Friday, March 16, 2007

Getting Ready For Good Night

Thankfully Josh and I didn’t stay at his parents for much longer. I don’t know if I could’ve handled anymore talk about what had happened with Jesse this past weekend. Since Josh’s dad had only just hired Roy, there really wasn’t anything he could tell us at the moment, he wanted to get the back story from Josh before he started. I think he also wanted to make sure that Josh was really interested in getting custody of Jesse for all the right reasons, not that it should really matter to him.

When we arrived back at his apartment, Josh was very quiet. We were sitting on the couch for a while, he was flipping through the channels but not resting on anything long enough to really see what was on. Although he was holding my hand it seemed like he was a million miles away. I didn’t even have to ask where he was, I knew he was thinking about Jesse and I knew that because I was thinking about him too.

One glance at the time told me that Jesse would be in bed already. I couldn’t help but wonder if he was having bad dreams about monsters and if Carol or Phil were soothing his fears or adding to them.

Josh sighed and sunk lower on the couch. When I looked at him, he gave me a tiny smile and rested his head on my shoulder. “I hate this time. I never know what to do.”

I knew I shouldn’t feel bad, I knew that his mood had nothing to do with me but yet I couldn’t help but wonder if I was enough to keep him entertained when Jesse wasn’t around. Should I have to entertain him when Jesse isn’t around?

“What do you want to do?” Josh asked me. I shrugged, I didn’t have any ideas. “Oh,” he picked at the stray lint that had gathered on my sweatpants.

“Maybe I should go?” I asked, even though I didn’t want to go. Silently, I was sending him messages to say ‘no’.

Josh shook his head, “I don’t want you to go.” He sat up straighter on the couch and wrapped his arms around me. “I like having you here; it makes me happy to be with you, even when we aren’t doing anything.”

“You aren’t the least bit uncomfortable with the silence?”

He shook his head again, “No because I know you aren’t silent because you are mad.” He smiled at me, “At least I hope I didn’t do anything to make you mad.”

I laughed, “Oh you’d know if you did.”

“Good,” He kissed my shoulder and sat there smiled at me, unblinkingly.

After the first couple minutes it began to get creepy. “Josh!”

He laughed, “Yes beautiful? Or should I say booful?”

I grinned, “I couldn’t believe it when he said that, I thought it was so cute.”

Josh pouted, “I say it and it’s all like ‘oh ok’ but he says it and you melt?”

“No! It’s not like that at all. When you say it I melt, when Jesse said it I thought it was cute that he was trying to be like his amazingly sexy daddy.”

Josh laughed out loud, “God help him if he turns out like me in the romance department.”

“Why?” I raised a brow, “Do you think you have it that bad?”

“Not at the moment no,” He poked me in the ribs, “You already know how I feel about you, and I can honestly say, I’ve never felt this way about anyone else.”

“Ooohhh!” I batted my eyes at him and held my hand over my heart, “you mean no one else has talked in circles enough to make your head spin?”

“Ah ha!” Josh shook his head, “No sweetheart you are the first.” He grabbed hold of me, pulling me across his legs until my tummy was resting on his thighs. He had an evil grin in his eyes as he looked at me.

When I saw his hand my eyes opened wide, “Don’t you dare!” I tried to wiggle off his legs but he held me tight and slapped my butt. “Abuse! Abuse!” I cried, giggling like crazy.

“Oh you know you like it,” He said as he slapped my butt once more.

“Ooooohh yeeesssss! I like it.” I replied and he froze. “What?” I looked up at him, worried that I took it a little too far.

His expression was one of terror. “You are one strange woman, you know that?” He broken out in a grin and slapped my butt once more before pulling me up into his embrace. “Good thing I like strange.”

I rolled my eyes at him, “Uh huh, whatever!”

We sat like that for a couple minutes before he patted my leg and told me to get up. “What? Why? Did I do something wrong?” I searched his face for an answer but there wasn’t one there that I understood.

“No, not at all. Patience little one, you’ll see.” He disappeared down the hall into his room and was in there for a while before he came back out, wrapped in a blanket.

I was curious, was he naked? Did I get to ‘unwrap’ him like a present? He didn’t say anything to me but he did kiss my cheek before he grabbed the TV remote and flipped the TV to an easy listening satellite radio station. Keeping the blanket wrapped around him, he moved over to the wall and played with the dimmer switch until the lights were dimmed to his satisfaction.

“Ahh, perfect.” He smiled at me and motioned for me to come closer. He didn’t need to motion more than once; I damn near leapt at him on the first one. “Whoa! Honey, I’d love to have you join me in here,” he moved his arms under the blanket. “But you don’t meet the dress code.” He sighed, “Sorry love.”

I gasped, “I don’t? What needs to change? I’ll do anything to be able to join you.”

“Hmm?” He looked down at me and my clothing; he walked around me, turned me and made me hold out my arms as he studied me. “This,” he tugged on my shirt, “And this,” he tugged at my pants, “Have to go.”

“Oh no, I can’t do that.” I exclaimed, pretending to be offended that he’d suggest such a thing.

“Then I’m afraid you can’t join me,” he sighed and flopped onto the couch making sure to keep the blanket around his body. “It’s a shame; I was looking forward to it too.”

I touched my finger to my mouth as if I was biting my nail contemplating his proposal, “But I’m a shy girl,” I whispered.

He raised a brow, “I didn’t know that.”

Twisting a lock of my hair around my finger, I swayed from side to side. “Very shy.”

He leaned back against the couch, he was absently replying to me as his eyes traveled over my body. “Well I wouldn’t want anything uncomfortable.” I gave a little chuckle and he grunted, “I meant I wouldn’t want you to do anything that would make you uncomfortable.”

I swayed back and forth to the music, “Maybe I’ll try, for you.”

Josh looked up at the sudden silky tone in my voice; he stared into my eyes until the movement of my hands at my waist drew his eyes back to my body. I moved in time to the soft sensuous music that filled the room. Letting the music take control over my body, I closed my eyes and began to remove my clothes.

I barely had my clothes off before Josh was off the couch pulling me into his arms for one of his mind melting, body trembling kisses.

14 comments:

Anna said...

Good morning everyone!

so I did like I do every morning, I checked to see if any blogs updated and I checked for new comments. There wasn't much of anything for new updates but there were a few new comments! yay! I just want to say, if I was writing this and couldn't read anyone's comments, I'd get discouraged and probably stop...but since you all like to tell me what you think about the blog...I'm a very happy blogger ~g~

Anonymous said...

I love your blogs. I've checked...oh..3-4 times this morning waiting for a new one. I am starting to warm up to Anna with Josh. I didn't like him before.
I may not get to check over the weekend but keep up the great stories.

Anonymous said...

ooooo that very entertaining!!!

PCS

Mehreen said...

LOVING THIS BLOG! And I'd love it even if you didn't update so frequently. I'm just dying to know why Phil is scared of Zach! Oh, and Diary of He (diaryofhe.redbook.ivillage.com) updated yesterday.

Anonymous said...

you rock! josh sounds like the sexiest guy ever! wish i was in that blanket with him!!

Anonymous said...

I want a guy exactly like Josh . . . well maybe not exactly but a hell of a lot like him : ) I love this blog soooo much keep writing and we'll all be here everyday!

Anonymous said...

AAAAAAWWW MAN!! Did you have to stop there?!?!?

LOL!! Great post!

Vikki

Anonymous said...

Jeez this guy is HOT!
L

Anonymous said...

Anna, can you help me out? I can't find the link to your other blog. Can you repost it?? Sorry
L

Anna said...

a link to my other blog is now on the top left corner of this page...that one that reads 'once in this life' ~g~

Anonymous said...

I have fallen in love with this blog...I JUST CANT WAIT UNTIL THE NEXT ONE! but why, oh why did you have to stop just when they started to get hot n heavy! urgg now i got to wait a whole day now to hear about anna's lovely night with Josh!!! but anyways keep posting these are FANTASTIC!!!

Anonymous said...

Very nice Anna! There are several other I read as well. Your's is one of few that post very often. If anyone interested in others let me know. Maybe when I retire I might start my own blog. However, I don't have the imagination as the writers but I do know how to write lol.

Take care all, great job Anna aka "booful". Ok back to my online poker playing :)).

Anonymous said...

Anna,

You are amazing. Not only do you find time to write one to two posts daily on "View" but now a new blog as well? Sorry I haven't posted my hoorahs and kudos lately but I'm graduating in a month from nursing school and it's very busy. I still find time to read your blog(s) tho and enjoy every minute of them!! Keep up the good work and keep em comin : )

Anonymous said...

not to sound all weird or anything, but earlier today all i could think of was how bored i was how something seemed to be missing, something daily.. and just now i was like ANNNAA!