Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Later That Day

It took a while but somehow between Josh and I we were able to convince Jordan that he didn’t miss anything that she didn’t want him to see. Once he finally agreed he wondered off to bed to get some sleep because he was determined to go see Heather and Jenna later that day. ‘Even if I had to camp out on her parents’ doorstep until they come back,” he mumbled as he disappeared into his room.

With Jordan finally down for the night, Josh and I made our way back into my room. “Do you think he’ll be ok?” I asked Josh as he slipped under the covers.

“Yes Anna, I think Jordan will be fine. Once he talks to Heather, he’ll know how to go from there. I just hope she doesn’t try to keep him from his daughter.” We spoke for a while longer about the situation but soon decided that until Jordan talked to Heather, there wasn’t anything else either of us could do for him but be there.

I drifted off to sleep at 7 that morning, hoping to get a solid seven hours of sleep at least, leaving me an hour to grab something to eat and head out for work at 4. But at 11:30, Josh’s cell phone started to ring.

“Noooo!” Josh groaned as he untangled himself from me and reached out from under the blankets to grab his phone. “Hello?” His voice was so rough from the lack of sleep that just listening to him as he spoke was actually turning me on. Oh lord, I groaned inwardly, am I really that easy? I moved the blankets back so I could peek out at him and I smiled, oh yes! I am! I quickly moved to his side and snuggled up with him as he tried to make sense on the phone. “Sure…ummhmm…yeah.” He looked down at me and smiled before kissing my forehead. “What? Oh yeah…ok bye mom.” He hung up, tossed his phone back onto the nightstand and turned his attention to me, attacking me as I laid there so innocently, on my side waiting for him.

“Josh!” I chuckled as the force of his move to hold me ended up turning me onto my back. He chuckled as well but was too preoccupied nibbling and kissing my neck to reply. When I told him that felt good, he told me that was the idea. “Are you trying to seduce me Coach Baker?” I laughed.

Josh froze and moved back from me, “Anna don’t.”

The smile fades from my face, “Don’t what Josh?”

“Please don’t call me ‘Coach’, that’s what the kids call me and hearing you say it when I’m…I’m…” he groaned. “It just doesn’t sit well with me.” He moved to lie down next to me again.

Turning onto my side, I looked up at him. “I’m sorry honey; I didn’t realize it was a bad thing to call you.”

“It’s not a bad thing Anna; it’s just that hearing you say it when I want to make love to you.” He sighed, “I just want to keep you separate from my work and being called ‘Coach’ is a work thing.”

“So I can’t visit you at work sometime?”

Josh smiled, “You can visit me at work anytime you like.”

“But I can’t call you ‘Coach’?”

“Not when I’m trying to seduce you.”

“Oh,” I frowned.

He was back to frowning again, “How do I explain this?” He asked as he ran a hand through his hair. “Ok. It’s like this; I associate being called ‘Coach’ to my job with kids right?” I nodded. “I don’t want you to be calling me ‘Coach’ when we are making love because I don’t want to be in the middle of class and hear someone call me ‘Coach’ and immediately think about our last love making session. Anna honey,” Josh rolled onto his back, pulling me with him. “Thinking about you makes me very horny; I don’t want everyone at school to see that.”

“Oh!” I grinned, “So you don’t want the kids to be scared when you suddenly get hard when they just want to know if they can hang out and play some ball?”

He groaned, “That’s just wrong!”

I laughed, “I know but you love me anyway.”

Josh nipped at my shoulder, “Yes I do.”

We ended up not making love, we talked for a while and then fell back to sleep. Waking only moments before my alarm clock went off at 3. Josh stuck around the house while I got ready and then he drove me to work, so he’d have an excuse to see me later.

I tried to get into work but every time I turned around, I thought I saw Hank and I didn’t know how to react. I still couldn’t believe that I didn’t realize that Jenna was Jordan’s daughter; I was still kicking myself for not realizing it too.

It was a slow night, like most Sunday nights were. Thankfully we closed at 9 instead of ten. Around 8:30 I was so ready to go home, I had just gotten back to my department after going to find the manager to see if I could go home, they said yes so I went into the back and grabbed my stuff. As I swiped my name badge through the time machine, I pulled out my cell and dialed Josh’s number to tell him I was off early.

“Hello?” Josh’s voice came over the phone and I smiled. I felt the same rush of energy just hearing his voice as I did every time I saw him.

“Hey Handsome,” I said as I pushed through the doors to go onto the main floor. “Word has it that this chick is done work for the night and is available for whatever naughty things you have in mind.”

Josh laughed, “Is that so?”

“Oh yes,” I smiled as I made my way through layaway and started to walk by the infants department. “I’m so ready for you it…” I stopped dead in my tracks as I glanced to my right, into the department.

“So ready it what?” Josh asked.

“I…umm…” I stared into my department, shocked and not sure what to do.

“Anna? Honey what’s wrong?”

Sudden movement from the department caused me to panic. “Josh, please come quickly Hank is here.”

8 comments:

Anna said...

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Sorry about the late posting...everythign is ok here, I was just sleeping ~l~

I'll try to do better next time ~g~

Have a great day...

Mallory said...

I am officially addicted to this blog. I have been checking every half hour at least to see if it had been updated. Good Work!

Anonymous said...

hah i cannot wait double post may be in order

Anonymous said...

hmmmm, I wonder if Hank is going to confront Anna?
L

Anonymous said...

Oh, the darned cliffhangers. I want more!!!!

Anonymous said...

dont worry about the late posting anna!...maybe you can make it up to us with a...*smiles innocently*..double post today!!!

Anonymous said...

Anna, for all that stress you caused us addicts, depriving us of our daily fix, you owe us a triple post *evil grin*

Willow.

Anonymous said...

Totally agree with anon 5:51 and Willow!!!!

PCS