Sunday, April 29, 2007

A Lightheaded Good Old TIme

Lunch at Josh’s parents house wasn’t as nerve wrecking as I thought it would be, everyone was nice to me. I guess I really didn’t expect it to be any other way deep down but you know the nervous feeling is normal. Or so I’m told.

Jesse didn’t leave my side for very long after he gave Erin that dirty look. It seemed that no other child was allowed to be up with me at all. Even when Megan started to crawl up in my lap after Josh got up to do something for his mother, Jesse came running over and almost pushed her out of the way.

“Jesse,” I stopped him. “It’s not nice to push.”

“I sorry Ama,” he stared up at me, his arms held out to me. “Hug?” I picked him up, hugged him tight as I blew against his neck, making a ‘farting’ noise. Jesse giggled, “Again Ama!” He tilted is head so I could do it again.

“Oh that’s just nasty,” Josh laughed as he returned to sit next to us.

“Ama do daddy!” Jesse giggled as he pointed to his dad.

Josh turned to me, “Yes please,” he whispered.

I didn’t even stop to think that his family was sitting around the living room, watching us. I leaned in to him, my lips brushed against his neck. “Mmm,” his moan vibrated in his throat as he tried not to be too loud. Lifting my hand, I softly caressed his cheek as my lips moved against his neck. I wanted to feel him against me so badly. If Jesse wasn’t on my lap I would’ve pulled Josh down on me or crawled onto his lap.

“Make noise Ama!” Jesse tugged at my arm, bringing me all the way out of the fog that I was in. Glancing up at Josh, I saw in his eyes the same feelings that I was experiencing. I didn’t want to make the noise against his neck, I wanted to continue to kiss it but I had no choice. Moving into his neck again, I opened my mouth against his warm skin and blew as hard as I could; he cracked up laughing.

“That feels so weird!”

“Me Ama!” Jesse was bouncing on my lap, already giggling. When I went to move in to do it to him again, he tilted his head so I couldn’t.

Soon I had Megan standing in front of me. “Me too?” She asked in a very soft voice.

“No!” Jess threw his arms around me, “My Ama!”

Megan’s little lip started to quiver, “Please?”

“Jess come on, let Megan have a turn.” Josh tried to take Jesse from me but he held on tight, “Jess, let go of Anna.”

“No daddy,” Jesse buried his face against my chest.

I didn’t know what to do, I didn’t want to make Megan feel left out, it wouldn’t be nice. But I didn’t want Jesse to feel jealous, I didn’t want him to lay claim to me like this. I turned to Josh and he shrugged, “I don’t know Anna.” I glanced around the room at his family, Tim was trying to get Megan to go over to him but she just stood there with her head tilted waiting for me. It wasn’t until my eyes traveled over Erin lying on the floor that I had an idea.

Sliding to the floor in front of the chair, I leaned over and laid Jesse on his back while I tried to get him to let go. “Come on Jess,” I whispered in his ear. “Let Megan join in, I promise it’ll be just as fun.” He looked skeptical at first but he slowly let me go. I turned to Megan, who moved in closer, offering me her neck. Wrapping my arms around her, I blew against her neck while I laid her on the floor next to Jess. “Ah ha ha!” I laughed as I stared down at them. They both looked up at me, waiting for me to move again. I leaned down and blew on each of their necks, tickling the other as they waited.

A good half hour of that and I was so thankful when Helen came in to tell us all that lunch was ready. Josh and Matt came and took the kids to get them something to eat before the adults got there. I was sitting on the floor still, leaning against the chair, trying hard not to pass out, my head hurt.

“Hey,” I glanced up as Rob knelt down beside me. “Are you ok? You look a little pale.” I nodded and told him I was just getting my bearings. “You are great with the kids Anna,” he smiled at me. “And with my brother, I haven’t seen him this happy…ever.”

I smiled, I couldn’t help it. “Thanks Robbie. Josh is a great guy, I’m so lucky he’s in my life.”

He excused himself to go see where Sandy was but not before he told me that it was his pleasure to be turned down for his brother.

I was chuckling still when Josh came back to get me. “What’s so funny?”

“Nothing,” I said as he helped me up. “I was just remembering how we met,” I gave him a kiss. “I’m glad I made that mistake that night.”

“Me too.”

We went into the kitchen, grabbed a couple plates and started to pick out what we wanted to eat. Soon we were seated at one of the tables that were set up in the dining room; I didn’t realize until I looked around the dining room, just how big his parents’ house was. I mentioned it to Josh and he smiled. “Honey when it’s just my parents or a few people, they have the partition across.” He pointed to a spot halfway down each side of the room. “The part that we are in right now, if the actual dining room; the other part is only used when we need more space; it’s normally used as a storage area. Although,” he leaned down and gave me a quick kiss. “Once the weather gets warm again, we won’t be eating in here much at all. Mom kicks us all outside.” Josh went on to tell me about the many different meals and events they gather at here for. “We are a close family Anna, if we can be together, we will be.”

Just hearing him say that made me smile, I knew his family was important to him; it was very obvious to anyone who was around them. “It’s the way it should be Josh, you can never take it for granted.”

He looked down at me, “I don’t Anna.” He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me near. “Can you picture yourself being a part of this?”

“Yes,” I said without hesitation. It was true, I could.

Jesse called out to Josh at that moment, so he got up to see to him. I watched him as he tended to Jesse. Yes, I can picture myself here, I thought absently as I played with his grandmother’s necklace that hung around my neck. I can’t wait to be more involved with these people, I let my gaze glide over the many faces of his family. When I got to his mother, I noticed she was staring at me; her mouth was opened in shock.

Two things happened at that moment.

The doorbell rang and Tim disappeared to answer it.

Helen called out for Josh to go over to her.

“Yes mom?” Josh asked as Tim came back with Walter close behind him.

“I need to talk to you,” both Helen and Walter spoke at the same time.

6 comments:

Anna said...

Good Afternoon Everyone!

I don't mind if anyone posts a link to their blog in my comments sections...in fact I welcome all new notices of blogs!

I hope everyone has a good day!


Oh! And PCS, what happened to your blog? Did I miss something?

Anonymous said...

OMG Post another one today please! I can't wait until tomorrow to find out what happens. I bet Josh's mom is pretty upset about that necklace he gave Anna. And info about the custody battle! Just one more please! Reward us weekenders before another yucky Monday!

Cassy L. said...

thanks anna. you know i've been getting some smack for posting my link on other blogs.

ok, i loveeee jesse. he's so cute. i hope josh's mom has some dirt so that josh get's jesse. because if he doesn't, i will cry. for hours.

Anonymous said...

OMG I wonder what Joshs' mom has to say. I was thinking the same thing as K. That it might be about the necklace. Wow!! Can't wait for the next post!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I hope Josh's mom isn't mad about the necklace!! They don't need his family to get in between their relationship. I hope they have news about the Carol! Great post! Keep them coming!

Nicole

Anonymous said...

I was also thinking the same thing as K. However, I have always gotten the impression that his mom likes Anna. After all, she did put Josh in his place about not properly inviting Anna to dinner.

Stacey