse play in the snow! Me make snow bear!” He went on to talk about it for a couple minutes then he stopped and took a big breath. “Ama, you come over?”

I raised a brow, you wanted me to leave, I thought. “Your daddy asked me to come over later.”

“No, now. Come see the snow bear and watch ‘Cars’!” He sounded so cute it sucked that I couldn’t tell him I’d be over.

“Jess I’m sorry, I can’t. I have to go talk to my sister-in-law and it can’t wait sweetie.”

“But Ama,” his voice was sad and low, “Daddy want Ama to come over too.”

I sighed, “I’ll be over later Jess. Can I please talk to Daddy again?”

“Otay Ama,” came his quiet reply.

When Josh came on the phone I asked him if Jess was ok and he told me Jess crawled up in his arms and was watching ‘Cars’ again. “Tell Ama come over daddy.”

I chuckled, “I wish I could but…”

“Your family needs you at the moment.” Josh continued for me. “Listen honey, I was thinking about it while you were talking to Jess. Maybe it would be best if you asked Zach, I think he might be able to help you out or maybe he can talk to her so you don’t have too. Your brother is pretty good at getting people to open up.”

I agreed and reluctantly told him I had to go. Hanging up the phone, I rolled off the bed and went to the door.

In the living room Chad was back to laying on the couch and Zach had gone upstairs according to him. As I ran up the stairs Josh’s cell rang again, it was my home number. “Hello?” I answered as I walked into the kitchen where Zach and Mary were talking.

“Anna, don’t tell the guys were I am!” Susan demanded.

“Ummm,” I looked up and Zach was watching me. “Ummm, I said I’d be right over...Jordan.”

“Good, just please don’t tell them.” Susan pleaded before she hung up the phone.

“Anna?” Zach came over to me; he was giving me this look that made me think he knew who I was really talking too. “What’s wrong with Jordan?”

“Umm, he…umm…I mean, his…” I sighed and stared at the phone in my hand. “I need to go home.”

“Uh huh,” Zach’s hand wrapped around my elbow and he moved in closer to me. “Was that Susan?”

“No,” I shook my head and chuckled nervously, “I told you it was Jordan.”

“Anna look at me.” I shook my head and Zach’s hand went to my chin and made me look up at him. “You suck at lying. Susan is at your house?”

“Shhh!” I looked around the room, then back at him. “I didn’t know until Jordy called, she spent the night there.”

Zach released me and crossed his arms over his chest. “I see.”

“She just called and asked me not to tell you guys where she was.”

He nodded, “I see.” He looked pass me and I turned around quickly expecting to see Chad standing there but there wasn’t anyone there. Turning back to him I gave him a questioning look. “Ok, here’s what you are going to do. You are going to go home and get Susan to come back here. Or call Chad. Do whatever you can to get her to talk to him; they need to talk and the sooner the better.”

I nodded and then frowned, “But what do I say to her?”

Zach rolled his eyes, “Whatever you do don’t go in there and tell her to come back here. Get her to talk to you about what happened, see how she’s feeling and be supportive of her but don’t forget that you want her and Chad to talk. Don’t get so caught up in her anger that you convince her to really leave him.” I went to say something but he stopped me. “There’s no time for that, just go.” He began to shove me towards the door.

I was shaking as I put on my jacket and boots; I was trying to think of what to say to Susan. Oh my God, I can’t do this! What if I screw up and she gets madder? Chad will kill me. I looked up at Zach, fear written all over my face. “None of that,” he turned me towards the door as he leaned over and opened it. “Go make me proud,” he said as he shoved me onto the front step and closed the door behind me.


Oh lord! I looked upwards and said a silent prayer.

10 comments:

Anna said...

It's snowing...I knew the plus 5 yesterday wasn't a good thing! ~l~

Weekends are slow for comments, I guess everyone has more important things to do than read here...it almost makes me think I should not post on the weekends...then I'm like, 'nah!'...~g~

C - I grew up in Newfoundland...in the Trinity Bay area...~g~

Well I'm off to get some breakfast, I hope everyone has a great day!

Anonymous said...

awesome post. :)..love the story. and yes you should deffinately keep posting on weekends.

Anonymous said...

I never post but I will just so you know I check this blog every day, even when I'm miserably sick like now.....

Nic said...

No, don't stop posting on weekends. I check everyday for a new post, just because your blog has become addictive and I just need more (like any junk :P).

Anonymous said...

i've found the only way to get mentioned by you is to give you tons and tons of PLEASE POST MORE PLLEEEAASSEE POST MOREEE a bajillion times, and since i don't normally do that because i figure that you know from EVERYONE else's comments that your a fantastic writer and you should write a book and we all LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog and EVERY DAY we want you to post 90 blogs so we can just continually read, i'll just talk about the post.

i think that susan likes anna because that's the house she went to.. i think that anna will do a better job at making her feel better than she thinks she will... good job jordan for keeping her there and letting her stay and being the nice guy!

Anonymous said...

i think she is going to do fine.

Yea, i check this blog every day when i am at work.. ok, i lie, i check it about 3 times a day when i am here (only place with a computer and i practically live here). :) i love this blog becuase most dont post on the weekend. What am i to do with 12 hours and nothing to read? and a whole weekend without an Anna/Josh/Jordan/Jesse fix... ha, yea right.

Anonymous said...

I am loving that you post on weekends.
I am looking forward to the post where Anna talks to Susan. This should be good. We have Chad's version and I wonder how different her version of what happened will be. Maybe the 2 sides will be the same. HMMMM....
L

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see how the talk goes.


P.S.

You can't not post on the weekends!!! My life would stop as I know it. I love reading this blog, and everyday I have something that makes me happy or sad but nonetheless addicted. Would you like to take that away from me? I don't know what I would do. :)

Anonymous said...

nooo! i love it that you post everyday, and with that i mean EVERY DAY!! even on weekends and with double posts now and then (hint hint, LOL i know i'm spoiled... but i'm also addicted!=)
I agree with L. I'm also curious about Susans version of the story. i mean girls often see things that guys don't right?

Anonymous said...

Anna, no weekend posts?? That's crazy talk!!! I check everyday all day until I see a post to read.

Back to the story...I am sooo glad that things are returning to normal with Jordan and Anna. I hope Anna can compose herself and convince Susan to talk to Chad and actually hear him out.

Can't wait to read tomorrow's entry!

Vikki