Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Why Girls Don't Use The Mens Room!

Josh wasn’t out in the main part of the bathroom when the door closed behind me; he was locked in the only stall there, I guess the older guy was at the urinal?

Wait, what am I doing? I didn’t know what I was thinking; I don’t know why I thought coming in here would be a good idea! I glanced around the mensroom, it wasn’t really anything to look at, actually looked just like the ladies room expect for the urinal. But it was so much cleaner too. Huh, I wouldn’t have expected that one. What the hell am I doing thinking about the cleanliness of the mens room? I have to get out of here before Josh sees me; he’s so not going to understand this. He’ll probably think I’m crazy or something! And what if he’s ‘using’ the bathroom? That would be a little embarrassing. I tried not to look through the crack in the bathroom stall so it was lucky that I noticed his legs were closer to the door than they should’ve been, it was like he was leaning back against the door.

I went to turn around to high tail my little ass out of there but I heard him sigh, a sad sounding sigh and I suddenly seemed to be rooted in one spot. You need to talk to him, this may not be the best place to do it but you have to tell him what you think; you need to tell him how you feel.

When Josh started to talk to himself, I couldn’t help but listen. “You can’t hide in here forever,” he mumbled and then said something else but I couldn’t pick it out.

Hide? I raised a brow; maybe he wants to talk to me too but is afraid? I smiled but then frowned, or he doesn’t want to see you. I glanced around the room one more time before making my way over to the counter, seeing it was clean and dry I hopped up on it and waited for Josh to come out of hiding.

I didn’t have to wait too long, not even a minute after I sat on the counter, the stall door opened and Josh walked out, freezing for a moment when he saw me sitting there.

“Hi,” I half waved to him and felt stupid the second I did it so I looked away from his stare; down at my hands in my lap. I wasn’t sure what I was expecting him to say or do but I know I wasn’t expecting him to step up to the sink and turn on the water.

Turning my head towards him, I watched him squeeze some soap out of the machine and lather his hands. Watching him reminded me of the time Jesse, Josh and I all washed our hands before making breakfast the morning that Jesse decided he was going to ‘help’ and ended up with butter all up in his hair. I smiled, my eyes traveled up Josh’s muscled arms and rested on his handsome face. As he leaned forward to rinse his soapy hands, a lock of hair fell down over his forehead and I barely managed to control myself enough to not reach out and brush it back into place. I wanted to touch him so badly, I wanted to feel his hands on my skin; just having him so close to me and not knowing if I could touch him was killing me, I had to look away.

Turning off the water, Josh walked around to my other side where the paper towel machine was hanging on the wall. I listened as he pumped the handle until he had his desired amount of towel to dry his hands. I stared at the floor as he dried his hands and tossed the used towel into the trash can at the counters edge.

It wasn’t until I heard the door give a little squeak that I looked in his direction, he had one hand on the handle but he was leaning against it, not opening it. And he was staring at me, “Did you follow me in here?”

I wanted to say ‘no’ but there was no denying it. “Yes, I did.”

“Why?” he asked.

“Because I…” I was shaking and I felt the nervous feeling coming back. “…I wanted to talk to you,” I turned my head away from him. “I needed to talk to you.”

Sighing, Josh dropped his hand from the door. “Do you think this is really the best place?” I glanced at him and he spread his arms, “The mens room?”

I shook my head, “At first I thought so,” I told him with a laugh. “Now I’m not so sure.” I sat there waiting for him to say something, anything but he didn’t. “I’m not sure of much any more,” I said as I jumped off the counter and made my way over to him. “I don’t know if you want to talk to me, or see me. I should because you did say…” I couldn't repeat what he said. I sighed, looking up at him I told him he knew what he said. “But that doesn’t stop me from wanting to see you, I miss you so much.”

He looked away from me; I closed my eyes and tried not to cry. “Yeah,” I said softly as I reached for the door, “I didn’t think…”

I didn’t get to finish what I was saying, he stopped me. “Anna I haven’t come to see you because things have been crazy since that day.”

“You don’t need to make excuses Josh, its ok that you don’t…”

“I’m not making excuses!” He snapped at me. “Between the stuff going on with Carol and Phil, the firing of one of my co-workers and my mother being in the hospital – by the way, I got your message,” I looked up at him. “You have no idea how much I needed to talk to you then honey but everyone seemed to need me, everyone seemed to expect me to be the strong one and take care of everything. Dad was at my place all the time when we weren’t at the hospital, it was…” he looked so vulnerable at that moment; I couldn’t stop from going to him and holding him tightly. Josh wrapped his arms around me as he pressed his face against my neck.

I’m not sure how long we held each other tight, it felt like hours but it was probably only a minute. “So how is your mom doing?” I asked him when he moved back from me.

“Ahh,” he ran a hand over his face and sighed. “She’s doing alright; the doctor’s said that the heart attack didn’t do much damage so she was lucky. Of course dad is hovering over her, trying to make sure she doesn’t over do it but she claims his smothering is going to give her another heart attack,” Josh chuckled softly, nodding. “She’s doing well.”

“Sounds like she is,” I smiled up at him. “I’m so glad, I was worried about her.”

“I know,” he nodded again. “I wish I would’ve told you, I didn’t want you to hear about it from Cassie.”

“It’s ok,” I told him as I reached out and squeezed his arm. “I’m just glad she’s doing ok.”

Josh was about to say something when the door opened, almost knocking him in the side. “Hey Josh are you…” Mark’s voice trailed off as he saw me standing there. “Oh,” he smiled at me. “Anna, I didn’t expect to see you in here!”

I laughed, “No, it’s not a place I normally visit. Actually,” I glanced at my watch. “I should go; my food is probably ready by now.” I headed for the door but Josh stopped me.

“Mark?” Josh gave Mark a look. Mark smiled before saying ‘bye’ to me and then left. Josh waited until the door closed again before he asked me what I was doing now.

I gave a little laugh and he raised a brow. “Well,” I shrugged. “I was actually ordering food and going over to Jordan’s to see if we can’t get our friendship back in some way or if he was happy with me telling him I didn’t want to see him again.”

Josh was quiet when I finished explaining how I ended up being here to get food, not talking to Jordan, him coming over to help my brother, me missing his friendship and him not talking to me or coming in. “So he doesn’t know you are going over?” I shook my head. “You really haven’t spoken to him since February?” I nodded. “Wow,” he looked surprised. “I never thought you guys would do it.” He frowned, “It wasn’t because of us,” he motioned back and forth between us.

“Not really,” I told him. “Jordan pushed a little too hard that morning, and I snapped. I told him I didn’t want to be his friend anymore.”

I thought for sure Josh would be happy that Jordan and I weren’t talking but he surprised me. “You should go, make things right with Jordan.” When I asked him why, he surprised me even more. “I spent a lot of sleepless nights thinking about everything that happened in January. Although I don’t like what he did, I kind of admire him for putting himself out there when it was pretty certain that you would shoot him down. And I have to tell you Anna, I half expected you and Jordan to be dating by now,” I started to protest but he held up his hand. “Hear me out, I really think he does care for you. Of course, I’m hoping it doesn’t pan out as anything more than really strong friendship and he can back off and get on with his life. But I think that’s something you two have to work out now.”

“But Josh,”

He held up his hand again. “I’m not saying you have to date him or anything, I just think that until you settle whatever it is between you two, there’s no way you can seriously commit to anyone.”

A sudden emptiness settled over me, like he was breaking up with me all over again. “What are you saying Josh?”

“My mother’s heart attack made me realize that there isn’t always second chances with the ones you love the most but when those chances come, you should take them.” Josh took a deep breath and released it slowly before he spoke again. “I think we need to talk about what happened with us, I want to talk to you about us but first I want you to go to Jordan and figure out what is going on between you two. We can’t discuss ‘us’ if you aren’t 100% sure what you want.”

“I am!”

Josh gazed down into my brown eyes, “Are you sure Anna? Is there a part of you that might have wanted him that morning? The part of you that we all saw the night we went out?”

“I love you,” I told him.

He smiled, “I know you do Anna but is it more than you love him?”

“I don’t know,” I told him honestly, surprising myself in the process. “He’s my best friend, even though he’s been a jerk about us.”

Josh nodded, “I just want you to be sure, I don’t want either of us to be hurt.” I told him I understood. “Anna whatever happens; I want you to know that I’ll always be there for you.”

“Ok,” I glanced at the door, “I guess I should go?” Josh said yes, so I turned and pulled the door opened, letting it fall closed behind me. I felt empty as I walked away from the bathroom, I didn’t know if I was happy or sad with the conversation we just had, I just knew I felt empty.

My food was ready when I got to the counter; I was kind of in auto pilot as I paid for it and left the restaurant.

I wanted to cry so badly but I knew I had to at least make it to my car before I did it, otherwise I didn’t think I would be able to get out of the way of traffic in the busy parking lot.

I had just finished placing the food in my car when I heard my name being called out. Turning I saw Josh slip sliding his way across the icy parking lot as he ran over to me. “Anna!” He said as he got closer to me.

“What Josh?” I wasn’t sure I could take any more of what he had to say and when I happened to glance over his shoulder, I saw his cousin and the two women waiting for him. “Do you -”

My words were lost in his mouth as his lips captured mine in one of his mind melting kisses that I craved so badly.

“I love you so much, I just wanted you to know that my feelings haven’t changed one bit…” he reached down under my shirt and hooked his grandmother’s chain. “…since the night I gave you this.”

He gave me a quick kiss on the lips and sighed. “I have to go and make sure Mark doesn’t strangle his little sister.” He turned to leave but then came back; pulling me into his arms so he could plant tiny kisses all over my face. “Ok,” he pulled away reluctantly. “I’m going now,” and with one last kiss on my lips, he walked away from me, “I’ll call you!”

34 comments:

Anna said...

Good Afternoon Everyone!

I wanted to type some long comment but my wrists are kind of sore after the posts on both blogs this morning! So I hope you all enjoy them! ~g~

I hope you all have a great day and I'll be here again tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

okay, does josh seem too good to be true or what? i do think he needs to let anna know what he needs out of the relationship if they do get back together. sometimes boundaries have to be set. and i bet if anna walked in on him kissing another girl she might not have been so understanding.

amy

Anonymous said...

YAYY!!!!! ok now this is a GREAT post and like amy says JOSH is too good to be true and I completely restate that he is the man for ANNA I mean it can't get better than that. However, I don't want Anna to keep hurting him so it's better if she just talks to Jordan or have a date so she realizes he is A good friend but not the man she needs. And I hope Jordan meets another girl maybe someone from school that moves back and has been in love with him for years and Jordan falls for her that way we won't feel bad for him.... Thanks for the post

D

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with Amy although I am glad you have made a path where it may lead to them getting back together

keisha

Anonymous said...

so let me get this straight - Anna kisses Jordan, Jesse walks in on them, Josh sees for himself, Tells Anna he wants to erase her from him memory, his mom goes into the hospital and no one is talking to anyone but the first time they do "i'll be there for you" is the reaction??? Doesn't seem real. I think (and I mean this in a good critisim way) that there should have been more confrontation more of WTF blah blah blah... anyway - I am hooked and with this post leaving yet more unanswered questions I will be back to read yet again! Thanks ANNA!

EJ said...

Holy crap that was tense. Great post but I think Anna did get off a little light. But I was so happy when he kissed her!! YAY!!

Anonymous said...

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!! I'm so happy Josh is back in the picture and doesn't hate her! Hooray for Josh and Anna.

Anonymous said...

Ok, you did it!! I'm officially torn now between Josh and Jordan. On one hand, Josh is so sweet and everything a girl would want, but I still can't help but wonder that Anna and Jordan relationship would be like.

I can't wait till the next post.

SILKY SMooTH said...

okkkkk, am i the only one who cried?? i love josh. like seriously. anna needs to recognize his awesomeness once and for all!!

Anonymous said...

I really think that Anna & Jordan are better off as friends, best friends. I also think Josh's reaction is real because he is a lot more "grown up" than her. He was already nearly destroyed by his first marriage and has Jesse to think about. Just my opinion!

Stacey

MonkeySpeak said...

yes yes yes yes yes yes

The Middle Child said...

Happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy!!

I AM SO FLIPPIN HAPPY about this post!!!!

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Anonymous said...

Even though I didn't like Josh I felt a sigh of relief that he doesn't hate her. He's way too mature though. :p

Great post...I look forward to what happens next.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that Anna and Josh might get back together. He did handle it more maturely than you might expect, but at first I think he compared her to his ex wife, and later realized that was unfair. And no matter how awesome of a friend Jordan might be, I think it was still pretty crappy of him to undermine her relationship with Josh, especially when he was starting something with Bella. I think she needs to sit down and talk with Jordan and get it through to him that there's nothing there (and shouldn't be after the negative character he showed during this whole thing) and move out. If you want to be friends with him, whatever feel free, but I think continuing to live with him is inviting a whole mess of stuff that you don't want to live with.

Anonymous said...

OMG OMG OMG YES YES YES YES YES I WAS SO NERVOUS READING THIS LIKE I HAD CHILL BUMPS NOW I CAN'T GET THIS STUPID SMILE OFF MY FACE LIKE THIS IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING TO ME AND I AM SO HAPPY ABOUT IT...LOL I LOVE THIS BLOG OH IT'S GOING TO TURN OUT SO GOOD...THIS HAS GIVEN ME MY SECOND WIND TO DO MY WORK!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Anna,

Do you see what you're doing to us? we get happy when something happens to your character and sad when she's dissapointed!! : )

I LOOOOOVED this post! I think Josh is awesome for looking at things from her point of view, like another reader said he's more mature and realizes how young anna is compared to him. I just hope anna doesn't hurt him again...next time he may not be as forgiving. I wonder if he was the mysterious caller, we'll find out soon enough, I'm sure : )

Anonymous said...

I totally understand what happened. You know the saying "you don't know what you lost until it's gone" comes into play - for both Anna and Josh. I have been in similar situations that my boyfriend ended up kissing his ex. It was from habit, comfort ect. But since I knew I really really loved him, we were able to work through it. There was a few trust issue for a while, but as a couple we worked it out and were able to go on, with our relationship stronger than it ever was, cause by then we knew we didn't want to be with anyone else.

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO!! YEAH HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!! GO JOSHY YOU THE MAN!!

Nicole

Anonymous said...

i have officially changed from team jordan to team josh, hes too good to be true

B

Anonymous said...

Happy days are here again!!!!
I'm sooooooooooo glad Josh is back.

I wouldn't say Anna got off easy. Like Stacey said, Josh is older than Anna. Also, like Josh said, his Mom's heart attack changed his perspective on life and appreciating what you have.

THANK YOU ANNA!!!! I am grinning from ear to ear :^)

Can't wait to read the next post!!

Vikki

Anonymous said...

The way I read it, there is still MUCH more conversation to come about the whole thing that happened w/ Jordan. But he did handle it very well. I hope Anna doesn't screw it up when she goes to Jordan's house, because I don't think she knows what she wants still at this point. I mean, she didn't even tell Josh she loved him more than Jordan, so that's a sign of trouble to come in my opinion. I do NOT like Jordan and Anna together, so I'm really hoping I'm wrong on this one.

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!!! I'm sooo happy! I also agree that Josh seems too good to be true! I think that when he told her he wanted to erase her from his memory, he was just acting on his reaction to what he saw. Now that he's had about a month to think about it, he knows he still loves her. I'm so happy!

Anonymous said...

OMG HAPPY DAYS! I love that Josh is back. Now don't kiss Jordy when you go over to see him!
L

Anonymous said...

ARE U FREAKING KIDDING ME???????

Anonymous said...

Ann got off way to easy, I feel like Josh is almost being a pushover. I hope doesn't let her think everything that happened is somehow okay.

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!! there is no more resentment/hostility between josh and anna....lets just hope that is the case for anna and jordan too! i dont think that jordan is going to be happy if he learns that there is a chance that anna and josh could get back together!

Anonymous said...

i LOVE the fact that josh at the end of the post couldnt resist kissing her lol...planting little tiny kisses on her face...awwwww that is SO CUTE!!!! YEAHHHHHHH!!!!

Anonymous said...

why do people keep saying that he seen her kissing jordan? I went back and read that blog a couple times each time I get the impression that they weren't kissing when jesse spoke to them, that it wasn't until just after josh came into view and looked in the room at anna and jordan together in bed. i think josh is afraid of repeating the mistakes of his past, he knows he loves anna and believes she loves him just as much but he wants to give her the chance to clear up any confusion she may have. josh might have seemed too good to be true, a pushover or whatnot but where would fighting get them? waiting to have a serious talk in a more private place was a smart idea. that's my two cents worth.

Anonymous said...

Here Here Nila!!

Anonymous said...

Oh happy day! I really hope Jordan backs off and lets Anna and Josh be happy. I realize there is a history between Anna and Jordan but there is just no way I would be able to forgive him for not respecting my wishes if I was Anna. Go Team Josh!

Anonymous said...

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Carmel Beauty said...

Ok I have just started a blog so you may want to check it out from time to time it is www.ishouldbeworkingbutwhywhenicanblog.blogspot.com Ok i just posted to the other blog about the wrong story i read them yesterday but am just now posting today anywho I hope that anna and jordan make up and josh and anna get back together

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo,woo hoo, hoo, I am happy today, I hope it lasts....

GG

Anonymous said...

Oh happy happy joy joy. That was a totally great post. I love that Josh is still so in love with her. And i am so PROUD of Anna for not jumping to conclusions about the girl he was sitting with. Great joy.

Chris