Friday, April 6, 2007

The Night At Home

When Josh told me that he wanted to show me how much I meant to him, I honestly thought he was going to take me to bed and make love to me all night long. So it’s needless to say that I was a little surprised when he led me to the bathroom instead of the bedroom.

The door was partially closed to the bathroom, I lifted my hand to push it opened and he stopped me. “Just give me one minute,” he said as he touched his fingers to my cheek, “I have to do some thing first. Close your eye.” He chuckled at my questioning look. “Just trust me, close them.”

I did as he asked, and he disappeared into the bathroom. Ok, I peeked when I heard him push the door open but it was still pretty dark in there so I don’t know what he was doing. “Still got them closed?” He called out. I quickly squeezed my eyes shut again.

“Yes! Josh what are you doing? I feel so silly standing here with my eyes closed.”

“No, you look beautiful.” He whispered, his hands gripped my hips and he pulled me to him. “Just a few more minutes,” his lips brushed against my closed eyelids. He led me into the bathroom and I heard the door click as it closed. Why is he closing the... his lips were on mine before I could even finish that thought. His kiss was so soft, so tender I felt it throughout my entire body.

Josh lifted my hands to his shoulders before his slid back down over my body to grasp my shirt. In one swift movement, he had managed to remove and discard my shirt and then he moved on to my pants. His fingers rested just beneath the waist of my pants, he lifted his lips from mine and kissed a trail over my jaw, down my neck and shoulder.

I tried to pull him closer, to hold my body tight against his but he held himself out just enough that I couldn’t. “Josh,” I groaned in frustration. I could feel him smile against my skin but he just continued his trail of kisses. From my shoulder, he crossed half of my chest and started down through the valley of my breast. I found myself taking a deep breath and holding it, as he hesitated there but as much as we both wanted him to, he didn’t touch or kiss my breast. Sinking to him knees he continued down until his lips touched his fingers at my waist.

I thought I would die as I waited for him to remove my pants, I had made a move to do it myself but he moved my hands away. “Let me do it,” he whispered. As his fingers undid my pants, he nibbled softly on my flesh, sending shivers throughout my body. I lifted my hands to his head and entwined my fingers in his hair. Once my pants were removed, his mouth moved down to my panties, his teeth gripped the band and he moved the front down wards while his fingers gripped the sides. Soon, my panties were in the pile at my feet but Josh wasn’t done, his hands traveled up my calves to just above my knees. “Anna?” He nudged my legs open slightly.

“Mmmm?”

“Have you opened your eyes yet honey?”

“Nooh!” I gasped as he gently nipped at the skin of my inner thigh.

He chuckled, “You can open them now.”

I opened my eyes and gazed down at him. There was something about seeing the man you love down on his knees in front of you that just makes you feel all tingly inside, and I was certainly feeling tingly. I watched as he pressed his lips against my tummy as his eyes gazed into mine. “Did I get it right?”

“Get what right?”

He glanced around the room and I did too. “I think I have everything you told me that night.”

“Oh Josh,” I bit my lip; I thought I was going to cry. “I didn’t think you were wake when I mentioned this.”

A couple nights ago, Josh and I were talking, he was actually trying to sleep and I was trying to keep him awake so I told him about one of the things I would love a guy to do for me. I mentioned how I always wanted to come home to have my man waiting for me at the door with a smile; he wouldn’t say anything but I knew he was up to something. He’d take me by the hand and lead me into the bathroom that was lit by ‘moonlit walk/wandering stream’ candles. In the flickering candlelight he would remove all my clothes, layer by layer, kissing and nibbling on every inch of my skin. After I was naked and trembling for him, he would show me the hot bubble bath that he had drawn for me.

He chuckled, “Not awake when you are telling me your hopes and dreams?” He stood up, taking my hand in his. “I couldn’t find the candles you were talking about,” he frowned as he looked at the candle on the vanity.

I laughed, “I thought I could smell tangerines!” I threw my arms around his neck, “Oh Josh this is the best!”

“I didn’t know what else to buy, and I knew you liked them.” He explained. “I just have to run the water; I didn’t want it to be cold by the time you got home.”

He turned to the taps and played around with them until the water temperature was too his liking. “Now,” he looked at me. “While we wait for that, here you go.” He drew my attention to the little table that I didn’t notice before, lifting a glass from it he handed it to me. “I added a couple things of my own. Champaign – apple juice,” he whispered when I lifted a brow in his direction. “And some chilled – ok, frozen, grapes.”

“Frozen grapes?”

Josh nodded, “Oh yes, they are good. Of course, I was only going to cool them but I forgot and they froze. Here,” he picked up one in his fingers and lifted it to my lips. “Try it.” My lips parted and he slipped the grape into my mouth.

I closed my lips on the tip of his finger, grazing it with the tip of my tongue. “Mmmm,” I closed my eyes and groaned.

“Tease,” he whispered and reached for another grape.

While we waited for the tub to fill, we teased each other with the grapes. By the time Josh turned off the water, I was so ready to pull him into bed not slide into a hot bath. He held out his hand to help me in the tub and I told him no. “What?” His smile disappeared.

“I think you are forgetting something,” I slipped my thumb underneath the strap of my bra.

“Come here!” Josh growled as he grabbed hold of my hands and pulled me close. His lips went instinctively to my neck as his hands slipped up my back and unclasped my bra, letting it fall into the pile with the rest of my clothes.

When I was comfortably sitting in the very warm bath, Josh sat next to the tub. “Anna about tonight.” He swirled his fingers through the water a couple times before he looked up at me. “I was an ass.”

“No you weren’t.”

He shook his head, “Yes. Yes I was. I was only thinking about myself. Honey,” he shifted his position. “All I could think of as you were there trying to talk to Hank was, ‘this jackass is ruining my plans, why does she put up with these clowns?’”

I raised a brow at him and he shrugged, “I have no excuse for it. I just wanted tonight to be special, for me to make one of your romantic dreams come true. And it seemed that everyone was trying to stop that.”

I went to say something but he held up his hand. “I know you like to help people; lord knows you’ve helped me a lot. I don’t want you to change that either, it makes you who you are. I know that tomorrow you’ll be out trying to help Hank again and also beating Jordan for not sticking around to tell you tonight.”

I laughed, “You know me so well.”

Josh smiled, “I love you Anna, and I love everything about you. And despite how I act sometimes, I don’t ever want you to change who you are.”

I gave him a sexy smile and stroked his forearm with my wet, soapy finger. “Hey Handsome?”

“Yes Beautiful?”

“How about you get your ‘loving everything about me’ butt in here?”

“Anna, I don’t think I’ll fit.”

I giggled, “I didn’t think that either but you fit just perfectly,” I licked my lips and gave him an innocent look.

“Naughty!” He laughed, but he did remove his clothes and join me in the bath.

11 comments:

Anna said...

Good Afternoon Everyone!

So my computer froze in the middle of the clothing removal! I thought I lost everything but thank god for autosave in Word, where I type this out first ~g~

I'm glad everyone is still enjoying this story. It's a big relief actually...~s~

I haven't figured out any colors that I like yet, besides those I already use, but I am working on it. Tell me if the different font helps or not.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

I think the light blue and light green that you use are easy on the eyes against the black back drop.
I had a feeling there was a good reason that Josh was acting like an @ss. It sucks when you plan something romantic and then all these things happen to interfere!
L

Anonymous said...

I would love it if my husband planned something romantic like what Josh did for Anna. To bad he doesn't think like that lol. Great post Anna! It makes me want to go home and ask my husband why he can't be like Josh lol. <--- He knows I'm obsessed with reading blogs :)

Misty

Meghan said...

i LOVE this blog. and you other one too....im a receptionist so all i do is play on the internet all day and answer phones and i look forward to reading both your blogs every days.

Anonymous said...

AWW josh is so sweet! he even admitted to be an ass lol !

Anonymous said...

What other blogg? I think I've missed something.
I was hoping there would be an engagement ring involved somehow, I guess it is too soon for that. I love this story, it's great!!
Sandy

Anonymous said...

Sandy,

Josh has actually proposed to Anna already back - in March. She gets to tell him her decision when she is ready to.

Misty

Anonymous said...

aaaahhhh i love josh.. sigh

Anonymous said...

I'm glad he realized he was being a jerk! Did you feel like you had take our comments from yesterday's post, and rationalize Josh's behavior in todays post? I wish my own hubby would act a little more like Josh! hehe

~~Lizzie~~

Anonymous said...

Sandy if you look in the top left corner you will see "once in this life" and that is the other blog. It is equally good! If you like this you will love that one too!

Great post as always! Stacey

Anonymous said...

once again YOU tease, delight and amaze us, and We are so thankful for that. I have to say I look very forward to your posts and never worry about their *timing* THEY get here every day. You are a dedicated person and a very talented person!!! thank you for sharing yourself with us....

Well Happy Easter to all....it is SNOWING yet again here in Wyoming!!!!!!

Lori