Saturday, April 21, 2007

Underwraps

After all the tension at Jordan’s parents’ house, spending the night in Josh’s arms was exactly what I needed. I woke up feeling so happy and…alone? I quickly sat up, looking at the clock, it was quarter to seven; I guess Josh is out jogging.

Sighing, I plopped back against the mattress and my thoughts turned to Jordan. What the hell is up with his father? I thought for sure that hearing about Jenna would make him a little bit friendlier to Jordan. Maybe it’s time to see what Harriet can tell me about it, there’s no way she’s enjoying the tension. Especially now.

“Those most be some serious thoughts you are having,” Josh’s voice broke through my mind’s ramble. He was leaning against the wall near the closet, with only a towel wrapped around his waist. “Now,” he pushed off the wall and started towards me. “I know you weren’t thinking about me.” He knelt on the bed and leaned over me, “I like to think there would’ve been a naughty smile on these lips, if you were.” He touched his fingers against my lips for a brief moment before he kissed me softly.

Reaching up, I tugged at the towel until it fell from his hips. When I smiled, he chuckled. “That’s the one I was talking about.”

Josh slipped into bed with me and pulled me close. “Care to tell me what’s on your mind sweetheart?”

Sighing, I snuggled up against him. “I’m trying to figure out why Jordan’s dad is an ass to him.” I told him everything that happened last night; John’s attitude towards Jordan, what he said to him and what he said to me.

I didn’t know what Josh would say when I was done but I didn’t expect his first words. “Are you ok?” Puzzled, I asked him why I wouldn’t be ok. Josh moved the sheets back and started to look me over. “You said he grabbed you, I want to know if he hurt you.”

“Oh,” I glanced down at my arms. “No, I’m fine. I’m more hurt because of the way he treats Jordan. I don’t understand it.”

Josh asked me a few questions; if John had always treated Jordan this way, if Jordan ever did something to John, things like that.

“As far as I know it’s been like this most of Jordan’s life. I think when he was younger it was just normal stuff; Jordan was pretty independent at an early age, he was a little lippy and didn’t understand why he couldn’t do some things when he wanted. I know he wasn’t too interested in going home when we were in elementary school but I like to think that it was because I was so cool.” I joked; Josh gave me a kiss and told me I was cool.

“The first time I can remember him telling me anything about it was when we were in junior high. He told me that he got into a huge fight with his dad and he wasn’t sure what it was about. He said that he came home from his work experience and his dad just flipped out on him. It’s been like that ever since.” I shrugged, “I don’t know, I’ve tried to think of what it could be but nothing makes sense.”

“What about Mike? Nick? Does he treat them all the same?”

I shook my head, “No with them there seems to be nothing they can do wrong. Once Nick backed into a pole with his dad’s car. John got upset but he didn’t flip out. But when Jordan misplaced the oil cap when he was changing the oil in his mom’s car, John flipped out. He started yelling at him, ‘What the hell were you doing? How could you misplace the cap?’ Stuff like that. When Jordan found the cap moments later, all John said was ‘next time look for the damn thing before you tell me you lost it’.” I growled, “Jordan didn’t even tell him he lost it, John came in when Jordan went to put the cap on and - what?” I happened to glance up at Josh and he was given me a funny look.

Josh shook his head. “Calm down tiger,” he smiled.

“I’m sorry; it just bugs me that John is like that with Jordan.”

He nodded, “I know honey. It doesn’t sound normal to me. I don’t know what to tell you.”

“I know,” I gave him a hug. “I just needed to get it out before I blew up.”

We both laughed at that, and not long after Josh told me he had to get ready for work.

Josh gave me a ride home that morning and I didn’t get to see him at all for the next couple of days.

I was working Friday morning. Actually I was on my break when my cell rang, it was Josh. I loved it when he called me, every time I heard his voice on the phone, I couldn’t help but feel happy. That feeling was multiplied by ten when he called me at work. “Hey beautiful, how are you doing?”

I couldn’t help the huge grin that spread across my face. “Hey sexy, I’m doing great now. How is your day going?”

“Umm it’s going good,” he didn’t sound so good though.

“What’s wrong?”

Josh sighed, “I have to ask you a favor. A big favor.”

8 comments:

Anna said...

Good Morning Saturday readers, it's so great to have you guys checking in today ~s~

I hope you are all having a great weekend so far...I'll be back tomorrow with another entry...no surprises there ~l~

Anonymous said...

Anna, I cant get enough the first thing I did this morning was check for another post!!! Great post.... with a cliffhanger!!
Amanda

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for posting every day.
It's fabulous.

Anonymous said...

whats the favor?!?!?*sigh* i guess i have to wait until tomorrow!....love the posts anna!

Mehreen said...

Thanks for writing on the weekend! I doubt the favor is that big, but can't wait to hear what it is! Oh, and I would totally be like Anna, I am very protective over my friends!

Anonymous said...

hmm what could it be? what could it be??? maybe she needs to babysit or something =)

Anonymous said...

LOVE weekend posts. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

What could the favor be?
L