Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Hanging Out

It was a beautiful night so while Harriet forced John to help her with the dishes - which I believe was so that she could talk to John about the new development with me and Jordan because she flat out refused my help when I offered it - the rest of us decided to head out back to the patio and relax.

“Do you think mom was trying to get us drunk?”

“What?” Jordan gave his brother a funny look.

“I think she was,” Nick stated. “Why else would she keep filling our glasses up before we could even finish what we had?”

It was an interesting question, I know I found myself wondering the same thing while we were all sitting at the table and Harriet kept filling the boys’ glasses until the two bottles of wine were gone.

“It didn’t work though,” Nick said as a cool breeze ruffled his hair. “I’m more horny than drunk.” The sound of the wind blowing was the only noise you could hear on the back patio after he revealed that piece of information. “Don’t worry,” he continued while watching Amy. “I’m not going to bother begging you to touch me tonight.” Turning back to us, he lifted his right hand. “Have you been introduced to Rightina? My girlfriend?”

“Idiot,” Jordan shook his head in disbelief.

Amy looked hurt when she punched him in the arm and called him a jerk before she stormed off into the house. “What’s her problem?” He asked cluelessly.

“You’re an idiot,” Mike informed him. “You should’ve stopped talking before you started.”

“I was kidding,” Nick mumbled and then asked me if I could tell him more about the jobs I mentioned at the table.

“Jenna no,” Jordan’s arms fell from my waist as he moved towards Jenna. “Bradley doesn’t want to play with the doll honey. Come see daddy.”

After a second of hesitation, Jenna came running over into Jordy’s outstretched arms. “Hey J-Roll,” he hugged her close to his chest. The smile that crossed his face when she pressed her face against his chest was priceless. When I moved into run my hand over his back, his elbow brushed against my breast, I tried to muffle my groan by biting my lip. By the look on Jordan’s face, it didn’t work.

“Hey Anna?” Nick motioned for me to come over. Reluctantly, I left Jordan’s side and went to sit at the table with Nick. “Tell me about those jobs?” He asked. “I really need to find something that pays and has benefits or I’ll be living in Amy’s parents’ basement for the rest of my life.” He looked tired as he told me that he loved Amy and Bradley but he didn’t marry Amy’s parents. “They are always down in our space and in our business. They make me feel that they think I don’t deserve her.”

“Nick,” I reached out and patted his clenched fist. “Why didn’t you tell us before? Maybe we could’ve helped you before now.”

With a sigh he raked his fingers through his hair. “Just tell me about the jobs, please?”

“Ok,” I nodded. “I don’t know much about the dispatcher job, just that Zack mentioned it the other night; I’d give him a call if I were you.”

“I’ll call him to-” he glanced at his watch. “I guess it’ll be tomorrow.”

“Well you could call him tonight, right now even, he’s at home.”

“Ok,” he replied but didn’t move. I looked at him expectantly and he laughed. “I’ll call him in a minute; tell me about the job at your work. What is it again?”

“Unloader,” I smiled. “I’m not sure what shifts you are looking for but this one is from 3:30 to midnight.”

With a chuckle, Nick told me that it would save him from having to deal with his in-laws too much. “What would I be doing? If I were to apply for that?”

“Unloading the warehouse trucks, mainly.” I shrugged. “I’m not really sure what else they have to do.”

“Will I see you?”

“I’ll be getting off when you are coming in so -” I stopped as a smirk appeared on his face. “What are you - oh!” I cringed. “Pervert!”

“Come on now Trouble,” he held up his left hand and nodded to Bradley. “I’m a family man, you have to control those urges of yours.”

“Shut up!” I rolled my eyes. “You don’t interest me,” I threw at him.

“I know, I know,” he laughed. “I’m happy that you two are together, finally.”

“Me too,” Jordan sat down next to me with Jenna falling asleep in his arms. “Things are just starting to fall into place, it’s great.”

Not to be left out, Mike and Eric pulled up chairs and joined us as well. “I just never thought I would see the day that my little brother would date an ex of mine.”

“Yeah, well,” Jordan leaned back in his chair and reached out his hand to stroke my hair. “If it were anyone else, I wouldn’t but Anna…” he shook his head as he gazed, adoringly, at me. “You are the best thing that ever happened to me.”

39 comments:

Anna said...

Hello Everyone!

I hope you are all doing well. Tomorrow's post will include Jordan and Anna going back to Jordan's place...I believe they are getting tired of being at his parents' house ~L~

Have a great day!

Angela

Oh! What are your thoughts on making it so there are no anonymous commenters? Not making the blog private because seriously, I don't want to. I mean making it so you have to sign in to comment. Would you stop commenting if that were the case? Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks!

DDgirl said...

Hello Angela!

of course I would still comment!

but unless u go private, I wonder if you can actually forbid anons.

Have a nice day, time to go to bed down here...

Take care

DDgirl

Lynn said...

I would comment, heck I just recently figured out that you could comment anonymously.

Anonymous said...

as an anon commenter, i would def still comment! i would have to figure out how to make a name thouugh- haha.... by the way nice post and cant wait for tomorrow!

Carmel Beauty said...

I think your idea of no anon commentors is great.

As for the story I am so loving anna and Jordy together.

Anonymous said...

i would definitely still comment.

I've just been too lazy to make a name. lol.

kmorales4 said...

Yay! I can't wait for tomorow's post, but knowing you, it's gonna have one of those cliffhangers that make us want to scream out for more.

On and Please don't make your blog private. Banning anon commentors sounds like a great idea though. Some of them are OK but some are mean and plain dumb.

Anonymous said...

Loved the post today & can't wait till tomorrow... Great as always.

I'd still comment... It is just easier ~L~ Will have to figure out how to create a name- okay and take the time. NO big deal.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about the anon's, Angela! Your faithful readers will take care of them! :-)

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't mind, I'd just have to remember my sign in. LOL!!

Anonymous said...

i personally enjoy handgelina but rightalina works too! haha
same as all the anon readers i would have to find out how to work this blog username thing a majig but no worries. just keep writing and well keep commenting. we love ur blog,were dedicated

B
(just do not make it private, i'm still sad about shar's)

http://nicoledog.blogspot.com/ said...

Me too, I have a really old blog space I could be using as a name but just can't remember it :} Love the post today...

I miss Shars too.

http://nicoledog.blogspot.com/ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dido said...

Shar actually asked for anyone who wanted to still read her blog to send her an email. I'm sure she would add you...She is actually the only reason I started using my blogger name - like some others said, it was just quicker to post anonymously! :)

Stacey

Anonymous said...

I only comment every once in a while, but if I felt the need, I'd just make a name. Or maybe I already have one? I have a google account. Hmmm...

Anyways, what happened to the list of other blogs? I always used it because I'm too lazy to favorite all of them. :)

Anonymous said...

Why do you want to make it so there are no anonymous commentors? So it will curtail rude comments? I guess I just feel like you'll get rude comments either way. I know that putting a name on a comment may make people think before they post but I think if someone wants to be rude they're going to be rude. Honestly, it doesn't matter to me if you get rid of anonymous commenters but it may not solve the problem of rude comments. Also, when you say sign in what do you mean? I don't have a blog or a google account. Would that mean I'd have to create one to view the blog or would I still just be able to sign my name?

Anonymous said...

Okay why was jordy's mom trying to get jordy and nick drunk? and why did she need to have a private conversation with John? What are they hiding!?!

i would sill comment!
Can't wait until they go to Jordan's place...;)

Vikki said...

Jordan is so sweet!! I love them together. Josh who??

LOL!! Good post and I can't wait for the next post when they go back to Jordy's ~wink, wink~

Vikki said...

Oh, and I have no problem with the non anonymous posting. It;s free to get a username, so everyone should be alright.

Mehreen said...

I don't mind anonymous commenters, but it's your blog so you set the rules. Glad to see a post today, I have a feeling a sex one is coming on. I know a lot of people have been asking for it, but I have to say, I prefer the substance ones (conversation, family, drama, sweetness...) I also think the parentals are hiding something, excessive wine & privacy, hm...

Shannon said...

It does seem like Jordan's parents have something to spill. Why did they insist on everyone being there for dinner? Can't wait for the next post!

About Shar's blog, does anyone how can I get invited to read it?

Anonymous said...

Ok, I have a question for all Team Josh people. Don't you guys feel that Anna and Jordan are so much better together than Josh and Anna? This feels so much more real than them. I am so happy that they are finally together. I do realize that their relationship will not always be this happy. They will most likely go through their issues but I know that they will work it out since they are best friends.

Ok, I know I sound like a psycho because I am analyzing this way too much. But oh well. I love this story.

I don't think it would matter to your fans, Angela, to comment either way. We will still do it.

Sorry for the long comment!

Unknown said...

I have never commented before but I think that it's your blog and you should be able to do whatever you want with it and if you don't want anon comments that's fine. It only takes a few min to make a name, I made one so I could see private blogs and have a sign in name. But I love this blog as well as the others!

EJ said...

To get onto Shar's blog, email redsoxgirl74@gmail.com !!

The Middle Child said...

All together now.... "Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww"

He's a sweet one that Jordan! I can't believe I used to be Team Josh!

And making it so anons can't comment might drastically reduce your comments because a lot of people that read don't have blogger accounts. But it's up to you. You can always delete the ones you don't like, the people that are being mean, etc. Whatever you choose to do I will still comment. I love your stories. Keep up the good work.

Rebekah

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for todays post... maybe they wanted them drunk so they would stay over???
I really hope anna and jordy have some fun today, =P
B

Anonymous said...

i have been reading for over a year now, and i love the story (and tanners blog) but I think i would read it less if i had to log in to read it. I like being able to comment (and i dont comment rudely or mean) and it just is easier to comment anonymously. In this era of internet and identity theft, I dont like giving out my name-email address-etc uneccesarily.

I would be very disappointed and would prolly stop reading if it went private.

Just a comment from a loyal reader.

~T~

Jacqie said...

I don't comment often, but I am a loyal reader of the blog and the comments. I would be bummed if this blog went private if I couldn't read it like with the blog "It Coulda Happened". One day I go to read it and it's private! But I think you may get rude commentors no matter what.

Also, I am liking Jordan and Anna together. I was mad at Jordan at the beginning of Anna and Josh's relationship, but now I know why he acted and did what he did. Not that it was right, but emotions do get the best of people sometimes.

Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

If you go private, then please give us fair warning, and tell us how to access "View"
Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

I've got to say that unfortunately if I had to sign in to comment I would probably not do so as much. The simple truth is that I'm lazy......sorry Angela. Do whatever you want though, it's your blog, and nobody likes to read rude unconstructive bashes of their own work. I will keep reading as long as you are writing. Keep up the good work!

J

Anonymous said...

Great entry.

As for having to sign in to leave a comment, well I wouldn't be able to. Unfortunately, I read the blogs while at work and our IT guys have it set so you can't sign in to anything at all other than programs authorized by them. I don't know how they do it (personally I don't think they know how they do it either, it is just a fluke), but there is no way around it. But you do what you have to do, I can still read so long as you don't go private.

Anna said...

Hello Everyone!

Just thought I'd stop in to let you all know that today's post won't be up until tonight some time. For now, seeing that Thursdays and Fridays are my days off work, expect that the posts won't be posted until later in the evening.

As for my question yesterday. My reason for wanting to take away the anonymous commenting is simply because I like 'knowing' who's commenting - I like it when I see a 'name' because it's easy to relate to someone who makes their comments theirs. Does that make sense?

Some of you have said that you probably wouldn't read if the blog was private, which I completely understand. I will NOT be making any of my blogs private for the simple fact that there's no reason to.

I have to run and do a few more things before settling down to post. Thank you for sharing your views and I hope you all have a great day!

Angela

Anonymous said...

i think that although it's your blog people shouldn't have to give a name if they don't want to.. not because i'm all into the whole rights of freedom or whatever, just because some people don't want to stick a name on there. i certainly don't. i also don't see any rude comments on here.. so that fixes the rude comment idea. plus i think, even though people say they'll still comment, wont comment as much because people really are lazy. it's like when people lie on polls and surveys because they want to seem more socially acceptable.

Melissa Robinson said...

phewww at least we are getting a post! :) I was ready to go into withdrawal!

MJ said...

Regarding the whole anonymous comment thing, I kind of get what you're saying. It just seems nicer to be able to place a name with the comments and it seems more personal. I don't comment that often, but when I do, I like to sign in to "claim" my comment. As for people being too lazy to sign in to comment, there's always OpenID. Then you use a username instead of your actual name and its just a few more keystrokes after your comment. You don't even have to sign up for it because chances are you already have one and you just don't know you do (at least that's what the website claims). If anyone wants to check it out go to openid.net. And this is just my opinion, but if you feel like what you're saying is important and you take the time to comment then you should be proud of your comment and at least put a username with it.

Anyway, thanks for letting us know Thursday and Friday posts are going to be later in the evening. I can't wait to find out what Jordan's mom is up to!

Ava Andrews said...

I love this post and cannot wait for the next one (hopefully very steamy!).

I have always posted anon., but I understand your point as far as putting a name to a comment.

I love this story, I have been reading form the very beginning!

Anonymous said...

See I don't want to make an account cause of the personal information problem. But I'll put my name (which i dont usually do lol) Its a great blog I just get sad and frustrated when were told theres going to be a blog and there isnt one.
I'm sad today
Ally.

Anna said...

~s~ the day isn't over for me Ally...things came up but I am working on one at the moment...and then I'll be writing the next post which will be posted before the weekend...

Angela

Anonymous said...

Кажется, это подойдет.