Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Let The Party Begin

Josh was half wake as he rolled onto his side towards me. “You are evil,” he mumbled as my cell phone rang for the second time. We knew my phone would ring around this time; we were prepared for it, “Are you going to answer it?”

Pushing myself into a sitting position I held my cell in my hand, “Just letting it ring once more,” the third ring came. Flipping my phone open, I said hello and waited.

“You are dead! I hate you!” Beside me Josh chuckled, he heard what Jordan had said, it wasn’t that difficult for him to hear since Jordan was speaking so loudly.

I laughed, “Oh that sucks because I love you Jordy.”

“Anna how could you do it? Why would you do it?” He asked with a groan.

“Because I wanted to wish you a ‘happy birthday’ at the right time.”

“Are you crazy? Did I do something to upset you, is that why would you set your alarm clock to go off at three in the morning?”

“Happy Birthday Jordan.”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah.” He yawned.

“So we’ll see you tonight?”

“Yeah,” he yawned again. I went to hang up but he stopped me. “One more thing Anna.”

“What’s that?”

He didn’t say anything for a moment but I heard some rustling around on his side of the phone. “Just so you know because you woke me up and I don’t feel like moving, I’m sleeping in your bed for the rest of the night.”

I glanced at Josh who could still hear Jordan; he shrugged and went to lie back down. “Ok Jordy.”

“Oh I’m also horny and naked. Night.” Jordan hung up the phone.

I sat there staring at the phone hoping that I didn’t hear him correctly but one glance at Josh told me I did, he was laughing into his pillow. “It’s not funny! I’m going to have to burn my bed now!” But he didn’t see it that way, my reaction only made him laugh harder. “It’s not funny,” I repeated as he pulled me into his arms again.

“I don’t really think that he is naked Anna.”

“You don’t know Jordan that well then, he could very well be naked and…” I couldn’t even say it.

Josh kissed my shoulder, “Then we’ll go looking for a new bed for you instead of going to the pub for his party.”

I knew it wouldn’t end up that we did but just hearing him say it, having him try to make me feel better, made me feel better. “I love you.”

****

“You did what?” Josh looked at me in disbelief. “Anna you don’t even know the guy and you invite him to hang out with us tonight?”

“A little higher on that end,” I pointed to his left. Josh was helping me put up the pictures of Jordan and Nicky when I told him about running into Hank earlier. “He doesn’t know anyone in town; I thought it would be nice for him to meet some fun people.”

“Is that right?” He nodded towards the board he was holding, when I said it was he pinned it in place and turned towards me. “Anna what if he misunderstood what you meant? What if he thinks you invited him because you were interested?”

I rolled my eyes. “Hank isn’t after me Josh.”

“How do you know?” He asked me as I turned to put away the tacks and left over party decorations.

“I just do, alright?”

“No, it’s not alright. Anna,” Josh turned me around to face him. “I know you are just trying to be nice because you feel sorry for the guy but I really don’t think that tonight was a good idea.”

“Why isn’t tonight a good idea?” We both turned around at the sound of Nick’s voice. “What’s going on?”

“Hey you guys! Happy birthday!” I gave Nick a hug and kiss on the cheek before moving on to Jordan. As I did that Josh filled them in on Hank’s invitation to the party tonight.

“I just don’t think it’s a good idea, it doesn’t feel right.” He told them.

“Well,” Jordan glanced between Josh and me. “There’s nothing we can do about it now, if he comes then we’ll deal with it.” He moved in closer to Josh, “Don’t worry; I got your back if he tries anything with your girl.”

I raised a brow at the two of them, Josh reach out and pulled me near. “Did you hear that honey?”

“Yes, I did.” I said as my hand lifted to rest against his chest. “I’m such a lucky girl to have both of you around to defend my honor.”

Josh’s hand slipped over mine, “That’s not what I meant.”

Glancing at Jordan, who was now talking to Nick, I smiled. “I know Josh; you were talking about him referring to me as ‘your girl’. I told you he was happy for us.”

“It’s still a little strange for me though, I can’t just forget that only days ago he was trying to get rid of me.” Josh saw my frown and kissed my forehead. “But I will give him a chance.”

“That’s all I ask,” I whispered as I hugged him tight.

We joined the boys and Amy at the table and soon we were surrounded by several more of the guys’ friends. It was nice to see everyone all gathered in the same place again, it had been so long and life had gotten in the way for most of us. It took a few minutes for Josh to feel comfortable around everyone, he was clearly the oldest one of the group but the moment they all realized he was Coach Baker, the talk turned to sports.

I had excused myself from the group to go order some more food/drinks and to use the bathroom. On my way out of the bathroom I happened to glance towards the door, Hank was standing in the doorway, scanning the crowd. When his eyes slid over me, he smiled and headed straight for me.

“Hey there,” I said when he finally made it over to me. “I see you decided to come after all.”

“Yeah, I didn't like the look of my four walls." He told me as his eyes travelling over my body. "Wow, you look amazing."

18 comments:

Anna said...

Good Morning Everyone!

Anonymous said...

Uh oh I feel the tension already!! : ) Tomorrows post is going to be a good one!

Anonymous said...

Oh boy...I hope Josh missed his eyes looking over her!
L

Anonymous said...

uh oh i smell trouble....

Anonymous said...

How about a two post day?......this is getting too good!!

Anonymous said...

EEEK!

We'll see what happens but there's something fishy here. Hooray for more drama!

Anonymous said...

two post day!
two post day!!
please please?

Anonymous said...

ooo geez

B

Anonymous said...

This can't be good!!! I'm with everyone else - two posts would be really great right now. Anna, you are a great writer. Thank you for keeping us all entertained and on the edge of our seats.

Misty

Anonymous said...

yeahhhh double post.... please please please please please please please please please please
;););)
PCS

Anonymous said...

Let the DRAMA begin!!!!

I can't wait to see what happens next!!

Maybe I'll find out later today (hint hint) Just kidding (but not really LOL!)

Vikki

Anonymous said...

TROUBLE......... lol I wanna see Josh's and Jordy's reaction to this

Mehreen said...

Drama building...can't WAIT to see (read) what happens next! I want to like Hank, don't make him a skeeveball!

Anonymous said...

fight fight fight fight!!! LOL
neh i don't think josh will hit him unless he's really hitting on anna =)
i'm really curious how josh will take this!!!!

Anonymous said...

one of the reasons i love this blog, it that she keeps us hanging, but only for a day.

i love this blog anyway. i hate other ones about work. but even annas work is interesting....

Anonymous said...

OMG THIS IS HILARIOUS....i have a feeling that hank is going to get his ass kicked if he does anymore flirting with anna!!!!! OH....i can't wait....i hope there is a fight!!!!

Anonymous said...

This Hank dude is really weird. He spends all this time taking care of his g/f's daughter (who is not his own) and she just takes off on him? You know I'm thinking that this little girl might be familiar to Anna because she is Phil's daughter??? I could be off base here but that's my guess. Ta ta for now!

Anonymous said...

i agree w. zara i think the little girl is philps daughter, i cant wait to see whats going to happen....