Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Looking Snazzy

Josh called a little after five that day. Before we got too far into our conversation, I told him that Jordan asked me to go with him to his parents’ house for dinner. “He figures that his parents aren’t going to react all that well when he tells them about Jenna, so he wants some support.” I paused briefly, “Is that ok?”

“Of course it is Anna,” Josh replied right away. “You don’t have to even ask, from what you’ve told me about Jordan’s father, I think it’s a good thing he asked you to be there.”

“Oh, I wasn’t sure if you had wanted to do something, that’s why I asked.” I was disappointed, I didn’t want him to be upset that I was spending time with Jordan again but I was hoping he’d be a little disappointed that we couldn’t see each other again that night.

Josh chuckled, “Honey I always want to do something with you, even if it’s just sitting around somewhere holding you in my arms. But I understand that Jordan needs your support right now and I kind of got invited to my parents for dinner again. When I called earlier to ask my dad if he had some time tonight to talk, my mom told him to tell me to come over for dinner. I think she believes there’s something wrong.”

I laughed, “I hear that mothers like to worry about their babies.”

“That’s what I hear too but I’m not a baby anymore Anna.”

“Don’t you know you’ll always be your mom’s little boy?” I smiled, I liked that I was able to joke around with Josh and he wouldn’t take what I said to hard.

He laughed, “I’m a tad too big to be considered little anymore.”

“Mmmm, yes you are,” I sighed.

“Anna,” Josh’s voice had a warning tone to it so I asked him what was wrong. “I’m in the living room of my parents’ house, and they are here with me.” He whispered into the phone, “So behave!”

“So I can’t tell you that I’m sitting here on my bed with nothing but a smile on?” I heard him groan so I continued. “And it’s probably not a good idea to tell you that I just got out of the shower so my skin is still wet, and so is my hair.”

His voice dropped an octave. “Stop honey, please stop.” I promised him I would and we went to hang up when he told me to hold on. I heard voices in the background but I couldn’t pick out what they were saying. Soon he came back on the line, “Anna my parents would like to know if you’ll come over to dinner with me on Sunday?”

I hesitated only because I knew I worked Sunday and I told him that. “Oh,” he replied. “Maybe another time then?”

He sounded so disappointed, I felt bad. Plus I really wanted to go. “No,” I told him. “Tell me what time and I’ll see if I can switch shifts with someone if it is during the time I work.”

Josh told me to hold on again and I heard the voices in the background again. “I made a mistake,” he told me when he came back. “It’s Sunday lunch, not dinner. So around noon; are you working?”

I told him I wasn’t working until four that day, so I would be there. Our conversation didn’t last much longer than that; he had to go help his dad with something. “Maybe you can give me a call if you get home early enough,” he mentioned before saying bye. I told him I would.

After we hung up, I jumped off my bed to get dressed for tonight. While I was putting the finishing touches on my hair, I heard Jordan come home. “Babe?” He called out as he walked down the hallway towards his room. I opened my door just in time to see him pulling his shirt off. “Oh there you are,” his eyes slid over my body. “Wow, you look really nice.”

I smiled, “Thank you Jordy.” I wasn’t wearing anything special, just a pair of brown low rise casual pants with a black striped blouse that had silver snaps instead of buttons. The top snap on my shirt was open and you could see the necklace that I wore around my neck that held Josh’s grandmother’s cross.

Jordan leaned in closer and lifted the necklace off my chest, “This is very nice too.” He smiled at me as his finger slipped over the cross. “Is Josh ok with you spending the night with me again?”

“Of course he is,” I smiled and then changed the subject. “Don’t you think you should go get cleaned up?”

Jordan dropped the cross and looked at his watch, “Damn we are going to be late. He’s going to kill me.” He quickly pressed a kiss against my lips and continued towards the bathroom, undressing as he went.

12 comments:

Anna said...

Good Early Morning Everyone!

Stacey I don't mind when people ask for doubles, just most of the time they are difficult to do from my end ~s~

G - I'm glad you think I don't need to change the way I tell my story ~g~

DDgirl, and lucky for me there are readers who enjoy reading my posts everyday. It's a win-win situation I like to think ~s~

Anonymous a soap opera because they never seem to end and books do ~l~ I was only kidding on that though, I can't drag a story line out for months on end...LOL ~hopes no one remembers what month we are on in this blog~ I do know what you mean about books though, I have quite a few that I reread often.

Vikki, Mehreen, L - It's always nice to read your comments.

I know I don't know any of you guys but seeing the same names over and over again make happy I started writing on here.

I hope everyone has a good day! ~s~

DDgirl said...

Have a nice day Anna!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, interesting post! Of course, now I can't wait to see the next one to see how Jordy's parents take the news... I'm worried about him. From everything we've heard his dad sounds like a total jerk. At least he's got Anna there (and why do I have a feeling she's goingto be doingmore yelling than Jordy if things turn ugly?).
-Meghan

Anonymous said...

waw that was early!! (NOT complaning at all!!!) Lov this little surprises!!

Thanks Anna

PCS

Anonymous said...

What an early post...I was thinking I would just check out yesterdays comments!
I like the work that you did on your blog page. It looks good!
L

Anonymous said...

First off-LOVE the new site look! I really enjoy your blog and it makes coming into work so much easier! Things are still slow at work because of the rain, snow, and cold temps. I just don't know what I will do when things pick up for the summer because I won't have time to read your blog everyday :(

I also have a feeling that she will be doing more yelling than Jordy. It's always hard becoming a parent the first time because you always wonder if you will be a good parent but I think Jordy will be a great parent-He's so loving and I can tell he has a big heart!

See you tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

lov the pics you posted!!!

PCS

Anonymous said...

Good post once again. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I liked the old page set up better. It matched the story better for me, just like the set up on your other blog fits that story. But, no matter what it looks like, I'll continue to read it. I can't wait to see what happens at Jordy's parents house...

Vikki

P.S. Like the pics though!

Anonymous said...

I really like the look of the new page! I have a feeling dinner at Jordy's is going to end up with definitely Matt being called & possibly Josh. I think this is going to be JUICY!

Stacey

Anonymous said...

Anna,
I love your blog! And I love your new pictures! Especially the one of the beach! I wish it were beach weather here now!

~~Lizzie~~

Shar said...

Anna...Love the new look of your blog! I still think Jordan has the hots for Anna. If she keeps spending her time with Jordan and not with Josh, things may change!

Mehreen said...

Your blog looks awesome and I love the story! I hope dinner goes well, people like Jordan's dad make my irrationally angry (altho in this case, I think my anger is completely rational!)