Sunday, June 3, 2007

And There's More

I was lost in my own little world of self loathing; the things I said to myself as I cried on the floor did nothing to help my state of mind. I was so hard on myself and I hated who I was at that moment. I couldn’t understand why I repeatedly did everything I could to make him doubt me.

I wanted to run after him, to call him or go see him but those last words he spoke stopped me in my tracks every time, ‘If I could erase you…’. I couldn’t believe he said that, it was so cruel but then again, what I did wasn’t nice at all.

I felt some one’s hand on my shoulder, that’s what brought me out of my self loathing. At first I thought it was Jordan but the hand was way too small. Taking a quick look to the right, I had to smile, even though I wasn’t in the mood to smile, I had too. Jenna was kneeling on the floor next to me; she had one hand on my shoulder and the other on the floor at her side as she leaned over to her right, her little head touching the floor. She looked upset and maybe a little concerned about me.


“Owie?” She asked and I knew what she wanted. I remembered the first time she met Jesse, when she hit Hank in the face with Mister Bear.

“You can’t kiss this owie better sweetie.” I choked up just saying the word ‘sweetie’, I couldn’t believe that just like that; Jesse was out of my life too. I loved him just as much as I loved his dad, how is Josh going to explain this to him? Will he miss me? For the millionth time, I kicked myself for being so stupid.

Jenna didn’t believe me though; she seemed that every ‘owie’ could be fixed if she kissed it. “Owie?” She repeated, this time she puckered up her tiny lips, it was so cute but it made me cry even more. I sat there with tears rolling down my cheeks and I think I was scaring her, she reached for something behind me, or should I say someone. “Dada?”

“Jenna come eat your breakfast,” Jordan spoke softly, he didn’t sound like himself. When I turned to look at him, he was leaning against the door frame, his chest was pressed against the wood as he gazed down at Jenna, who was still trying to get me to show her where my ‘owie’ was. “Jenna come on, leave Anna alone.”

Jenna reluctantly got off the floor and ran over to Jordan before running back into the kitchen. Jordan didn’t move right way but it didn’t matter how long I looked at him, he couldn’t bring himself to look at me. He was still staring at the spot that Jenna just vacated when he cleared his throat, “Um Anna, I’m sorry I didn’t want that to happen.”

If he had said anything else besides that I don’t think I would’ve gotten so mad. “You didn’t?” I pushed myself off the floor and flew over to him. “What did you expect would happen Jordan?”

“I’m sorry!” He finally looked at me, his eyes full of sorrow, “I never wanted you to be hurt like this, I never wanted you to cry. Why was he here anyway?”

“I asked him to come over to help me,” I told Jordan.

“To help you what?” It was his confused look that reminded me that I didn’t tell him I was moving out. But do I even need too now? I wondered. I was only moving out because the stress of being torn between Jordan and Josh was driving me insane. Josh isn’t here now, my lips started to tremble when I had that thought. Oh God what did I do?

I felt my knees get weak again, I was about to sink to the floor again but Jordan grabbed me around the waist. “Anna please tell me what’s going on? What was Josh going to help you with?”

“Josh came by to help me pack to move…” I told him.

Jordan kind of smiled as he cut me off, “But you aren’t moving in with him, especially not now.”

“…back to Zack’s.”

It was a good thing I was gripping Jordan’s shoulders because the moment I told him I was moving into Zack’s, his arms fell to his sides and he looked like I stabbed him in the heart.

“What?”

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

sigh.. so sad...but i guess she has some time and space to figure what or who she wants. i don't think josh will consider talking to her again if she still lived with jordan though...

Anonymous said...

jordan is the man for Anna. She just needs some time to realize it!

Anonymous said...

Anna still needs to move back home. She needs to figure things out for herself. Even if there is no chance for her and Josh, I still don't think that she'll get with Jordon. She is so upset now and she is blaming Jordon. I guess, time with tell.

Anonymous said...

she shouldn't blame Jordan. He did nothing wrong. She is the one who made the mistake. she is a big girl. i dont know what i would do if i were in her position. move home and figure things out. i dont know. but i almost started crying... :(

Anonymous said...

While I agree it's Anna's fault for letting Jordan kiss her, I don't see how her friendship with Jordan can ever be the same. He knew she loved Josh and that she told him she didn't want him to kiss her and yet he kept pushing it and tempting her and putting her in that place that no friend who honestly cared about you and wanted the best for you would. I agree she needs to move back home and get time away from Jordan, especially now that Josh is gone.

Anonymous said...

I think she should still move back into Zack's. That way she can figure out what she wants out of life and not have any pressure from Jordan. She may end up with him in the end.......if that is what she wants. But she really needs to be on her own (without a man besides her brother) for a while. Great blog.

Chris

Anonymous said...

Anon 5:16 hit the nail on the head! To say that Jordan did nothing wrong is so far from the truth. Anna definitely needs to move out. Especially if she is to have ANY kind of chance at getting Josh back.

But, thst's just how I feel about it. GREAT POST once again!

Vikki

Anonymous said...

Why are you ripping my heart out, this cannot be happening, Jordan is so SELFISH, Ahhhhhh, he doesn't even care about what he just did, he just ruined three lives and all he can think of himself and what's good for him!!! What an ASS!! Anna, just move out!!!

GG

Unknown said...

I'm sorry but I don't like Jordan at alll..!he knew exactly what he was doing,he's not sorry at all for Anna.
Oh how I wish this hadn't happend :S ...sigh..
I'm not saying this is all Jordan's fault though, I agree with the other readers that Anna needs to move out and clear her head.

Anonymous said...

grr....i dunno who to side with here....i think jordan and anna would be great together but can you really trust him when anna told him that she was moving and he smiled and told her that she wasnt going to move into josh's...i also like josh too but i dont think that he will ever consider her anymore... anna just move out and clear ur head!!!

Anonymous said...

for the past few weeks i've liked anna less and less.. this pretty much just hit the nail on the head. anna is such a whore. i can't believe her. just lie to the supposed LOVE OF HER LIFE and then sit there and make out with someone else right in front of him, saying she wants to feel him between her legs. i hope that josh never talks to her again and i hope she ends up with jordan, since he only thinks of himself and doesn't care how many people's lives he screws up in getting what he wants. i hope they get together and he cheats on her and leaves her.

Anonymous said...

My personal opinion is Jordan is a jerk. Yeah, Anna messed up- and bad. But Jordan's actions were not that of a friend. They were motivated by jealousy. To look the door to her room. Then to not respect her wishes not to kiss him. That's low in my book. I'm not saying Anna didn't mess up, cause she did, but I think Jordan is a jerk and doesn't deserve Anna.

My two cents,
Amy

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I meant to type "lock", not "look." Sorry!

The Middle Child said...

It sucks being able to feel how much she hurts. I can't believe she screwed it up with Josh. Bah.

Anonymous said...

Hey all you Jordan haters! This was not totally his fault. Anna has been wishy-washy about both Josh and Jordan for some time now. At least Jordan admitted to Anna that he had feelings for her -all he did was prove that she too, had feelings for him.

Anna had NO BUSINESS laying on the bed next to Jordan.....what did she think was gonna happen? She knew exactly what would happen because she wanted it to happen! Anna got exactly what she asked for!

She needs to move back to Zack's and get her life straightened out. Maybe she'll get back with Josh or maybe she'll pursue a relationship with Jordan. Either way, she needs to figure out what's going on in her life and do what's best for everyone involved -especially herself.

Jenny said...

Honestly I hope Josh doesn't take Anna back because that would be completely unbelievable. Not only did she cheat on him, but she cheated with someone very very close to her who she repeatedly told Josh she had no feelings for -he can no longer trust her. And while I do feel terribly bad for her(incredible writing) she knew what she was doing and she enjoyed it, so now she needs to figure herself out

Anonymous said...

Your writing is SO good. I feel so bad for Anna. She is torn between two men who want a decision from her right now. Yes, she screwed up with Jordan but she is being pulled in all directions. I think she needs to get out of that house and spend some time alone.
M