Monday, June 11, 2007

Taking The Future In My Hands

After lunch Zack seemed to be looking for things to keep him busy in the house so he wouldn’t have to go outside and finish shoveling. I didn’t tell him that Jordan was coming over because I wasn’t so sure he would actually show up; I didn’t want to get Zack’s hopes up. When the hour had come and gone, I was glad that I didn’t tell Zack. I knew I couldn’t get mad at Jordan for not coming out, he didn’t have to do it but I was disappointed because he told me he would be there.

I was down in my room waiting for Zack to finished with the squeaky door that he amazingly ‘found’ when he ran out of things on Mary’s list of things for him to do. I was flipping through one of the many photo albums that I had of my years with the guys, when Cassie came knocking on my door. After I told her to come in, she joined me on my bed. “What are you doing?” She asked as she looked at the photos with me. I told her that I was reliving the past. “I thought you didn’t want to ever think of him again?”

I sighed, “It’s hard to explain Cassie.”

“Try,” she said, looking at a picture of Jordan when he was about her age.

“I’m not sure if what I did was right,” I told her and when she gave me a questioning look I continued. “I mean, I’m so mad at him for everything he has done since Josh came back into my life; the lying, telling me he had feelings for me and trying to force me to be with him or kiss him or whatever.” I looked up at Cassie. “I’m not sure if ending my friendship with Jordan was the way to go.”

“Why aren’t you sure? Are you saying that you might have made a mistake and Jordan might mean more to you than you like to admit?” Cassie was no longer looking at the photos; she was staring at me, waiting for me to answer.

“No!” I shook my head, “I’m not saying that at all. I still believe that Jordan and I wouldn’t last as anything more than friends.”

“But?”

I shrugged, “But nothing Cassie. I just miss him. I miss the silliness, the laughter, and the long talks about nothing. I miss having someone who knows what I’m thinking longer before I do. I was so mad that morning Cassie. He wasn’t listening to me and I needed to get out of there. I reacted without really thinking about what I was saying,” I chuckled. “Go figure, right?”

“Yeah,” Cassie tried to hide a smile. “You never do that!”

“Hey!” I laughed, “I know, I tend to react and then think about it. That’s what got me in this mess in the first place! I kissed Jordan! What the hell was I thinking? I knew Josh was coming over, I knew he would have Jess with him, I knew that if he saw me crossing the friends line with Jordan he would bail on our relationship; he pretty much told me that already.”

“Then why did you kiss Jordan?”

I closed my eyes and sighed, “I wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing out on something.”

Cassie didn’t say anything for a moment as she thought about what I said. “Aunt Anna?” She glanced at me, “Can I say something?”

“Sure,” I told her, I wasn’t so certain I wanted to hear what she had to say though.

She shifted her position on the bed, she was now facing me. Reaching out her hands, she took hold of mine. “I know I didn’t seem too excited about the idea of you dating Coach Baker in the beginning and yeah, I did think that Jordan was perfect for you but I’ve seen you with both of them and there is some thing about the Coach that made you happier than I’ve ever seen you. Everyone sees it and you know it but I think you are afraid of it, I think you are scared of being serious about someone.”

“I can be serious about someone,” I told her defensively.

Cassie shook her head, “I never said you couldn’t be I said you were afraid to be. I believe that you kissed Jordan because you knew Josh wouldn’t like it; I think you wanted to slow things down with him but every time you tried, you didn’t think it was working.”

“But Josh was doing everything I wanted him to do, he said we would slow down, he was going to help me move Cassie. He wanted our relationship to work, even if that meant he had to deal with my over friendliness with Jordan.”

Cassie sighed, “Well if it’s not what I said, then maybe you do love Jordan but you are in denial.”

I rolled my eyes, “I don’t love Jordan!”

“Yes you do!”

“No! I! Don’t!” I glared at her. “I don’t.”

“Dee-nial!” She laughed.

“Cassie, I’m not going to argue with you about this!” I told her as I jumped off my bed, “I have to go help your father shovel.”

Cassie followed me all the way upstairs whispering, ‘dee-nial’ as we went. I was very grateful when I finally found Zack standing out by the door looking out the window. “What do you know about this?” He asked when I got closer to him.

Glancing out the window, I smiled as Jordan made his way through the snow and up the front step. “He came!” I exclaimed as I grabbed the door knob and yanked the door open. “Hey!” I beamed at a very surprised Jordan.

But the surprise didn’t last too long, Jordan’s face was soon void of any emotions as he looked pass me to my brother. “I thought you might want some help,” he told him.

“Yes!” Zack exclaimed before telling Jordan he had to get his gear on. “Why don’t you come in and wait?”

Jordan looked like he was going to say ‘ok’ until he glanced my way. “No, that’s ok. I think I’ll just get started.” Without another word, he turned and headed down the steps towards the bobcat he rode up the drive on.

It took about two hours for the guys to remove the snow with the bobcat and then shovel the remaining areas they couldn’t get at properly. I was sitting in the living room waiting for them to be done, I was so sure that Zack would invite Jordan in and not take no for an answer. But when the door opened, Zack was the only one standing there.

“Where’s Jordan?” Mary asked as she helped Zack out of his frozen clothes. “Didn’t you tell him to come in?”

Zack nodded, “Yeah but he said he’d rather not.” He glanced at me but didn’t say anything and I knew I was the reason Jordan didn’t want to come in. Not that I needed Zack to tell me.

As quickly as I could, I pulled on my boots and jacket, I ran out the door and down the lane part way, yelling after Jordan as he drove away on the bob cat.

I was feeling worst than ever as I entered the house again, Zack tried to tell me that Jordan didn’t hear me but I knew as well as he did, that Jordan could hear me, he just chose not to stop.

“Maybe he had plans Anna,” Mary offered.

“Maybe,” I managed to give her a weak smile. “I just wanted to talk to him. I was hoping to talk to him.”

An hour later, I was down in my room when Cassie busted in. “So guess who I was just talking too!”

“Ben?” I guessed, not really caring who it was.

“No!” She exclaimed, “I was just talking to Jordan, who is home, alone. With no plans for tonight except to veg out in front of the TV.”

I shrugged, “So?”

“Aunt Anna!” Cassie groaned and fell to her knees on my bed. “He doesn’t have any plans, you don’t have any plans and you want to talk to him.”

I jumped up, “You think I should go over there?” She nodded her head excitedly. “Do you think he’ll want to see me? What if he slams the door in my face?”

“Have something in your hands that he can’t resist?”

My eyes widen as I had an idea. “I just happen to know that Jordan is a sucker for Chinese, I think I’ll pay Mrs. Chung a visit.” I headed towards my door. “Thanks Cassie!”

“Yes!” Cassie screamed and then laughed. “Oh you might want to change out of your pjs though!”

A half hour later, I walked into our favorite Chinese restaurant and was greeted warmly by Mrs. Chung. I told her I wanted to place an order for take out and when I went to tell her what I wanted, she stopped me and told me what I was ordering. “15 minutes,” she told me as she disappeared into the back.

I turned from the counter to take a seat at the first table by the counter where customers always waited for their food, when I felt someone watching me. Glancing around the restaurant, I noticed a few people that I knew but none of them were looking in my direction. At first I thought I was just being paranoid and started to sit down but then I saw him. In the far corner of the restaurant, at a table for 4, sat the man of my dreams. He was staring directly at me so I stared back at him. He didn’t blink, smile or move in any way shape or form, he just stared at me through the semi crowded restaurant.

Then he stood up and headed towards the back of the restaurant, towards the bathrooms. I let out the breath I was holding. It was a good thing I let that breath out because if I didn’t, everyone in the restaurant would’ve heard it being knocked out of me as I realized that he wasn’t alone, at his table sat his cousin, Mark and Mark’s wife and a woman I never seen before.

I wanted to throw up, he’s on a date!

I ran towards the bathroom as I felt the need to puke get stronger but once I reached the back of the restaurant, the door I pushed open wasn’t the one I should’ve went into.

“Oh excuse me,” said an older gentleman who almost ran into me as he was coming out of the door I was going into. I don’t think he realized what I was doing until he was a couple feet from me, he stopped and turned to look but I had already slipped pass the closing men’s room door.

27 comments:

Anna said...

Good Morning Everyone!

Welcome to the post that never wanted to end...~l~

I hope you like...see you all tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

So.... is she chasing Josh (which she shouldn't) or did she go in mistakenly to hurl(all the while subconciously wanting to corner Josh)...

I don't think this is going to turn out well... especially since she was on her way to Jordan's...

So it's more important to right things with Jordan than to straighten things out with Josh...

I think Cassie was more right with her first idea..

Actually, could hse have been right with both of them?

Anonymous said...

I love the posts that never want to end!! Great post. Keep it up.

Snoopy said...

I SO SO SO want her to end up with Jordan... I really don't like Josh... To just not even talk to her, and dismiss what they had with no closure... He sucks!

Anonymous said...

I love the never ending posts. I am so torn between Jordan and Josh. I think Cassie is right though there is something about her when she is with Josh. THis is not going to end pretty.
M

Anonymous said...

I can feel for Anna. It seems like everytime she tries to straighten part of this mess out it seems like she gets deeper. I think she was just feeling sick and ran to the bathroom not realizing which one it is. I don't think she went in after Josh as someone else had mentioned. It just hit her again that Josh and her aren't together and she was overwhelmed. However, I don't think Josh is on a date. I think it has something to do with Josh's mom or Jesse's custody since he is with his cousin. Let's hope anyway!

~Lisa

Anonymous said...

Well i think she decided to make things right with Jordan first because they've been friends longer and because at least they are having some contact in the past days.

Josh didn't even return her call or anything..Great Post!

Anonymous said...

or maybe because Jordan would be easier to win over??

Lynn said...

I love this story...enough to create an identity!

I am definately Team Josh.

The story has me so wrapped up in the emotions, that I felt sick after reading about seeing Josh with another woman.

Anonymous said...

NNOOOO If what cassie says is true about Jordan I'll give up with this post.....hmmm actually not lol but anyways I dunno I like Jordan too and I wanted to see that going on at the beginning but now I can't see anna with anyone but Josh what they had was especial once in a lifetime thing and to see it gradually coming apart is killing me. I'm on Team Josh too heck if he was for real I would go for that man HAHA Anyways thanks for the post

D

Anonymous said...

Team Josh- all the way here! Jordan should be begging for Anna's forgiveness after trying to force himself on her, not giving her the silent treatment.

~Amy

EJ said...

Team Josh!! Jordan's behavior has been completely destructive regardless of who has feelings for who. I'm pissed that she feels the urge to go after him so bad. I can appreciate the whole "missing your friend" thing, but he hasn't been a good friend.

Anonymous said...

Great Post. I really want to see Josh and Anna get back together. I have a feeling that he really isn't on a date, and that Anna just jumped to conclusions because she is so emotional lately. The woman is probably just a family member Anna hasn't met - someone who is visiting Josh's mom.....At least that is what I am hoping for anyway!

Jordan needs to get over himself. If Anna is trying to make their friendship work, then he should too.

Misty

Anonymous said...

i'm with misty here! i don't think josh is on a date!oh what will happen if they bump into eachother in the mensroom!!! i don't think jordan is giving anna the silent treatment though, i guess he's just trying to stay away from her.. give her space and all...
vicky we need you and your jedi powers for a double post!!! =)

Anonymous said...

Still Team Jordan! Even if they'll only be friends, they need to get things worked out. I'm still not completely sure about Josh, but I'm sure I LOVE this blog!

Anonymous said...

With Anna being so emotional over the little things lately, and feeling the need to vomit, does anyone else think she could possibly be pregnant... it has been a month or so since she's been with him and if she's missed her period, she may be chalking it up to the stress in her life... just a thought!

Kate

MonkeySpeak said...

I'd love it if she were preggers.. lol well.. i dunno.. it may not be the best thing.. but it sure would be good reading!!!! josh would have to talk to her.. although that would the WRONG REASON for them to have to talk again. they need to talk because they need to talk, not be forced to talk!!! although it looks as if that is about to happen!!! i hope.

although it may just be nerves, i know when my nerves get that bad, i have gotten sick. its horrible. i mean its only happened once or twice but after a particularly bad breakup, i was so upset, well...ugh... yea. it was horrible... and seeing him... oh god. i feel for you anna, really i do.

and i dont necessarily think it was a date either. too soon for him to be on a date if he was so in love with her ya know? no matter how angry he might be i dont think he would run off on a date that quickly if he REALLY loved her? and i think he ran into the bathroom because he got emotional over seeing her too!

Anonymous said...

Anna!! DOUBLE POST PPLLLEEEAAASSSEEE!!! I have an addiction and I just can't stop it!!

Anonymous said...

Great posts as always. I love coming back from the weekend with a couple posts to read. :)

I feel bad for Anna, its so tough what she's going through, but she can't assume he's on a date.
And I wouldn't say she's pregnant. I'd feel like she did too. She needs to leave and talk to Jordan.

Anonymous said...

not to be mean, but the blog went through a spot where it was almost like the same old same old everytime.. now it's EXCITING AGAIN! YESSS! i hope josh is on a date. i understand that anna wants jordan back, but maybe jordan isn't the same person he used to be anymore. anna changed, so why can't jordan change? i think that jordan will never be the same jordan she wants him to be again.. not with everything thats going on.

Anonymous said...

omg this is going to be interesting!!...anna will walk in and in the bathroom the song "wait for you " by elliot will play and then they will realize their love for each other and talk it out and be in love lol!!!! *sigh* i wish...lol or do i wish with her to be with Jordan urghhh i dunno well at least she might get a chance to talk to him but i have a feeling that its not going to go to well and that hes going to see his necklace and ring and want them back...i agree with gatormonkey (lol feels so weird to type that name!) i think that he went to the bathroom because he got emotional over seeing her and wanted her so badly but couldnt

Anonymous said...

even though i hope it's josh and he got upset, he was pretty upset when they broke up. he said he wanted to erase her, and he probably was doing just that. i bet he is on a date, a blind date or some kind of set up. he's probably having a good time, but still misses anna.

Anonymous said...

First off, GO TEAM JOSH!!!

I agree with Amy and Misty and a few others. Jordan needs to chill with the attitude. I also think that Josh left for the bathroom because he was feeling the emotional over seeing Anna. And Anna wasn't paying attention and accidently went into the mens' room.

Phew! That was a lot! Great post.

Vikki

PS. Sorry Mya, I think it's too late for my jedi mind trick :^(

Anonymous said...

i think that if it is josh, them both being in the mens room is a good thing. gives them a place to work things out. as for the date, i think it was a set up from his family to try to get him happy again. or he's not even on a date.

Anonymous said...

Wow what a post. I love the ones that don't want to end. I got too busy yesterday to finish it so i had to finish this morning. I really hope that Josh isn't out on a date and that Anna doesn't just go in there and yell at him. I think she went in there on purpose. But i still don't see this ending well if they do talk and she ends up telling him she was going to see Jordan. Wow oh wow can't wait for todays post. This weekend i will be gone so when i get back on Monday i will have bunches to read........yeah!!

Chris

The Middle Child said...

AAARRRGGGGHHHHH!!! It's so tough to decide about Josh. I love the way he makes her feel and the way she could see spending her whole life with him, but then he goes and totally ignores her after the mistake that she made... I know he is hurting too, but he really needs to get over himself and talk to Anna about what happened instead of making the break up so set in stone like it could never be reversed. I'd like to see Anna and Jordan be friends again, but how can you trust him after he deliberately came onto her after she asked him not to... granted she didn't stop him that time... I could go on forever.

I NEED ANOTHER POST!

PCS said...

Team JOSH all the way!!!