Sunday, June 17, 2007

Reconnecting With My BFF

I woke up Monday morning feeling really great. At first I wasn’t sure why I felt so great then slowly I started to remember everything that happened the day before. I couldn’t believe that in less than 24 hours, I managed to get talking to the two most important guys in my life and things seemed to be going my way.

The only thing that I was confused about was my late night realization. Why has Josh been calling me and blocking his number? Why didn’t he speak to me in all the calls that he made to me over the past month? There were a few million more ‘whys’ but I wasn’t able to answer them myself. I decided that the next time I spoke to him I would bring those questions up.

I stayed in bed, just laying there staring at the ceiling as I smiled and daydreamt about Josh. I was excited that he was giving me another chance; at least I hope that’s what he’s doing. I know he said he wanted to talk but some of the things he has said seem to point to him wanting to try again. I won’t screw up this time!

It was about 20 minutes later when I heard Jordan walking around out in the kitchen, so I decided that I would get up. Pulling on a sweat shirt over my pj top, I headed out of my old room.

When I got to the kitchen Jordan was standing at the counter pouring milk on his cereal, same old routine, I smiled. He turned from the counter to put the milk back in the fridge and caught me smiling at him.

“Good morning,” he smiled and continued what he was doing. “You know where everything is; feel free to get yourself something to eat.”

While he took his bowl and sat at the table, I headed over to the counter and pulled out the toaster so I could make myself PB&J on toasted bread.

In between mouthfuls of fruit loops Jordan filled me in on some of the things he had been up to in the last month. “I took Jenna over to see my mother,” he told me.

I stopped what I was doing and turned towards him. I wanted to ask him if his dad was there and if he was an ass but I just asked, “How did that go?”

He took a deep breath and shrugged, “Mom loved Jenna, and she couldn’t get over how much she looked like me. Jenna was thrilled to have someone new to impress and bring under her spell.” Jordan laughed, “She’s so funny Anna, and she just does these things that make me laugh all the time. Like the other day,” Jordan went on to tell me a story about Jenna trying to help him with her room; I didn’t really think it was all that funny but I gave a little laugh anyway. “I guess you had to be there,” he said finally, taking another mouthful of cereal.

“Probably,” I told him as I sat down at the table. “So I take it Heather is letting you have Jenna over nights?”

He nodded, “Yeah. At first she didn’t really want too, she was worried that I wouldn’t be able to handle her by myself.” I lowered my head; I knew that Heather was only letting him have her overnight before because I was there. “But with Hank’s help, I was able to convince her to give me a chance and I promised I would call her if I had any problems. I guess I did ok, Jenna was as happy when I returned her to Heather as she was when I picked her up.”

“That’s great Jordy!” I beamed at him; I was so happy that he was fitting into the ‘daddy’ role better than he ever thought he would. “Heather and Hank are still together?”

“Yes they are.”

“How do you feel about that?” I knew that he still had feelings for Heather, so I wasn’t sure if anything had happened while I wasn’t around.

“Hank’s a good guy; he stepped up and took care of both Heather and Jenna. Jenna loves him and since he seems to be on my side when I ask Heather for time with Jenna, there’s not really anything bad I can say about the guy.” Jordan stared at me for a moment. “He asked about you the other day, said he hadn’t been in lately and was wondering how you were doing.”

“I noticed he wasn’t around much, I used to see him all the time with Jenna when they waited for Heather to be done work.” To tell the truth, I was kind of hoping that I still would’ve ran into Hank, at least that way I would’ve known some of what was going on when Jordan and I weren’t talking.

Jordan nodded, “Yeah that’s my fault.” I frowned and he explained. “Now that I go over there after work to spend time with Jenna, Hank is able to do some things that he wants while Heather is at work.”

“Oh, there for a moment I thought you were going to say you told him to stay away from me!” I laughed.

“I didn’t tell Heather or Hank that we weren’t talking,” Jordan glanced at the left over milk in his bowl. “I actually didn’t tell anyone that we weren’t talking, besides Bella because she asked what was going on.”

“What?” I found that a little hard to believe. “Didn’t anyone notice that I wasn’t around here anymore?”

Jordan shook his head and I started to feel a little upset that no one noticed. “Then again, I didn’t have anyone over and when anyone asked, I told them you were busy doing your own thing.” He looked up at me, “I didn’t think that it would last as long as it did. I thought for sure that you would call me a couple days after you left.” Jordan sighed, “It wasn’t until a couple days after you left, when you didn’t call me that I realized just how badly I screwed up Anna.”

“Jordan,” I reach out and put my hand on his arm. “You weren’t the only one who screwed up; I didn’t help matters at all.”

“No,” he shook his head. “You didn’t but I took things way too far. If I were you I wouldn’t even be talking to me now.”

“Well it’s a good thing you aren’t me!” I smiled at him. “I am glad that we are friends again Jordy, I really missed having you to talk too.”

Jordan grinned, “I really missed you too.”

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh......
M

Anonymous said...

YAY haha..... I love how things are going... Thanks to both gatormonkey for clarifying it was Josh the one with the block calls that made my day and to Anna for the post. Now I only need to see what Josh's answer is going to be about the blog calls he probably just needed to hear her voice but it's still nice to imagine him saying it.....I know i'm such a romantic but what the heck lol

MonkeySpeak said...

dani - of course, its all in the family hahaha

i really wonder if it was jesse. and josh just didnt know. cuz it just seems really immature on josh's part to call and not say anything and very out of character for him. PLUS he did already tell anna he didnt have time to call and talk to her - so...

HMMM. I don't know much about kids. None of my cousins or I have had them yet... and I think kids scare us so sometimes it is hard for me to relate to Jesse and understand what he may or may not be capable of! The only times I really interact with kids his age are when they are screaming in the stores with their mums, or the occasion where they are adorable and I am happy to play with them and then even happier that I get to give them back!! hahaha. BTW I like how you tied in how the break up affected Jesse!!!!

ACCKKK I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE MYSTERY PHONE CALLS... hey and why is Josh blocking his calls anyway.... it's not like Anna didn't know his number!

OMG is he back at Carol's House!?!?!?!?!?!

Vikki said...

I just caught up on the weekend posts. I had some computer problems (Aaargh!!).
Great posts Anna!! And I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle.

On to the story:
Ok, I think I missed something...when was it established that Josh was the mystery caller? I feel so sad for Jesse :-( I bet he still misses her. Kids get attached so quickly at that age. I REALLY hope everything works out for Anna & Josh. And I'm glad her and JOrdan are getting back to being friends.

Can't wait for the next post!!!

Vikki

Anna said...

As I had said many times before, even though I don't have children of my own, I do have 10 nieves and nephews, three of which are the age that Jesse is in this story. Of the three of them, two are talking in complete sentences and are capable of carrying on a intelliable conversation with me. The other day my one niece told me all about the Dora cup that she had in her hand and how she loved Dora and blah blah blah...she went on for about twenty minutes on Dora. Another one got on the phone with me when I called her mom and she told me all about her birthday party and the presents she got. With what I've seen from my nieces and nephews, I don't see how people think Jesse is so advanced for his age. Of course he doesn't say everything clearly, I'm not going to take the time to get there and type everything to his correct speech pattern but you can understand him, he does speak in sentences and carry on conversations.

While he can press a speed button with the number of those he knows on it, he can't get there and block a call. I don't mind telling you all that Jesse isn't the one calling Anna, he would talk if he was! As for Josh, well, I guess we'll have to see what he has to say for himself ~g~

Vikki, it hasn't been said for sure, but at the end of 'take the good with the bad' Anna wakes up in the middle of the night. The one thought on her mind is that the caller ID said 'blocked call' when Josh phoned her. So she assumes that he's been the one calling her and not talking.

Have a great day everyone! I'm off to bed....gotta love work ~l~

Jenny said...

I am very very happy for Anna and I really do hope that everything is working out for her. I hope she takes this second chance and learns from all her mistakes.

Snoopy said...

I think Josh is Sketchy! I say move on... He was overbearing this whole time, and now he is calling her in the middle of the night from blocked #s? PSYCHO!!!

Please try things with Jordy... the best relationships come from friendships... and you did feel like when you kissed him!

Carmel Beauty said...

Yeah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vikki said...

Ok!! I see. I though I had missed something. Thanks for clearing that up Anna!

Can't wait for today's entry!!

Anonymous said...

TEAM JOSH!!!

GG

PCS said...

I dont think josh is the mistery caller... I think its something fishy is gonna come out of it... for a sec i thought it could be Carol trying to get some help to get away from phil, or maybe bella is in love with jordan and got jeallous of anna cause of the whole jordan-loves-anna situation and is calling to scare anna... or maybe some other crazzy stalker to give us another plot twist and than anna would get in trouble and josh would come running to rescue her and be happy ever after lol...

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of Josh calling her because he needed to hear her voice and then sent her flowers on Valentines Day.

Karen

Jocelyn said...

anyone think it could be hank?

Anonymous said...

jocelyn, Josh didn't call in the middle of the night! Anna woke up in the middle of the night when she realized the caller id had said "blocked call" when Josh had called earlier.

And Anna has said time and time again in the comments section that yes, she loves Jordan, but she loves Josh more.

-A

Anonymous said...

http://dreababy33.blogspot.com/

The Middle Child said...

Anna ~ sorry to hear about your uncle. It's hard to lose family, especially two in less than a months time. And what they say about these things happening in threes is totally bogus, so no worries, k?

I'm so glad that Anna and Jordan are talking again, it seems they need each other. As for Josh, I hope that him and Anna get back together, but I don't feel it is right to keep her from Jesse, and I suspect if they start seeing each other he will want her over all the time again and the whole keeping Anna from Jesse thing won't hold water.....

You are doing a great job!!

Anonymous said...

ANNA, your killing me, your killing me!!

GG

Anonymous said...

Anna,
Sorry to hear about your uncle. I hope you feel better soon. Thanks for the great posts. I was so excited to have so much to read when i got back from camping this weekend. I can't wait to find out for sure if Josh is the mystery caller. And how their talk will go. I hope for the best. It is great that her and Jory are talking and that he put a bed in her room for her. Things are staring to look up. You keep up hanging.........I love it.

Chris

The Middle Child said...

Oh and, I have no idea how you keep up both these blogs so well, but you do and I for one am grateful!!! You are doing a fantastic job and you have me on the edge of my seat constantly. I hope things are going better for you. Can't wait for the next post!!!