Thursday, April 5, 2007

Leave Us Alone!

I pulled up behind Josh as he parked Hank’s car in from of a newly renovated 4-plex and waited for him to come over. I watched him get out of the car and he motioned me over as he made his way around to the passenger side of the car.

“What’s wrong?” I asked as I came up to Josh as he opened the passenger door. He motioned in at Hank; he was kind of slumped over in his seat. “What happened? Is he ok?”

Josh nodded, “The alcohol finally hit him, and he’s almost out of it. Here,” he handed me the keys before reaching down and pulling Hank from the car. “Come on man, help me out here!”

We walked Hank to his apartment and dropped him on the couch. There was a little light streaming in from the hallway and I couldn’t help but look around. “What the hell happened here?” I asked Hank. The floor was covered in toys, clothes, objects that shouldn’t be on the floor and there was also glass in the one corner.

Hank laughed, “Heather got mad. She didn’t like the fact that I let you and Jordan know she was back in town or that Jenna was his girl.”

I could feel Josh stiffen as he joined me, I slipped hand in his. “Heather is violent?”

Hank groaned, “Not normally, she just got mad tonight. She came storming in here and just started screaming at me.” He went to sit up but found he couldn’t. “I’m drunk.”

“Yes, you are.” I told him.

“I needed to talk to someone. I don’t know anyone here.” He mumbled.

I glanced at Josh and he shrugged. “I’ll tell you what Hank.” I walked into his apartment and picked up the phone, dialing my cell. Once it rang and the number showed up, I hung up. “I’ll call you tomorrow, to see how you are doing, ok?”

Hank grunted as he turned to face the back of the couch. “I think that was an ok honey.” I turned to Josh. “Are you ready to go now?” I nodded and returned to his side. We closed Hank’s door and locked it, slipping his keys back underneath and headed for Josh’s apartment.

“So promise me no more missions of goodwill tonight?” Josh smiled down at me as we walked hand in hand up the stairs to his apartment.

“I promise,” I told him.

We walked up the last flight of stairs and his smile faded, “What’s wrong?” I asked him.

He pointed towards his door, “I believe that one’s for you.” I looked in the direction he was pointing and cringed.

“Jordy,” I sighed, he was sitting on the floor next to Josh’s door. His jacket was lying on the floor beside him; he was staring at a piece of paper in his hand. When we approached him he looked up and grinned.

“Finally, I was starting to think you weren’t coming back here.” He jumped to his feet.

“Almost wish we didn’t,” I heard Josh mumble as he pulled out his keys to unlock the door. “Jordan what can we do for you?” He glanced over his shoulder at him, he didn’t look that happy.

“I wanted to show you this.” He flipped the piece of paper he was holding around in Josh’s direction. Josh looked at the paper and his frown disappeared.

“That’s her?” He turned around and looked closer at the paper.

“Yes!” Jordan was almost bouncing now. “Isn’t she beautiful?”

Josh nodded, “Yes Jordan she is beautiful.”

I was trying to peek at the paper but at the angle they had it I couldn’t see it. “What are you two looking at?”

The guys looked at me strangely, almost is if they forgot I was there for a moment. “My daughter, Heather gave me a picture.” Jordan threw his arms around me, lifting me off the floor and spinning me around before he placed me down next to Josh again. “I’m so excited Anna, she’s so beautiful and smart and…she looks like me!” He grabbed me again and kissed my cheek before he turned to Josh and hugged him. “Listen we have to get together and talk about Jess possibly playing with Jenna some day soon.” He said as he headed for the stairs.

“Wait! Jordy!” He turned around. “Are you going to tell me what happened today?”

He grinned, “Later babe, I know he wants you to himself for a while. We’ll catch up tomorrow!” He sat on the banister, “Later!” He slid out of sight and then we heard him running down the remainder of the stairs.

I gazed up at Josh in disbelief and he smiled, “Guess he’s a little excited about Jenna. And I believe it went well for him today. Come on honey, let’s go inside.” I nodded and followed him inside.

Once we had hung our jackets up Josh held out his hand to me, “Cell phone?”

“What?” I dug my phone out and looked at it. His hand slipped over mine and he took my phone. Flipping it open, he pressed down on the off button and soon I heard the good bye chime. He then pulled out his phone, showed me and turned it off as well and laid both phones on the kitchen counter before unplugging his land line.

“I don’t want any interruptions tonight,” he told me. “I want to spend what’s left of tonight, showing you how much you mean to me.”

13 comments:

Anna said...

Good Morning Everyone!

I'm sorry about the colors...I'll work on something that works for everyone.

I feel a little off on my blogging lately...I hope it's not showing too badly in the writing...

I hope everyone has a great day...~g~

Anna said...

and just in case anyone didn't know...Sarah (raquelsrockintrip) has posted she's taking a break for a while. And you can leave her your email if you want to know when she's back up and running again.

Anonymous said...

LOL. Don't mind us, Anna.
We get grumpy when the post is like five minutes late. :D That's the sign of true addiction!!

Willow.

Anonymous said...

Ditto, I have said a couple of times that I am addicted to (NOW) both of your blogs. I just love your blogs and sometimes I get impatient, but I know that you have a life. I await patiently for your next blog.

G

Anonymous said...

I've been a reader for a few months, but this is my first time commenting. I just had to say that I think Josh is acting like a jerk. I don't see how he can get mad at Anna (and her friends) for wanting to help out people. Especially given the recent life-altering events that have happened. Anna is probably going to be very busy for awhile helping Jordan and Hank cope with all that has happened. I hope Josh doesn't give her a "them or me" ultimatum.
~~Lizzie~~

Shar said...

Uh oh...I'm starting to wonder about Heather. She's violent to Hank when she finds out that Jordan knows about Jenna and then turns around to give Jordan a picture of his daughter? Shady!

Can't wait to read more!

Anonymous said...

can somebody tell me the url to raquels blog???

PCS

Anonymous said...

Anna, your blogging lately has been anything but off, it has been AWESOME!

Your color choices don't bother me one bit. I actually kind of like them!

I hope that things don't get screwed up between anna and josh, I really like him - men and their jealousy!!!

Misty

Anonymous said...

I agree Shar. I wouldn't trust her. Obviously this girl is lacking in the morals dept if she can not tell the father about his baby.
I think your entries are still excellent Anna. I love both blogs.

Anonymous said...

Hi Anna, I just started reading your blog and I just got caught up. I just wanted to tell you that its wonderful, and I'm really enjoying reading this. :-)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THE COLORS! I LOVE THE WRITING!! IT"S ALL GOOD!!

I hope Heather isn't going to jerk Jordan around about Jenna. He's SO excited to be a part of her life. As for Josh, I think he just worries about Anna. It's sweet.

Keep up the GREAT writing! Can't wait to read tomorrow.

Vikki

Anonymous said...

I think Josh is a little selfish. Anna had a life before him and she should keep having a life during him.

Anonymous said...

Gee - the anticipation is new to me! I spent a couple of days getting caught up - which at that point I must tell you I appreciated the different colors then! However, I am not used to this "waiting" for posts. Anna - you totally rock! I'm hoping this is a "Reader's Dream" - the story that never ends! I read some serial novels (JA Jance, Patterson, Kellerman, Sue Grafton, Janet Evanovich - just to name a few) and I just hope this story never ends. You do a great job. Thank you so much! Stacey