Monday, April 9, 2007

Chatting Away The Morning

I was in the middle of sitting down when Hank uttered that statement. Shocked, I missed the chair completely and fell onto the floor. “Damn it that hurt!” I laughed.

“Are you ok?” Hank had dropped the egger he had in his hand and came around to kneel beside me.

“Oh, I’m peachy. I fell on my pride, so all’s good.”

“Well, if that’s all you hurt…” Hank held out his hand to help me up.

“So? What did Josh say when you said that?”

Hank laughed, “He told me I was drunk so he was going to pretend I didn’t say that but if I put one finger on you, he would kick my ass.”

“But you wouldn’t do that, so there’s nothing to worry about.” I said confidently but when he looked away and didn’t say anything, my confidence wavered. “Hank?”

He glanced up at me and shrugged. “I’m not at stupid man Anna but I won’t deny that I think you are very pretty and from the first moment I met you, I felt I could talk to you. You know?”

I knew what he was talking about, I was surprised at how comfortable I felt around him from the first moment but I wasn’t even thinking about anyone for boyfriend material since I met up with Josh again. “Hank,” I started, not knowing what I was going to say.

“No,” he held up his hand. “You don’t need to say anything. I’m not going to make a move or anything.”

I stared at him for a moment and then said, “Bacon, sausage or ham?”

He frowned, “What?”

“Bacon, sausage or ham?” I picked up one of each of the eggers as I said the type. “What’ll it be?”

He reached for the bacon one, “That’s ok?”

I nodded, “I like the sausage ones better anyway.” When he grinned, I realized what I said. “And get your mind out of the gutter mister!”

We had a good laugh about that, maybe a little too much of a laugh. As we ate breakfast, we talked about little things, like my work. It wasn’t until he got up to throw away the remains of the garbage and asked if I wanted to move into the living room, where it was more comfortable, that we started on the subject that was on both of our minds.

“I’m sorry about the other night, at the pub. I didn’t have a good day and to see your friend there. I lost it.” He sat on one end of the couch and pulled his feet up in front of him, he reminded me of a little kid sitting like that.

“I’m more worried about you than what happened that night. It was a shock to everyone you know. Jordan didn’t know about Jenna.”

Hank nodded, “I know I asked Heather about it and she told me she lied.”

“Why would she do that?”

“She said she thought he wouldn’t care. Heather said Jordan didn’t want to be a father; he always said that it would be a mistake if he had kids.”

“Jordan might have said that, but deep down he really didn’t mean it. He loves kids Hank, he’s amazing with my nieces and nephews and he is looking forward to being an uncle for real.” I chuckled, “And you should see him now that he knows about Jenna. Just last night he -”

“Anna,” Hank cut me off. “What is your relationship with him? Are you in love with him?” I shot him a confused look and he continued. “You seem to have a lot to say about him and Heather said you were one of the main reasons they broke up.”

I shook my head, “She left town! She didn’t even have the guts to break up with him. I don’t know what her problem is with me but if she cared about Jordan at all she wouldn’t have treated him like this.” I glared at him; I could feel the anger building in me. “Jordan and I have been friends out entire lives, we know everything there is to know about each other and we are always there for each other. I never once did anything to jeopardize his relationship with her, in fact I stepped back as much as I could so that I wouldn’t be ‘in the way’. She’s the one who would come to me for advice on how to handle something with him, she’s the one who would ask me to come along on some of their ‘dates’.” I took a deep breath and sighed. “I know you love her and you think she’s great but she’s lied to you, and she lets everyone in her family treat you like crap. Sounds like a real winner if you ask me.” I pushed myself off the couch and stood not knowing where I was going to go but I knew I couldn’t sit there right now.

“Hey,” Hank jumped up. “I didn’t mean to upset you, I was just asking.” He tried to get me to sit down again and finally I gave in. “I don’t know what I should tell you or ask, I don’t want to upset you.”

Closing my eyes, I sighed. “Hank, I’m a little too close to Jordan not to feel anger towards Heather right now. She denied him his daughter for almost a year. He didn’t do anything to deserve that and she didn’t seem to care.” Shifting in his spot Hank looked uncomfortable, “Is there something wrong?”

Shrugging, he looked away. “I didn’t want to move here, I knew her parents didn’t like me and they wanted her to get in contact with her,” he paused and looked at me. “I might as well call him by name now that I know it. They wanted her to call him. I know that they are now hoping that they get back together.”

“And what does Heather say about that?”

Hank scooted down the couch towards me, “I believe it won’t be long before I’m a single guy in a town with no friends.”

10 comments:

Anna said...

Good Afternoon Everyone!

So the title of this entry...so the reason I'm a little late posting...but that's ok, right? ~l~

I hope everyone had a good weekend...and fyi, the next post is my 100th! WOOHOO!!! ~l~

Anonymous said...

waw!! 100 already!!! it went by real fast!!!

PCS

Anonymous said...

Wow! Poor Hank! He seems like such a nice guy, and Heather sounds like a real Biatch! And manipulative on top of that! I hope Jordan doesn't get back together with her!

~~Lizzie~~

Anonymous said...

I don't think it is a good idea for Jordan to get w/ Heather. I think he will feel that is what is right and what he is suppose to do though!
L

Anonymous said...

aah poor hank!! i feeel sorry for him, although he would be better off without heather cause she doesn't love him anyway. seems like she's using him as her rebound guy....
i wonder what she was thinking when she left town pregnant. i guess she was scared when she found out about that.. but still.. she should've told jordan about it instead of running away.hmmmmmm
congrats on your 99th post anna!!!

Anonymous said...

hey i´ve added couple of blog to my addiction wich I´d like to share with you guys, hope you enjoy it as much as i´ve been:
http://waitingonmylifetochange.blogspot.com/

and

http://talesofabostongirl.blogspot.com/


very good ones!!!

Anonymous said...

hey i´ve added couple of blog to my addiction wich I´d like to share with you guys, hope you enjoy it as much as i´ve been:
http://waitingonmylifetochange.blogspot.com/

and

http://talesofabostongirl.blogspot.com/


very good ones!!!
PCS

Anonymous said...

awww...poor hank i feel so bad for him. Heather doesnt deserve either of the guys...shes too shady and such a b*tch! Jordy should just be a dad to Jenna and thats it and Hank should find a girl who loves him and wants to be with him!

Annie Register said...

This Heather situation is shady...there has to be more to the story than her just arbitrarily deciding to keep Jordan's daughter from him. Anna, I am curious, how much of this storyline is fact and how much is fiction? I mean is it real life embellished, or a fictitious story with some real bits thrown in? Either way it is very captivating!! (and one of the few blogs I feel comfortable reading at work).

Mehreen said...

Um, Jordan better not get back with Heather! I hope Jordan and Josh both get custody of their kids, Carol and Heather die, and Jenna & Jesse get married!