Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The God's Honest Truth

I was afraid to even breath at that moment, I thought that if I didn’t move he wouldn’t tell me that even though he loved me there was no way he could ever forgive me for what I did.

But at the same time I couldn’t believe that he just made me tell him part of the story without letting me finish. I didn’t know if it would matter to him or not the reason I stopped the kiss. Would it make any difference at all? Should I just go on with the rest of the story regardless of what he wants to say?

Josh started to speak but I stopped him. “I really think that you should let me finish,” I told him.

“No,” he shook his head. “I don’t think that would be a good idea.”

“No?” I shook my head. “It was a good idea when I didn’t want to tell you what happened.”

Dropping his hands from my arms, Josh stepped back from me. “It was a mistake.”

A mistake? Damn right it was a mistake! The kiss should’ve never happened! When I didn’t say anything right away Josh bent over and picked up his boot, loosening the laces. “What are you doing?”

He glanced up at me and told me he should be going home. “It’s getting late and I have to work in the morning.”

I watched him slip his foot into his boot and I felt that if I didn’t say it now, I would end up regretting it forever. So I continued with what happened that morning, being as honest as I could be about how I felt and what happened. “It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be,” I told him.

Josh paused in tying up his boot to look at me, “What wasn’t?”

“Kissing Jordan.”

“I don’t want to hear it!” He snapped, cringing when he yanked too hard on his laces.

“It was…” I stared down at him as I tried to think of what kissing Jordan was like. “…Comfortable. Familiar. And I mistakenly thought that it could possibly be more.”

“Anna!” Josh was glaring at me now. “I don’t want to hear it!” He grabbed his other boot and rammed his foot into it.

I glanced down at the floor, seeing it wasn’t too dirty or wet, I lowered my body onto it. Scratching my forehead briefly to help me think of what happened that day, I continued my unwanted confession. “Since I didn’t push him away,” I paused. “Well I guess I somewhat invited it, he moved over me and came to rest against my body as his lips moved against mine.”

“Stop it!” Josh cried out as if he was in agony. “Just stop it,” he pleaded as he dropped to one knee before me, his right hand flat against the floor in front of him as he tried to steady himself.

I hesitated, I wanted to finish telling him but yet I didn’t want to hurt him anymore. He wanted to know, I told myself. He has to know now, it’s the only way you can start to really work pass this. Or move on if he doesn’t want to be with you anymore.

“I won’t lie to you,” I raked both my hands through my hair as I sighed heavily. “I felt something when his body first came in contact with mine.”

Josh’s other knee dropped to the floor, his shoulders slumped. “You are killing me,” he barely whispered.

Part of me wanted to stop then but I didn’t. Maybe it was a little cruel of me but I needed him to know everything. “I started to think that maybe there was more to what I was feeling than I ever thought there could be. I never really enjoyed having guys that close to me, I always end up pushing them off or breaking away and saying something to totally kill the mood. But I didn’t with Jordan,” I watched as Josh fell back into his butt, he drew his knees up to his chest and he sat there with his arms around them, listening to me. I wanted him to turn around so that I could see the emotions as they showed on his face but he continued to face the wall.

“Which surprised me and I started to think.” I paused to see if Josh would say anything, he didn’t. “I started to think about the feelings I was having and I couldn’t remember a time where I’ve ever felt that way with a guy…”

Josh moved suddenly. For a guy that’s 6’2, I was shocked at how fast he managed to get to his feet and reach for the door knob.

I didn’t move at all. “…Except for every moment that I thought about you.”

His hand stopped half way to the door knob; he slowly turned his head towards me.

I closed my eyes and leaned back against the wall. “Except when I thought about you,” I repeated with a little laugh. Opening my eyes, I gazed up at him. “I was kissing Jordan and the feelings I was having were only comparable to thinking about you?”

I waited a couple seconds for the words I spoke to sink into his head. I shook my head, “I stopped kissing him and he knew something changed because he pulled back and went to ask me something to me but all we heard was, ‘What doing Ama?’”

Silence settled over the room, I didn’t realize how quite Zack’s house was until that moment. I sat there on the floor wanting to sink through it because I wasn’t sure if anything I just said mattered at all.

Josh’s hand closed around the door knob.

He should've just rammed a knife into my heart, it wouldn't have hurt half as much.

33 comments:

Anna said...

Good Morning Everyone!

I know you guys LOVE the cliff hangers! That's why I do them! ~l~

Eventhough it would hurt to know, I would have to know. It's not knowing why that leaves me unable to sleep.

I hope everything is great for everyone!

EJ said...

Good lord that's deep. I think its crappy that he pushed Anna to tell and now he's reacting like this.

AWESOME post!

Anonymous said...

Everyone is different Anna!

Personally like I said I'd never want to know. I was cheated on by a guy and I found out it happened I didn't want details. I wanted to know nothing about it, and distance myself. I honestly believe it would only have hurt more had I known.

These are great blogs and I love the storyline. :)

The Middle Child said...

I swear you keep me begging for more with this story! He asked for it, he forced her to talk about it then changed his mind... well sorry, it doesn't work that way. Men are so 'duh' sometimes.

Vikki said...

O M G!!

I understand that finding out that Anna didn't stop Jordan was a shock, but Josh asked for it and now he's gotta deal with it. Running out isn't dealing with it. I'm a little disappointed with him.

I'm going to cry now. Great post though.

Snoopy said...

Too many details... even if you realized you only wanted him! Shoulda white lied from the beginning... if you don't want Jordan, then its not important... or do you maybe kinda want him?

Please try things with Jordan... I cannot stand Josh...

Anonymous said...

I knew things wern't going to go that easy!! He wanted to know, but I would of been mad at that explaination too. She made it sound like she does have more than friendship feelings for Jordan...

Anonymous said...

Wow, I thought Josh was more mature than this. I mean I would want to know too but I would hear her out. Men!!!

I was finally starting to be on Team Josh but now I don't know...Josh has disappointed me.

Carmel Beauty said...

I am glad things are not that easy for them to get back together if it was then it wouldn't be real and it probably wouldn't last

Anonymous said...

I guess jocelyn and I are the lone hold-outs for Team Jordan. But today's blog said it all----she's comfortable with him. Maybe that's what I found so appealing. That and it seems like Josh needs to be reassured a lot. I'm just too old to work at that! :-)

Anonymous said...

C'mon Team Jordan, I don't think it's over yet! There really is something to say about how EVERYONE in Anna & Jordan's lives think they should be together. Even Anna & Jordan begin to explore the possibility, but somehow the timing is always off. They should just be boyfriend/girlfriend and really see if they are meant for each other.

Team Jordan! Team Jordon! Rah, Rah, Rah!

Anonymous said...

I am still team Josh, even if he just disappointed me. He really made her tell him and now he is just going to walk out? No way, he won't get very far. He will come back......he has to. They are so perfect together and what about Jesse. He wants "ama". Oh please make him come back. I love this blog and the other too. You have a great talent. Keep it up girl!!

Thank you.

Chris

Anonymous said...

Catrina, Jocelyn and Anon 12:46 - I'm on Team Jordan too! I have been from the start. Friends make the best lovers......sometimes it just takes a while for them figure it out! Everyone else has already figured it out - they will too. Coach Baker is being a jerk - he needs to grow up and quit being so wishy-washy.

Anonymous said...

Oh, the PAIN!!!

Why do you keep wounding me like this, the pain just keeps coming.

God you are good, this just keeps getting better and better.

YOU ROCK!!!!

GO TEAM JOSH!!!

GG

Anonymous said...

TEAM JOSH!!!! TEAM JOSH!!!! TEAM JOSH!!!! :):):):):)

Anonymous said...

How could Anna be so selfish?? I am so disappointed in her actions!

BTW....LOVE this blog. Well written!

Anonymous said...

How could Anna be so selfish?? I am so disappointed in her actions!

BTW....LOVE this blog. Well written!

Anonymous said...

TEAM JOSH JOSH JOSH!

Anonymous said...

TEAM JOSH ALL THE WAY!!!!! He didn't dissapointed me you really gotta be on the guy's shoes to understand...... when you really love someone hearing them say things like that kill you little by little and you cannot not ask them because your imagination makes things even worse.... No matter what I stand by Josh especially since I have gone thru that..... I don't like Jordan at all maybe a little at the beginning but he pushes anna to the edge and it's just annoying. However, I'm gonna root for another team here too TEAM JORDAN/CASSIE we should give the niece a chance and let Josh and Anna be happy!!!!!

THANKS FOR THE POST!!!

Anonymous said...

Been there and dated the best friend. Everyone thought we would be awesome together, we had the same interests, likes, dislike, values and all. We had a few too many drinks one night, kissed and then it went from there - slowly. We didn't want to ruin the friendship, but in the end that is what happend. Not only did it ruin our friendship, but also many friendships with others that chose sides. Turned very ugly very fast.

To me, the unknown is the excitment in a new relationship. If you are very comfortable in the begining, it will get old (boring), very quickly.
Remain friends with Jordan, and pursue Josh. You have the excitement, some comfort already established and still alot of things to learn about each other, enjoy this time to explore the new life you have waiting for you.

Anonymous said...

Ok I guess I can understand when everyone says they are disappointed in Josh...but I mean yea he asked for the story but no one said he had to like it and then get back together with Anna then and there! He needs to know the truth and she cheated on him, so if he can't live with that then it's his decision to make whether he goes or leaves.

Anonymous said...

i guess it's ok for josh to take some time to digest all the information anna just told him. I mean, it's a lot! you can't just assume that he will take her in his arms again and act like nothing has happened. I do hope they will work it out together though, they have to!!!

Anonymous said...

give the poor guy a break. if i had just heard that stuff from a guy i was in love with i would want to jump up and race out of there too. he may have asked for it but it doesn't make it any easier to hear.

Anonymous said...

Josh isn't going anywhere.

Linda

Anonymous said...

I'm with team Jordan!!!!

Anonymous said...

you people are crazy
yeah he may have aske dof rit
but anybody in there right mine wouldve reacted the same way.
Jsoh has evvery right o feel the way he does, and to not want to hear it. I know i woudve stopped it or tryed to. Have a little compassion for his sitaution.

Anonymous said...

Can I just say, the comment section is almost as much fun as the blog itself!

The dialogue about Team Josh/Team Jordan is not only hilarious, it's also really cool to see different sides of the situation.

To the writer: I'm so impressed. I've been keeping up w/the blog and w/the comments and you really seem to address your reader's concerns/comments in your story. It's also a delight that you give us all a 'shout out' in the very first comment. Kudos to you!

Carolyn

Lynn said...

OK, I can understand Josh needing to digest the information, but isn't that what he has been doing for the last 2 months! I could understand his reaction if this was all happening within the last week, but he's had 2 months. I am still TEAM JOSH - but at the same time disappointed in him.

tita said...

I'm not at all dissapointed in Josh, because although he had 2 months to understand what happened he didn't really knew what happened, he needs time.
I'm still 100% team Josh!!!!
XOXO

Carmel Beauty said...

Team Josh Team Josh

Anna said...

so to let you all know...I am - right now - working on the next post...I'm not sure how long it will take to finish it...but I'm hoping it doesn't take that long...~g~

Anonymous said...

AGAIN!! Don't ask a question you don't want to know the answer to! I agree with Amy that Josh is behaving immaturely. I realized he was shocked about what he heard, but if that was the way it was going to be he should have said "Tell me what happened - I have to know. But only if it's going to be all about me and make me be able to forgive you" Can't have it both ways. You can't tell her you NEED to know and then pull away when she tell you what you don't want to hear.

I'm on Team NEW GUY!

Stacey

Lynn said...

Team NEW GUY, now that made me chuckle!