Saturday, April 7, 2007

Breakfast Confessions

The night ended with Josh and I making love. There couldn’t have been a better way to end the day. As I fell into a dreamless sleep, I couldn’t help but feel completely happy about my life at that moment.

The morning came and with it came the sad fact that the man I love with all my heart and soul, had to leave me to go to work. It was so difficult for me to watch him as he drove away, even knowing that we would be together again in a few short hours didn’t make it any easier. I knew I was being silly, but I found myself missing him.

Ok, you need to snap out of this right now! I scolded myself.
He’s going to think you are crazy if you tell him this, you know that. I grinned. No, he’ll probably tell you he loves you and missed you just as much. He is that much of a romantic and you love it!

Once Josh left and I got over missing him, well over enough to shower and get dressed. I went home to see if Jordan was up. I walked into a dark house and no one answered when I called out. I thought it was strange, so I made my way down the hall to his room, but he wasn’t there. And then I remembered that he was working again.
And his truck wasn’t in the driveway either; you think that would’ve been a clue.

Without thinking about it, I hopped back in my car and drove over to the garage. I have visited Jordan at work so many times over the years that the guys don’t even bat an eye when I walk into the shop. “Hey Jordan! Your girlfriend is here.” Tony, the service manager yelled into the shop as he held the door open for me. No matter how many times we tried to explain it to the guys he works with, they never seem to believe us. So finally we gave up and let them think whatever they want.

“Hey Babe,” Jordan peeked out from beneath the hood of a car. “Does Josh know you are out roaming the streets, dropping into garages just to check out the guys?”

I laughed, “He knows he has no worries about competition. There isn’t a man alive who can even come close to him.”

“Hand me that,” Jordan motioned to the wrench that was sitting on the table next to him. I picked it up by the end of its handle and made a face. “It’s not going to hurt you.”

“If I drop it, it might!” I smiled. “So are you going to tell me or what?”

Jordan chuckled, “You are just dying to know, aren’t you?”

“Yes!” I closed the space between us. “Come on tell me something Jordy. I need to know.”

Jordan glanced up at me, sighed and then stood up to face me. “It wasn’t easy babe, she didn’t want me to see Jenna but I sweet talked her and she gave in.” He bent back over the car. “It helped that her father was on my side. Which shocked the hell out of me.”

“Argh! Jordy!” He glanced at me and smiled. “You are doing this on purpose!”

He nodded, “Yes, I like knowing something you don’t. Now why don’t you go find something to do so I can get back to work?”

I frowned, “Will you be home tonight?”

“Anna, I’m always home. Will you be home?”

“I don’t know. It depends on what Josh’s plans are for tonight.”

Jordan shook his head, “You used to do whatever you wanted, when you wanted. Now, you wait for him to tell you what you are doing.”

“That’s not true!”

“No? Then tell me, what are you doing tonight?”

My first thought when he asked that was, did Josh mention wanting to do something special. I heard Jordan sigh, “I’ll be home sometime after 7. I’m going to try and spend a few minutes with Jenna after I get off work.”

I left the shop wondering if Jordan was right, was I focusing too much of my time and attention on Josh? Am I sitting by and waiting for him to plan my life? By the time I got in my car, I decided that Jordan was wrong. Sure I spent a lot of time with Josh and he was in my mind all the time but I did many things without him and I plan stuff without him.
Jordan just feels left out, that’s all. He’s not used to having to really share my attention anymore. But now that Jenna’s in his life, he won’t have as much time to spend with me anyway.

I drove around town for a while; I didn’t have anything I had to do. It wasn’t until I drove by the Tim Horton’s that I remembered I was going to call Hank and see how he was. I pulled over onto the side of the road and dialed his number. I wasn’t sure that anyone would answer as the third ring went in; in fact, I was hoping that Heather wouldn’t be there and answer the phone. “Hello?” The very groggy, gruff voice that answered the phone was thankfully Hank.

“Hello Hank, it’s Anna.” I happened to glance at my clock and saw that it was only 9.

Hank groaned, “Hey Anna. How are you doing?”

“I’m doing ok. I didn’t mean to call so early, I didn’t realize the time.”

“No, no.” He mumbled, “It’s fine. I should be getting up now anyway. Where are you?”

I smiled, “I’m sitting on the street in my car. Did you still want to talk?”

“Mmhmm, yeah.” He yawned, “I have to shower, try to wake up a little. Come by in a half hour?”

When I told him I would, he started to give me directions and then laughed, “I guess you already know where I live.” I told him I did, and we hung up just after.

With 20 minutes to kill, I drove to A&W to grab something for us for breakfast. I wasn’t sure what he would like, so I just ordered a couple of each of the bacon, ham and sausage eggers along with a couple hash browns, orange juice and coffee. I love the food at A&W, sure it’s a little bit more expensive than eating at McDonalds but I find it’s so much better.

By the time I got to Hank’s place, I was technically late; it was 5 minutes after the half hour he said. I was actually looking forward to sitting down and talking with Hank, not only because he’s Heather’s boyfriend and I wanted to find out some stuff. Grabbing the bags of food and the tray of drinks, I made my way to his apartment and rang his doorbell.

Hank came to the door with a couple toys in his hand. “I was just cleaning up a little,” he said when I asked about the toys. He moved aside to let me in and that’s when he noticed the food in my hands. His face lit up, “Oh! You brought breakfast!”

He relieved me of the food and led the way to the kitchen table. “I’m glad that you called, I wasn’t sure if I dreamt that I actually went to your work last night.” He stopped in the mist of pulling the food out of the bag. “Your boyfriend was nicer than I thought he would be. I don’t know if I would’ve been that kind to someone who kept coming around Heather.”

“What do you mean?” I sat down and pulled a juice from the tray.

“Well, I was pretty drunk but I remember telling him that you were the best.”

I nodded, “He thinks so too.”

Hank laughed, “Yeah but I believe I told him if I was single, I’d make a play for you.”

5 comments:

Anna said...

Good Morning Everyone!

Lizzie no I didn't feel I have to rationalize anything. Josh can recognize when he's been an ass on his own ~l~ Other times, he's a regular guy who don't know what's wrong even if you draw him a map ~g~

Misty as long as I'm not gonna be receiving any 'hate' comments from your husband....it's all good ~l~

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend...I'm not sure if there will be a post or not tomorrow...I'm playing it by ear at the moment ~g~

Mehreen said...

Anna you must post! I need some progress, I need to know what Hank says and what happens with Jenna! And yes, I think Anna has a tendency to drop everyone and everything for Josh, she should maybe go home to Jordy more.

Anonymous said...

hihi hankyboy doesn't make a chance! =) anyway, love the post and hoping that there will be one tomorrow!!! =)

Anonymous said...

Yeah I think she needs to spend time elsewhere. I know how hard that is in a new relationship when you love someone and want to spend time with them, but its best to give yourself some distance and see your friends too.

Good stories and happy belated Easter everyone!

Anonymous said...

Anna,
I'm glad he realized he was being a jerk! But now he's perfect again! Don't know how he'll feel about Anna being at Hanks though! lol
~~LIZZIE~~