Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Flipping Out

For the next two weeks I spent most of my time alone in my room at my brother’s house. Most of the time I spent in a chat room on line just making small talk with people I didn’t really want to get to know. It was so easy to escape all the bad moments that kept replaying in my head as I sat there typing away, getting lost in all the drama that is the chat world.

In those two weeks all my family tried to get me to hang out with them; go to the store, watch movies or just talk, anything to stop the downward spiral into the darkness where I was headed. But I kept telling them I wasn’t in the mood; I didn’t want to do anything. And when I did do stuff with them, I’d end up thinking or seeing some thing that would remind me of Josh or Jesse. The worst time would have to been yesterday when I came home from work. Up until that point I managed not to cry around my family and I was actually holding it together better than I thought I would but I knew it wouldn’t be all that long before I totally lost it. And boy did I lose it.

I had just come in through the basement entrance as I did often to avoid the looks of pity on my family’s faces. I could hear the TV going as I closed the door. Oh great, I thought. What does Zack want to ‘talk’ about now? He seemed to be making excuses to be there when I got home lately, I knew it was because he was concerned for me but I didn’t think that there was really anything to be worried about, I mean it’s not like I was the first person to make a mistake that ended the greatest relationship in the world.

Walking into the family room, I saw that Zack wasn’t waiting for me and I was some what relieved. That was until I glanced at the screen and saw Lightning McQueen in all his Rust-eze glory. I didn’t tell anything about Jesse’s fascination with ‘Cars’ so my reaction wasn’t one anyone would have been expecting.

“Natalie!” She jumped as I ran over to the couch and stared at her. “What are you doing?”

She looked up at me with these big brown eyes, she looked so scared. “I…I’m watching ‘Cars’,” she managed to stammer. “I didn’t go in your room Aunt Anna, daddy did. Daddy said I could watch the movie.”

The whole time she was talking, all I heard was, “We watch Cars Ama?” My bottom lip started to tremble as I dropped my stuff on the floor.

“We can’t watch ‘Cars’ together anymore,” I said.

Natalie gave me a confused looked, “Aunt Anna, I can watch it by myself,” she said. But I heard. “Why Ama? You no like ‘Cars’?”

“I’m sorry,” I cried. “I didn’t mean to do it; I didn’t want it to end!” Tears were streaming down my face, “It hurts so much, please make it stop.”

By this time Natalie was freaking out, she jumped up from the couch and went running upstairs calling out to Zack. “Daddy! Daddy come quick! Daddy!”

I sunk to the floor on my knees, bending over until my forehead touched the carpet. “It hurts so much,” I sobbed to no one.

Zack came flying down the stairs yelling at Mary to keep the girls upstairs. I heard him as he approached me and stopped dead in his tracks. I’m not sure how long he stood there watching me, letting me cry, before he knelt down beside me and pulled me into his arms, hugging me.

When I finally calmed down enough he spoke. “Anna,” he sighed. “I wish I could make this easier for you.”

“I miss them so much Zack,” I sniffed, wiping my eyes with my fingers. “Everything reminds me of them. I can’t go to work but I see them, I can’t stand in this room but I have memories of time with them. I can’t sleep at night; he haunts my dreams, telling me he loves me only to leave me. I…I…” I started to tear up again. “I didn’t think it would hurt this much Zack, it never hurt this much before. I feel like a huge piece of me is gone. I just…”

Zack hugged me tight, “I know you are hurting Anna but you have to try to deal with it. And freaking out on Natalie isn’t dealing with it sis, that just scares the crap out of her!”

I groaned, “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to scare her. I just…” I pointed to the TV as it flashed Lightning McQueen. “That’s Jesse’s favorite movie, he wanted to watch it all the time.”

“Anna you are going crazy, you know that?”

I nodded sadly, “Yes.”

“You need to get out and do something sis, you need to try and get your mind off the pain you are feeling, even if it’s just for an hour or two. I don’t mean going to work either. You understand what I’m saying?” Zack looked down at me, “Well?”

“Yes,” I sighed. “I know what you mean.”

“Good!” Zack released me and smiled. “I think it’s mighty nice of you to offer to take the girls out for supper.”

I couldn’t help but laughed at him, “Is that your way of telling me you want Mary and the house all to yourself for a while?”

“Maybe,” he tried to be serious but he couldn’t stop the grin that spread across his face. “Well since you asked, tomorrow is Valentine’s Day and I’m working all day.” He grumbled something about stupid people and their need to break the law. “And you do owe Natalie a big apology.”

I rolled my eyes at him, “Fine I’ll take the girls out but I don’t want to hear about your evening when I get back!”

“I won’t tell you a thing!” Zack told me as he helped me up off the floor. “But if Mary is happy, I did it!”

“Ewww!” I went to smack him but he took off upstairs. Sometimes I think my brother hasn’t grown up yet.

After I went to my room and changed, I headed upstairs where the girls were waiting for me. Out of the three of them, only two looked excited about spending some time with me.

“Ready to go?” I asked.

“Yes!” Natalie and Lindsay replied, then started to fight over who got to sit in the front seat while they headed outside.

Cassie stood rooted in her spot with her arms crossed over her chest and the most unfriendly look on her face. “Are you ready?” I asked her.

Giving me a dirty look, she rolled her eyes, “Whatever.” She turned around and stomped out the door, “Let’s go.”

As I headed out the door, I looked over my shoulder at Zack.


“Teenagers?” He offered as the door closed behind me.

31 comments:

Anna said...

Good Morning Everyone.

No, I can't say if Josh is gone for good or not. I can't say if Jordan is gone for good or not. I can't say anything...well I could but I won't ~g~

But I do look forward to your comments and hope you all have a great day!

MonkeySpeak said...

"sigh" i will say this post kinda made me feel like its officially over with josh...

Anonymous said...

I think Cassie is miserable because Josh is niserable at school. He is missing Anna as badly as she is missing him. It is not over yet.

Anonymous said...

I wanna know what Cassie's problem is. Maybe Josh is taking his anger out on his students?

Anonymous said...

I broke down in tears at the same moment Anna did. You try to have control over your feelings around your family and it comes to a point where you just need to cry. Been there done that and its not a good feeling.
Great post as always and hopefully things will be ok for Anna.

Shygirl

PCS said...

Agree with anon 11:41, and probably the other students are giving Cassie a hard time cause they know its all because of her aunt...
Awesome post by the way....

Anonymous said...

This post made me cry when Anna started crying. I felt like I had a broken heart right along with her. Great writing!

Mallory said...

I have a feeling they are going to run into someone when they go to dinner! Jordan or Josh? I am hoping Josh!

Anonymous said...

Zach was in Anna's room?

Anonymous said...

You have a great writing style I am really feeling the characters emotions and i know how anna feels sometimes you do things have no idea why and they are mistakes that ruin your lives at the time but it will get better I hope soon I really want her with josh and I still hope her and jordan can repair there friendship at some point
keisha

Anonymous said...

I am sure it is uncomforatblae for Cassie. She didn't like the idea of her teacher being with her Aunt anyway and now they broke up.
L

Anonymous said...

This is really heart-wrenching. You do a fabulous job writting and I can't wait to see what happens. I too, think Cassie is mad because Josh is hurting and crabby and the other kids are blaming her.

Can't wait til tomorrow!
Kate

EJ said...

wow... I just want to give her a hug.

Seriously... Intense writing. LOVE IT.

Anonymous said...

Great story! Been there with the end of relationships I didn't want to end. Not for the same reason, but I know how badly it hurts. I hope Anna will be ok and I can't wait to see what happens next.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I know this is inappropiate but I'm looking for a blog about this girl she used to go to the navy academy or something like that but she got kicked out and now goes to a college next to her home town another thing in the blog they put a video of her on youtube.

Anna I love your blogs keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

starsaremywindow.blogspot.com

Shar said...

What did Anna do? I can't believe she messed things up this bad with Josh. And I'm wicked surprise he hasn't tried to contact her at all. Maybe she'll go to Jordan after all...

I wonder why Cassie is being a little turd...

Anonymous said...

PS-I am guessing Cassie is mad at her aunt for what she did to Josh. Maybe she blames her for the breakup?

Anonymous said...

Wow i can just feel the sadness in this post. Poor Anna, and i agree that Josh is miserable and maybe taking it out on Cassie. I too think they will run into someone....Hank, Josh, Jordon. Oh and whatever happened between Jordon and Bella? Just on other mention of her since their big date and that was the night Jordan got drunk and yelled at Anna. Just wondering. I know all in good time. Thanks for your hard work.....Love this blog.

Chris

Anonymous said...

i love it that anna and her brother are so close and that she can turn to him whenever she needs him!
i guess cassie was afraid that this would happen and now she's mad at anna for it.. and maybe josh is being harder to students.. who knows!!
i do hope they get back together though!! they would've been spending their first valentinesday together if they were still together!!!

MonkeySpeak said...

My guess is that Josh is moping around school but being especially hard on Cassie since she reminds him of Anna. I mean if Anna thinks she has it bad with cars and having everything remind her of Josh, think about poor Josh having Anna's blood shoved in his face EVERYDAY and having to try and keep a professional face about - and as in love with her as he was and the way emotions work, and of course the way Cassie is acting, I am sure he is not doing a great job!

I can't believe I didn't realize that. Wow Anna... amazing attention to detail. Seriously, people who get paid to do what you are doing don't even pay attention the minut things that you do - forget about the consistency with which you post!! You throw in such emotion and will drag us along with hooks and then these minor details that pop up that you almost wouldn't notice but play such a role underneath everything. Wow...

MonkeySpeak said...

umm by blood i meant the figurative term "blood relative..."

lol dont know if others use that phrase... hahaha

Anonymous said...

Ok now I really don't know what I want Anna with more: Josh or Jordan? I am leaning towards Josh now b/c she is hurting really badly and she realizes her mistake. Oh, please bring Josh back. Or better yet, forget about Josh and Jordan, and have her end up with Hank :-)

Anonymous said...

Team Josh, he is hurting just as bad and will come back to her!! She is definately going to have to prove herself though...

Anonymous said...

aww anna and her brother are the ultimate team! lol i love how he makes her laugh even when she is feeling really sad...but i would have the same reaction that anna had when zack mentioned the 'if mary is happy, i did it!' EWW lol i wouldnt want to know that about my bro! lol....i honestly seriously say that i cried when anna cried i didnt noe that i could read something and just cry like that! but u are an amazing writer...i hope that anna gets thru this ok and josh..no jordan no josh no jordan...ARGH i dunno..i hope that she ends up with however she wants to end up with! lol and why was cassie in such a pissy mood?!?!

DDgirl said...

Cassie is miserable 'cause she wanted to date her BF for VDay, not Aunt Anna!

Have u forgot what it's like to be a teenager? LOL

anna, luv ya and both blogs

Xoxo

DDgirl

The Middle Child said...

Yeah, I didn't cry, but I got goosebumps on my arm and sadness in my heart when Anna broke down. I want Josh and her back together. That would be the perfect ending. He still didn't call for his ring huh?

Anonymous said...

OMG! I forgot all about his ring and necklace, didn't he give her a cross necklace too? Yay, that means they're gonna have to suck it up and actually talk to each other if he wants them back... or if I were Anna, I would ship them back (insured of course), or have Zack drop them off, hoping that would spark Josh to call her...

Kate

Anonymous said...

So all this happened right before Valentine's day? I just realized that Anna didn't post anything as to her plans with Josh on Valentine's (gift,trip)...could it be because she just wasn't that into him to plan anything in advance??? Maybe I'm reading too much into it :D...i know i have to get a life!! lol

Anonymous said...

Still crying........


GG

Anonymous said...

Anon 11:41 took the thought right from my head. I know what you mean gator monkey. Since everyone has pretty much said everything I could possibly think of to say...

Have I ever mentioned that I LOVE this blog? Cause I do. It RAWKS!!
Great writing Anna! Can't wait to read the next post.

Vikki