Saturday, April 14, 2007

I'm Waiting For A Friend

I wasn’t leaving anything to chance; there was no way I was going to miss being home when Jordan got home. I was determined to show him that he was still very important to me so I stayed home, not leaving once. Not even when I started to get hungry and wanted to run to the store to grab something quick. No, instead I raided my fridge and found I had the all the ingredients to make stew.

As I was chopping up the vegetables to get them ready to go in I realized that Jordan may already have eaten by the time he gets home. Would Heather feed him? How would Hank react to having him around? I started to imagine the territorial vibes that both guys would be giving off. Thank God I don’t have to deal with that, I hope Heather can handle it.

It was hard for me to think of Heather as Hank’s girlfriend when most of the time I’ve known her, she’s been Jordan’s girlfriend. Of course she didn’t start out as that, in fact when Jordan and Heather first met, he wasn’t all that interested in her because he was too busy chasing after some chick that didn’t want him.

Heather was my friend first. I know that it doesn’t make sense now because of all the dislike between us at the moment, but it’s true. We met in the grocery store of all places, I wasn’t looking where I was going and I rammed into her cart. There were no injuries and we laughed about it before going our separate ways. It wasn’t until a few weeks later when I ran into her again, without hitting her with anything, that we actually spoke and made plans to hang out.

The first night Jordan met Heather; we were all at the pub hanging out. Jordan arrived late because he was running some errand for the chick he was trying to impress. I started to harass him about being that girl’s ‘bitch’ and soon I got Heather to join in. Before long, Jordan got upset and went over to the pool tables where Nick and Amy were, to sulk.

“I don’t think he likes me,” Heather said to me, looking upset.

I just laughed it off, telling her that Jordan loved the harassment. We waited a few minutes and then we went over to join them at the pool tables. At first Jordan tried to ignore us, or at least he tried to ignore me. He would say the odd thing to Heather but she would get all nervous and stammer when she tried to say something back. “What’s wrong with that girl?” Jordan asked me later when he took me aside.

I shrugged, “Maybe you make her nervous.”

“Yeah, right!” He shook his head.

“Yeah! That’s it, she’s hot for you and you make her so nervous when you give her a little attention.”

It’s funny now that I look back on it because that was exactly what the problem was; Heather did find Jordan very attractive and was nervous.

Of course, we didn’t find that out until a couple months later when I invited her over to his house. I was supposed to meet up with her there but I got sidetracked at work. When I finally got to the house, Heather and Jordan had worked through her shyness; they were making out on his couch!

At first I was excited that they were together, Jordan seemed really happy and he was actually talking about the future. It wasn’t until Heather seemed to try to come between us that I started to wonder if she was really the one for him. I tried to talk to him about it a few times but he would tell me I was jealous. Maybe I was he was never serious about anyone else before, so I wasn’t used to sharing him.

Just like he’s not used to sharing you now, I thought as I added the vegetables to the pot. But how will that change now that Heather is back? Will Jordan try to get back with her? Will he feel like he has to because of Jenna? I didn’t know the answers to those questions but I hoped that my evening with Jordan will clear some of them up. I just wish he was home already.

8 comments:

Anna said...

Good Morning Weekenders!

I hope everyone is having a good day so far ~s~

Nic said...

The weekend is great!!! It has been 25 degrees Celsius today.

Loved the post.

MJ said...

Hi Anna,
I just wanted to let you know that I've been reading your blog for a while now and I am addicted to it. I finally got around to reading all of your other one and so I'm finally all caught up! And OMG it's also AMAZING! I don't know how you do it (write two equally addicting blogs at the same time). You are an amazing writer! Each blog has its own unique touch. At first I forgot that Once In This Life was your blog because you seem to have different writing techniques for both, which I love. I was wondering if you planned on having another post for your other blog this weekend.. now that I'm all caught up, I don't think I can wait much longer for another one (I'm 100% team Reed!) hehe. Oh and another question before I finish this extremely long comment... I was trying to figure out how long we've been following you on this blog. Has it been a few months now? Still only a few weeks? I know that we were all worried about you and Josh earlier on because you were only together for a short period of time, but I was wondering how far along we have gotten. Thanks again for the awesome blogs and keep up the great work! =]
~MJ

Amber said...

Nic, send some of the warmth my way?? Please? ~g~

*****

MJ

I'm sad to say that we are only at January 8th on this blog...I know, I'm so damn slow ~l~ But that will change soon. There will be a time jump, probably a big one. I don't know when, but it'll happen.

This blog is more of a story style and the other one is more of a blog style....does that make sense?

And for a moment, I thought you were asking me if I was going to start another blog!! ~l~ I just posted a new entry on 'Once In This Life'...that's why I'm commenting under 'Amber'.

I hope that answered every question you had ~s~

Heather said...

Guess none of you want to hear about 85 in Florida?

Anonymous said...

It's a 100 degrees here in Delhi. :P
*smirksmirk*

Willow

Mehreen said...

Thanks Anna, love the post and love the color, can Jordan get home already! =)

Anonymous said...

Wow, January 8th? Ouch, poor Anna, looks you have a lot of catching up to do. Good for you to have a memory like that, though. I can't remember things that happened a week ago, let alone a few months!