Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Piggy Back - The Only Way To Travel

When Jess and I left work, I drove directly over to the school. I had promised Josh that I would bring Jesse to see him.

After searching for about 10 minutes for a place to park, I finally stopped my car about four blocks away from the school. “I hope you like to walk,” I told Jess as I released him from the car seat.

We had only gone about a block when Jesse wanted to get up, “But we are almost there,” I told him. “It’s just over there.” But he didn’t care, he wanted to get up and he wanted to see his daddy.

I picked him up and was carrying him but after the next block, he started to get heavy and I knew I wouldn’t be able to carry him the whole way like that. Damn, I thought to myself. You are way out of shape! As I tried to put him down, I decided that I was going to take up some form of exercise.

“No Ama, I get up!” Jess said when I put his feet on the ground.

“It’s just for a second Jess,” I told him and he finally let go of my neck. Turning around, I squatted down in front of him, “Want a piggy back ride?”

“Yay!” Jesse jumped on the spot and came over to get on my back.

I have to say I found it a lot easier to carry him like that, plus he was having a ball yelling, “Get up Ama!”

There were a lot of people milling around outside the school, oh! It must be half time or something. Jess and I made our way through the people towards the gym.

At first I didn’t see Josh; I thought that he might’ve been in his office or back with the team in the change room. “I think we’ll have to-”

“Daddy!” Jesse yelling into my ear as I was speaking. “Ama, see daddy! Daddy!” He called out again, as he pointed off to the right.

I spotted Josh as Jess called out to him again, he slowly turned his head like it wasn’t certain if the call was for him. When his eyes fell over Jess and me, he smiled and excused himself from the people he was talking too and jogged over to us. “Hey,” he wrapped his arms around the two of us, giving both of us a kiss. “I was starting to worry that my parents didn’t get there in time.”

I went to tell him that I ran into Hank when Jesse said, “Baby took Mis’er Bear daddy!”

“What?” Josh glanced at me as Jesse repeated himself.

“He said that the baby took Mister Bear.”

Josh reached around me and took Jesse off my back, “What baby?”

“Baby and man.” Jesse turned to point to me. “Man kiss Ama!”

Both of Josh’s brows shot up, “Who kissed Anna?”

Jesse shrugged, shaking his head. “I no.”

Josh turned to me, his hand lifted to my arm. “Who kissed Anna?” He repeated as he led me away from people, into a quiet corner.

“It wasn’t a big deal Josh,” I told him.

“No?” He took a deep breath, “Then why not tell me about it?”

I shrugged, “We ran into Hank and Jenna; Jenna would be the baby that stole Mister Bear. We were talking for a moment and then I told him we had to go meet you, he said bye to Jesse and me, then he -”

“Kiss Ama there!” Jesse leaned over and pointed to my cheek.

I nodded, “Yeah, he gave me a kiss on the cheek.”

Josh didn’t say anything and I kind of got a little worried, I went to say something but we were interrupted by Cassie. “Aunt Anna!” She threw her arms around me and gave me a hug, “I didn’t think you’d be here today. Did you come to see Ben play?” I told her I came so Jesse could see his dad. “Oh,” Cassie glanced over her shoulder at Josh, who wasn’t looking too happy. “Umm, I’ll just go I guess.” She waved bye to me and flashed Jess a smile and said, “Cute bear.”

Once Cassie left, Jesse wanted down. When Josh put him down, he started after Cassie who was standing not that far away with some friends. Jesse tugged at her pants and she looked down in surprise. While she knelt down and talked to him, I turned my attention back to Josh.

“Are you upset with me?”

Josh shook his head, but his attention was on Jesse. I felt like crap, it wasn’t a big deal. It’s not like Hank had other intentions when he did it. You did nothing wrong, there was no way to know he was going to do that anyway. You didn’t ask him to kiss you.

All of these thoughts were running through my head, I was getting upset that Josh wasn’t saying anything; he was pretty much ignoring me. Even that I tried to reason out, he hasn’t seen Jess in a while, he misses him. But even as I rationalized it, I found that it didn’t help my mood. I wanted to say something to him but I didn’t know what. So I stood there, with my arms folded over my chest and this fake smile on my face.

It wasn’t until I was grabbed from behind and yelped in surprised that Josh seemed to remember that I was there.

16 comments:

Anna said...

Good Morning Everyone!

Stacey, it doesn't matter when you read the entries...when they are posted or all at once, all that matters is if you enjoy them! Also, leaving comments is a good thing too ~s~

Welcome Jen, I hope you continue to read and enjoy for as long as I can write ~s~

While it's true that I'm not a baby expert, I can only go by my personal experience with my nieces and nephews - there are ten of them! The oldest is going to be 8 this year and the youngest is nine months old. I have a niece at the moment who is ten months old and she is saying words, and she's developing slower than normal kids her age because she's was a premie and there were some complications. And as far as I know, she only just started teething. ~shrugs~ I dont know babies, I'm not a mom, I'm just an aunt! ~l~

I hope everyone has a great day!

Anonymous said...

Oh! i understand that josh isn't too happy with it, but it's not like anna asked for it .....hmm maybe josh is thinking how to make clear to hank that he should stay away from anna.
Who grabbed anna from behind??!! does she know anyone at school besides josh and cassie?? hmm maybe.. zack bc he dropped cassie off or something

Meghan said...

i can see where josh is comming from, i have a boyfriend who would react like it was a huge deal. I on the otherhand dont feel that a kiss on the cheak is a big deal. My guy would freak if it was even a kiss from a girl, to each their own i guess? BTW anna, i LOVe both blogs, i read them every day, on the weekends thats the only reason i get on the computer. Thank you for great blogs...

Anonymous said...

Hm...I'm not sure what I think about Hank. He is clearly interested in Anna, but he knows she is with Josh. With Josh and Jordan, Anna has enough complicated men in her life Another great post!

Kathleen said...

Great post! I found this one through Once In This Life, and I am so impressed with how you're keeping up two well written, often updated blogs. Good work!!

Not so sure I agree with Josh's reaction. It was just a kiss on the cheek, and shouldn't he trust Anna enough to know that nothing will happen with Hank? He seems to be a little too jealous for such a little kiss. But then again, if some girl kissed MY boyfriend on the cheek, I would definitely not be happy!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I don't know how I feel about Josh right now. It seems to me that he over reacts to things a little bit. Anna needs to talk to him about this. Just my two cents..:-)

Anyway, it's so awesome that you are so consistent with both of your blogs. And they are both so wonderful. :-) You've got another loyal reader and I will continue reading until you stop writing, which I hope doesn't happen!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

You have left me wanting more and more and more... this was a great post today!!! I hope Josh doesn't get upset over this, its not like Anna did anything wrong.. what was she supposed to do he kissed her quick without her even having time to react...

Ohhh and i love Jesse... he sounds like such a cute little boy, I remember when my brother was young like that.. they are so cute with the things they say and how they say it!!! Keep up the great writing girl!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Josh may be overreacting just a tad, but he has a right to be upset that some guy kissed his girl! As long as he doesn't blame Anna because I don't think she should have been able to predict Hank kissing her on the cheek. She just needs to up the boundaries with Hank and maybe a little more with Jordan.

Anonymous said...

I would run & tell Joshua's Momma! It worked the first time...hee hee! Josh is overreacting, although Hank is out of line. I don't think Hank really knows her well enough to be kissing her on the cheek. Therefore, in a way, Josh has a point. He tolerates Jordy because he understands they've been friends forever.

I think it's Matt that grabbed her because of what Cassie said "Are you here to see Ben". Just my guess!

Stacey

PCS said...

Hey anna... as always great post... jesse is so so cute...
keep up the good work!!

Anonymous said...

Great post once again. I'm gonna jump on the band wagon here, I understand that Josh is upset that Hank kissed Anna (If it were my man and a chick I don't like or trust kissed him ANYWHERE, I would be pissed)but, he shouldn't be mad at Anna. He should take it up with Hank, as I would with the flossie kissing my man ~l~

But that's just how I feel about it.

Can't wait to see who's grabbing Anna. I agree with mya, it may be her brother.

Vikki

Anonymous said...

Oops, that was supposed to be floosie! my bad ~s~

Vikki again

Anonymous said...

I don't think Josh is mad at Anna for Hank kissing her, I think he's mad that he had to find out about it from his son and her attitude that "it's no big deal" vs. "okay, need to set some boundaries".

Can someone please refresh my memory, Stacy thinks Matt grabbed her from behind, but who is Matt?

Great entry!
Kate

Anonymous said...

Matt is Anna's brother

Anonymous said...

Actually Matt is Josh's nephew. Zack and Chad are Anna's brothers.

Anonymous said...

I haven't left a comment yet, but I read both of your blogs and love them. I am addicted.