Monday, March 3, 2008

It All Changes

It happened so fast. One minute I was charging out into the kitchen, determined to tell Jordan that a month just wouldn’t cut it for me. Then the next thing I know, he’s flashing me the baby monitor - wordlessly telling me that he heard my entire conversation with Jenna - before drawing me as close as possible with Jenna in my arms and kissing me. Really kissing me! And I responded! Oh boy did I respond!

Now I’ve been kissed by some really hot guys before - Will, Mike and Josh, just to name a few - and I always thought that those kisses were something. Boy was I totally wrong! All three of those guy’s kisses rolled into one probably couldn’t get the reaction from me as Jordan’s kiss did.

I felt something before - when I kissed other guys - the desire to be closer and feel their hands on my body but with Jordan? Oh Lord! I wanted to melt into him, take the kiss deeper, and mold my body to his. Then it happened, something that never happened to me before. He was kissing me - his hand was at my waist while the other rested on my arm as I held Jenna - when a cold shiver ran up my body, all the way to my skull. It felt so good. The shiver wasn’t what made me pull away from his kiss through. No. I pulled away because suddenly I could feel a warm wetness between my thighs and the tightening of my nipples under the thin material of my nightshirt.

I couldn’t look at him when I pulled away, even though I heard the concerned questioning tone in his ragged voice when he asked me what was going on. Without a word, I lowered a wiggling Jenna to the floor and straightened up, unsure of what was happening. “Anna? Please tell me what I did wrong.”

Shaking my head, I glanced up at him; my gaze focusing on his lips as my fingers pressed gently against my own. I could still feel his lips; I could still taste his kiss.

“Then…” he looked down at Jenna as she hit him on the thigh with her sippy cup. Taking the cup from her, he went to say something but she took off. Right to her highchair; she was hungry. Jordan turned back to me, “I have -”

As he was turning back, I lifted my fingers from my lips and reached out to press them against his. I’m pretty sure I looked silly to him at that moment, tracing the outline of his bottom lip as I stared at him in what I could only imagine was wonder.

“Anna?” He chuckled softly. “What’s going on?”

Curling my hand, my palm brushed against the two days worth of stubble on his jaw.

“I know, I should’ve shaved but with everyth -”

There was a loud bang, we both jumped and turned towards Jenna. She was staring back at us, her little lip trembling as the highchair rested on its side in front of her.

“I better…” he motioned towards Jenna.

Still a word hadn’t passed my lips. It would be a while before I could finally voice any thought whatsoever.

Standing just inside the kitchen, I held my right arm across my chest so that he wouldn’t notice my response to his kiss. I watched him with Jenna and I noticed things about him that I didn’t see before. Like the way the pj pants he wore hung seductively from his hips and how the thin material of his shirt hugged his shoulders, making him seem so much broader than I could recall.

After righting the highchair and making Jenna laugh, Jordan deposited her into the chair and turned around - catching me watching him. Slowly, his mouth turned up in a smile and I swear I sighed. Thankfully his attention turned to getting Jenna breakfast; otherwise he would’ve seen my fingers press against my lips once more. Oh God! I whined mentally. I wanted him to come back and kiss me again. To drag me into his arms and really make my body shudder with desire.

While I stood there watching his every move, Jordan placed a couple pancakes onto a small plate and cut them into small pieces for Jenna before going to the fridge to pour her some milk. “Ok,” he moved towards the highchair where Jenna sat waiting. “Daddy made your favourite this morning J-Roll, pancakes.”

Jenna was grinning when Jordan came towards her with the pink plastic Dora plate but when he set it on the highchair’s table; she leaned in, screwed up her nose and tried to push it over the edge.

“Jenna, don’t!” Jordy frowned as he stopped her. “What’s wrong? You love pancakes.” Picking up her fork, he speared a piece and lifted to her mouth. “Come on; eat your breakfast like a good little girl.”

Jenna batted at the fork and the pancake piece fell into his lap.

“Jenna! That’s not nice at all!” He gave her a stern look and she responded with a stubborn one of her own as she tried, once again, to push the plate off the table. “I don’t understand,” he removed the plate before it ended up on the floor. “She always loves my pancakes.”

The sad look on his face was what it took to finally make me stop being a complete moron. I made my way over to them, looked down at Jenna and the plate Jordan held - she was eyeing the pancakes, so I knew she wanted them.

“Oh,” he nodded towards the cupboard. “They may not be all that hot,” he grinned and told me he got distracted. “But feel free to help yourself while I try to get Miss Fussy Pants to eat.”

“Ok.” I intended on flashing him a smile and then going to help myself but when I looked into those green eyes, I couldn’t help but lean into him and press my lips against his jaw.

“Mmm,” his arm slipped around my waist and he held me close. “I like that,” he murmured as he lowered his head to brush his lips against mine. “And I really like that; I plan on doing more of that soon.”

“Jordy…” I couldn’t believe it; I was blushing like a schoolgirl again.

“Go on,” he playfully pushed me away. “Eat.” Turning back to Jenna, he told her that I was going to eat her pancakes if she didn’t want them - she didn’t seem to be too worried about it.

I went about getting myself some breakfast - poured a glass of orange juice and stacked a couple pancakes on a plate - and then sat down at the table. I had just cut into it when I stopped, “Jordy?” I glanced around the kitchen. “Where’s the syrup?”

“Syrup?” He repeated and then spun around. “Of course! That’s what she wants…syrup!” Apologizing to Jenna, he crossed the room and pulled a squeeze bottle of syrup out of a cupboard. After squeezing little drops onto each of the pieces, he dropped the bottle off to me and went to Jenna. “Do you want this now?” He laid the plate down in front of her.

Jenna went to bat at the plate but stopped when she saw the syrup. With a giggle, she picked up a piece in her fingers, looked it over and then put it in her mouth.

As his daughter ate happily, Jordan helped himself to the remainder of the pancakes. “Syrup,” he shook his head. “I can’t believe you distracted me that much!”

“Hey!” I exclaimed. “It’s not my fault that you are easily distracted.”

Instead of replying, he gave me a ‘yeah, right’ look and popped a forkful of pancake into his mouth. A little drop of syrup remained on his bottom lip and as he chewed, my eyes were drawn to that spot. Oh God did I want to help him with that.

Stop it! My inner voice snapped. He’s not just some piece of meat to devour; he’s your best friend. Do you think he would appreciate it if he knew what you were thinking right now? My eyes flicked from his lips to his eyes - he chuckled and winked at me! Oh he’d appreciate it alright.

“What are you doing?” I raised a brow when he leaned towards me with his lips puckered up.

Laughing, he told me that I was concentrating very hard on his mouth. “I figured you just wanted something.”

“Mmm,” I grinned. “You have a little syrup on your lip.”

“In that case,” he slid his chair right next to mine. “I’m ready for the classic ‘you got something on your lip’ removal scene.”

“Yeah, ok,” I threw my napkin at him. “There you go, remove it.”

“That’s not fair,” he said all pouty. “I would do it if it were you.”

“I bet you would.”

We sat there, merely inches apart, and I couldn’t stop glancing from his eyes to his lips and back again. Finally, I just had to do it. Tilting my head, I went to lean into him when a sudden noise outside the house made me jump.

“Damnit!” Jordan cursed. I asked him what was wrong and he told me that we weren’t alone anymore. “That would be Mike. I took today off work so I could spend some time with him while Eric was running around town in interviews for most of the day.”

“Oh,” I settled back against my chair.

“Yeah,” he sighed, wiping his mouth with my napkin as Mike knocked on the front door again.
“But on a brighter note,” he said as he got up and was half way to the door when he said that he couldn’t wait to tell Mike about us.

“No!” I jumped from my chair. “You can’t tell him.”

25 comments:

Tanner said...

Good Morning Everyone!

I hope you are all having a good day.

So like I mentioned last month, I suspended my other two blogs for a couple weeks and was taking that time to decide if I was going to continue either of them. Well, I've thought long and hard about it and I've decided that I will be ending both blogs. I'll try to tie up the stories as much as I can...Janie's last post will probably come long before Tanner's does because there's still a little more I'd like to do with Tanner.

I know some of you were hoping that I wouldn't end either but I think it's for the best. I've enjoyed sharing them with you and I hope to share many others with you in the future.

Thank you all for being such wonderful readers...

Angela

PS...no, this blog won't be ending anytime soon. Anna still has a lot of stuff to tell you all ~g~

Oh, and if you didn't notice...I'm commenting as 'Tanner' because I just posted on his blog. Most of the next few posts are going to be back dated...so don't worry, you didn't miss anything ~s~

Linds said...

I am just happy that this one isn't ending yet!
L

KBear said...

im betting anna wants to relish in the idea they are together first, before getting all the teasing.

i would want to enjoy it for a bit first.. rather than just jump into the heckling!!

Carmel Beauty said...

Wow! I just love them together How did I miss how great they would be in the beginning.

mum said...

Awesome post! I just loved it. I loved Anna's reaction, the fact that she was speechless, the way she was looking at Jordan differently. It was great. I don't blame her for wanting to keep it quiet for a little. It will take some getting used to for both of them, and it's somehow more exciting. I do hope that these new strong feelings don't scare Anna.

Wonderful job!

mum

Anonymous said...

Angela,
You do what you need to. I don't read Tanner that much, but I know Janie's is coming to an end, I can feel it. As for this one, I'm glad its continuing.

On a selfish note...Will you be starting any other blog stories? You are a super talented writer!

Anonymous said...

that was soo adorable i wish she wouldve kiss the syrup off his lip.....but please tell us soon why she doesn't want to let mike know...

I LOVE THIS blog

B

Anonymous said...

Loving this!!!!! Keep up the great work.

Anonymous said...

awesome post......as usual...i bet you've converted all the 'team josh' people to jordy's side!

Anonymous said...

Angela,
I know this may be too soon to ask this but can you share some of the ideas that you have for a new blog? I would love to hear the ideas...but if you choose not to, don't know yet or want to keep it a secret thats alright...I just thought I would ask...because i can't wait to hear about them!
J.B

MJ said...

That was such a great post! I just hope Jordan doesn't get upset that she wants to keep it a secret for now. He's waited for this so long so he probably wants everyone to know, but hopefully he'll understand she needs time to get used to the idea.

It really sucks that you have to end the other two blogs, but if you aren't connecting with the characters then there really isn't much you can do. Hopefully you'll start another amazing blog though? =]

Melissa Robinson said...

I hope she doesn't have a stupid reason for wanting to put off telling everyone and it ruins everything for them....but i am afraid thats it

kmorales4 said...

Yummy post. I get the feeling that Jordan is gonna act up a bit because Anna doesn't want to tell Mike yet. I hope he doesn't act like a yerk.

kmorales4 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hey Angela, maybe you can start a blog about JOSH, that would be nice...HINT, HINT!!

Sorry, still not digging the Anna and Jordan story, but JOSH, still get hot and heavy just saying his name!!

Unknown said...

I love the Anna/Jordy story line. I really hope she doesn't hurt his feelings with her reason for not wanting anyone to know yet. I would also want a little time to get settled in and maybe talk about things before letting everyone know considering they're best friends and in each others family life etc. I hope you post today, it's a rainy day and I need something good to sit back and day dream about. ;o)

Anonymous said...

Speaking of Josh, I can just imagine his reaction when he finds out that Anna and Jordan are together.
Loved this post, they are such a good match, but there still has to be some drama or else the blog would get stagnet like Once did. All can not be happily ever after. I wonder what you have in store for us, can't wait to read it.

Anonymous said...

Angela, I am addicted to your blog.

Vikki said...

I'm with caramel beauty. I just never would have thought they would be so good together. I'm sitting here with the dopiest grin on my face because of that post.
But I do wonder why Anna doesn't want Mike to know.

Can't wait for the next post...and maybe a 'love scene'. Hey, I'm in a dry spell. I need a vicarious thrill! ~s~

Vikki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

THAT KISS WAS HOT!!!!!!!
HELL YEAH ANNA & JORDAN!!!!

Anonymous said...

Loved the kiss. Loved the description about how Anna felt. Wish they were not getting interrupted today. I was hoping Heather was there to take Jenna and they could spend the day alone.
-Karen

Nic said...

I'm sorry that you have to end the other two blogs, it's understandable though, but I just love your writing. I need a fix dose everyday, lol.

Loved this post. I was reading it between classes and while reading I noticed that I had to go to class but I was a few minutes late since I wanted to finish your post.

Anonymous said...

Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you all know that I am working on today's post...if I can get it out of my imagination and onto the screen, you should be seeing it soon...hopefully.

But if you are bored and want something silly to read...visit my personal blog for a repost of a post I wrote a year ago on my MSN space...

Angela

Anonymous said...

yessssssss