Tuesday, June 5, 2007

This Is The End My Only Friend, The End

It took one more ‘hello’ and an ‘Anna what the hell is going on over there?’ to get my complete attention. At first I didn’t know why I was holding the phone, or who I called but then it clicked in. I needed help and I called the only person I know who could help me or get me help, my brother.

“Hey Zack, sorry about that,” I apologized to him and then asked him if he could come over and help me move.

“I thought you said Josh and Jess were helping you? What happened? He didn’t come over?”

“Ummm,” I coughed, I didn’t want to have to explain anything to Zack at that moment, I didn’t even want to think about the pain I caused Josh this morning. “He…well…I...” I sighed.

“Something happened? Is everyone ok Anna?” Zack sounded so concerned; I wasn’t sure how concerned he would sound after I told him what happened. “Anna? Are you there?”

“Yes, I’m here.” I sighed, “I don’t really want to get into it Zack. Some thing happened here this morning and I don’t think I can fix it, I don’t think anyone can fix it.” He asked me what happened and I hesitated.

“Did Jordan do something Anna?”

“I wish I could blame him for this but it was my fault. I was stupid and I hurt Josh more than I ever thought I could.” I laughed sadly, whispering the next part. “He wishes he could erase me from his memory.”

“What?!?!” Zack told me to back up and tell him what happened. So I did and once I was done, he didn’t say anything.

“Zack please don’t hate me,” I begged. “I didn’t mean to hurt him; I didn’t want to hurt him. I…” I was crying again. “I ruined everything!”

My brother, in all his infinite wisdom could only find one thing to say to me, “Yeah, it sounds like you did.” If I wasn’t feeling low enough, that brought me down even lower. “Come on sis, don’t cry, we’ll figure something out.”

“How?” I asked him through my tears. “There is no way Josh is ever going to forgive me and I don’t blame him. It’s bad enough I hurt him but Zack! What about Jesse? How will he handle this? He wanted me to be his mommy! I wanted to be his mommy.”

Zack sighed, “Let’s just concentrate on getting you out of there Anna; we’ll talk about the rest of it after ok?”

“Ok,” I mumbled.

“Ok,” he groaned. “Damn it! I can’t help you; I have to go to work.”

I told him it was fine, I could pack my stuff myself. “No,” he told me. “I’ll drop the girls off, they’ll help you; they were just saying they were bored.”

“You don’t need to do that Zack, I don’t know if it’s good to have them around here right now. Jordan isn’t…”

“If Jordan does or says one thing to my girls or to you, I’ll personally come over and kick his ass!” He told me he was leaving right away and he’d see me in a half hour.

Once I hung up the phone, I ventured out of my room to go and get the boxes that I got from work to pack my stuff in. As I walked by the living room, I couldn’t help but look in. Jordan was sitting on the floor with Jenna, who was up in his lap giving him kisses on the cheek. “Dada owie bye-bye?” She would ask him and he would shake his head. He didn’t seem to notice that I was there and I was happy for that.

I was on my second trip to my car to bring in boxes when he appeared at the front door as I came up the steps.

“Did you need any help?” He asked without looking up at me. I was going to tell him ‘no’ but I didn’t. I told him I still had a lot of boxes in my trunk.

Jordan nodded and turned to get his jacket. “Can you go keep an eye on Jenna? I’ll grab the rest of them for you.”

He was trying to help so I wouldn’t stop being his friend, I knew that. I wasn’t sure if I cared though but I went and sat with Jenna while he retrieved all the boxes for me. Once they were all in the house, he also carried them to my room for me.

It was probably the most uncomfortable I’ve ever felt around him.

Jenna and I were sitting on the couch when he came back into the living room and sat down next to us. Without a word, I handed Jenna to him and left the room.

My nieces were great help; they also managed to keep my mind off Josh…well as much as it was possible to keep my mind off him. I had a feeling that Zack told them not to talk about Josh with me because when Natalie slipped once and mentioned Jesse, the other two shot her the deadliest looks.

I ignored it; I had to get through the packing.

When I had everything I could take with me loaded into my car, I went back in to tell Jordan I’d be back for the rest. “Where did you want me to leave the key when I’m done?” I asked him.

“Keep it,” he gazed into my eyes, as if he was hoping I’d tell him I was only kidding when I said we couldn’t be friends anymore.

“I won’t need it,” I told him as I met his gaze.

He closed his eyes as his shoulders fell, “Then do whatever you want with it. I won’t need it.”

I felt so wrong as I left the house that day, I didn’t feel that I should end my life long friendship with Jordan but I couldn’t bring myself to care if I ever saw him again.

27 comments:

Anna said...

Good Morning Everyone!

I wish the happy post would start again too...but there is some sadness that can't be ignored.

It's so hard to write this stuff, I never know until I read the comments if I'm making you feel the way I feel when I write it...

I hope everyone has a good day...and if you didn't know, I did write a new entry on the other blog...~s~

PCS said...

sniff... that was real sad... sniff :\

Anonymous said...

This post left me feeling defeated, like Anna. What can i say? I am, like another person said, "emotionally invested".She needs time to mourn and then try to figure out if she really wants Josh back or only wants him because she hurt him. As for Jordan... he was being a jerk but maybe he really likes (loves?) Anna that he can't help himself...anyway, great post!

Anonymous said...

Great posts Anna!

Personally I love the sad stuff as much or more than the happy. It helps create the drama and keeps people reading. I like the new direction and I'm curious to find out what happens as she's moved out. I really do hope she can at least still be friends with Jordan.

Anonymous said...

Ahh, I felt the sadness. You do a wonderful job portraying how the characters feel! I cannot WAIT until the next entry :) And also, I'm still sad for Jordan, even though what he did was WAY wrong.

Anonymous said...

I feel so bad for Jordan. Think about if you were in his spot. The woman he loves is leaving - yes he did push himself upon her, but who isn't guilty of going after something/someone that they really want. I know for one I have made a fool of myself several times for the man I thought I loved when he tried to push me away. In fact I did it for 7 long years!
I think that Jordan and Anna will reconcile, but not so sure about Josh. If it is meant to be, then it will be.

Anonymous said...

I just cannot bring myself to be in Jordan's camp. He was too cruel to Anna in yesterday's post for me to like him. People don't say things that sting that much as a mistake.

MonkeySpeak said...

I really want to know what happens next! Anna you always have me on the edge waiting for me and I definitely feel the emotion in your writing!

Anonymous said...

Your writing just keeps getting better and better! I love reading your blogs. The emotions and characters you portray are so real. It's great!

Misty

Anonymous said...

Please end up with Jordan... He seems so right for you... Josh has been nothing but overbearing and controlling!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sad. That is a rough place to be. But, she can only go up from this low place. Once she's out of the situation, things will get MUCH clearer for her.

Anna you need not wonder if we feel the emotions, cause they definitely come across.

Can't wait to read the next post!!

Vikki

Anonymous said...

She really needs some time to her self to figure things out. What does Anna want in life besides Josh and Jordan drama...I think now is the time to ponder these questions.
L

Anonymous said...

Oh the sadness. I can't help but feel for all involved, especially the kids. I hope once she is out on her own she can figure out what she really wants and just how to get it. I am still all in favor of Josh and Jesse. Oh and Josh wants to earse her what about his family jewlery? I am sure he is gonna want that back if they can't be together.

Chris

Anonymous said...

Oh i forgot, so how far are we now? Are we out of January yet? Just trying to keep track. Thanks for such a great job you do everyday. I love both blogs.

Chris

Anonymous said...

i agree with chris sooner or later either he is going to call her or vice versa and we're all going to get excited b/c we think they're getting back together but really he'll probably just want his grandmothers jewellery back....
I dont noe what it is that i feel for jordan even tho he has been a little cocky these past entries i still like him!...i want anna to forgive him...plz!?!?! oh and Bella ...what happened with her and jordan did they break things off or are they still seeing each other and she doesnt noe about the kiss that anna and jordan shared?!?!....mmm and the drama continues!!!

Anonymous said...

There is something about Jordan and Anna. Sparks fly when they are near each other and both of them can't keep their hands off each other. I want them together.

Hadley said...

I can't help thinking that Josh is going to cool off and at least talk to her again, and that this isn't the end for her and Jordy's friendship.

It has been a complicated, whirlwind situation, and moving to her brothers seems like a great move so she can get centered and sort it all out.

I get so engrossed in story as if these were real people!! Great writing!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh how noble and proper she is!!! Not caring and ending their friendship (yawn) I'm bored

Anonymous said...

Awwww..I'm so sad. But I guess she has to face the reality.

I really like Josh, and I wish she hadn't hurt him, but I really can't help but wonder what would've happened b/w Jordan and Anna. I guess I'm just one of those people who think the best friends make best life partners.

Any chance of them getting together? :-) I know, I know you won't answer that!

The Middle Child said...

I hope Josh does cool off and call Anna. She's human... maybe that was her way of seeing if there really was anything... but she knew Josh was on his way over... what a stupid mistake to make. As far as Jordon... he needs to grow up and start thinking about the way his actions affect others. Bah. I hope Josh and Anna get back together somehow.

MonkeySpeak said...

yea, sometimes best friend make the best lovers - but sometimes best friends need to just stay best friends - sometimes those feelings arent there, like anna has explicitely told jordan, and he keeps ignoring her! id rather be best friends with my male ones than be their lovers - if i didnt, then the woman who is the sister i never had wouldnt be in my life!

i dunno i cant see how ppl see josh as more controlling as jordan. when she told josh she wanted to move in with her brother first, he was immediately supportive and understood whereas jordan acted like his daughters age, crying and screaming. trying to force another kiss on her even after she told him she would never love him like that. yea, she went back and forth, but she gave him her answer and it still isnt good enough for him. josh came over t help her move like a man, jordan helped but sulked the entire time. and always tried to break her and josh bc josh was a threat whereas josh always tried to keep her and jordan together even tho jordan was a threat....

look at you anna, sparkin all this debate!! haha.

Anonymous said...

I like what you siad gatormonkey. Well put.
What is up with the anon that you occasionally have that put the neg posts. That is rude.

Annie Register said...

Well said gatormonkey! I've never jumped on the "Josh is controlling" bandwagon. Josh encouraged her to keep up her friendship with Jordan even though he knew in the back of his mind that something like this might happen. He just knew that if she cut Jordan out of her life at that point she would regret it. I think some people have trouble seeing the difference between caring what your partner thinks b/c you love them and doing what your partner says b/c you don't have a choice.

Anonymous said...

Anna, are you saying that Josh and Anna are through........ohhh, I just can't take the pain that I'm feeling for Josh right now.

I am so psycho addicted to this blog!! I'm glad that I don't have any other serious bad habits, although reading this blog and waiting like a maniac, sure makes it seem like I do have a serious problem. I really am a boring normal person. Till I started reading your blog(s).

Ahhhh, please post soon or sooner or double post...that would be nice...

YOU ROCK!!!

GG

Anonymous said...

Anna, you have definitely got all of us talking! Oh I hope she doesn't end her relationship/friendhip with Jordan, I really like him and think maybe they should be together, or at least try and see if there really is anything there besides lust! She needs to be sure of whoever she is with and not regret down the line that she didn't explore things with the other one! Great writing Anna! Give us some more soon, please? :)

Anonymous said...

You took the words right out of my mouth gatormonkey!

Good Show!

Anonymous said...

I don't know people - I think Anna got what she was aking for. She may have told Jordan she didn't love him "like that" but she sure set herself up to find out. What was she doing laying in his bed? What did she think would happen? She knew exactly how Jordan felt about her and she didn't try to stop him until Jesse and Josh walked in. What if they hadn't walked in - how far would things have gone?

Anna needs to step back and take a look at her life and figure out what and who she really wants - Jordan or Josh!