Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Going Home To Wait

I wish I could say that the person who grabbed me from behind was someone I would’ve expected it from but it wasn’t. In fact it was someone that I barely even knew, Josh knew him a lot better than I did.

“Jack?” Josh shot him a dirty look before he turned his eyes towards my shocked expression.

While he was turning to me, I was in the middle of turning around to see who grabbed me, “What the hell?” I slapped Jack on the arm. “Get your hands off me!”

“Honey,” Josh came up behind me, his hands slipped to where Jack’s were moments before. “It’s ok, I know he didn’t mean anything by it, and won’t do it again.” I glanced at him, he was looking at Jack. “Right Jack?”

“Of course Josh, whatever you say,” Jack laughed. “But you should’ve seen the look on your faces. Priceless!” He shook his head and started to walk away, “You have about ten minutes Josh.”

“I don’t know why we are friends sometimes,” Josh smiled down at me. “I’m sorry he scared you.”

Josh has known Jack for a long time, they went to school together and now they worked together; Jack is the history teacher here. The only reason I know Jack is because I met him at Zack’s a few times, along with Mark (Josh’s cousin) and their other friend Warner. They were all there that morning that I walked out of the bathroom with just a towel on. In fact, I believe it was Jack who did the wolf whistling.

“I’m not,” I told him while I slipped one of his hands around my waist. When he shot me a questioning look I elaborated. “It got your attention when he scared me.”

“I wasn’t ignoring you Anna,” Josh looked over his shoulder where Jess was still talking to Cassie. “I was watching him.”

“Oh,” I sighed. “I thought you were mad at me for what Hank did.”

“No,” Josh shook his head, “A kiss on the cheek isn’t such a big deal. Of course, I don’t like that he felt he could do it, he doesn’t even know you that well. Jordan, I can understand but you just met Hank.” He stopped and bowed his head, “Ok. I’ll admit it,” he pulled me close to his body. “I don’t like any guy kissing or touching you anywhere. I…” He went to say something else but we were interrupted by Ben.

“Coach, are you going to go talk to the team?” Ben glanced at me and then smiled, “Oh! Hello Anna!”

I smiled and said hello. Josh told Ben he would be right there. “I have to go honey,” he kissed my cheek, groaned and then pressed his lips against mine. “I don’t want to go,” he mumbled against my lips.

I told him it was too bad, he had too, even though I didn’t really want him to go either. “Jess and I will be waiting for you when you get home,” I kissed him. “Of course, Jess will be asleep and I might not be.”

Josh laughed, “That’s all I hope for.” He went on to ask me if I would stay to watch the rest of the game but then decided that wouldn’t be such a good idea because Jess wouldn’t want to sit still, “He would want to be up with me,” Josh told me. “He would want to blow the whistle and be on the court with the team.”

So in the end, I ended up leaving with Jesse, who was a little worried that I would take him back to his mom. “I no go Ama!”

When I explained to him that Josh had to work and we were going to his apartment to wait for him to get home, Jesse brightened up. “We watch Cars?”

14 comments:

Anna said...

Good Morning Everyone!

I know that some people don't think it's a big deal, it was just a kiss on the cheek. Personally I do, but not because of the kiss itself. I have this thing about people being in my personcal space if I don't want them to be there. To come into that space uninvited is a big 'no-no' for me. Trying to play it off as not a big deal to Josh would be like trying to tell him that to you, it meant nothing. Which is exactly what it meant, nothing.

Kate he didn't have to find out about the kiss from Jesse; Jesse cut in and said it.

Thank you Kathleen, it isn't easy to keep up with both but I do it because of all the people who read it. Plus I enjoy doing it ~s~

Amy I hope it doesn't end either...but if it does, I hope that something equally good can take it's place ~g~

I hope everyone has a great day and I look forward to hearing from all of you! ~s~

Anonymous said...

wow two posts one from each blog early in the morning whoooooo!!

Anonymous said...

I like how you handled that! Josh not being mad and then seeming overprotective! Well played:)
L

PCS said...

agree with anon 6:35 def a very good way to start d day!!!

Anonymous said...

I love it when Jesse is in the posts. It always makes me smile :)

Thanks for posting - I loved it as always!

Misty

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Josh wasn't upset with Anna. That Jack has a lot of gumption to go up and grab someone he hardly knows like that.
I like reading about Jesse too. He's such a little cutie pie and I hope things work out with the custody issue. Both story lines with the kids have me hooked!
Keep up the good work!
Beth

Mehreen said...

I concur, I adore Jesse! (and the writer who shares him with us)

Anonymous said...

It wasn't until I was trying to figure out who Jack was that I realized just how many "J's" there are on the story...Jesse, Josh, Jordan, Jenna, John, and jack. Phew! Great posting as always, and I think it's cute that Josh is a little jealous, but not in a way that's creepy. He's just being protective of his sweetheart. And yeah, I wonder if we're gonna hear anything about the custody stuff anytime soon... I personally fear it's gonna be a dead until until something bad happens... =/

-Meghan

Anonymous said...

*dead end

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with Meghan - what's up with the custody issues??!! And I believe Josh did everything just the way I said he should have!! :) Again, I have to say this is like a great book - you want to get to ending so you stay up all night to finish it and then you are disappointed that it ended! At least this way Anna keeps us on a leash and doesn't let us do that!

Stacey

Anonymous said...

There are WAY too many J names in this story

Jordan
John
Jack
Josh
Jess
...I'm sure there have been a couple more.

I love this story but part of writing a story is that you have to be able to seperate the characters and since you can't see faces names are a big part of it, maybe you just like J names, but really, it's getting to be a little confusing.

Anonymous said...

Hey if the ONLY thing one can complain about is the letter that names begin with, then you're doing a GREAT job, Anna! If I have to stop and think for a brief second who the character is, it's really no big deal to me at all. Keeps me on my toes anyways ;) Keep up the awesome work, Anna!!!!

Anonymous said...

Another great post! I LOVE THIS BLOG!!

Jesse is soooo sweet. I love when he is in the post. I'm glad Josh was able to admit his jealousy.

Can't wait to read tomorrow's post.

Vikki

Anonymous said...

I don't mind all the J names at all. If I get confused over which character she's talking about, all I do is read a little further on, and Anna clears that up with her story!

~~Lizzie~~