Monday, June 4, 2007

When Does It Get Easier?

After I explained to Jordan the conversation I had with my brother the day I ran out of there, he stood silent for quite some time. I could tell that he wasn’t too happy about what I told him.

“So that’s why Josh…” I sighed, lowering my head; the stabbing pain in my chest almost took my breath away as I thought about him and what I did again. “He was going to help me pack.”

“I bet he was happy about that, anything to get you out of here and away from me,” Jordan mumbled.

“That’s not true Jordan and you know it!” I snapped at him. I was starting to wonder why I spent so much time defending my friendship with him to Josh.

“Of course it’s true Anna!” Jordan grabbed me by the shoulders, “He hated me from the beginning and he didn’t care if anyone knew! He only asked you to move in with him to get you away from me!”

“NO!” I pulled my shoulders out of his grip. “Josh asked me to move in with him for the same reason he asked me to marry him! He loves me Jordan! I’m tired of you always putting my relationship down!”

Jordan stepped back a little and crossed his arms over his chest. He glared down at me, “What relationship?” He raised a brow, “Correct me if I’m wrong,” he said with a smirk. “But Josh just told you he didn’t want to see you again.” He leaned over; his face was so close to mine. “He doesn’t love you Anna and he probably never did. It’s amazing how easily you believed he did, he played you Anna.”

I watched Jordan as he said all this and all I could think of was how this guy was supposed to be my best friend, yet he seemed to take pleasure in the fact that I was hurting; a hurt that he helped cause. Who is this guy?

“If you had only listened to me in the beginning,” he continued. “You would never be in this situation. Josh wouldn’t have conned his way into your bed.”

“Josh didn’t con his way anywhere!” I glared at him. “I love him Jordan.”

Jordan laughed, “Love? What do you know about love?”

“I know a hell of a lot more than you do about it!”

“You know nothing! Love!” He scoffed, “Josh didn’t love you, he just wanted someone to screw. And look who jumped right on that one!”

“How dare you?” I punched him in the chest. “You have no idea what went on between Josh and I. You have no idea how it felt to be with him. You know nothing so why don’t you just shut up and leave me alone!”

“You are right, I don’t know. It must have been something special Babe for it took you all of two seconds to forget about him when you were in my bed.”

“Bastard!” I screamed as I swung my balled up hand and stuck him in the jaw. “I don’t care what you think Jordan, it means nothing to me. You mean nothing to me!”

“Anna!” Jordan was shocked…

…but I didn’t care.

I slowly backed away from him, tears streaming down my face. He tried to stop me but I wouldn’t let him. “I’ve spent the last month defending our friendship to Josh. I told him you were harmless and there was nothing between us. I told him I felt nothing for you besides friendship. He believed me and even tried to be friends with you because I wanted him too. But you did everything you could to come between us!”

“He knew how much I cared about you, you were my best friend, we’ve been through everything together! Even though he had his doubts and hesitations, he didn’t try to stop me from hanging out with you! In fact when I told him I wasn’t sure if we could be friends anymore after the other day, he encouraged me to try and work it out with you.”

“But that means nothing to you does it? When did you become this guy Jordan? When did you stop being my friend?”

“I never stopped Anna, Josh was just –

“No!” I held up my hand cutting him off. “Josh wasn’t doing anything! He didn’t want anything but for me to be happy! Even if that meant without him!” Jordan frowned. “You didn’t know that did you? He told me he’d step back if you were who I wanted to be with, I told him you weren’t because I didn’t love you like that.”

“But the kiss –

“I still don’t love you like that Jordan! I will never love you like that!” I sighed, even though it probably wasn't the nicest way to say it, I was glad that I finally said it. I didn't love Jordan like that, sure it felt nice to kiss him but there wasn't the same spark, the same energy jolt as when Josh would kiss me.


“Now if you’ll excuse me I have to pack.” I went to turn from him to walk into the kitchen when he grabbed me and tried to kiss me. “No!” I struggled against his grip. “I told you I didn’t want you to do that!” He wouldn’t let me go. “Jordan,” I cried as I continued to struggle. “Please stop!”

I managed to slap him and finally he released me. I knew what I had to do and it was probably the hardest thing I ever said.

“I hope you enjoyed the last 23 years Jordan because our friendship is over!”

I didn’t stick around for him to say anything; I took off running and didn’t stop until I was safely locked in my room. He had come after me, he was at my door knocking and asking me to let him in. “Anna don’t do this!” His voice was cracking as he spoke. “Please babe! I can’t lose you, I don’t know what I’ll do if you aren’t around.”

“Jordan go away!” I yelled through the door as I dialed a very familiar number. “I can’t be friends with you anymore, it hurts too much!”

“Anna please!” His knocking ceased and I heard a loud thump. I wasn’t sure what it was but it sounded like he fell against the door and slid to the floor. I could hear his sobs and mumblings of ‘babe please’ and ‘don’t leave me’ as a voice in my ear repeated ‘hello’ for the third time.

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

so sad. i really want josh and anna back together. please!

Anna said...

Good Morning Everyone!

Wow, lots of comments...I'm so happy! ~g~

First off, I don't think kissing a guy makes you a whore. If it does then I'm extremely whorish! ~l~

Life is never easy, there are times when you do stupid things and instantly regret them. I've done many stupid things in my 26 years and I'm sure I'll continue to make stupid choices. I wish I could stop that but it's always easier to look back and say, 'well that wasn't bright now was it?'

With that said, I'd like to thank everyone for commenting and sharing your opinions. I'm glad that you are feeling the anger and hurt that is written because I wasn't sure if it was coming across that well.

I hope that everyone has a great day!

MonkeySpeak said...

PLEASE BE JOSH SAYING HELLO!

Anonymous said...

WOW! My heart was in my throat as I read that. Is it crazy that I feel bad for Jordan still after reading that he was sobbing? I do NOT want those 2 together though! I hope Jordan is happy that he totally crossed the last line by FORCEFULLY kissing her. I can't believe he did that!

Anonymous said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... I'm so sad. I want Anna and Jordan together.

Hadley said...

I think it is Jenna saying hello. Reading these entries I can't help feeling bad for Jesse and Jenna. They should be shielded from all of the adult hurt and nastiness!

PCS said...

I think that even if josh takes her back thing will never be the same again... ant the numbre she was calling was probably her brothers...

Anonymous said...

Hopefully Josh and Anna will find their selves back into their lives like his grandparents, I can only HOPE!!!

GG

Anonymous said...

Anna,
I agree. Kissing isn't as big as sleeping with someone and I've done more than my fair share of kissing. :)
I think Anna got caught up in the moment and wanted to know what the kissing would be like and she made a mistake. We all have. I wish Josh would consider that, but at the same time, I don't think he was right for her. I don't know about Jordan though either, because of what he said to her. I don't feel like either of them know her. She needs time away to clear her head.


Great blogs!

EJ said...

WHEW!! That post left me out of breath!

Mallory said...

I have a good feeling she called Zack to come and help her. I dont know if it would be a good idea to bring him further into this mess but she needs some back up and definately needs to get out of that house if she ever wants to get Josh back. Once Josh relizes what he is missing then he will forgive her.

Anonymous said...

I agree with PCS...I think she called Zack to come help her. It is sad that it came to this with her and Jordan but he should have not sabotaged the relationship.
L

Anonymous said...

I waaaant her to have called Josh, but I bet she called Zach too. Hopefully Josh will realize what he's missing and take her back! I miss him already!!!

Anonymous said...

When is Anna going to step up and take responsibility for her own actions? Yes, Jordan pressured her and put her into bad situations, but she didn't exactly help herself out? She's the one who ultimately decided to make the gamble and gave in to him. Yes, Josh is the one who has been steamrollering this relationship down a fast-track, but again, Anna let him. She knew things were moving too fast, but she didn't say anything.

"Hidsight is always 20/20" is a pretty excuse, but that's all it is--an excuse. Anna should admit her mistakes, apologize to the people she's hurt, and step back and let people make their own decisions about how they want to handle it from there.

This may sound like a very critical comment....but I'm in love with this blog and the characters....what can I say, I'm emotionally invested! :-P

Anonymous said...

I guess I am whorish, too! :0) I totally understand the situation Anna was in. Imagine, having the one person in the world that you had feelings for but never reciprocated them back, actually want to kiss you. It makes me warm just thinking of it!

Anyway, I really liked Jordan until today. Where did all this cockiness come from???? She made Josh sound like a great guy, too. I must have really been blind to it all.

I hope she called Josh but I am sure it is Zack. Get out of there Anna so he can't hurt you anymore.
M

Shar said...

Didn't Anna say in the last post that she felt the same sparks with Jordan as she felt with Josh? Either way, Jordan is a basketcase and I'm glad Josh finally went away. I like Anna, but I don't think she's ready for a relationship and Josh obviously is.

Great post!!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I know this is suposed to be part real/part fiction but I read these blogs to escape reality for a bit. If Anna and Josh were to stay together and live happily ever after, what would there be to read about? I think she should take some time alone to figure things out. I don't want to see her back with Josh, he was waaaaayyy too controlling!!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with anon 3:21
Josh is way to controlling. She definitly doesn't need to jump right in a relationship with Jordan... but she did say that she felt the same sparks with jordan that she did with Josh... and now 20 minutes later she doesn't feel anything for him???

Anonymous said...

it said that she heard that voice for the THIRD TIME.. i'm pretty sure she's called her brother and anyone else that anna has mentioned before more than three times, unless it's hank, which i don't think it is. although calling hank would be good i think, because i don't think he'd hesitate in coming to get her. anna isn't a whore, but i definately don't think she's making the best decisions. jordan isn't going to be happy until he rapes her. all the time he's trying to forcefully kiss her.. it's disturbing. maybe when anna had jenna in her arms that day she went to the auto shop to show jordan that she got her from heather [i think that's her name..] jordan decided he liked the picture of anna holding his babies and decided that's how it was going to be from now on..?

Anonymous said...

i think rape is a strong word.
if jordan wasnt forceful with anna then she would never really get the picture. Have you ever had a guy just grab you and kiss you? sometimes its not that bad lol.
I think that most of this is annas fault obviously.
I think jordan got so cocky was because he was finally showing anna what kind of guy that jordan thought josh was. I think anna and jordan should be together. Alot of people dont think so because of the way hes been showed in these blogs and thats either jealous or as annas best friend.
but when they sit on the couch and just be with eachother... it fits.

Jenny said...

I have never perceived Josh as controlling. He is divorced and has a child, so I think he was just very sure of what he wanted and made that clear to Anna. But he gave her numerous opportunities to figure out what she wanted and she always seemed to go with it. Also I think Anna herself is confused, one moment kissing Jordan is like kissing Josh, then she explains that away by saying it was out of comfort, and then that it was out of curiosity...she needs to make up her mind. And for Donna, I think when the person said hello for the third time, it was because they had picked up the phone and been saying hello but Anna wasn't listening

MonkeySpeak said...

I never saw josh as controlling... I agree with those who say he knew what he wanted... but whenever anna asked for space he gave it to her! if he were controlling he would make it clear it was his way or the highway and it was NEVER like that. when she told him she felt like they were going to fast and she was moving in with her brother, he was supportive. He was always understanding of her friendship with Jordan and even pushed her not to throw that away....

you want to talk controlling??? look at jordan!! hes FREAKING OUT about her moving out of the house... he cant live without her... he persistently tries to kiss her, and yes Anna is responsible for her own actions but it's hard not to be confused sometimes. I was confused about my best guy friend and im sure if he showed signs of interest it would make it harder for me! I know for a fact we aren't meant ot be together... no matter how well we may fit on a couch together.... Jordan has pushed her constantly to end her relationship regardless of the fact that she was happy, and he is only Happy when she does shit his way.....

cmon guys look at it : Josh - content with anything as long as Anna is happy and they are together
Jordan: Only happy when Anna is with him and things are going HIS way...

thats how it looks to me at least....

Anonymous said...

Oh My GAHHHHH!!!!

I CANNOT believe Jordan. Yes, anon 4:09, it can be nice for a guy to just grab you and kiss you. But how many times has Anna asked him not to? He was out of line period!

The whole time I was reading I was hoping Josh would come back and over hear what was going on :-( Wishful thinking I guess...

I think it was Hank that she called, but it could be Zach. I can't wait to see...

This was one of the BEST posts EVER, My heart is racing!!! Anna, you ROCK!!!!

Vikki

Anonymous said...

Wow what a post. I almost feel sorry for Jordon, but right now he is not being a friend. He is getting a little crazy. I really hope that Josh and Anna can get back together. I loved them together. I love this and your other blog too. Great writing. You keep things so intense i have to come back and see what is next. Oh and i finally got caught up tonight. I just sat at my computer til i finished todays post. But now the downfall is that i have to wait for the next post like everyone else......... sad....LOL

Chris

Anonymous said...

Being happily married for 20 years to a man who was first my friend, I must admit I'm on Team Jordan! But I do like Josh, and the relationship she has with Jesse is so sweet! So...I'm torn! I just want Anna to be happy!

Anonymous said...

i agree with catrina i just want anna to be happy!!lol..
i dont noe why but i still like jordan i dont noe what it is but i still do! he has forcefully tried to kiss anna like three times even tho she asked him not to (but in his defence the last time that he tried to kiss her, she let him)...and his sudden cockiness is starting to get on my nerves but somehow i manage to still really like jordan and when he was apologizing to anna and slammed his hand against the door and slid to the floor and was sobbing 'babe please'...i could help but really really bad for him and extremely sad....anna u have to have a happy post soon! i dont noe how much of this emotional tornado i can take! i am totally confused about who i want anna to be with...josh or jordan?

Anonymous said...

I really dislike Jordan- and I agree- he is the controlling one. Who looks their roommates door so they can't get in? And then tries to force her to kiss him? I thought Jordan was a jerk from the start and I hope he and Anna don't end up together. Hopefully Josh can forgive Anna, but it will be hard to trust her again.

~Amy

Anonymous said...

Oh my- for the second day in a row I typed look instead of lock!

The Middle Child said...

I want you to find a way to get Josh and Anna back together. Please?

MonkeySpeak said...

ACK i cant stop commenting because im dying for the next post! and this seems to be the only thing that is helping me wait!!

i agree completely that your love should be your friend! but has jordans actions of late really been that of a friend?!?! would a friend control anna like he has?? hes been toooooo needy. josh has had some MAJOR problems and yet, whenever anna can't be by his side he understands


SOOOOO ON TEAM JOSH! YAY FOR MR WONDERFUL!

(haha btw, i call the guy i am talking to handsome ;) im all about it anna. you rock! really, favorite blog!)