Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Family Ties

I was lost in some crazy dream; I wish I remembered what it was. I think I remember dreaming that I was trying to call someone, I’m not sure who it was but every time I picked up the phone to dial their number, all the numbers wouldn’t be where they were supposed to be. But the dream wasn’t important and I was kid of thankful when my phone woke me up at 7. Grabbing my phone I held it up to my ear for a moment before realizing that I didn’t even flip it open. “Mmm?” I managed to get out when I opened my phone.

Josh’s ‘good morning beautiful’ came out very soft and sexy.

“Mmmm,” I smiled as I rolled over onto my side and hugged my pillow. “Why aren’t you here holding me?”

He groaned, “I really wish I was Anna. It was very lonely without you here last night. I missed you.”

“Aww, how sweet!” I snuggled closer to my pillow and then pouted. “This pillow isn’t doing anything for me!”

Josh burst out laughing, “Good! Because mine hasn’t done a damn thing for me all night!”

I took a deep breath and let it out slowly, there were times that he made me feel so loved without even knowing it and that moment was one of them. “I love you so much Josh.”

If it was possible to hear someone smile, I would’ve sworn I heard him. “I love you too Anna.” I grinned, I didn’t say or do anything, I just laid there with this silly grin on my face. “Honey are you still there?”

“Yes,” I nodded, not that he saw me. “So how did it go last night? Was dinner good?”

“Dinner was nice; Tim and Lori were there with their daughters. Matt was working; otherwise he would’ve been there too.”

“Oh,” I frowned. “What about Walter and Roy?”

“Yeah they were there but there wasn’t anything new that they could tell me. Although, Roy did say he had a very good source that he’s meeting with tomorrow and he promises it’ll be big news.” Josh sighed, “I don’t know Anna. I don’t feel that I can trust Roy.”

“What do you mean? You think he’s lying to you?”

“Yes, I do. I don’t believe that he has anything. I think he’s just screwing my father out of money that he shouldn’t even be paying. I told dad that I would take care of this but he doesn’t listen, he wants to help.”

“Well honey did you speak to your dad about your reservations about Roy?”

“No, I didn’t. I should but I didn’t.” Josh sighed again, “Since dad’s heart attack a couple years ago, he’s been trying to find things to do to help pass the time since he has to take it easy and he is getting older; he’s going to be 75 this year. He wants to help me gain custody of Jesse and I don’t have the heart to tell him the guy he hired may be a fraud.”

“But don’t you think that he would rather know now how you feel? Josh you don’t know, maybe your dad already knows and he’s not sure how to tell you. Maybe he thinks he has your hopes up and he doesn’t want you to be disappointed.”

Josh was quiet; I wish I knew what he was thinking. “You could be right Anna,” he said finally. “I’ll go talk to dad after work today.”

“Good, maybe the two of you can come up with another way he can help you out with Jess.”

Josh and I spoke for a little while longer before he had to go shower and get ready for work. “I’ll call you when I get home,” he told me as we were saying goodbye.

I tried as hard as I could to fall back to sleep when I hung up the phone but I just tossed and turned. It wasn’t until I heard Jordan moving around that I decided that I had all day to sleep. Jumping out of bed, I grabbed my robe and wrapped it around me before going off to search for Jordan.

I found him in the kitchen getting a bowl of cereal. “Hey babe,” he said over his shoulder while he poured milk on his Honeycombs. “I thought you didn’t work today?”

“I don’t,” I smiled at him and grabbed his bowl of cereal. “Thanks for making me breakfast!” I laughed at his shocked expression as I made my way to the table.

Jordan came over and sat down next to me. “That’s mine,” he pulled the bowl away from me and began to eat. “And it’s yummy too!”

“So?” I smiled at him. “What are you doing after work?”

He took his time chewing the mouthful of cereal before he swallowed it. “Well I have to go to my parents’ house after work,” he screwed up his face when he said that.

“Oh? Is something going on?”

Jordan nodded, “Yes I have to tell my parents that they are grandparents.”

“Jordan!” I gasped, “You didn’t tell them about Jenna yet?”

“No,” he groaned. “I don’t want to hear my father rant and rave about how much of a loser I am because I got Heather pregnant.” Jordan paused and when he spoke again, he was talking faster and his voice was deeper. “Jordan, how could you be so irresponsible? You ruined Heather’s life, dumb ass! You can’t even take care of yourself, how do you expect to take care of that little girl? Harriet talk some sense into that son of yours.”

“Jordan,” I reached out to touch his arm and he pulled away.

“Get out of the way woman,” he continued to speak like his dad. “I’ll teach him a lesson he’ll never forget.”

I stared at the look of hatred on Jordan’s face, so much anger and pain. I pushed up from my chair and circled around to the back of his. Leaning down, I wrapped my arms around his shoulders. “No matter what happens tonight Jordan, it won’t change that you have a daughter who loves you.” He glanced at me. “She gave you kisses, remember? Jenna wouldn’t do that if she didn’t love you.”

Jordan slipped his hands over my arms, “Please come with me tonight babe. I’ll need all the love and support I can get.”

I didn’t hesitate, “I’ll be there Jordan.”

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope Josh doesn't get upset that she will be w/ Jordan again!
L

Anna said...

Good Morning to all my favourite people...yes all you guys ~g~

It's such a great day here, I'm in a good mood! Yay! And if my 'r' key woudl stop sticking I'd be the happiest person in my house at the moment ~l~

L - glad your back and caught up ~s~

P - I'm sure that no one wishes this blog to end.

Sierra yes this blog, like many others is an ongoing story. Much like life, you can't just 'tie up loose ends' right away. Besides, if I did that I wouldn't get that dream job of writing for a daytime soap opeara ~l~

I was kidding about that...unless some one knows someone who might know someone who could think about talking to someome to hook me up ~l~ No seriously I'm kidding...

I hope everyone has a great day!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm........very interesting! But L, if you notice Josh didn't once ask Anna to be there for him tonight when he talked to his dad and hopefully he knows better than to pull THAT one again after the scolding from his mama!

Anna - you realize you left another cliff hanger that is going to undoubtedly have your readers screaming "Double Post, Double Post!". Just a warning. :)

Stacey

Anonymous said...

Hola, great as usual, I too like Jordan but not for Anna, I think she belongs with Josh.

The story is fine, don't change a thing, but I am biased I love Anna and Josh together and Jordan is just a childhood roommate friend, who wants Anna as a back up fall girl. Can't wait to see how the story develops!!

G

DDgirl said...

Guys,

luckily there's anna and her blog, to cheer me up after a long working day...

Anonymous said...

Great entry yet again. I don't think Josh will be jealous. He and Anna are becoming more secure in their relationship and he is realizing that Jordan isn't a threat.

Can't wait to read more ~s~

Vikki

Anonymous said...

Anna why soap operas? Why not a novel? Judging by the popularity of your blogs, you'd sell a quite a few books. I the type of person who likes to go back and re-read stories now and then. Yours are the type that I'd take with me on vacation to kick back and relax with. Just a thought.

Mehreen said...

Oh, so nice to get my fix today. I love Anna & Jordan's relationship. I talked to my gay best from college yesterday after a LONG time and there is nothing more satisfying than long talks with a good friend!